April 19, 2024, 06:53:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24192 24193 24194 24195 24196 24197 24198 24199 24200 24201 24202 24203 24204 24205 24206 24207 24208 24209 24210 24211 24212 24213 24214 24215 24216 24217 24218 24219 24220 24221 24222 24223 24224 24225 24226 24227 24228 24229 24230 24231 24232 24233 24234 24235 24236 24237 24238 24239 24240 24241 [24242] 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 24266 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 24292 ... 33278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364045 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:12:44 PM

AYH by the end of tomorrow please.
    It would be nice if the price of BTC got all the way up to 20,000 USD by tomorrow. However, I am almost positive with such a rapid rise, we would have a very deep correction, since many people caught in the December 2017 parabolic rise would love to unload and be done with BTC.

I agree with the first part of your thesis, bones, including that going straight up to $20k might be a bit unsettling to the price and even difficult to sustain in any kind of meaningful way...

--------------

Yep, said better than I could say.

--------------

but I think that my reasons differ from yours... including that such an upwards price move to $20k would be too soon and too fast...

-----------

Ditto, would like it to plug to say 20k over a period of saying at LEAST 6-9 months, so folk could get used to the idea.

Don't get me wrong.  I would not be suggesting that any kind of BTC price stability would likely in the $17,500 to $24k arena, unless the BTC price were to bounce quite above that range first before coming back down.

On the other hand, we could bounce up to $20k in a relatively short period of time and then correct back down to our current price or some kind of reasonable (or not reasonable) range of our current price, give or take a few thousand dollars.

Also, kinda want to see the effect on markets of HODL'ers that run big Litecoin Operations, without a 'carry along' with the price on LTC after the halving in less than a month, that could act as a 'brake' IMHO, on Bitcoin HODL and Bitcoin Price as they have to 'redress' such if it stays flat or goes south in price. I would guess a majority of these miners are converting to Bitcoin as well.

Or, hell, it was what I used to do and what I remember from the last LTC halving, all sorts of scrambling..(currently not mining any scrypt-pow of any flavor)

I don't find it too productive to be spending too much brain power to attempt to make correlations between shitcoins and BTC price performance, including shitcoin LTC... Doesn't really matter too much about what the tail does, let's try to focus on the dog.

Similarly with  other shitcoins, sure sometimes the tail might get caught in a door or maybe it gets pulled or wagged by some other entity, but for the most part, considering other "dog" factors will remain much more important than attempting to monitor and/or attribute some causation based on tail dynamics.

------------

I kind of agree with serveria, though, that a lot of the weak hands have likely been shaken and they are not going to have too much of an impact.. In other words, FOMO is going to outweigh whatever easily dumping.. while at the same time there is going to continue to be a decent amount of institutional money that is secretly (or perhaps not so secretly) trying to get in on this bullrun and even engaging in some front running attempts on the price  - including already starting to realize about a kind of inevitable upwards price dynamic that is caused by halvening.    

Unsure that I agree with above completely, but would prefer your above 'scenario' even if modest...big FOMO, IMHO, would be if the traditional markets start to get weak, if they themselves just carry on sideways in price, at their ATH, I just can't see enough FOMO for your plan. Ideally, I'm dead wrong, just saying that would get to the FOMO level you explain above, again, IMHO.

I think that I am describing a kind of phenomenon that could be taking place based on some current observations including the fact that more and more institutions are expressing greater and greater interest in bitcoin.  Surely, some of this perhaps clandestine interest of institutions could dry up and could also have some symbiotic affects on retail as well.. including a variety of normal joe blows that begin to believe that there might be some upwards price opportunities. 

Really I could give few shits about the specifics because we should be willing and able to continue to monitor a situation that seems to be evolving that seems to involve more and more players with more money that they might be ready, willing and able to put some of their value into bitcoin which can cause snowballing effects upon others, including folks who already own bitcoin but start to believe that they might want to grab a bit of a higher stake, too.  Of course, some of the buying/selling dynamics could change at any time and momentum could even dry up.... or even move towards downwards for a period of time. I am surely not wedded to the continuation of some kind of dynamic that seems to be evolving.. but also seems to be bullish for as long as it does continue to play this way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11960

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:12:49 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), bones261 (2)

We need more rockets, trains, moons, astronauts and bulls!  Grin  Post dem memes gentlemen!  Grin

serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 09:25:30 PM

We need more rockets, trains, moons, astronauts and bulls!  Grin  Post dem memes gentlemen!  Grin

Some actual footage from the 100k party?  Grin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:36:11 PM

It would be nice if the price of BTC got all the way up to 20,000 USD by tomorrow. However, I am almost positive with such a rapid rise, we would have a very deep correction, since many people caught in the December 2017 parabolic rise would love to unload and be done with BTC.

I agree with the first part of your thesis, bones, including that going straight up to $20k might be a bit unsettling to the price and even difficult to sustain in any kind of meaningful way...

--------------

--------------

but I think that my reasons differ from yours... including that such an upwards price move to $20k would be too soon and too fast...

-----------

Ditto, would like it to plug to say 20k over a period of saying at LEAST 6-9 months, so folk could get used to the idea.

Don't get me wrong.  I would not be suggesting that any kind of BTC price stability would likely in the $17,500 to $24k arena, unless the BTC price were to bounce quite above that range first before coming back down.

On the other hand, we could bounce up to $20k in a relatively short period of time and then correct back down to our current price or some kind of reasonable (or not reasonable) range of our current price, give or take a few thousand dollars.

Also, kinda want to see the effect on markets of HODL'ers that run big Litecoin Operations, without a 'carry along' with the price on LTC after the halving in less than a month, that could act as a 'brake' IMHO, on Bitcoin HODL and Bitcoin Price as they have to 'redress' such if it stays flat or goes south in price. I would guess a majority of these miners are converting to Bitcoin as well.

Or, hell, it was what I used to do and what I remember from the last LTC halving, all sorts of scrambling..(currently not mining any scrypt-pow of any flavor)

I don't find it too productive to be spending too much brain power to attempt to make correlations between shitcoins and BTC price performance, including shitcoin LTC... Doesn't really matter too much about what the tail does, let's try to focus on the dog.

Similarly with  other shitcoins, sure sometimes the tail might get caught in a door or maybe it gets pulled or wagged by some other entity, but for the most part, considering other "dog" factors will remain much more important than attempting to monitor and/or attribute some causation based on tail dynamics.

------------

I kind of agree with serveria, though, that a lot of the weak hands have likely been shaken and they are not going to have too much of an impact.. In other words, FOMO is going to outweigh whatever easily dumping.. while at the same time there is going to continue to be a decent amount of institutional money that is secretly (or perhaps not so secretly) trying to get in on this bullrun and even engaging in some front running attempts on the price  - including already starting to realize about a kind of inevitable upwards price dynamic that is caused by halvening.    

Unsure that I agree with above completely, but would prefer your above 'scenario' even if modest...big FOMO, IMHO, would be if the traditional markets start to get weak, if they themselves just carry on sideways in price, at their ATH, I just can't see enough FOMO for your plan. Ideally, I'm dead wrong, just saying that would get to the FOMO level you explain above, again, IMHO.

I think that I am describing a kind of phenomenon that could be taking place based on some current observations including the fact that more and more institutions are expressing greater and greater interest in bitcoin.  Surely, some of this perhaps clandestine interest of institutions could dry up and could also have some symbiotic affects on retail as well.. including a variety of normal joe blows that begin to believe that there might be some upwards price opportunities.  

Really I could give few shits about the specifics because we should be willing and able to continue to monitor a situation that seems to be evolving that seems to involve more and more players with more money that they might be ready, willing and able to put some of their value into bitcoin which can cause snowballing effects upon others, including folks who already own bitcoin but start to believe that they might want to grab a bit of a higher stake, too.  Of course, some of the buying/selling dynamics could change at any time and momentum could even dry up.... or even move towards downwards for a period of time. I am surely not wedded to the continuation of some kind of dynamic that seems to be evolving.. but also seems to be bullish for as long as it does continue to play this way.

Yeah, my only point on altcoin miners is MOST buy or HODL bitcoin, depending on how they are doing. Thus the Litecoin halving and/or the 'supposed' altcoin catch up in price and

some other stuff, COULD effect them HODL'ing and or DUMPING BTC for bills/expenses etc.

to keep their equipment and data hall stuff in play, till the next altcoin revival or depending on how they play this HODL Bitcoin. MOST miners I know dabble about 50/50 alts and

Bitcoin, as per ASIC equipment now. Thus, it is a big deal, if they have bills to pay, data halls to pay off, etc, etc. To BTC price with a quick dump.

Perhaps that means a 'dip' and buying for BTC. Just saying, there would be an effect, IMHO.

Anyway, from the usual grumbling I hear of being a miner of any manner anymore is hard as hell.

Supposedly, anyway, from my generic contacts on how altcoin mining plays into BTC. Indeed, all my HODL is from altcoin mining. Just saying, seems similar to stuff in the past.

I had to deal with on what to mine and what to HODL to keep the doors open on the mining operations.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:57:56 PM

What are your music choices to play when Bitcoin Pumps?

Put your choices here, via youtube or whatever so we can have a selection of BTC pump/FOMO music to choose from!

Seems to be the time to 'crank up the FOMO/PUMP/HODL music choices again for me. (see choice below) Smiley

Thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5157131.new#new

--------------------------------------
Secret Agent Man is my choice of song. The lyrics seem to sum up the life of danger for those of us in Bitcoin and Crypto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ0ntpSx2Y

For fun, post your HODL/FOMO/PUMP music you listen to on the thread above.

later

Brad
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:00:13 PM

Thousand dollar daily dildo.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 10:01:12 PM

What are your music choices to play when Bitcoin Pumps?

Put your choices here, via youtube or whatever so we can have a selection of BTC pump/FOMO music to choose from!

Seems to be the time to 'crank up the FOMO/PUMP/HODL music choices again for me. (see choice below) Smiley

Thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5157131.new#new

--------------------------------------
Secret Agent Man is my choice of song. The lyrics seem to sum up the life of danger for those of us in Bitcoin and Crypto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ0ntpSx2Y

For fun, post your HODL/FOMO/PUMP music you listen to on the thread above.

later

Brad

This: https://youtu.be/ZaI2IlHwmgQ  on 100% volume  Grin Grin Grin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:01:50 PM

Thousand dollar daily dildo.

yep, just reading the above I got a bit of a 'tiny' Bitcoin 'woody' Smiley

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:03:07 PM

--------------

--------------

-----------

Don't get me wrong.  I would not be suggesting that any kind of BTC price stability would likely in the $17,500 to $24k arena, unless the BTC price were to bounce quite above that range first before coming back down.

Similarly with  other shitcoins, sure sometimes the tail might get caught in a door or maybe it gets pulled or wagged by some other entity, but for the most part, considering other "dog" factors will remain much more important than attempting to monitor and/or attribute some causation based on tail dynamics.

------------

I think that I am describing a kind of phenomenon that could be taking place based on some current observations including the fact that more and more institutions are expressing greater and greater interest in bitcoin.  Surely, some of this perhaps clandestine interest of institutions could dry up and could also have some symbiotic affects on retail as well.. including a variety of normal joe blows that begin to believe that there might be some upwards price opportunities.  

Really I could give few shits about the specifics because we should be willing and able to continue to monitor a situation that seems to be evolving that seems to involve more and more players with more money that they might be ready, willing and able to put some of their value into bitcoin which can cause snowballing effects upon others, including folks who already own bitcoin but start to believe that they might want to grab a bit of a higher stake, too.  Of course, some of the buying/selling dynamics could change at any time and momentum could even dry up.... or even move towards downwards for a period of time. I am surely not wedded to the continuation of some kind of dynamic that seems to be evolving.. but also seems to be bullish for as long as it does continue to play this way.

Yeah, my only point on altcoin miners is MOST buy or HODL bitcoin, depending on how they are doing. Thus the Litecoin halving and/or the 'supposed' altcoin catch up in price and

some other stuff, COULD effect them HODL'ing and or DUMPING BTC for bills/expenses etc.

to keep their equipment and data hall stuff in play, till the next altcoin revival or depending on how they play this HODL Bitcoin. MOST miners I know dabble about 50/50 alts and

Bitcoin, as per ASIC equipment now. Thus, it is a big deal, if they have bills to pay, data halls to pay off, etc, etc. To BTC price with a quick dump.

Perhaps that means a 'dip' and buying for BTC. Just saying, there would be an effect, IMHO.

Anyway, from the usual grumbling I hear of being a miner of any manner anymore is hard as hell.

Supposedly, anyway, from my generic contacts on how altcoin mining plays into BTC. Indeed, all my HODL is from altcoin mining. Just saying, seems similar to stuff in the past.

I had to deal with on what to mine and what to HODL to keep the doors open on the mining operations.

Sure from a miners perspective, on a micro level, these kinds of thoughts will need to be entertained, but in the whole scheme of things, I doubt that miners selling BTC or LTC or a combination due to the LTC halvening would be a factor that is much more than a blip on BTC's radar.  There are bigger factors and BIGGER fish for BTC to fry, in my humble bumble opinion.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:06:27 PM

Time to go in the old nest to PUMPsleep perhaps?
Will HODLsleep at the same time

Goodnight WO-brothers!!!
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:09:16 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 10:31:22 PM by Biodom

Last month does look similar to a 'reverse head and shoulders', which is quite bullish.
We shall see. It would probably surge once above 12500, hopefully.

The catch is, what do you look at for odds? (guesses?)

Who knows. Just using the same mental gymnastics I would use with a 'hot' bi-polar girlfriend.

When it is good it is very, very good!

When it is bad, it is very, very bad.

Trademark Bitcoin: 'Doing The Opposite Of What Everyone Expects Since 2009!

"Well, dude, we just don't know" (a quote from a famous movie)
Same with bipolarity.
in 2017 it always looked scary, but it went up 20X.
Who knew?
It is impossible to predict a top exactly OR it could be age-related.
it is tough to hodl in place when you are not a spring chicken anymore, "but try we must".
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:10:48 PM

--------------

--------------

-----------

------------

Sure from a miners perspective, on a micro level, these kinds of thoughts will need to be entertained, but in the whole scheme of things, I doubt that miners selling BTC or LTC or a combination due to the LTC halvening would be a factor that is much more than a blip on BTC's radar.  There are bigger factors and BIGGER fish for BTC to fry, in my humble bumble opinion.

yeah, I guess you are correct, what was the miners vs hold'ers of 2013/14/15 to the amount of BTC miners now is likely micro-economically speaking.

You'd not think so from the massive grumbling from miners and tariffs etc. Indeed, having a mixed room of farmers and miners and overhearing the conversations

in equipment depreciation and capital gains tax, etc. You'd not be able to tell them apart. But yeah, forgot the universe has gotten much bigger with BTC for this to matter much.

Brad
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:15:16 PM

Nice bag, is it a real photo?? Cheesy
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 10:26:21 PM

Looks like it this could be the bag https://www.ideanow.online/store/BITCOINS-Bag-p100718524
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:28:42 PM

Who are these dudes? Should I know them?

Or are they simply unlucky and getting laid off today as per today's news story. (see link below)

https://news.yahoo.com/deutsche-bank-axes-whole-teams-035923375.html

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:28:54 PM

On more serious matters, I'm starting to get really pissed off, with seed regulations, phytosanitary certificates, import permits, and motherfucking Greek customs.
All I wanted was Princess 77 Bermuda grass seeds ffs & it seems I'm losing this battle.

The dickheads now want an import permit to send the certificate (seeds already stuck in customs), which the customs will grant only when they actually have the certificate.
@%$^#&%&@%^ Sad

so you want to infect your island with non native grass DNA and you are bent that the authorities are giving it a good eyeball

hooooooookay

Huh?

I'm sorry but my island is already "infected" with Bermuda grass (your average lawn) - just not the sub-hybrid Princess 77 of the same family (less watering, less cutting).
All the Greek customs care about (fair enough) is that it doesn't contain any pests, that's why I chose a brand name & also why I need the phyto-certificate.
Which by the way I also paid - as instructed, 80 fucking $ - to have the sales supervisor (dickhead) cancel the whole thing because he had a last minute epiphany that I needed an import permit for that - which in reality is exactly vice versa - in order to get the import permit from the customs.

Dickheads are everywhere jojo, even in the US.
In other words, harmless lawn grass found planet-wide. Dickheads indeed. I tried to import live plants by mail order - a non-invasive species, by the way - and the customs gave me flaming hell. They held the stuff so long that when they eventually cleared it and I got the package, the stuff was dead and mushy.

Being just seeds, wouldn't it have been practical to just smuggle a few?
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:31:34 PM

$BTC will look to add on to longs with a break above $12.4k

longer view

I think this could be on the cards too

https://twitter.com/CryptoHornHairs/status/1148331593976700928
https://twitter.com/hellfishto/status/1148332811314765826

They looking good, always like those bullish charts, gonna make the HODLdream very sweet to enter Cheesy

fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 15341

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 10:32:29 PM

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1109168697250377728?s=20
#bitcoin RSI crossed 70 hurdle!

Stars are aligning for a very interesting halving season
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:33:10 PM

Who are these dudes? Should I know them?

Or are they simply unlucky and getting laid off today as per today's news story. (see link below)

https://news.yahoo.com/deutsche-bank-axes-whole-teams-035923375.html

Don't know him, but like his style DUDE Cheesy
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:37:05 PM

Looks photoshopped to me. especially the right hand and how he's holding the bag. Looks like glued onto his knuckles.
Zoom in, find out Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 24192 24193 24194 24195 24196 24197 24198 24199 24200 24201 24202 24203 24204 24205 24206 24207 24208 24209 24210 24211 24212 24213 24214 24215 24216 24217 24218 24219 24220 24221 24222 24223 24224 24225 24226 24227 24228 24229 24230 24231 24232 24233 24234 24235 24236 24237 24238 24239 24240 24241 [24242] 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 24266 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 24292 ... 33278 »
  Print  

Jump to: