March 28, 2024, 06:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 24053 24054 24055 24056 24057 24058 24059 24060 24061 24062 [24063] 24064 24065 24066 24067 24068 24069 24070 24071 24072 24073 24074 24075 24076 24077 24078 24079 24080 24081 24082 24083 24084 24085 24086 24087 24088 24089 24090 24091 24092 24093 24094 24095 24096 24097 24098 24099 24100 24101 24102 24103 24104 24105 24106 24107 24108 24109 24110 24111 24112 24113 ... 33203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336577 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:12:12 PM

1 BTC =
* by reading this post the permission of further design updates will be granted

Finally!!!!!!!

Where you been Gysur?

WO peeps have been so worried and lost without your updates, and not knowing whether roach was going to end up being correct or not.. or if we would have to petition for the return of Chartbuddy.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit: 

Yeah, and I see you almost got displaced by lambo/btc valuations.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:14:56 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Girlfriend is away
Time to buy cheese ham waffles
Mmm... Alone time rules.

You need to go hang with the goose, his lady is in Vegas on work for a few weeks.

The adventures of nutildah & micman - HANGOVER 4

Cheesy

I didn't know you had a tattoo?

Fuck me either!

Who, me?

I’m covered in tattoos amigo.

Its a quote from your imaginary movie.

ps me too (mostly Japanese)
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 4056

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:17:30 PM

1 BTC/Lambo is so far anymore. Maybe Christmas? Or I wish too much?
Too much wish. I would like a slow and steady ride.

Christmas, no chance. 1BTC = 1 Lambo a few years away imo.

Let's just say hypothetically that a WO guy or gal (the one in here) were to be inclined to purchase a brand new Lambo with 1BTC, once Lambos were within that price range - or bitcoins were within that level of price appreciation.

How many BTC would you say would be prudent to be in that person's BTC holdings or the level of that person's wealth, more or less, to make it prudent to use one BTC on a lambo?   Perhaps the equivalency of at least 10 BTC?   If you have the wealth equivalency of 10BTC when a Lambo is worth 1 BTC, then you can prudently afford a lambo, in my level of thinking about prudence.  

Of course, other guys and gal might come to a different conclusion than me, and be willing to allocate their value towards a lambo with much less of a value cushion.  Personally, I think it would be somewhat reckless to have less than 5 BTC of value and to apportion 1 BTC towards a lambo.. but, hey that's me.

Your analysis sounds quite reasonable to me, provided one really, really wants a Lambo (as in "my dream is to own a Lambo"). I never liked sports cars, so no Lambo for me... But a Tesla? Yes! And cheaper, too.

In any case, I'd suggest that spending BTC should be carefully thought out, and must commence when one reaches his/her target wealth. Any earlier use of BTC for purchasing stuff will only delay the attainment of said target. The earlier you spend BTC, the later you'll reach your target.

Good things come to those who wait.
HoDL.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2538

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 03:18:14 PM

Major Crypto Exchange Bitfinex to Briefly Go Offline for Upgrade Next Week

Per the announcement, the exchange will go offline for up to seven hours to carry out system upgrades on June 26. The post further specifies that Bitfinex’s hybrid counterpart Ethfinex will also close for maintenance at the same time.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-crypto-exchange-bitfinex-to-briefly-go-offline-for-upgrade-next-week
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:19:13 PM

And then I Immediately hit a JJG post. Smiley

SHIT!

Yeah... who needs that? 

Why don't you just skim those damned "JJG posts"?

Your glasses are not pink enough!!! Cheesy Cheesy Tongue

Welcome back from your hiatus.

Looking forward to the return of attempting to read your stream of consciousness, half-baked, quasi-incoherent, but mostly bullish posts on a more regular.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:25:30 PM

Meanwhile, Bel Air mansion could easily become a venue for the 100k party. Who needs Vegas when you have this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-expensive-lease-los-angeles-mansion-for-rent-price-photos-2019-6

Fill it up with booze, hoes and blow and it's ready for the ultimate party!  Cool

Champaigne pinball machine looks cool too Grin

$1.5m per month but I guess we could negotiate and rent it for 1-2 nights...  Grin

This is what you want to rent for a month.

https://tix.newportmansions.org/ecommerce/inc/breakers.html

I wouldn't pay 100k $100 to go to a party with you freaks.
Whoazzzzzaaaa!!!!!  Shocked Shocked  We got a BIG spender, here.  

Birr Got massivly hosed by MyMonero.com so I can empathize with not wanting to celebrate other people being stinking rich when you got fuked out of that group.

That's an enlightening new perspective on the incel phenomenon.

I had to google "incel", I guess I am out of social media shit by a pretty wide margin, So trans gender bathrooms are no longer the wacko rage?

SHIT!

Yeah... who needs that?  

It's a must these days! I remember back in the day when you could actually read a JJG post catch up with the thread and sneak 8 hours of sleep in! Tongue

Well, got company and have to get something done today. L8rs all. Smiley
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:26:37 PM

1 more day till my first month of Keto is complete 16 3 to 14 7 so far, so good.

I did it before for like a month or two.  I'm not fat but just did it to see how low of body fat I could get.  It works, but it's completely pointless.  Your body identifies the condition as a sort of starvation mode, so the second you stop it immediately hoards all the carbs and stuff it can get.  In other words, keto is the most pointless yoyo diet on the entire planet unless your name is Sylvester Stallone and you need to temporarily have 4% body fat for the movie Rambo II.

In the movie I think he said he had zero energy and felt like he was going to die the entire time.  If you want to actually get into shape, you need to change your diet permanently and not do a yoyo diet, and also cardio exercise.  For people that don't want to or can't run, if you're rich, buy a swimming pool and elliptical machine, if you're not, buy an elliptical machine.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:50:03 PM

What impress me is that, even with bitcoin recovery fulfilling itself, and the return to the previous ATH being possible right now, we still have nocoiners bashing bitcoin, saying it dont have any use because they cant buy bread with it. I dont know why I still get angry with this kind of people, but it seems hard to avoid them.

At gyft.com you can convert Bitcoin to electronic gift cards1 with which you can purchase bread (or pretty much any other common need).

1This is not intended as an endorsement of Gyft.

I get your point that if you want to spend your bitcoins, there are ways to accomplish such spending goals. 

Be we all know that there is no immediate need to spend your bitcoins, unless you know that you are dying in a short period of time and you would rather spend them while you are living rather than leaving them to heirs. 

Otherwise, there will likely be more spending friendly regulations and means to spend your bitcoins in a few years.... to the extent that you might want to start spending them in the near future.

With the reduction in services of Localbitcoins, I am still hoping that in the near future, some like services are going to evolve.  One thing that was nice about local bitcoins was that anywhere in the world you could find someone who would be willing to trade bitcoins - of course, BIGGER cities offered more advertisers.. but at least there were means for peer to peer exchanging of bitcoins and cash.
VanguardVale

Activity: 66
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:54:29 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2019, 01:50:04 AM by VanguardVale
Merited by El duderino_ (1)

Bitcoin is just 25% in the current bull cycle until the price of bitcoin hits its next peak, the cryptocurrency still has a lot of room for growth. However, there will be a resistance at $11,700 as the price of bitcoin tends to rally for five weeks before hitting the breaks. The current rally is supported by both fundamental and technical factors, and there is enough evidence to suggest that the huge price targets being doled out by bulls are more than just wild fantasies.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1535

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:59:35 PM

I'll be 46... in two years.

I’ll be 35... in two years Cheesy

And I will be 39.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:01:46 PM

Let's just say hypothetically that a WO guy or gal (the one in here) were to be inclined to purchase a brand new Lambo with 1BTC, once Lambos were within that price range - or bitcoins were within that level of price appreciation.

How many BTC would you say would be prudent to be in that person's BTC holdings or the level of that person's wealth, more or less, to make it prudent to use one BTC on a lambo?   Perhaps the equivalency of at least 10 BTC?   If you have the wealth equivalency of 10BTC when a Lambo is worth 1 BTC, then you can prudently afford a lambo, in my level of thinking about prudence.  

Of course, other guys and gal might come to a different conclusion than me, and be willing to allocate their value towards a lambo with much less of a value cushion.  Personally, I think it would be somewhat reckless to have less than 5 BTC of value and to apportion 1 BTC towards a lambo.. but, hey that's me.

It’s too much money unless we end up with a situation where 1BTC or 2BTC = a Lambo then you can probably leave me out.
I can afford to buy a couple right now & have a good stash still left but fuck that.

I’m not spending a sizeable amount of my stash on a fucking car, man.

Big, massive house & multiple apartments to rent out - yes.
Car - No

Never spend huge amounts of corn on anything unless it’s something that increases in fiat value. New cars are one of the worst investments.

Yeah, but get real LFC.

I understand that you are still in a kind of scarcity mindset, but once you reach filthy rich status, then at that point you have so much excess wealth that you will likely become less frugal than your current mind-set will allow.  I already can see from your posts that you do not have a warren buffet mindset.  You are not going to be eating at McDonalds and driving 15 year old cars once you reach filth rich status.

Furthermore, I appreciate that your threshold for spending money on a lambo is decently high, and probably in a similar arena as mine, even though I do kind of like cars.. not as much as hookers, but still... I can appreciate a nice car.

so yeah, perhaps there are some WO peeps who might go so low as 1/5 ratio and willing to spend their BTC on a lambo, and I am more likely in the 1/300 ratio.. but you might be in the 1/1000 ratio...   Part of my point, is that there would be a threshold in which extravagance is part of the mix... including flashy cars, such as a lambo.  Yeah the hookers and blow might have a lower threshold, but those ones were not really part of my hypothetical question.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:12:23 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Good afternoon beautiful peoples. Btc pump and backlog increase here.

Finally 5 figure, for some of us it's psychological mark. Hopefully 15k will cross soon. Congrats to those who were buying religiously when it was around $3100 - $8000. I congrats myself Shamelessly Cheesy

Happy weekend and it's great time to have some sin, so go on lads  Smiley

I am going to show excitement again once we hit $20k mark and I hope it will be very soon 😜
I will try to be humble and compose,  when it touches 20k, 30k, 50k mark.  Undecided

Try if you must.    

But may or may not be necessary to try to be humble and composed to the extent that you really acquire "fuck you" money status... YMMV.   Wink Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am not going to comment on your diplomatic response but would love to pick your and vapourminer's brain sometime, if we ever get to chance to meet with each other in real life. already dodged a one philosophical debate with both of you guys Cheesy ( due to lack of time)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:15:44 PM

Spending 1 BTC on a lambo when you have 10, it's still as dumb as it gets. You are putting 10% of your wealth on a god damn car, which will not stop there because those cars are high maintenance. So you better be making at least 10k a year only reserved for the car.

If you had 20.. then maybe, and it couldn't be one of the brand new ones, should be something more modest like an used Gallardo which goes for around 90k.

You'll also have to deal with taxes, because you can't buy a car or a house without getting taxed the fuck out, which means having to report where every single satoshi comes from, which is a nightmare within itself. I have for instance payments from signature campaigns from years ago which im not sure how I should exactly prove they come from there as the websites don't exist anymore (Coinut for instance, used to pay you on their website, and I didn't took any screenshots of the payments or anything... so you tell me). Then there's the forks nightmare, then there's the trading which occurred on exchanges which no longer exist nightmare... and so follows. Those are just motivations to hodl the thing, I don't even want to think about any of that. Im hoping there's some sort of amnesty at some point and we are allowed to sell without having to deliver all those details from ages ago which nobody has kept track of 100%.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:17:29 PM

Your analysis sounds quite reasonable to me, provided one really, really wants a Lambo (as in "my dream is to own a Lambo"). I never liked sports cars, so no Lambo for me... But a Tesla? Yes! And cheaper, too.

In any case, I'd suggest that spending BTC should be carefully thought out, and must commence when one reaches his/her target wealth. Any earlier use of BTC for purchasing stuff will only delay the attainment of said target. The earlier you spend BTC, the later you'll reach your target.

Good things come to those who wait.
HoDL.

Fair enough regarding the differing purchase preferences.

Also, fair enough regarding what wealth thresholds are preferable to be met prior to going on any kind of spending spree.

Surely, with bitcoin's volatility, each of us would need to be careful regarding going into "fuck you" status too early.  So we should make sure that we have our bases cover first before we start burning too many bridges in terms of our historical ways that we had been able to make money, presumptively through work.

No matter what these contemplations should not necessarily be framed in terms of all or nothing thinking, because even though there are no certainties in bitcoin, we could still frame our BTC wealth in a kind of minimum expected rate of return.  Currently, my thinking is that I can presume that I will not ever have to cash out my BTC below $5k (even though that is not a 100% certainty, it currently remains a base in which I am willing to consider myself  likely BTC value and returns over the years to come). 

Guys and gal are going to come to differing conclusions about what is their base value and whether they can start to spend some of their value or at least begin to increase their lifestyle a little.  So instead of buying 10 year old cars, start buying 3 year old cars and things like that.  After a while, there will be weekly steak dinners or some other previously conceived extravagances that are happening on the more regular as the wealth increases or at least getting towards the goal becomes closer and closer and even perhaps reached prior to actually meeting the threshold amount.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is likely no real black and white, even though I understand the idea of threshold and attempting to make progress towards certain thresholds before getting too wild in terms of spending... so surely we are on a similar page, there.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:17:37 PM

Thanks for making me feel less old Smiley

I'm a sucker for cars, already have too many cars, but I'm a sucker for those older 15+ year old cars..
If it don't have a real throttle cable then nah.. And now your talking cars without real brakes and even without real steering.. I'm good on that, you can have it..

I doubt I'll ever buy a lambo but would be much more likely to buy a broken one to work on and be rightside up on..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:22:49 PM

SHIT!

Yeah... who needs that?  

It's a must these days! I remember back in the day when you could actually read a JJG post catch up with the thread and sneak 8 hours of sleep in! Tongue

Sorry to hear that matters have been deteriorating regarding catchingupability.  Sucks!!!!!  Whatchyagonnaduuuu?
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:25:05 PM

You'll also have to deal with taxes

I paid taxes on what I sold in 2017..
I told H&R block that I got them at a 0 zero cost basis and I've had them for more than a year, the truth, and they gave me audit insurance on it so if the IRS wants to question it H&R block can pay for it and deal with it..

It kinda drew attention in there and their were 3 of em with me when I warned them that if it's wrong they are going to have to deal with like 3 million transactions..
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:27:16 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

Day two at MoneroKon in Denver. Interesting intercontinental panel discussion on regulation.

Sarang Noether, Jerry Brito, and Eric Voorhees here in Denver, and Amber Baldet, Jack Gavigan, and Peter van Valkenburgh at Zcon1 in Croatia.

Interesting thinking through governmental regulation from a privacy coin viewpoint.

JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:27:32 PM

Your welcome Ed Cheesy

there is always someone Cheesy bigger stash, bigger problem-interesting story and in this case age  Grin . In the end life moves on.

We do have couple of dudes in their late-early 20s here, if i am not wrong.  btw we have 2 eddie as well in WO?
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2538

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 04:49:51 PM

Two weekends in a row $BTC has had explosive moves higher.

@CryptoHayes appropriately calls the weekend the "kill zone" for those holding short positions on the CME over the weekend while trading is closed.

Worth watching whether bears will be #RektOnOpen 3 weekends in a row.

https://twitter.com/VentureCoinist/status/1142821671943966720
Pages: « 1 ... 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 24053 24054 24055 24056 24057 24058 24059 24060 24061 24062 [24063] 24064 24065 24066 24067 24068 24069 24070 24071 24072 24073 24074 24075 24076 24077 24078 24079 24080 24081 24082 24083 24084 24085 24086 24087 24088 24089 24090 24091 24092 24093 24094 24095 24096 24097 24098 24099 24100 24101 24102 24103 24104 24105 24106 24107 24108 24109 24110 24111 24112 24113 ... 33203 »
  Print  

Jump to: