March 19, 2024, 11:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 24538 24539 24540 24541 24542 24543 24544 24545 24546 24547 24548 24549 24550 24551 24552 24553 24554 24555 24556 24557 24558 24559 [24560] 24561 24562 24563 24564 24565 24566 24567 24568 24569 24570 24571 24572 24573 24574 24575 24576 24577 24578 24579 24580 24581 24582 24583 24584 24585 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 24592 24593 24594 24595 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 24602 24603 24604 24605 24606 24607 24608 24609 24610 ... 33173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330654 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1122

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 12:30:04 AM

I think this is empirical proof that we have Lady HODLers here  Cheesy

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 12:49:01 AM

this makes alot of sense ===> https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdc_usdt  Cheesy Grin Kiss reeee
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 12:50:22 AM

So to be honest I would not be surprised to see a few alts go up with BTC.  But not so much that BTC dominance goes way under 50%

Yes.. that would entail some alts way outstripping BTC on % rises. With 50% dominance,  20% rise in BTC  infers  some better performing alts multiplying up (and that's assuming its the bigger ones).  I think that very unlikely.

I think there will be alts with big dominance:

• USD stable coins

• Tokenised loans paying interest

• Tokenised bitcoin futures

• New attempts at the “next Bitcoin” including more Bitcoin forks

Basically a plethora of exotic financial instruments and derivatives.   No ICO shit. That stuff is dead.

Two words.

Gaming tokens.

This probaly gonna be the next fotm.

There are already quite the game makers interested in tokenisation and are preparing stuff.

Gaming is already a 3 digit billion market, VR is just at the baby steps and will proppel it by a lot in the short term.

for fantasy football? Shocked lol
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1494

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 12:55:26 AM

So WTF is "custionaries" ?

Questionnaires as a guess.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 01:21:56 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2019, 01:45:50 AM by JayJuanGee

For example, it seems that if I had some meaningful inclinations that the BTC price was going to go down before it goes up, I could describe my feelings, and it seems that I already have.  

Several weeks ago, I said that I would not be surprised if BTC corrected below $7k, especially after we had peaked at $13,880 in such a short period of time.  I cannot recall anyone with any serious credibility around here questioning my BTC bullishness, and I also felt NO need to assert my long term bullish qualifications.

That's the thing Jiggy, when someone makes a bullish post - there are no disputes or confrontations - ever.
On the other hand if a member (non-legendary usually) makes a bearish remark, he can find himself been accused of lying, manipulating or trying to influence newbies, & even as far as trying to discredit other members that might have the same opinion. That's what serveria did, and that's why I felt that I had to explain myself. Also that's why he is a liar in my book.

In any other case, of course there is no need to explain anything regarding an opinion/position.

I did not have any problems with either serveria.com or Ivomm suggesting that the bear posts were too bearish, bordering on what trolls and shills do, and that the bear posts were assigning too high of probabilities on the down scenarios.... and also criticizing bear posts for suggesting that there has to be down before up, when many of us know that is not true.  

We have seen it over and over and over in bitcoin in which no down is necessary before up, even while a whole bunch of folks are predicting it.. especially when we are in a bull market.

On the other hand, there is no doubt that down can happen, and it can even happen when we do not expect the down to happen, and even when we believe the down is over... I am not really sure what would have caused serveria.com to be considered as a liar, rather than just being considered as someone who was disagreeing with the certainty asserted in the bearishness of the posts, and the same seems to be true with ivomm's criticisms of the bear posts...  Seems like fair game to me, fair  game, and if some bear-ish posters got caught on the wrong end of that criticism, shouldn't they be able to take it instead of beginning to feel defensive, that might be more on them because they are allowing varying opinions of others on the interwebs to cause them to get emotional and resort to name calling rather than either ignoring the differing opinion or maybe attempting to justify themselves a bit more, if that might be a better way forward.

Just like ivomm said, I can see any poster that gets a bit pissed off when it seems that such certainty is being called with down that it could get fence sitters and nocoiners and newbies to wait when they should be buying... because even if the likelihood of down looks so damned good, many times newbies, fence sitters and nocoiners should just be establishing a plan and taking action rather than waiting, as some of the down before up predictions seem to encourage, even if down before up might end up being correct.  

For example, it seems that if I had some meaningful inclinations that the BTC price was going to go down before it goes up, I could describe my feelings, and it seems that I already have.  

Several weeks ago, I said that I would not be surprised if BTC corrected below $7k, especially after we had peaked at $13,880 in such a short period of time.  I cannot recall anyone with any serious credibility around here questioning my BTC bullishness, and I also felt NO need to assert my long term bullish qualifications.

That's the thing Jiggy, when someone makes a bullish post - there are no disputes or confrontations - ever.
On the other hand if a member (non-legendary usually) makes a bearish remark, he can find himself been accused of lying, manipulating or trying to influence newbies, & even as far as trying to discredit other members that might have the same opinion. That's what serveria did, and that's why I felt that I had to explain myself. Also that's why he is a liar in my book.

In any other case, of course there is no need to explain anything regarding an opinion/position.

From long experience of markets, I have noted that this sort of balance (where there is excessive critique of bearish opinion) is invariably a significantly bearish sign for the stock/market involved.

Could be, yet I don't believe that either ivomm or serveria were being excessive in their criticisms towards the bearish opinions, and like I said above, we might be getting too many newbies, nocoiners and fence sitters waiting when they should be buying and developing a plan for buying and taking a stake in BTC, for their own good.

Furthermore, bitcoin is not any kind of ordinary asset, so even if you have seen these kinds of sentiments in other markets, we are not in other markets, we are in bitcoin, which is nowhere near mature, and is likely in an exponential upswing of adoption and with a lot of networking affects that can cause the upswings to go way beyond any other asset class that we have witnessed to date - including the fact that the market is largely open to stupid ass newbie investment, versus the exclusive nature of a lot of other asset classes and markets that had built upon those kinds of different (qualified) investors.

On the other hand if a member (non-legendary usually) makes a bearish remark, he can find himself been accused of lying, manipulating or trying to influence newbies, & even as far as trying to discredit other members that might have the same opinion.

Heh, I remember JayJuanGee denounces me as a bear once, even tho my posts were actually bullish.

Hey.  Are you asserting that you did not deserve denouncing?   Angry

And, now we are "good" buddies, more or less, no?    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

On the other hand if a member (non-legendary usually) makes a bearish remark, he can find himself been accused of lying, manipulating or trying to influence newbies, & even as far as trying to discredit other members that might have the same opinion.

Heh, I remember JayJuanGee denounces me as a bear once, even tho my posts were actually bullish.

Hey you.  You are denounced as a bear.

FTFY

Several times
JJG once got annoyed at me for my various dumbass behaviors including my being too bullish and calling bottom and declaring a new Bull Market in December 2018. We are cool now though, and mostly bordering on being the best of buds......  Wink

247 days into the new BTCull Market and all is well.  Cheesy

FTFY
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 11717

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 01:25:37 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

What about HODLers in 2019 .... and meh, HODLers never affected
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 01:28:36 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

https://twitter.com/redditbtc/status/1163512805590470658?s=21
This real??
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 01:33:40 AM

Damn awful late at here, time for a well earned HODLsleep
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 01:58:44 AM

quiet in here...
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 01:58:50 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2019, 02:17:48 AM by cAPSLOCK

You think the gals are the 41%?  I can't imagine we have THAT many... Wink
RoomBot
Legendary

Merit: 1122

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 02:04:52 AM

You think the gals are the 38%?  I can't imagine we have THAT many... Wink

Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 02:50:24 AM

The best scenario is buy BTC when it was below $50. (Ideally, when it was below $1).
Dont troll yourself with what ifs.    Generally everyone should save a little more because it makes you alot better off in future.   

this.

dont beat yourself up by not buying in in the single/double digits. the price does whatever it pleases. it used to fluctuate wildly at the slightest fud/good news, now? nothing. the price just sits around and seemingly ignores the world. till it doesnt.

sure i wish i had mined or bought more (and been more careful storing them) back in 2011 when i got started. in hindsight and 20/20 rear vision i could be on a private island now. but the who point of this experiment was to see if it worked. that meant testing mining, pools, wallets, exchanges, software, selling/buying for btc, all that. and it needed people with vision (and later greed) to play with it. not just stack em all up.  stack some for the visionaries, sure. but they needed to be used.

so i played. i had no idea thenn that the value would reach what it is now today (~10-11k) let alone that ~20k ath. and i have no regrets really. i sell when needed, and ive lately sold enough to set plans in motion that hopefully carry my wife and i into a very comfortable lifestyle. could that 11k average price of been much higher if i waited to see if the price rose? sure.. maybe. and maybe it would of been lower. point is, dont try to time the market unless youre really really good at it.. but otherwise buy corn when you have extra disposable fiat, sell corn when needed. dont bother looking at the price.

of course some people have much better strategies, but this is my hodling-occasional cashout strategy. its worked fairly well for me well despite my own stupidity. ymmv.

We can repeat until we are blue in the face, that guys (and gal) should not be attempting to time the market, and that is part of the reason why the buy, accumulate and HODL strategy has paid off so well.... so even if you end up selling some BTC, you should be keeping a vast majority of you holdings - so accordingly NOT selling too much.  In my first few years in bitcoin, between late 2013 and late 2016, I would stay somewhat obsessive about buying and replacing any BTC that I spent, and in that regard, the total number of my BTC slowly went up and up and up.... slowly (even though sometimes the value of my holdings (in dollars) was not going up).
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Merit: 1338

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 02:53:58 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

On Sept 23rd we’re set to launch two physically delivered bitcoin futures contracts:
• Bakkt Bitcoin (USD) Daily Futures
• Bakkt Bitcoin (USD) Monthly Futures
https://twitter.com/Bakkt/status/1163516283691950086

Wow, finally. CME Futures launched = BEAR MARKET, Bakkt Futures = MOON ? Cool
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:05:27 AM

You think the gals are the 38%?  I can't imagine we have THAT many... Wink

Grin..

There is symmetry in the poll. They balance out perfectly!

Those who don't have Bitcoin in any real amount, think about SEX.

They also think about Bitcoin, but the odds at this point even for the geeks on here, with little Bitcoin, is
that you'd likely get Sex before any Bitcoin of a significant amount to matter.

So as long as you are daydreaming, may as well be the more likely aspect of Sex vs Bitcoin. As either is unlikely. Sad

Those with Bitcoin who have a 'significant' amount think more about Bitcoin then Sex because they are 'getting' plenty of Sex.

But they realize they are geeks, so think more about Bitcoin in order to continue to get Sex.

Geeks that they are they find it is fun, but realize they must think more about Bitcoin and how to get more, in order to keep this addiction to sex going.
Without Bitcoin, they are 'whiny' little dweebs on the Wall Observer Here, and that would be torture to go back to that life, now that Bitcoin has shown them Sex
with an actual 'gasp' person vs the Japanese Silicone Love Doll. Smiley They know the 'magic formula' for Sex is MORE HODL and MORE Bitcoin. Smiley

Thus the poll makes perfect sense. Because really, everyone here all they really think about is Bitcoin, with the result of getting enough to
always have Sex. It is just as geeks, Bitcoin HODL'ing from back in the day has made both daydreams possible! Those geeks without significant
Bitcoin has NO chance to discover the mystery of Sex. It is how the world is.

So those who need to get more and HODL to someday have sex, you need to get moving and get some! Before the price pumps to $100k or some such.

So those who are getting Sex with Bitcoin, PACE YOURSELF! You are likely overweight/middle-aged and out of shape!  Thus whoever is pumping you are likely trying to kill you off
quickly and get your Bitcoin, before Bitcoin price pumps!

So it is a race!

Play hard to get! Go to a Gym! Can't get sex if you are screwed to death you out of shape geek! It's a frigging honey badger trap!

So again, the poll is exactly as it should be!

Brad

(I'm so lonely) Sad

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2222

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:08:24 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1)

Those who have bitcoin have no need to think about bitcoin. So they have sex.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3782

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:11:23 AM

Those who have bitcoin have no need to think about bitcoin. So they have sex.

The question was not about "having", it was about thinking  Grin

BTW, IRL general population, females are thinking/dreaming about sex much more than men (anecdotal evidence).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:21:21 AM

ATH with the new year. Only a year and a half left to 100k. Buy now or cry later.

Get ready. Cool

*who still calls me a bear now?*

You bear, now.

[edited out]

Here's the thing...  If BTC dominance is that low then there will be a handful of BIG alts. Just the ones with real use cases and promise.  There is NO WAY the ICO p&ds are going to go back up.  That ship has sailed.

So to be honest I would not be surprised to see a few alts go up with BTC.  But not so much that BTC dominance goes way under 50%

Isn't there a current trend likelihood with stablecoins, and there could be some "stablecoins" like facebook coin or some others that might not even be known, yet, that take up  (or dilute) some of the market cap, including undermining that fake measure on coinmarket cap of BTC dominance?

So to be honest I would not be surprised to see a few alts go up with BTC.  But not so much that BTC dominance goes way under 50%

Yes.. that would entail some alts way outstripping BTC on % rises. With 50% dominance,  20% rise in BTC  infers  some better performing alts multiplying up (and that's assuming its the bigger ones).  I think that very unlikely.

• USD stable coins

Basically a plethora of exotic financial instruments and derivatives.   No ICO shit. That stuff is dead.

What he (hairy) said.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2754

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:34:35 AM

Nope. Looks like you are serious.  Have fun with that stuff.  Keep an eye out for the lizard people.  

LOL, out of sMerit, otherwise I'd give you all of 'em.

Snopes may not always be correct but I'd trust them far more than infowars. Also, the person who was objecting to the snopes link can always go there and verify *their* sources. The infowars type of places never seem to have verifiable sources, for obvious reasons.

I find this graphic to be useful as a gut check when reading online...

Source: https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

Nice graph. Saved it.
Looking at CNN and FOX NEWS and it seems to be spot on 👍🏻

Here’s the thing.  

I am an avowed leftie and I have never heard of any of the organizations on the hard left of the spectrum, other than Daily KOS.  And I can’t remember having recently read anything on Daily KOS.    

But the hard right organizations like Fox News are everywhere.   

Right- that's how you can tell that chart is B.S. Several members of the "hyper-partisan right" column just so happen to be the handful of right-leaning mainstream/semi-mainstream news organizations. All the members of the "hyper-partisan left" column are a bunch of fringe sites. Meanwhile, the left-leaning mainstream news sites are portrayed as "neutral".
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3782

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:42:14 AM

• USD stable coins

Basically a plethora of exotic financial instruments and derivatives.   No ICO shit. That stuff is dead.

What he (hairy) said.

Unlikely. Not that I care much, but you underestimate the ability of Wall Street to create a rush to some token in a true bull market.
Some zombies might revive and some will join the fray.
Why? Because there is a certain group of investors who harp on POW and think that POS will allow them to "earn" interest.
However, the only way btc goes from 10.8K to 29K in 6mo and STILL loses up to 30% of dominance would mean top three-five alts quadrupling to quintupling in the same 6mo.
IMHO, it's not going to happen.
I don't see how btc can truly earn interest, apart from questionable re-hypothecation schemes (in which I don't partake).
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 03:45:09 AM

Facts have a liberal bias

/s
Pages: « 1 ... 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 24538 24539 24540 24541 24542 24543 24544 24545 24546 24547 24548 24549 24550 24551 24552 24553 24554 24555 24556 24557 24558 24559 [24560] 24561 24562 24563 24564 24565 24566 24567 24568 24569 24570 24571 24572 24573 24574 24575 24576 24577 24578 24579 24580 24581 24582 24583 24584 24585 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 24592 24593 24594 24595 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 24602 24603 24604 24605 24606 24607 24608 24609 24610 ... 33173 »
  Print  

Jump to: