April 16, 2024, 02:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (70%)
<$60,000 - 18 (30%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: « 1 ... 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 23374 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 [23414] 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 23439 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 23453 23454 23455 23456 23457 23458 23459 23460 23461 23462 23463 23464 ... 33267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355787 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:25:12 PM

According to this graph made by PlanB, after the halving of 2024 his model is calling a BTC price of USD 400,000.

So I will be able to afford a brief holiday not on public holiday putting an end to all of this:

I can’t wait.
I’m here for the tech, btw.

Nothing wrong with being here for the tech & the luxurious lifestyle the halving in 2020 could give you.
I’ll be selling possibly half of my stash after the next halving & I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Yeah, I'd crack like a walnut to around then as well.

By the way, why does a Legendary have a 'copper membership' ...I find it curious? Just helping the bitcointalk cause was the reason?

but yeah, did not crack on the way down, but likely to crack and sell some on the way up to 10k again...(panic: it is how I roll) Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:37:08 PM
Merited by jbreher (1)

Not only does he repeatedly make up what he thinks others are saying falsely and refuses to accept it when people tell him that he misunderstood what they were saying, but now he also uses words while imbuing them with completely arbitrary meaning that has no common ground with the English language other than appearance.

Oh my god.  You know English the best, and how to you express ur selfie.  
No, I don't. But you're literally and demonstrably incapable of holding a coherent conversation.

You've done the same thing repeatedly. You make up the content of others' posts even though it's clearly false. Then you argue against the position of others that you have made up in a manner comparable to a complete degenerate. Even Roach manages to at least distill the content of the posts he's quoting when spewing his nonsense.

1. If you call Bitcoin non-artificial that's patently false. It is artificial. And that's not a technical argument. It's just a fact of the English language. If you can't even use words properly and refuse to amend your mistakes when pointed out to you there is no point in talking to you as you have no intention of conveying meaning and only care about rambling ad nauseum.

Accordingly, try to change the 21 million bitcoin versus trying to figure out the extent to which the gold supply is scarce or not manipulated by paper inflation?  Which one is more scarce in real application and what the fuck problem has bitcoin attempted to solve?  

With bitcoin, we are talking practical application and a programmed and consensual scarcity, not some pie in the sky theory about what could or might happen in some hypothetical (not likely to happen scenario).  And, that is part of the reason why, currently, bitcoin has the strongest and hardest money that has ever been created  (until proven otherwise).
To which I've responded with:

As far as the scarcity argument goes, it doesn't even exist. One is limited in supply, the other is not.
This response literally states that I've agreed with the idea that Bitcoin's supply is not unlimited, while gold virtually is. None of this has anything to do with the "artificial" argument which you clearly conflate with your absence of reading comprehension skills.

Yet you respond with this horseshit:
One of the significant reasons that bitcoin is valuable remains its scarcity, and no one gives a ratt's ass if it could technically be changed through consensus, because it is not going to happen, at least not in the foreseeable future, not in any practical way, and such a change that is theoretically possible is not relevant because it is not going to happen, and if it does happen, then we could address such point at that time.  If you believe bitcoin's supply is going to change at any time in the near future, then you are surely in some whimsical thinking that no one else is planning around such scenario.. but yet you still want to talk about it?  Get a a grip, BTCMILLIONAIRE.
And thus proving once more that you are incapable of following an argument. You repeatedly conflated false assumptions of your own, then ramble on and on about "technically". There is no technicality issue here.

There are two arguments.

One, you clearly don't understand the word "artificial" and you're too arrogant and delusional to adopt its proper use.

Two, gold has virtually no scarcity and thus can't be compared to Bitcoin which is inherently limited. One is abundant, the other is scarce.

Again, learn to fucking read and get over yourself.

Instead of asking why you've possibly misunderstood you keep lashing out against everyone every time this happens. You're an emotional and impulsive asswipe that emits zero signs of intelligence. Perhaps Roach was right in assessing you as a chat bot.

So as a brief summary:

- You use words with no respect for their definition
- You have zero reading comprehension
- You can't follow even basic arguments
- You repeatedly conflate your false ideas of what has been said
- You ramble on and on about your conflated nonsense

I doubt anybody in this thread can make an argument as to why anyone should waste time reading your posts when not only you use words with no respect for their meaning, but also fail to listen when people repeatedly tell you that you're making up shit that has never been said. The latter happened at least twice just this week. Get a grip, JJG.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 15332

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 05:46:17 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 09:20:52 AM by fillippone

According to this graph made by PlanB, after the halving of 2024 his model is calling a BTC price of USD 400,000.

So I will be able to afford a brief holiday not on public holiday putting an end to all of this:

I can’t wait.
I’m here for the tech, btw.

Nothing wrong with being here for the tech & the luxurious lifestyle the halving in 2020 could give you.
I’ll be selling possibly half of my stash after the next halving & I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Grin Grin

All the message are missing the relevant part of my post, due to my inability to write something without heavy edits:

This:

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:53:44 PM
Merited by jbreher (1), BobLawblaw (1)

Bitcoin was created by a holy creature who came from the outer space.

Interesting point. Alien technology is not by definition artificial. Nor is that created by chimps for that matter, so WO thread is also natural.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:01:38 PM

Bitcoin was created by a holy creature who came from the outer space.

Interesting point. Alien technology is not by definition artificial. Nor is that created by chimps for that matter, so WO thread is also natural.
Nice catch.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:08:59 PM

City dominates
bitcoin will recover soon
to make me happy
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:14:37 PM

To ebb and to flow
Bitcoin's natural cycle
Cascade to the moon
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10127

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:16:52 PM

Not only does he repeatedly make up what he thinks others are saying falsely and refuses to accept it when people tell him that he misunderstood what they were saying, but now he also uses words while imbuing them with completely arbitrary meaning that has no common ground with the English language other than appearance.

Oh my god.  You know English the best, and how to you express ur selfie.  
No, I don't. But you're literally and demonstrably incapable of holding a coherent conversation.

look in the mirror before you point too many fingers.

You've done the same thing repeatedly. You make up the content of others' posts even though it's clearly false.

Who gives a shit?  Are you the content monitor?   Maybe I am making points that you do not understand?  while acting like you do understand?

Then you argue against the position of others that you have made up in a manner comparable to a complete degenerate.

Yeah.. right.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Even Roach manages to at least distill the content of the posts he's quoting when spewing his nonsense.

Yeah.. your  buddy roach.

1. If you call Bitcoin non-artificial that's patently false. It is artificial.

Who cares if it is artificial or not?  That is a point that you are wanting to argue.

I am talking about a 21 million cap that was created in the original algorithm, has been maintained by consensus, and is likely NOT to change.

So whether it is artificial or not, the 21 million cap is an actual current condition, and it does NOT matter if, in theory, such cap "can" be changed when the practicality is that either 1) it is never going to be changed, 2) it won't be changed in our life(s) time, or 3) if it changes, then we can deal with such change  at that time.  Option 1 is the most likely to be true and is the most practical current operative condition, so who gives any shits about your theories about options 2 and 3?

And that's not a technical argument. It's just a fact of the English language.

In order to attempt to cause your situation to become more true, you can argue it in whatever the fuck framework that you want, and if you are arguing some pie in the sky speculation about a condition that does not exist, it does not become more true, merely because you frame it as "english language" phony baloney.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

If you can't even use words properly and refuse to amend your mistakes when pointed out to you there is no point in talking to you as you have no intention of conveying meaning and only care about rambling ad nauseum.

Yes, from your limited perspective that you wished were god-like.

Accordingly, try to change the 21 million bitcoin versus trying to figure out the extent to which the gold supply is scarce or not manipulated by paper inflation?  Which one is more scarce in real application and what the fuck problem has bitcoin attempted to solve?  

With bitcoin, we are talking practical application and a programmed and consensual scarcity, not some pie in the sky theory about what could or might happen in some hypothetical (not likely to happen scenario).  And, that is part of the reason why, currently, bitcoin has the strongest and hardest money that has ever been created  (until proven otherwise).
To which I've responded with:

As far as the scarcity argument goes, it doesn't even exist. One is limited in supply, the other is not.
This response literally states that I've agreed with the idea that Bitcoin's supply is not unlimited, while gold virtually is.

You got your scarcity backwards.  Bitcoin is more scarce than gold.  That is what makes bitcoin the hardest money ever in existence.

None of this has anything to do with the "artificial" argument which you clearly conflate with your absence of reading comprehension skills.

Artificial is either 1) off topic, 2) irrelevant or 3) something that you want to discuss on a technical basis (that does not cause it to become relevant, merely because you would like to discuss it as some kind of supposedly important point that you are making......... NOT).

Yet you respond with this horseshit:
If I am talking horseshit, then why do you want to continue to discuss with your baloney?

One of the significant reasons that bitcoin is valuable remains its scarcity, and no one gives a ratt's ass if it could technically be changed through consensus, because it is not going to happen, at least not in the foreseeable future, not in any practical way, and such a change that is theoretically possible is not relevant because it is not going to happen, and if it does happen, then we could address such point at that time.  If you believe bitcoin's supply is going to change at any time in the near future, then you are surely in some whimsical thinking that no one else is planning around such scenario.. but yet you still want to talk about it?  Get a a grip, BTCMILLIONAIRE.
And thus proving once more that you are incapable of following an argument. You repeatedly conflated false assumptions of your own, then ramble on and on about "technically". There is no technicality issue here.

Yes.  I have made my various points, but you still want to discuss.

There are two arguments.

From your continued limited perspective that you would wish to be "god-like."

One, you clearly don't understand the word "artificial" and you're too arrogant and delusional to adopt its proper use.

One:  you are focusing too much on me.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Two, gold has virtually no scarcity and thus can't be compared to Bitcoin which is inherently limited. One is abundant, the other is scarce.

Two:  If you love gold so much and want to argue about how it is so much better than bitcoin, then why do you need to do that here?  Does anyone here, besides Roach, give any shits about your nuance (and seemingly inaccurate and misleading) comparisons?

Again, learn to fucking read and get over yourself.

Why?  Why should I accept your imposition of framework, merely because you want to act like a god?  Meanwhile you don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Instead of asking why you've possibly misunderstood you keep lashing out against everyone every time this happens.

Who cares if I misunderstood?  Doesn't matter, except for you.

You're an emotional and impulsive asswipe that emits zero signs of intelligence. Perhaps Roach was right in assessing you as a chat bot.

Yes.. your buddy roach has intelligent things to say and to quote?  Rrrrrrriiiiiggggghhhhhhttt.

So as a brief summary:

- You use words with no respect for their definition
- You have zero reading comprehension
- You can't follow even basic arguments
- You repeatedly conflate your false ideas of what has been said
- You ramble on and on about your conflated nonsense

And you seem to be focused too much on me... who cares?  those arguments about me are not relevant.

I doubt anybody in this thread can make an argument as to why anyone should waste time reading your posts when not only you use words with no respect for their meaning, but also fail to listen when people repeatedly tell you that you're making up shit that has never been said.

There is no need to make any argument about which posts to read.  People can decide for themselves.

The latter happened at least twice just this week. Get a grip, JJG.

I am glad that you are keeping track regarding things that don't matter.   Roll Eyes
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:18:41 PM

Thank you for proving once and for all that all you care about is stringing incoherent dribble, thus rendering everything you say irrelevant. Ignored.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:18:49 PM

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/renault-trezor-concept/
not terribly convenient for holding your pocket money
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:20:57 PM

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/renault-trezor-concept/
not terribly convenient for holding your pocket money
What do you mean? Fits easily on a Yacht-Trezor as a sub-wallet for casual spending.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 06:23:35 PM
Merited by Biodom (1), 600watt (1), kingcolex (1)

Im Antlitz der aufgehenden Sonne
Stand ich frühmorgens da
Mein Leib voller süßer Wonne
Und güldene bitcoins im Haar
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:43:34 PM

I dont like this graph. Because it have same factor for every halving but emission inflation keeps decreasing. So supply pressure from freshly mined coins is smaller and smaller.   
When first halving happened in 2012. 50% of all Bitcoin was mined and daily emission of 3600 BTC gave us 0.03425% daily emission inflation what is if we multiply with 365 days = 12.5% yearly emission inflation
When last halving happened in 2016. 75% of all Bitcoin was mined and daily emission of 1800 BTC gave us 0.01142% daily emission inflation what is if we multiply with 365 days = 4.17% yearly emission inflation
At next halving next year 87% of all bitcoins will be already mined and daily emission of 900 BTC will give us 0.00489% daily emission inflation what is if we multiply with 365 days = 1.78% yearly emission inflation

12.5/4.17 is more then 4.17/1.78. So impact of halving on price of Bitcoin is decreasing.

BTW Gold average yearly mining inflation is 1.6%
encycrypto

Activity: 294
Merit: 53

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:56:12 PM

Stand ich frühmorgens da

Not sure what the fuck this says but it's not a half page of quotes and fighting.

It also includes Bitcoin
+1 smerit

Afdxfsfc ATH ttsxytd
Lugghgtg moon fyyfcde
Ghytfdefg bitcoin gytfgrrh
Kiyhgfg soon hiyhbg
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:01:18 PM
Merited by kingcolex (2), vapourminer (1), Gyrsur (1), El duderino_ (1), 600watt (1), GrosWesh (1), Raja_MBZ (1), Lambie Slayer (1)

Chad Elwartowski is with Nadia Supranee Thepdet. Yesterday at 20:19 ·

Just checking in to let everyone know that Nadia and I are still safe. I have been avoiding social media to avoid making any mistakes that may reveal our location.
When this all started I was quite disheartened. I never wanted an ordinary life, I wanted to be different, to be extraordinary. But when the response to my extraordinary life was a death sentence I felt that perhaps there was no place in this world for thinking differently, perhaps I should resign myself to an ordinary life and just go with the flow. Give up on freedom.
But the outpouring of support that Nadia and I have received this past couple of weeks has been amazing. People from all walks of life, from all over the world have done some incredible things to help us. The people that have come through for us have done the extraordinary when they did not have to. For that I am both grateful and humbled.
There are so many people I would like to thank for keeping us alive. Some truly honorable people that I cannot mention due to discretion, but I hope they know that they made the right decision in helping us.
We will live. And we will continue to be extraordinary.

also, a bit old, seems to know Elwar: https://medium.com/@randolphhencken/perspective-on-the-thai-seasteading-matter-9ddd7e6456fe
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 11909

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:09:32 PM

Stand ich frühmorgens da

Thats not a HAIKU  5-7-5   Tongue
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:13:13 PM
Merited by mindrust (1)

There are 2 #bitcoin ETFs waiting approval w/the SEC

October is the final date a decision has to be made to approval or deny

1. VanEck SolidX bitcoin ETF
2. Bitwise bitcoin ETF

Gold did ~4x after ETF approval
Chart from @crypToBanger @gaborgurbacs @HHorsley @APompliano #btc

https://twitter.com/xtdisnkfe/status/1122432261616361472
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 9464

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:27:24 PM

2. Bitwise bitcoin ETF

mic if one of those ETF’s get approved I’ll pay for you & cryptoqueeen to come over & see a Liverpool game in my associate’s private box at Anfield.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:27:33 PM

^^
I also know we don't need it, but some like to read some ETF-based-Hopium Cheesy

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:29:00 PM

2. Bitwise bitcoin ETF

mic if one of those ETF’s get approved I’ll pay for you & cryptoqueeen to come over & see a Liverpool game in my associate’s private box at Anfield.

Quoted Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 23374 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 [23414] 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 23439 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 23453 23454 23455 23456 23457 23458 23459 23460 23461 23462 23463 23464 ... 33267 »
  Print  

Jump to: