April 23, 2024, 08:07:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23660 23661 23662 23663 23664 23665 23666 23667 23668 23669 23670 23671 23672 23673 23674 23675 23676 23677 23678 23679 23680 23681 23682 23683 23684 23685 23686 23687 23688 23689 23690 23691 23692 23693 23694 23695 23696 23697 23698 23699 23700 23701 23702 23703 23704 23705 23706 23707 23708 23709 [23710] 23711 23712 23713 23714 23715 23716 23717 23718 23719 23720 23721 23722 23723 23724 23725 23726 23727 23728 23729 23730 23731 23732 23733 23734 23735 23736 23737 23738 23739 23740 23741 23742 23743 23744 23745 23746 23747 23748 23749 23750 23751 23752 23753 23754 23755 23756 23757 23758 23759 23760 ... 33295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366608 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:10:29 AM

1h

4h

D

#stronghands'19
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:12:07 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2019, 05:58:50 PM by cAPSLOCK
Merited by BobLawblaw (10), kingcolex (5), infofront (2), El duderino_ (2), o_e_l_e_o (2), vapourminer (1), xhomerx10 (1), Paashaas (1), jojo69 (1), kurious (1), gentlemand (1), bitebits (1), fillippone (1), ivomm (1), Toxic2040 (1), HairyMaclairy (1), ChinkyEyes (1), BinaryReign (1)

On a semi serious note..just talking about things can be helpful for some. Hope you feel better soon.

I already do feel like a bit of a load is off, and seeing Bob and LFC open up first helped. I just need a more positive outlook I think.

I gotta say I understand this.

Bitcoin has changed my life.  And currently it is not for the better entirely.  It took me a year to get over the astonishingly humongous (paper) value I lost during 2018.  But I am not a trader.  I just don't do it.  So it happened and I ended up making peace.  But I have spent so much time learning focusing, obsessing over bitcoin, and money.  I come home from my work and read forums and twitter and swipe down on blockfolio over and over.

On the good side I became like steel after losing all the value.  I became placid, strong unflappable.

And I realized money does not mean shit.  We all say it... but something happened to nail it in.

Last year at the end of summer I took my family to a barrier island in the FL panhandle.  It was beautiful.  The bluest water... the whitest sand.

I have a life threatening fire ant (and yellow jacket, wasp, hornet) allergy. If I am stung I have extreme vasodialation and I will pass out, piss on myself and depending on my posture, die.  I will blink out like I am dead.  With my eyes open too, I hear.  it's pretty scary (for others).  I have been revived by paramedics once.  If I can keep my head lower than my body I stand a chance to stay conscious. 

So towards the end of the trip I went into the ocean with my younger daughter.  We were out to my shoulders.  It was a gorgeous day. The water was like a bathtub.  It was beautiful.

My arms started to go numb.

Luckily I am very familiar with my version of anaphylactic shock, and knew quickly I was having a very strong reaction.  Strangely I had not felt stung by anything. If I had not realized what was happening quickly I'd have lost consciousness and most certainly drowned.   I told my 12 year old girl, "RUN!  Get an Epi pen.  Come back as fast as you can.  I will hopefully be on the sand. Bring mama."  I stumbled in to shore through the surf as my vision started to get turn grey.  I could see a bit of a dune where the high tide had made a uneven place in the sand.  I stumbled over to it and dropped down with my feet elevated and my head low.  My blood pressure had dropped to ridiculous lows by the point.  My heart was pounding to try to circulate less blood than I had volume in my veins.  My legs went numb and it was everything I could do not to shit myself.

I squinted at the sky.  The most beautiful sky... And the sand... everything was upside down.  There was a bird flying overhead.  And I became a bit angry as I realized that , beautiful as it may be, there was a chance this would be the last thing I saw.  And I WANTED TO LIVE.  The ocean was rushing in on the beach and the sounds and smells were so wonderful.  I could hear another family about 50 feet from me shifting around and their children playing.  I sort of laughingly thought how horrible it would be to die there on the sand and mess up their day.

My daughter reappeared with the Epinephrine.  I took off the cap and held it.  I am cheap as hell, and only want to use that thing if I am going out.  Plus I can only imagine it is harsh and possibly dangerous in itself... My wife and other daughter arrived with water.  My mouth was very dry as I think my body quickly shifts as much water as possible to.. well I don't know.. flush the poisons?  Fill my veins?  But I began to feel the effect subsiding.  I was going to be OK.

Eventually i got up and stumbled back to where we were staying.

But here's the thing...

During the time I was alone with the effects of the shock peaking wondering if I was going to make it - I thought a few very powerful thoughts.

I thought of my Father, Mother and Sister.  How I loved them.
I thought of my daughters.  And I think this is when I began to weep a little.  I wanted to see them grow up.
I thought of my warm, loving wife and how our lives are so intertwined, and I really really did not want to leave her alone.
I thought of God and the life He had given me (no offense to you atheists. Wink and how much I really did not think I was done with it yet.

That was it.  That was ALL OF IT.

I did not think about my job, my things, my problems, or anything or anyone else.  Those things... those PEOPLE.  That was all that went through my mind.

And I did not think about Bitcoin at all.  Not at all.

In the end, as vacation ruining as this sort of thing might be, it ended up teaching me a very powerful lesson...  We all know that is the sort of stuff that "really matters" right? Love... Family?

Well it is.  It really is.

*ps*  yes there is a plan for them to get to the BTC when I am dead.  But... I plan on living.  And after the next couple bull runs I might even buy a place to stay on that beach.  For me.  And my wife.  And the grandchildren I have not met yet.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10142

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:16:44 AM

$8,391 local top from merely a week ago.

This is the complete destruction of bears!
If we ever close above 8350

I suppose you are talking about daily close.

I don't buy it.  I don't buy that specific numbers either cause bullish or bearish to become inevitable.   

We already have had decent upwards price movement, so there would be nothing wrong with another correction, .. sideways here for a few days is o.k. too. 

I just cannot conclude any direction as being even close to guaranteed, even though we continue to experience what appears to be decent ongoing good buy support, even at these price levels in a $7,600 to $8,200 arena.
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:17:02 AM

Bitcoin can consume your life like Gollum and the Ring, lot of bitcoiners lose sight of whats really important in life. No one is immortal, your all going to be in the ground eventually.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:26:21 AM

Bitcoin can consume your life like Gollum and the Ring, lot of bitcoiners lose sight of whats really important in life. No one is immortal, your all going to be in the ground eventually.

Speak for yourself, ducky.

I've already paid to have my crotch frozen. It may well be chucked in the incinerator as soon as there are enough confirmations but you never know.

In other news Facebookcoin is looking official https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48383460
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:28:11 AM
Merited by HairyMaclairy (1)

On a semi serious note..just talking about things can be helpful for some. Hope you feel better soon.

I already do feel like a bit of a load is off, and seeing Bob and LFC open up first helped. I just need a more positive outlook I think.

Bitcoin has changed my life.  And currently it is not for the better entirely.  It took me a year to get over the astonishingly humongous (paper) value I lost during 2018.  But I am not a trader.  I just don't do it.  So it happened and I ended up making peace.  But I have spent so much time learning focusing, obsessing over bitcoin, and money.  I come home from my work and read forums and twitter and swipe down on blockfolio over and over.

On the good side I became like steel after losing all the value.  I became placid, strong unflappable.

And I realized money does not mean shit.  We all say it... but something happened to nail it in.

Last year at the end of summer I took my family to a barrier island in the FL panhandle.  It was beautiful.  The bluest water... the whitest sand.

I have a life threatening fire ant (and yellow jacket, wasp, hornet) allergy. If I am stung I have extreme vasodialation and I will pass out, piss on myself and depending on my posture, die.  I will blink out like I am dead.  With my eyes open too, I hear.  it's pretty scary (for others).  I have been revived by paramedics once.  If I can keep my head lower than my body I stand a chance to stay conscious.  

So towards the end of the trip I went into the ocean with my younger daughter.  We were out to my shoulders.  It was a gorgeous day. The water was like a bathtub.  It was beautiful.

My arms started to go numb.

Luckily I am very familiar with my version of anaphylactic shock, and knew quickly I was having a very strong reaction.  Strangely I had not felt stung by anything. If I had not realized what was happening quickly I'd have lost consciousness and most certainly drowned.   I told my 12 year old girl, "RUN!  Get an Epi pen.  Come back as fast as you can.  I will hopefully be on the sand. Bring mama."  I stumbled in to shore through the surf as my vision started to get turn grey.  I could see a bit of a dune where the high tide had made a uneven place in the sand.  I stumbled over to it and dropped down with my feet elevated and my head low.  My blood pressure had dropped to ridiculous lows by the point.  My heart was pounding to try to circulate less blood than I had volume in my veins.  My legs went numb and it was everything I could do not to shit myself.

I squinted at the sky.  The most beautiful sky... And the sand... everything was upside down.  There was a bird flying overhead.  And I became a bit angry as I realized that , beautiful as it may be, there was a chance this would be the last thing I saw.  And I WANTED TO LIVE.  The ocean was rushing in on the beach and the sounds and smells were so wonderful.  I could hear another family about 50 feet from me shifting around and their children playing.  I sort of laughingly thought how horrible it would be to die there on the sand and mess up their day.

My daughter reappeared with the Epinephrine.  I took off the cap and held it.  I am cheap as hell, and only want to use that thing if I am going out.  Plus I can only imagine it is harsh and possibly dangerous in itself... My wife and other daughter arrived with water.  My mouth was very dry as I think my body quickly shifts as much water as possible to.. well I don't know.. flush the poisons?  Fill my veins?  But I began to feel the effect subsiding.  I was going to be OK.

Eventually i got up and stumbled back to where we were staying.

But here's the thing...

During the time I was alone with the effects of the shock peaking wondering if I was going to make it - I thought a few very powerful thoughts.

I thought of my Father, Mother and Sister.  How I loved them.
I thought of my daughters.  And I think this is when I began to weep a little.  I wanted to see them grow up.
I thought of my warm, loving wife and how our lives are so intertwined, and I really really did not want to leave her alone.
I thought of God and the life He had given me (no offense to you atheists. Wink and how much I really did not think I was done with it yet.

That was it.  That was ALL OF IT.

I did not think about my job, my things, my problems, or anything or anyone else.  Those things... those PEOPLE.  That was all that went through my mind.

And I did not think about Bitcoin at all.  Not at all.

In the end, as vacation ruining as this sort of thing might be, it ended up teaching me a very powerful lesson...  We all know that is the sort of stuff that "really matters" right? Love... Family?

Well it is.  It really is.

*ps*  yes there is a plan for them to get to the BTC when I am dead.  But... I plan on living.  And after the next couple bull runs I might even by a place to stay on that beach.  For me.  And my wife.  And the grandchildren I have not met yet.

That's a very powerful message I wouldn't want to have to learn first hand.  Thanks Smiley
If I can just say one thing though... don't cheap out on the Epi-pens; your family needs you too.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 01:30:44 AM

I've already paid to have my crotch frozen. It may well be chucked in the incinerator as soon as there are enough confirmations but you never know.

In other news Facebookcoin is looking official https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48383460
Is there any impact on cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin if that "facebookcoin" will launch?
Like, it is possible the market cap of some cryptocurrency will decrease because of facebook?
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:35:46 AM

Yes. Bitcoin.com provides prominent notice that BCH and BTC are two different things. Faced with that knowledge, if the newcomer is not prompted to perform the requisite five more minutes of due diligence, they'd lose their money in short order no matter which direction they go.
JB for fuck sake please stop saying this again and again. Please do not get blind to see how they are phushing BCH shit on their website. Have you even read the emails they send to their subscribers. In every emails they push BCH. I have never seen an email where they pushed to buy Bitcoin.

Of course they push BCH.

Yes, they provide prominent notice that BCH and BTC are different. Ergo, anyone purchasing BCH from them knows damned well that it is not BTC. Accordingly, no fraud has been committed. Purchaser is fully informed as to the difference. Purchaser receives exactly what they bought.
Adding the useless qualifier "core" to bitcoin just to mix it up with bcash (which does need a qualifier) borders on fraud.
We don't need to explain you that, do we?

Waiting for the day the site properly calls bitcoin "Bitcoin" and bcash "Bitcoin Cash".

skeleton-waiting.gif
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:37:42 AM

I thought of God and the life He had given me (no offense to you atheists. Wink

Atheism is not a belief system. Atheists are not offended if you believe in the stone lying next to you or the imagined flotilla in the clouds.

With that said. Buying in at the peak and then losing value cause btc dipped and then being adamant about not trading it is a wee bit silly.

Also, please take care of yourself.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:45:44 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

And I realized money does not mean shit.  We all say it... but something happened to nail it in.

-snip-

But here's the thing...       ...with the effects of the shock peaking wondering if I was going to make it - I thought a few very powerful thoughts.

I thought of my Father, Mother and Sister.  How I loved them.
I thought of my daughters.  And I think this is when I began to weep a little.  I wanted to see them grow up.

That was it.  That was ALL OF IT.

I did not think about my job, my things, my problems, or anything or anyone else.  Those things... those PEOPLE.  That was all that went through my mind.

And I did not think about Bitcoin at all.  Not at all.

-snip-

Unfortunately for most of us it take this sort of epiphany to wake up to what I believe are fundamental truths.

+5  WOsMerit's for sharing that touching story.

I have to admit I almost jerked a tear out there. Be there for your family and friends. The rest is dross.

----------

-ninja edit-

+1 WOsMerit

lel
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:50:16 AM

It's in those moments that we get our priorities straight.
I was touched.

Please take care - with stinging bugs and with doxxing yourself!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:55:17 AM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

Is there any impact on cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin if that "facebookcoin" will launch?
Like, it is possible the market cap of some cryptocurrency will decrease because of facebook?

Facebookcoin will be everything bitcoin is not. It'll be reversible, blockable, confiscatible, its value will be tied to the fiat currencies it's pegged to, and most importantly to many it won't make you any money.

Remittance is the one area I can see it eating cryptos theoretical lunch but then again they're partnering with Western Union which won't be a bargain.

I think Facebook will turn out to have bitten off more than they can chew. Compliance will be an utter nightmare.

If it's to have any effect it'll be to remind people how important the real deal is.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:00:12 AM

^^ take my last

Just imagine having to hand your IDs to Big Brother Zuckerberg because KYC.
Privcy Foundation

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:00:59 AM

People here get caught up in bitcoiner opinions but the vast majority of people do not care about decentralization and all those other principles.  Average Joe would rather have his transactions be reversible, people don't want to be their own bank.

a quick video and I'm off to the holdnest like Mr Mcgoosens, later chaps.

d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:05:57 AM

Alright Privcy, where is it you want to go?
I never suspected you looked this hot.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:16:19 AM

Facebookcoin will be everything bitcoin is not. It'll be reversible, blockable, confiscatible, its value will be tied to the fiat currencies it's pegged to, and most importantly to many it won't make you any money.

Remittance is the one area I can see it eating cryptos theoretical lunch but then again they're partnering with Western Union which won't be a bargain.

I think Facebook will turn out to have bitten off more than they can chew. Compliance will be an utter nightmare.

If it's to have any effect it'll be to remind people how important the real deal is.

I fail to see the point of such facebookcoin. Why would someone need a monstrosity seemingly correlated with a basket of currencies?
That means that you can still lose value. A 'stable" currency that is not stable? If it is not stable, then you are still liable for the capital gains? Who needs it?
It's a lame attempt of outdoing Wechat, I suppose.
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:29:51 AM

Since 7/2015, bitcoin brings the highest cumulative miner revenue for miners among Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.
Since ETH's inception, BTC's total miner revenue is 2x ETH's and 11x LTC's.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:29:33 AM

Two kids accept bitcoins as a payment method in their small lemonade shop!
https://twitter.com/cryptomodel/status/1131300872170946560
image loading...

Then, when the government finds out:

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:52:14 AM

Relax and start planning to make your dreams come true. Financial freedom at the horizon is imo already a certain outcome.

Somehow, i have this nagging feeling that it might not happen.
Essentially, it would mean minting of millions of new millionares.
Too much deviation.
I actually tried to calculate what would be the price of btc be for total numbers of millionaires going up by less than 10% (from the current 33-36 mil millionaires).
I got about 0.86btc-1.28btc for $1 mil or 780K-1.16mil/btc (for total of about 2.75-3.5 mil accounts).
This is possible, but too much of a dream. How often dreams come to a realization?

I had the same vibe at 20K...feeling that it is somehow wrong. Maybe too early?

You should hold that one full coin for atleast 5-10 years. I know it is a long time but you will reap the benefits big time.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:58:55 AM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 23660 23661 23662 23663 23664 23665 23666 23667 23668 23669 23670 23671 23672 23673 23674 23675 23676 23677 23678 23679 23680 23681 23682 23683 23684 23685 23686 23687 23688 23689 23690 23691 23692 23693 23694 23695 23696 23697 23698 23699 23700 23701 23702 23703 23704 23705 23706 23707 23708 23709 [23710] 23711 23712 23713 23714 23715 23716 23717 23718 23719 23720 23721 23722 23723 23724 23725 23726 23727 23728 23729 23730 23731 23732 23733 23734 23735 23736 23737 23738 23739 23740 23741 23742 23743 23744 23745 23746 23747 23748 23749 23750 23751 23752 23753 23754 23755 23756 23757 23758 23759 23760 ... 33295 »
  Print  

Jump to: