April 24, 2024, 04:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24242 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 24266 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 [24292] 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 24317 24318 24319 24320 24321 24322 24323 24324 24325 24326 24327 24328 24329 24330 24331 24332 24333 24334 24335 24336 24337 24338 24339 24340 24341 24342 ... 33297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367022 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7939

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 05:41:32 PM

Breher you should change your personal text.. Its loosing its mass appeal.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:51:09 PM

Quiet around here now, going to bed and HODLread and HODLrest that knee as per doctors orders.
Keep on shit posting guys!!
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 05:54:51 PM

Careful now, you don't want us to go full Cathleens bike on you.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7939

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 06:09:38 PM

Here's another way in which the WO thread is special: it has its own special post reporting guidelines... How many other threads can say that???

Can't report posts for being off-topic or trolling, but you sure can report them for ban evasion!
Yaplatu

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

28K=Buy | Wallet=100% BTC

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:18:36 PM

Your opinion ?

Source Twitter: @TrueCrypto28
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:24:10 PM

This cryptonianclown character probably has an over/under bet going on how long
he can keep posting here before getting nuked.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 06:34:55 PM

Your opinion ?

Source Twitter: @TrueCrypto28

I think it is more probable that BTC/USD stays within the Kama Bands enky.nakamura uses this month than taking out last months' high.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:38:13 PM

All paths lead to moon, even if I am still a bit short term bearish(short term as in next month and a half or so).

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You have been "short-term" bearish since about $7,500, so hopefully, you have not lost too much money on your seemingly transitory (lasting for many months and months) "short-term" ongoing bearish disposition.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:57:13 PM

Wink Wink

Just for clarification, Mahatma Gandhi never said this.

Can you elaborate?  And, edumacate us on this topic?
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:57:31 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

This Startup Has A Master Plan For Taking Bitcoin Payments Mainstream

Eventually, Lolli could go back to a retailer like Walmart and point out that the rewards platform has a large number of consumers who are both holding Bitcoin and shopping at Walmart on a regular basis. At that point, it could make sense for Walmart to accept Bitcoin directly.

“It gets really interesting because you have to reevaluate what they’re optimizing for. You start playing into those margins of the $5 billion worth of credit card fees, and you say, ‘Look. We have a million users that are shopping at Walmart. You’re spending, let’s just say, $10 million in credit card fees on those users. What if we saved you $10 million in credit card fees by accepting Bitcoin?''
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:09:12 PM

This user is currently ignored.

What's roach talking about now? How great the sunshine feels on your face when trekking through the great outdoors? How he loves the faces his puppy makes when he gives it a bath? Probably something equally as pleasant, I'm sure.

If you want to know, then it should be easy enough to take a peak once in a while, no? 

Better to personally confirm curiosity, to the extent that you really want to know or if you would be able to tolerate taking such a sample snapshot.

Most of the time, roach is not saying too many interesting things about anything, and likely I have a bit more tolerance of the dweeb than a lot of the other regulars here.  Go figure?  Might be something that I need to consider addressing within myself too, if I were to want to reform myself in the direction of ignoring more of dee roach.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:09:41 PM

^^Baby tripod spotted.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:25:36 PM

Breher you should change your personal text.. Its loosing its mass appeal.

Gawd, you just can't help yourself from poking at me, can you? I really don't get it.

BTW: WTF is a 'Permanent Tourist'?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 07:26:18 PM

Posting guild lines:
 Please lets keep this thread clean. ( I will be removing any off topic posts )
 Do not post random comments on this thread, unless it is directly related to the last wall update [...]

What happened to this thread? It's like a magnet for shitposting as the least successful self-moderated threads on this forum.
Congrats for getting it to no.1 though  Wink I like that there's a 99.98% chance this post won't get deleted  Grin

Tempted to delete for lulz

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:15:00 PM

That fucking arthritis is still bothering me, so I've been to the doctors today.
Thought I'd do a Mic and share the experience.

It’s surprises me how medicine is practiced in different places.  This pic would be grounds for a huge malpractice claim (in the US) if there was any slight infection post procedure.

What in that picture would make you think there is malpractice?

No sterile field.
No obvious cleansing/disinfecting agent.
No personal protection equipment for the provider.( used to keep provider safe but also to keep infective agents from being transferred to patient.)

I am not saying this is malpractice.  Dr’s are so risk adverse in the US that all of the above would be mandated.  If they were not used and an infection ensued would easily be considered malpractice. (In the US). Medicine practiced this way is significantly less expensive than if this same procedure would be done in the US.

The white paper cloth under the knee and all the equipment is sterile, the doc washed his hands and then soaked them in alcohol before the procedure, the knee and surrounding areas was washed with alcohol before the procedure.
I worked at a hospital in my youth and i must say that this is standard procedure both then and now.

I'm sorry injecting Monkey Jism without gloves is a serious medical no no.

Despite your work in the hospital gardens.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 08:18:27 PM

I think with this next run up I will dissolve any alt coin I have that has not produced what was initial promised when it was created.

I am quite disappointed by MaidSafe. I bought those in the initial offering...back in 2013. They have nothing.

Perhaps try to "time the market" and instead of selling bitcoins toward the top, sell all of my alts for fiat or Tethers. To buy back BTC during the 2 year dip back down to $60k.

Outside of that, I recall watching a presentation by one of the Bitcoin developers talking about a scripting language he created to run in Bitcoin. I did not have time to play around with it then and the guy did say he was going to scrap it all and start from scratch with something better. Does anyone have a link to that presentation or know what it's called?

Edit: My goal has been to try to create a Bitcoin company where nobody in the company needs to be known, but when a customer purchases a product from that company the funds are sent in the same way that a company works. It may go to the CEO, the treasurer (with some restrictions), shareholders, etc. with board members having a way of voting on new paths of revenue and being able to give/take away power from the CEO.

Probably something that can be done in ETH but screw those guys. This is Bitcoin.

I checked into RSK and that does not allow a customer to send bitcoins to the organization. They must first convert their BTC to RSK to then send.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:19:40 PM

Crossposting from Monero thread as I think you guys might get a chuckle. Smiley

As is a banknote. A belief that the promise to pay bearer will be honoured

I let a neighbor borrow 200 bucks once and he gave me a check. Later on when i stopped at his bank (Citizens) they tried to charge me 5 bucks to cash it! I was dumbfounded and told them that check was their word! They said if I had an account there would be no charge and I told her thats not the point, the point is I accepted the check as their word it was good and that i am not going to pay for the honor of giving an interest free loan to their customer. Eventually I opened an account deposited the check and left one dollar in the account so they can send me statements every month. Whats worse is the teller wouldn't open an account for me for the sole purpose of avoiding their fees so I had to call her manager over and the manager said open the account immediately and that went right up that tellers ass. Cheesy

Posting guild lines:
 Please lets keep this thread clean. ( I will be removing any off topic posts )
 Do not post random comments on this thread, unless it is directly related to the last wall update [...]

What happened to this thread? It's like a magnet for shitposting as the least successful self-moderated threads on this forum.
Congrats for getting it to no.1 though  Wink I like that there's a 99.98% chance this post won't get deleted  Grin

Tempted to delete for lulz

Good one but no-one would ever know unless you delete it and quote it. Smiley

Here's another way in which the WO thread is special: it has its own special post reporting guidelines... How many other threads can say that???

Can't report posts for being off-topic or trolling, but you sure can report them for ban evasion!

I personally like the report for ON-Topicness being pointed out. Grin
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2413

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:04:45 PM

Nobody saw the sudden pump to $12k? Everybody fell asleep? The green dildo was pretty massive. Observing $11930 moment, can breach $12k at any moment.

After this cross it is almost impossible to go back now. Maybe a dip can happen for a very short time but it will jump back almost instantly before you even transfer your funds and hit the buy button. Even if you have the funds ready, it is probably still going to happen too fast.
_javi_

Activity: 968
Merit: 624

Still a manic miner

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:12:16 PM

Nobody saw the sudden pump to $12k? Everybody fell asleep? The green dildo was pretty massive. Observing $11930 moment, can breach $12k at any moment.

After this cross it is almost impossible to go back now. Maybe a dip can happen for a very short time but it will jump back almost instantly before you even transfer your funds and hit the buy button. Even if you have the funds ready, it is probably still going to happen too fast.

Now its when the newbs that SODL 90% of their position start to buy again..

They dont quite understand the art of HODLing.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 09:25:20 PM

You can play bitcoin investment matters however you like but it seems like a decently postured asymmetric bet .....

It has always been an asymetric bet.....but that understanding comes with recognition that it is a bet, and thus has a finite probability of failure.

Going to our probability calculations,  I now estimate a 65% chance we are in a bull market. The latest rally ironically reduced that probability, because it deviated so much from the previous shallow waves.

The move to 13.5k can either be seen as a demonstration of relative strength, or as a failed parabolic rally in a bear market, which is a much more bearish signal.

So, bull market 65%, bear market 35%.  My breakdown of that :

New AYH within weeks 25%, bounce from support (at $6.5k, $8.5k) 15%, extended sideways consolidation 25%.

Slow grind down from here to below $3k 20%, dump followed by pump to a lower high 10%, crash to deep lows (sub 2k) 5%.

Those percentages are likely not a whole hell of a lot different from my own, but I don't think that we bounce around from bull to bear to bull so easily, but I agree that sometimes it can be a bit difficult to know exactly what we are in, so it might not be that we are bouncing around but just not sure about where we are at.

Anyhow, pretty much after we broke above $4,200 on April 1 and then we went to $6k ish and largely stayed UP for a considerable amount of time, that caused me to conclude, at first tentatively, that we had returned to the bull market.  So going back to a bear market would require a decent amount of down for a decent amount of time, otherwise we are merely in a correction of a bullmarket.

So seems to be one of my criticisms  of you, majormax, in that you are wanting to pull the bear trigger too quickly, from my assessment.

I find it bullish as fuck that our correction from $13,880 has only been down to $9,614... so damned.. seems to be bullish to me, even if there seem to be some difficulties getting back above $13k and staying there... Could take a few more days, or it could take a month or two to get back above $13,880, but that still seems to be bullish to me, as long as we don't drop below $7k.  If we drop below $7k, then at that point, we can start talking about the possibility of bearish.. and even that would not necessarily be a given bearish, depending on context.

OK, fair analysis, I think.  Yes, the market is now/still in bull mode, until confirmed otherwise. My posts are usually trying to remind everyone (myself included !) that there are different possible directions at every point in the market ....no matter how sure an observer may be, there are constant surprises.

Sure, but in the past year or so that I have been exchanging post ideas with you, you really do seem to incessantly and even severely gravitate towards bearish scenarios, even ones that seem to be a bit within the extreme and premature arena.  

I suppose that there remains an amount of genuine personal variability with these kinds of ideas, and I know some of those kinds of folks in real life too, seemingly like you, they are even more cautious than what seems prudent (from my point of view) to be.... Like extreme cautionary, or maybe more risk averse than  I believe to be reasonable... I have already tentatively concluded that you are attempting to post your genuine fears that you have, but I still gotta repeatedly assert that I find you to frequently be prematurely bearish on a regular basis.  

I think I am also liable to appear open to bear interpretation :

Yes... exactly....

Admit it.  Admit it.   Tongue

1. As a devils advocate to the perceived bullish consensus.

2. To avoid disappointment .

3. To remind us that patience is required.

I am surely receptive to most kinds of "avoiding disappointment," which seems to be a frequent reason that I never really want to commit to anything much greater than 50/50 suggestions regarding my expectations of price direction.  So, yeah, in that regard, if you frequently understate expectations or overly prepare psychologically (and maybe even financially, too), then you are bound to be satisfied when better results play out.

Based on some of your previous comments, we might have some similar practices regarding finances, too.. perhaps?  Even if I am considering odds to be decently high for down, I tend to be too chickenshit to sell, so in that regard, my main remedy for such negative feelings is merely to figure out various buying points, in terms of perhaps tweaking quantity and changing buy increments.  But, yeah, frequently, BTC HODLers/accumulators will show a decent amount of lacking in psychological preparedness when the negative scenarios do actually play out, and sometimes there could have been some needs to financially synchronize so that you don't feel so bad if the negative does come and if they negative ends up being much greater than anticipated.

I do agree that the action since 13.8k can be interpreted as  bullish (although I'm presenting the possible alternative as well).

The level of 13.8k is very important, because, as it was reached in an exponential spike, it forms very strong overhead resistance.  A decisive breach of 13.8  is less likely in the short term now.

It seems that I remain a bit more uncertain about whether resistance at $13.8 is either building up or if it really anything much to worry about.  

I am hardly at all rattled by either the correction down to $9,614 nor the fact that the price is bouncing around between $10k and $13k, and even if there are several unsuccessful attempts for the price to get above $13k, I consider such lack of success to be a BIG so fucking what?  In other words, the 30% correction down to $9,614 was well within a kind of range of reasonableness, and even 50% corrections are NOT necessarily bearish, when we have had a break out above $4,200 that occurred more than 3 months ago, and ain't even close to being revisited, at least up until now.

So, I have some difficulties extracting bearish scenarios out of seemingly normal consolidation that remains more than 2x higher than  our $4,200 break out point, and that is likely part of the reason that I mentioned that we should discuss this bearish matter if prices break below $7k, and before then, I am going to remain mostly jubilant - even though I have also reestablished my buy orders down to mid $2,xxx, just in case, on scenarios that I don't consider to be too likely, even though I remain financially prepared for such (and financial preparedness does help to bolster psychological preparations, too.. .even while I am likely going to start to feel concern if prices go back below $5k or even $6k, which I would surely prefer not to happen in this cycle).

However, if price did move strongly above that , it would indeed be the super-bullish signal.

I do tend to think that it could take several weeks to get back above $13,8k, but who knows?  Like I said, I think that it is pretty bullish from the mere fact that we are not going back below $9.6k and you are not going to get me to be too concerned in regards to my overall bullish sentiments until at minimum we start to approach $7k..

I am attempting (maybe not succeeding)  to present a view which is neither bullish nor bearish.  The market is neither of those until proven/confirmed.

I don't know about that.  The market seems pretty damned bullish to me.

There is howard zinn expression that seems aprobo for this situation:  "you cannot stay neutral on a moving train."  

Yeah, lots of us like to present ourselves as neutral, but really sometimes neutrality does not really seem to fit very well, and a stance needs to be taken, which still might be neutral, but it is accepting and recognizing the more telling facts and logic.. which currently seems to be that we are currently in a bull market, until proven otherwise or the facts actually change. Accept, Majormax, and you will thank me later.   Wink Wink     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 24242 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 24266 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 24273 24274 24275 24276 24277 24278 24279 24280 24281 24282 24283 24284 24285 24286 24287 24288 24289 24290 24291 [24292] 24293 24294 24295 24296 24297 24298 24299 24300 24301 24302 24303 24304 24305 24306 24307 24308 24309 24310 24311 24312 24313 24314 24315 24316 24317 24318 24319 24320 24321 24322 24323 24324 24325 24326 24327 24328 24329 24330 24331 24332 24333 24334 24335 24336 24337 24338 24339 24340 24341 24342 ... 33297 »
  Print  

Jump to: