April 20, 2024, 01:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23777 23778 23779 23780 23781 23782 23783 23784 23785 23786 23787 23788 23789 23790 23791 23792 23793 23794 23795 23796 23797 23798 23799 23800 23801 23802 23803 23804 23805 23806 23807 23808 23809 23810 23811 23812 23813 23814 23815 23816 23817 23818 23819 23820 23821 23822 23823 23824 23825 23826 [23827] 23828 23829 23830 23831 23832 23833 23834 23835 23836 23837 23838 23839 23840 23841 23842 23843 23844 23845 23846 23847 23848 23849 23850 23851 23852 23853 23854 23855 23856 23857 23858 23859 23860 23861 23862 23863 23864 23865 23866 23867 23868 23869 23870 23871 23872 23873 23874 23875 23876 23877 ... 33284 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364786 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 07:31:47 PM

Btw count me in for the 100k party.
What's the deposit? Where do I send it? (Tranche of random addresses in 3, 2...)

Don't recall anyone suggesting the only place one of the wealthy elite would party... Monaco.
Granprix weekend would be the cherry on top.

Monaco is a fooking shithole filled with arseholes. A weekend in a bail hostel in a Detroit ghetto would be classier.

I was thinking the exact same thing about Ibiza, which I recall someone mentioning.

In the end, as much as I'd like to see it, I don't REALLY see it happening.
It will require someone with the ability, means and will to step up to the plate and organise. I mean, it's a BIG task. Just look at choosing the location, let alone the venue.
...Then factor in all the requests/demands of the kind you'd expect from the people in this thread. Think about that for a moment. Be enough to drive anyone mad.

Nice idea though. Hope it does happen, and so long as the logistics work out, I'm in.

What were the thoughts per head? 0.2BTC doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to me. Def has to be below 0.5 though.

Below 0.5 now or below 0.5 then? It's a huge difference you know  Grin

Below $50,000.00 per head.

I mean, my 'reasonable' figure of 0.2 now is ~$1,700.
Pretty much just looking at hiring out a shitty nightclub in Ibiza for that price.

Well I guess you had a really traumatizing experience in Ibiza. That island is not only about shitty nightclubs. You can rent a decent villa somewhere off a beaten track...   Cool 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2407

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:32:14 PM

But why would you want to wait for the 100k party to meet and drink some beers? Just like Mic and LFC did recently? We can do it any time: tomorrow, in a week, next month etc etc

What makes a difference is most of wo members getting filthy rich and celebrating this fact. That's the whole reason behind the 100k party.  Cool

I guess you have a point.

I just realized I am not going to be rich enough for the $100k party even when BTC hits $100k. Thanks for making me realize.  Grin

Thinking about getting in XMR to make 2x, what do you say globbo?

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRBTC/gZoLhKtd-Monero/

The chart looks OK. (not that OK, but I don't think this is going lower forever) Then maybe I can afford the party.  Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:36:35 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (1), BobLawblaw (1), P_Shep (1)

I don't need a bunch of whores trying to lie our new found wealth out of us, I don't need some crazy shit that will make me see everything as a goat with milk dripping from its horns or anything, I don't need to go to somewhere and wear a suit to pretend im something (Im not craig)

Agreed. And in the spirit of Craig I would fork the party and have a protest one outside the venue on plastic chairs serving mayonnaise sandwiches and out of date cans of beer.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:36:47 PM

The way I see it, there are 2 types of people here.

1-Those who want go girls, yachts, private jets, foam party, monaco, ibiza, Vegas (ffs :p)... you get the picture. Ultra rich party. Snipers' dream.

2-Those who want to get together and drink some beers and maybe do some crazy stuff later in the night.  Grin (not too crazy, we don't wanna break any laws)

Looking at number 1 all we have to do is check the various 'blockchain cruises' as cautionary tales - Ukranian hostesses either crying or yawning, crypto bros dry humping pianos, the autistic ones hiding in their cabins and texting into the great nothingness.

You need something compelling, bonding and memorable. I would suggest planning and executing a raid on an Al-Shabaab base in a remote area of Somalia.

Fuck I just want to get a couple of beers and make fun of some of ya to your face, I want to raise pint and have a cheers to the shit we saw, what we emotionally went through (Fuck I'd say one of our own members being hunted down by a fucking government is a big fucking deal) and just having a good time and hearing stories about goofey shit and knocking on each other.

I don't need a bunch of whores trying to lie our new found wealth out of us, I don't need some crazy shit that will make me see everything as a goat with milk dripping from its horns or anything, I don't need to go to somewhere and wear a suit to pretend im something (Im not craig)

Fuck 100k, we should just have a get together regardless.

Need two parties then:
-Extroverts
-Introverts
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:37:26 PM
Merited by Globb0 (1), serveria.com (1)

1-Those who want go girls, yachts, private jets, foam party, monaco, ibiza, Vegas (ffs :p)... you get the picture. Ultra rich party. Snipers' dream.

2-Those who want to get together and drink some beers and maybe do some crazy stuff later in the night.  Grin (not too crazy, we don't wanna break any laws)

I don't think those 2 groups can come together and find a common ground.

Dude says $50k/head for a party.

Pretty much just looking at hiring out a shitty nightclub in Ibiza for that price.

LoL $20k managable but still too much.

I have several requirements..its a distinct fact that many will not agree to such terms.

1- It has to be in a private venue. I do not want to be disturbed.
2- We must have full catering and open wet bar. I dont know about you but I like to eat and drink when I party.
3- There must be a band. At the very least a kick ass DJ.
4- It will be a 21 and over event. Period.
5- Must have a smoking area.
6- Sleeping quarters attached or near by.

Other than those things it can be as simple or elaborate as we desire.

I will forewarn you all however, I have had years of practice at partying and I am pretty damn good at it if I do say so myself. So prepare thyselves.   Grin

Looking at number 1 all we have to do is check the various 'blockchain cruises' as cautionary tales - Ukranian hostesses either crying or yawning, crypto bros dry humping pianos, the autistic ones hiding in their cabins and texting into the great nothingness.

You need something compelling, bonding and memorable. I would suggest planning and executing a raid on an Al-Shabaab base in a remote area of Somalia.

+1 WOsMerit
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:39:04 PM

I would suggest planning and executing a raid on an Al-Shabaab base in a remote area of Somalia.

that...

sounds like a blast!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:39:35 PM

[edited out]

if Satoshi wanted changes he would be adding them himself and the community would accept them or not.

If satoshi had wanted changes in bitcoin, he would have stuck around past 2010.

Whether such exit was voluntary or forced may not matter too much, but after satoshi left, bitcoin was forced to develop without cult of personality of one individual or group and became the coin that it is today... not exactly stagnant, but had gone through a few battles, including attacks in 2017.. but also success in 2017 to accomplish segwit adoption and implementation that is still being built today from a community of smart peeps.

Otherwise, I agree with you, that if satoshi were to come back into the bitcoin picture (which seems quite unlikely since he left over 8 years ago), then the most logical way to contribute to bitcoin would be to make a proposal through the BIP process, which seems quite alive in bitcoinlandia...

The bolded is patently false, there are forces that cannot be controlled.

AFA conjectures if the entity satoshi returns I would postulate it would be a relaunch of a different design.

In essence, I am a bit confused about what you are asserting, here.

Seems that the most logical explanation regarding Satoshi is that he disappeared on purpose.

Furthermore, consistent with him (or they or whatever the fuck) leaving "on purpose" is that there would need to be absolutely compelling tragedy circumstances in order for him or they or whatever the fuck to revisit a seemingly earlier sound (and seemingly foolproof) decision and to come out of the closet.  In other words, the world and/or bitcoin better be the fuck on fire for such a justification, and neither the world nor bitcoin is anywhere near such compelling circumstances... and along those same lines of reasoning, there is absolutely nothing wrong with bitcoin and/or its progression (from a likely satoshi point of view), and if you really ponder the current circumstances of our bitcoin matter, it seems to be quite likely that bitcoin is progressing beyond (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) expectations (or at least within the parameters of "best case scenarios").

In other words, your response to my earlier comment seems to come off with a suggestion that any current satoshi thinking would more easily consider intervention into bitcoin based on a kind of ongoing concern about the level of brokenness of bitcoin than seems to be reasonably and logically inferable from actual facts and the current success level of bitcoin.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11969

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:40:58 PM

Which is one very good reason why I don't think it'll happen.

I think it might be more like 2 (imo), come together see who we been talking to and stuff...
Something Nice but still where one and other can hear each other....
Also we Will be from different ages so imo something quiet 1-2-3 days or something like a weekend would be perfect, everybody has his place to sleep and stay as he wishes and just knows the place where we can meet hang out, who decides to go and party @night is there own dowing and NP with me, but like me and LFC we just meet @ a place with commen interest, but didn’t crushed the night we have had a few beers and sangria but we where no animals Roll Eyes also cause a little sunburn and stuff (the guy was in the burning sun for 8hours straight or something with his lovely GF)
I was 3 hours or something and even had a minor burn........
I do think when the time is there one member (BoB or somebody) has to send 30-40 WO members a PM using privenote or whatever with a request for destination (or 2 choices) the one thats been chosen most = where we go.... Then how it Will look is a surprise and I think with a group as we are, the price Will be very OK and not to crazy like with 100-200K we can have a Nice location just to sit, chill, relax, drink something and meet and stuff.... its not like Beyoncé has to come and sing or Some actors have to keep us busy and need to be hired ?? Roll Eyes

Then again we still ad almost 10% of the meet up “goal”

Also we have to think about every contributing WO’r and the meet up must be reasonable to go to for every WO’r....
Also like a majority has chosen a place a would think we just have to agree with that Smiley
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:43:23 PM

Agreed. And in the spirit of Craig I would fork the party and have a protest one outside the venue on plastic chairs serving mayonnaise sandwiches and out of date cans of beer.
That sounds a lot more relaxing, actually. Personally I don't intend on throwing gobs of money away just because I have them, they need to last. Don't wanna ever have to worry about something as slavish as a job ever again.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11969

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:44:06 PM

Just read the last things Maybe BoB and Toxic should team UP

He has the right mind for it Smiley
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 07:44:38 PM

F*ck you made my day! This is freaking hilarious!  Grin Grin Grin
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:46:05 PM

these days Amsterdam is full of tourists and tacky as hell.

Went to Holland a lot, same though went off Dam.

We found an awesome place called Haarlem.

Back to super cool.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:49:16 PM

Definitely not the States or Middle/South America or Africa or Asia or Russia or the Stans.

So Europe. Suggest mainland rather than an island for those who, for whatever reason, prefer not to fly and like the ability to leave at any time without anyone else's permission.

Portugal hasn't been mentioned, though it has stunning beaches, legal Jah Weed, and is used to visitors.

I'm okay with any first world location. Somewhere near beaches or other tourist attractions (i.e. Paris) preferred.

I think you "anywhere but the US" guys are a little optimistic about the situation in most EU countries. Whatever you're afraid of the US government about, the EU is just as bad - a little better in some aspects, and a little worse in others.
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:50:18 PM

But why would you want to wait for the 100k party to meet and drink some beers? Just like Mic and LFC did recently? We can do it any time: tomorrow, in a week, next month etc etc

What makes a difference is most of wo members getting filthy rich and celebrating this fact. That's the whole reason behind the 100k party.  Cool

I guess you have a point.

I just realized I am not going to be rich enough for the $100k party even when BTC hits $100k. Thanks for making me realize.  Grin

Thinking about getting in XMR to make 2x, what do you say globbo?

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRBTC/gZoLhKtd-Monero/

The chart looks OK. (not that OK, but I don't think this is going lower forever) Then maybe I can afford the party.  Grin

I continue to hold my balls.

I may be the poor one at the 100k party,

A drink sir?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:55:24 PM

so they did what could be labeled as  a "reverseMtGox" stunt?   Cheesy

Whoaza!!!

600Watt.  Thought that you fell off of the face of the bitcoin earth.  What have you been doing?  Ignoring Bitcoin?

hehe, sort of did I guess. I just came back to tell you guys that bear market is over.  Kiss

price was around $3500 on stamp when i came back to bitcointalk after a 10month break. unfortunately I did not listen to my own words and kept a 1/3 of my powder dry for that "dip to $1000". had to buy back all the way up to 7k region because of denial/stupidity/awe/"big retrace coming"/6k mother-of-all-resistance crap.

Holy fucking shit!!!!!!

For as much of a bitcoin maximalist that you present yourself as, preserving 1/3 of your stash at those sub $4k prices seems to have been too much (and the actual play out of the BTC price dynamics seems to have shown that). 

I can sympathize to some extent because who the fuck knows, but at the same time, when any of us make those kinds of mistakes, then hopefully we can learn from those kinds of mistakes to make improvements in our actual practices.

By the way, even though my above comments likely come off as kind of harsh, we are sharing information in a public thread, and surely sometimes we are likely to share "real" facts that make us vulnerable to public criticisms and it takes a decent amount of courage to make such admissions.

Personally, I have some difficulties sharing some of my mistakes in regards to my early 2017 hacking circumstances, but I think that some of my reluctance is largely motivated by Opsec concerns rather than admitting ways that I made mistakes and lost bitcoin in the process of the bullshit jeopardy position that I had put my coins in by what retrospectively appears to have been my lackadaisical way of securing some of my personal information, including my phone line(s), email addresses, and even some of the my failures to adequately investigate into advantages and disadvantages of 2-factor authentication tools.
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:55:43 PM

Definitely not the States or Middle/South America or Africa or Asia or Russia or the Stans.

So Europe. Suggest mainland rather than an island for those who, for whatever reason, prefer not to fly and like the ability to leave at any time without anyone else's permission.

Portugal hasn't been mentioned, though it has stunning beaches, legal Jah Weed, and is used to visitors.

I'm okay with any first world location. Somewhere near beaches or other tourist attractions (i.e. Paris) preferred.

I think you "anywhere but the US" guys are a little optimistic about the situation in most EU countries. Whatever you're afraid of the US government about, the EU is just as bad - a little better in some aspects, and a little worse in others.

We would all have to ask to be allowed in
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:56:15 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2019, 08:07:04 PM by kenzawak
Merited by jbreher (1)

Need two parties then:
-Extroverts
-Introverts

Three actually.
We need one more used as a diversion : guests will be roach, gembitz, alevlaslo, dig bicks, rebal, jonoiv... let them be tortured and shit. A big thank you to them for allowing us to feel safer.

More seriously, I'd prefer the more quiet type of party, no need for the extravaganza. Since we don't really know each others, we might not all have the same moral limits. There might be priests, law enforcement officers, former addicts or even vegetarians among us.

So I'm thinking of a private villa in a place where partying is everywhere so that the ones who haven't had enough can keep going after and do whatever they want on their own.
Me, I'm fine with just meeting each others and hanging out in a cool relaxing place for a couple of days.
gappie

Activity: 65
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:56:21 PM

Would this 100k party be open to anyone willing to pay the attendance fee? Can we prevent access to certain people not meeting a certain criteria? We don't want shitcoiners or who knows some undercover marketers attending.
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 07:56:26 PM

Dude says $50k/head for a party.

LoL $20k managable but still too much.

I have several requirements..its a distinct fact that many will not agree to such terms.

1- It has to be in a private venue. I do not want to be disturbed.
2- We must have full catering and open wet bar. I dont know about you but I like to eat and drink when I party.
3- There must be a band. At the very least a kick ass DJ.
4- It will be a 21 and over event. Period.
5- Must have a smoking area.
6- Sleeping quarters attached or near by.

Other than those things it can be as simple or elaborate as we desire.

I will forewarn you all however, I have had years of practice at partying and I am pretty damn good at it if I do say so myself. So prepare thyselves.   Grin

+1 WOsMerit

Agreed! And #7: sluts and blow
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2407

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:59:19 PM

Would this 100k party be open to anyone willing to pay the attendance fee? Can we prevent access to certain people not meeting a certain criteria? We don't want shitcoiners or who knows some undercover marketers attending.

If there is one thing I know about the party, It is that people with no hats ain't coming. That's what I am sure of.

No offense.

(my hat is being cleaned)

btw: 4999th post  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 23777 23778 23779 23780 23781 23782 23783 23784 23785 23786 23787 23788 23789 23790 23791 23792 23793 23794 23795 23796 23797 23798 23799 23800 23801 23802 23803 23804 23805 23806 23807 23808 23809 23810 23811 23812 23813 23814 23815 23816 23817 23818 23819 23820 23821 23822 23823 23824 23825 23826 [23827] 23828 23829 23830 23831 23832 23833 23834 23835 23836 23837 23838 23839 23840 23841 23842 23843 23844 23845 23846 23847 23848 23849 23850 23851 23852 23853 23854 23855 23856 23857 23858 23859 23860 23861 23862 23863 23864 23865 23866 23867 23868 23869 23870 23871 23872 23873 23874 23875 23876 23877 ... 33284 »
  Print  

Jump to: