April 24, 2024, 10:29:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24216 24217 24218 24219 24220 24221 24222 24223 24224 24225 24226 24227 24228 24229 24230 24231 24232 24233 24234 24235 24236 24237 24238 24239 24240 24241 24242 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 [24266] 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 24292 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 ... 33297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367133 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 09:38:00 PM
Merited by Biodom (1), LFC_Bitcoin (1), bitcoinPsycho (1), ssmc2 (1)

I am glad to see these small corrections on the way up.

Once the price doubles in a month we are weeks away from the end of the bull run. It almost did that already going up from $7500 to $13,880. For the next week or so $16k would be the doubling.

The longer we avoid doubling in a month the longer the bull run. Let it grow slowly for the next year. Then double when we hit $100k and sit back and watch the fireworks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 09:40:05 PM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Damn r0ach the woman ain’t coocking today  Undecided  Undecided

Scallops uh? And white wine. Looks yummy. But cryptoqueeen?? A salad with fizzy red wine? Oh noes. I'll go out on a limb and guess it's sweet, even  Roll Eyes

The Good: Cryptoqueen
The Bad: all that salad on Cryptoqueen lobster
The Ugly: that fizzy wine in that glass.

This was below your standard Mic!

I am going to stand up here and defend sparkling rose.  She can drink whatever the hell she likes.  

Wine is whatever tastes good and makes you happy.  Don’t be sucked in by the bullshit marketing in the wine industry.

Of course she can drink whatever she likes.
Just a friendly reminder that probably that lambrusco is exactly the result of bullshit marketing in the wine industry because, to use Mic words, its the "Cheap BBQ wine" in italy, and it is sold in brick on the lower shelves of the italian supermarkets.

But still it can taste good Smiley also I never see what should or what is best or .... I always follow my own taste or what I want at that time.... hope everyone does and if its Some quality stuff tomorrow Than thats good, but if its Some BBQ wine the next time after than fine by me .... Smiley
I think we all do it that way not?
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 09:43:16 PM

Brainstorming is a decent way of interacting to allow for a wide range of reasonableness and to allow adults to come to their own conclusions.  Whether we are talking about crypto, diet or otherwise, there might be some areas of agreement and some allowance for variation of thought and variation of approaches.  When you are looking someone face to face, you should try to be polite, especially when they seem to be striving to come to a good conclusion based on facts, logic and reasonableness.  Still, some ideas, logic and conclusions are more reasonable than others.. so when you really go deep, you will have to tend to come out of brainstorming, stream of consciousness and relativism after a while because otherwise you would become rudderless.  Bring it back to crypto.  Sure, buy some various other cryptos, but much better to invest in bitcoin first and to establish yourself.. maybe dabble a bit with a small percent of your holdings, but currently, bitcoin has the most factual and logical backing.. so why get distracted by accepting a bunch of bullshit imitations or project that are doing something else that might have some merit in themselves but are weak in terms of the sound money component that somewhat relies on networking effects built around it, too.  But, yeah, in my lame attempt to stay somewhat on topic, I seem to be preaching to the choir, here.

I second that. All of it, i have always done it that way, because hope can't beat logic.
altcoin purists seem to think the other way round.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 09:44:39 PM

Once the price doubles in a month we are weeks away from the end of the bull run. It almost did that already going up from $7500 to $13,880. For the next week or so $16k would be the doubling.

The longer we avoid doubling in a month the longer the bull run. Let it grow slowly for the next year. Then double when we hit $100k and sit back and watch the fireworks.

Exactly...I was checking the same and drew similar conclusions.
We were overheating at 13.8K, albeit I prefer a flat to a zig-zag, but a flat is usually not the bitcoin's way (especially when 20-100X leverage is available for some).
Saint-loup
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2348

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 09:46:52 PM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Damn r0ach the woman ain’t coocking today  Undecided  Undecided

Scallops uh? And white wine. Looks yummy. But cryptoqueeen?? A salad with fizzy red wine? Oh noes. I'll go out on a limb and guess it's sweet, even  Roll Eyes

The Good: Cryptoqueen
The Bad: all that salad on Cryptoqueen lobster
The Ugly: that fizzy wine in that glass.

This was below your standard Mic!

I am going to stand up here and defend sparkling rose.  She can drink whatever the hell she likes.  

Wine is whatever tastes good and makes you happy.  Don’t be sucked in by the bullshit marketing in the wine industry.

Of course she can drink whatever she likes.
Just a friendly reminder that probably that lambrusco is exactly the result of bullshit marketing in the wine industry because, to use Mic words, its the "Cheap BBQ wine" in italy, and it is sold in brick on the lower shelves of the italian supermarkets.

But still it can taste good Smiley also I never see what should or what is best or .... I always follow my own taste or what I want at that time.... hope everyone does and if its Some quality stuff tomorrow Than thats good, but if its Some BBQ wine the next time after than fine by me .... Smiley
I think we all do it that way not?
Did you take a dessert BTW?
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 09:57:31 PM

^
naaah that was just the pre dish, didn't post the main dish...... can't continue food spam the place Roll Eyes
(Also main wasn't to special just a penne arabiata and scampi for me Queeen Smiley ....) but actually its nothing to special, very simple Belgian resto (but even the very simple in Belgium already looks tasty not?? Smiley )

And @eddie no red wine, Lambrusco I know worse in terms of dinner, but tasty some days Cheesy

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:03:07 PM

Hitting the HODLsleep at 11,900$ wow here already at this time, I bet 99% of the peoples money would of taken the other side of this bet at January 1st 2019
Yet her we are, enjoy our precious rollercoaster and goodnight WO-brothers
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:36:06 PM

Even though I largely agree with your overall point, we should not just be picking random time frames in order to make our assessments of BTC price dynamics without some kind of further context.

To me, it seems that $4,200-ish on April 1 remains as the current bouncing off price of this particular run, which would be more than a tripling in less than 3 months.

I am not going based on something that I would wish it to be or some round number or time that I randomly picked, but instead, it seems that breaking above $4,200 on April 1 was our most relevant recent bouncing off price and time.  So we should use that as a measure and consider how many significantly material price correction that we have experienced since then.  There were a few, yet I am not saying that they have to exist, and I am kind of even agreeing with an assessment of both passage of time and extremity of price movement.

Furthermore, it seems, largely that when we got above $10k, there was another subsequent and quasi-irrational pumping, which could cause us to bounce around a bit in this area (and could even be a decently large price range) in order to allow for buying support to catch up to the price.  Surely, our run up to supra $13k again in the past 24 hours is providing a decent sign that BTC buy support seems to be catching up, and we are likely to be progressing in the upwards price direction a bit faster than anyone would have anticipated.

I cannot really fault your doubling in a month indicator as a kind of sign that we might be overly exuberant, but usually, the doubling in a month is not really an over exuberance that would be held in a vacuum.. and will frequently have several preceding weeks worth of exuberance to accompany it.. so for example, our more than tripling in less than 3 months is both a making up for lost territory (because we had bounce down, especially from $6k and got stuck in the $3k territory and this upwards breakout seems to have been coming at the possible beginning of a bullrun rather than after an earlier period of upwards' exuberance.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 10:42:06 PM

Brainstorming is a decent way of interacting to allow for a wide range of reasonableness and to allow adults to come to their own conclusions.  Whether we are talking about crypto, diet or otherwise, there might be some areas of agreement and some allowance for variation of thought and variation of approaches.  When you are looking someone face to face, you should try to be polite, especially when they seem to be striving to come to a good conclusion based on facts, logic and reasonableness.  Still, some ideas, logic and conclusions are more reasonable than others.. so when you really go deep, you will have to tend to come out of brainstorming, stream of consciousness and relativism after a while because otherwise you would become rudderless.  Bring it back to crypto.  Sure, buy some various other cryptos, but much better to invest in bitcoin first and to establish yourself.. maybe dabble a bit with a small percent of your holdings, but currently, bitcoin has the most factual and logical backing.. so why get distracted by accepting a bunch of bullshit imitations or project that are doing something else that might have some merit in themselves but are weak in terms of the sound money component that somewhat relies on networking effects built around it, too.  But, yeah, in my lame attempt to stay somewhat on topic, I seem to be preaching to the choir, here.

I second that. All of it, i have always done it that way, because hope can't beat logic.

In altcoin world hope beats you!  Grin
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 10:44:54 PM

Good point. Just please don't choose Thailand as a venue for the $100k party (dark humor sorry)  Grin
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 10:47:50 PM

Meanwhile, we're climbing back up slowly... Any sexy climber pics?  Cool
Spaceman_Spiff_Original

Activity: 417
Merit: 220

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:49:52 PM

Honestly, I don't care if the bull run is long or short, I just want to be able to call and trade it correctly, so I end up with more coin.
The price will most likely end up pretty fucking high in the next decades in any case, no matter how many bull runs it takes.
So you just want to end up with a decent piece of the pie once it reaches a pretty stable equilibrium, and then use a part of that capital for things that matter.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 10:50:07 PM

Maybe I am negating everything that I said in regards to my attempting to be open to arguments, facts and logic, however,  alt coin purists seem to be quite lost and don't really seem to comprehend what it is that bitcoin has to offer.  Now, if you can recognize what bitcoin has to offer, but you want to invest in various alts for some other utility propositions that they might have or that you are intrigued about various kinds of tech, then surely you should realize that you are investing in something that is different from bitcoin, but the real value proposition is in bitcoin's sound money, so in that regard, a decent amount of your value should be in bitcoin... probably 90% or more, but, surely I will grant that young people might want to experiment, so they could reasonably risk more and even justify lower amounts, but if they are starting to get below 50% then they are likely going to be getting reckless.. especially if those are considered as long term investments.

Even if bitcoin is the soundest of money, I do believe that it is quite likely that there are always going to be a decent number of people to attempt to fool who are going to want to invest into other scams, even 100 years down the road.... I am not going to be able to verify this personally, but hey, I also think that it could take a decent 50 years to really get bitcoin as a kind of global money, if things kind of progress as planned.. and I won't be able to personally verify this either. 

A bitcoin fast track would be to gain mass adoption in 20 years, and there would be a decent chance that I would be alive to verify such a happening, but I believe such quick adoption to be quite unlikely... that would be by 2040-ish.  .. gosh, that seems like a long time, as I am typing and thinking about it now. 
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:01:37 PM

Take it to the bank, ATHs are a thing of the past for bitcoin. The clear downtrend continues.
aww look who's meriting you, people who are getting left behind. I'll be sure to quote this at new ath, maybe every new 5k or 10k after too, maybe a screenshot to get your meriters in on the sadness.

Not gonna be meriting you now am i, a true bitcoin fervorist as you are.  The guy that remainded bullish from 20k to 3.2k. 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:06:29 PM
Merited by kingcolex (2)

Take it to the bank, ATHs are a thing of the past for bitcoin. The clear downtrend continues.
aww look
the sadness.

Not gonna be meriting you now am i, a true bitcoin fervorist as you are.  The guy that remainded bullish from 20k to 3.2k.  

Yeah.,. fuck Kingcolex.

He probably kept buying BTC all the way down from $20k to $3.2k, and now he is one of those shithead traitor (traders) who currently happens to be in profits, even if he had started buying BTC at the top and kept buying all the way down.

Fuck that.  

Would not want to be in profits, especially at this price point.  Better to be a no coiner than to be like Kingcolex.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

hahahahahaha

sucks to be you, jonoiv... selling all of your mediocre .5BTC stash at $6k and now waiting to buy back, and maybe only being able to get .25BTC by using the same amount that you sold.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:13:34 PM

Good point. Just please don't choose Thailand as a venue for the $100k party (dark humor sorry)  Grin

I'll definitely be partying in Thailand at 100k.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:24:47 PM

The dream lives on - we have popped back ubove the dream line.

Also the 30 day MA (green) seems to be showing some support.

jonoiv

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:28:03 PM

aww look
the sadness.

Not gonna be meriting you now am i, a true bitcoin fervorist as you are.  The guy that remainded bullish from 20k to 3.2k.  

Yeah.,. fuck Kingcolex.

He probably kept buying BTC all the way down from $20k to $3.2k, and now he is one of those shithead traitor (traders) who currently happens to be in profits, even if he had started buying BTC at the top and kept buying all the way down.

Fuck that.  

Would not want to be in profits, especially at this price point.  Better to be a no coiner than to be like Kingcolex.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

hahahahahaha

sucks to be you, jonoiv... selling all of your mediocre .5BTC stash at $6k and now waiting to buy back, and maybe only being able to get .25BTC by using the same amount that you sold.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

yep that's right i have less than a quarter of a coin, maybe now ill get a few less hacking attempts on my accounts. Not really into flexing my crypto penis or organising prostitue parties like some of the WO thread regulars.  

I just like to come here to remind you that it's on the way to the phase C bottom.  Don't really care how many of you religous freaks gang up on me, ill trade as I see fit not be dupped into buying at this obviously troubling tme for the permabulls.  
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:44:36 PM

Speaking of so called religious gang up.

jonoiv

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 11:47:08 PM

Speaking of so called religious gang up.

If it was the whole world maybe.  it's not it's 90% of the WO thread, the spirtual home of all the religious BTC followers.
Pages: « 1 ... 24216 24217 24218 24219 24220 24221 24222 24223 24224 24225 24226 24227 24228 24229 24230 24231 24232 24233 24234 24235 24236 24237 24238 24239 24240 24241 24242 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 [24266] 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 24292 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 ... 33297 »
  Print  

Jump to: