April 25, 2024, 12:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24873 24874 24875 24876 24877 24878 24879 24880 24881 24882 24883 24884 24885 24886 24887 24888 24889 24890 24891 24892 24893 24894 24895 24896 24897 24898 24899 24900 24901 24902 24903 24904 24905 24906 24907 24908 24909 24910 24911 24912 24913 24914 24915 24916 24917 24918 24919 24920 24921 24922 [24923] 24924 24925 24926 24927 24928 24929 24930 24931 24932 24933 24934 24935 24936 24937 24938 24939 24940 24941 24942 24943 24944 24945 24946 24947 24948 24949 24950 24951 24952 24953 24954 24955 24956 24957 24958 24959 24960 24961 24962 24963 24964 24965 24966 24967 24968 24969 24970 24971 24972 24973 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367680 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 05:56:28 PM

I only fear one thing in life & it’s cancer. I’ve had a drink myself so I don’t mind about being honest myself. I’ve had two scares this year -

cancer is truly nasty thats for sure. some cases can be controlled into remission but its never guaranteed.

my greatest fear is brain deterioration (alzheimers, dementia, things like that) and currently there is no way to prevent, slow down, or cure those.

i can lose large pieces of my body to whatever and as long as my brain is functioning at more or less normal level (for me) im good with missing parts. i can adapt as long as my brain is doing its job in its usual sloppy fashion.

you can replace a lot of organ systems but obviously the brain is not on that list.

i have seen too many people who suffer one or the other of those and how truly miserable that can be to the patient as well as family.

i have a plan to prevent that long spiral downward if my brains craps out. i plan build an extremely complicated puzzle device that takes, say, one hour of undivided attention and and a reasonable amount of logic and such to solve, thereby resetting the counter. it would need to be solved every (say) two weeks, and wrong answers are ignored with no penalty. it would have something like a several month grace period, even with wrong answers. to take into the account other, temporary mental issues. so, basically a dead mans switch that would somehow cause me to expire (with no danger to others) while still having a small shred of dignity and freewill. this would take much careful vetting of course, as well as a way to expire myself (suicide is for cowards, but i figure dying because you could not solve a logic problem is ok... well i think so anyway).

so.. if my brain is going to betray me.. well if i cant trust my own brain at that point, i need to set something up before my brain has a chance to cause a huge amount of suffering and inconvenience for caregivers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:06:47 PM

I only fear one thing in life & it’s cancer. I’ve had a drink myself so I don’t mind about being honest myself. I’ve had two scares this year -

cancer is truly nasty thats for sure. some cases can be controlled into remission but its never guaranteed.

my greatest fear is brain deterioration (alzheimers, dementia, things like that) and currently there is no way to prevent, slow down, or cure those.

i can lose large pieces of my body to whatever and as long as my brain is functioning at more or less normal level (for me) im good with missing parts. i can adapt as long as my brain is doing its job in its usual sloppy fashion.

you can replace a lot of organ systems but obviously the brain is not on that list.

i have seen too many people who suffer one or the other of those and how truly miserable that can be to the patient as well as family.

i have a plan to prevent that long spiral downward if my brains craps out. i plan build an extremely complicated puzzle device that takes, say, one hour of undivided attention and and a reasonable amount of logic and such to solve, thereby resetting the counter. it would need to be solved every (say) two weeks, and wrong answers are ignored with no penalty. it would have something like a several month grace period, even with wrong answers. to take into the account other, temporary mental issues. so, basically a dead mans switch that would somehow cause me to expire while still having a small shred of dignity and freewill. this would take much careful vetting of course, as well as a way to expire myself (suicide is for cowards, but i figure dying because you could not solve a logic problem is ok... well i think so anyway).

so.. if my brain is going to betray me.. well if i cant trust my own brain at that point, i need to set something up before my brain has a chance to cause a huge amount of suffering and inconvenience for caregivers.

You can already test for the probability to get alzheimer. read that in a news article recently.
And you can do something to prevent breakout, mainly with nutrition, omega-3 and aminos (chicken meat).
You are likely to develop dementia if your head got hit or shaken often (boxers, for example).
And alcohol. But regardless of the cause, we all have to die and it's good that way. This defines the true value of life.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:09:11 PM

i have a plan to prevent that long spiral downward if my brains craps out. i plan build an extremely complicated puzzle device that takes, say, one hour of undivided attention and and a reasonable amount of logic and such to solve, thereby resetting the counter. it would need to be solved every (say) two weeks, and wrong answers are ignored with no penalty. it would have something like a several month grace period, even with wrong answers. to take into the account other, temporary mental issues. so, basically a dead mans switch that would somehow cause me to expire (with no danger to others) while still having a small shred of dignity and freewill. this would take much careful vetting of course, as well as a way to expire myself (suicide is for cowards, but i figure dying because you could not solve a logic problem is ok... well i think so anyway).

Interesting...I am not sure that it needs to be a complicated puzzle since you should expect some mild decline in brain capacity.
What's wrong with doing sudoku, word games, etc.?
There is a guy in health field (https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/10/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/ ) who wrote a treatise about how he will stop taking care of his body upon turning 75 due to his thinking about a perceived lack of sharpness. Some professions (teaching, science, medicine, artistry, etc.) seem to be preserving mental capacities of participants way into late seventies, early eighties. Personally, I think that the key is to be interested in new things.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:12:57 PM

Personally, I think that the key is to be interested in new things.

I will be recruiting the demented to mine Bitcoin manually/organically. If I get enough of them, and there are millions upon millions doing not very much, then I believe I can outgun Bitmain and maybe even bring a few of them back from oblivion.

As for what I go from, something respiratory is my nightmare. The idea of slowly suffocating is horrible.

Either way I'll be straight off to Switzerland to be put down at the first sign of anything that looks like a one way trip. If I get an itchy finger I have to talk myself out of slicing it off so there's no way my body is going to make me suffer for long. I'll get it before it gets me.
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:23:46 PM

Yeah merit stats.

Problem is that you did not say "no homo"....  Angry Angry Angry Angry

So mic and JJG are 2 wonder-boys.

Anyways India won the Test game against SouthAfrica.

I not caught up, but why am I in a group with JJG??

It was a discussion - The two most likely WO’s to date in the future.

Tongue

via Imgflip Meme Generator

You did not say "no homo" either.    Angry Angry Angry

Xhomer really needs to come through with the no homo hats before it gets too gay in here. No homo.
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:26:30 PM

[...] my best friend passed early in life, from colon cancer. He was Dutch, and leaves behind a wife and child that we consider close-distant family - Spending American Thanksgiving with his wife and his son, who, for all intents and purposes, will be inheriting a nontrivial fortune upon my passing.

my sincere condolences for your loss. its never easy to bury a friend.

looking out for them from now on (to whatever extent you decide) and putting them in your will shows volumes as to your integrity.

golden-dragon

Activity: 207
Merit: 25

BITCOIN. BUY&HODL!

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:33:20 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

the only way is up..

https://twitter.com/galaxyBTC/status/1180896177002291203
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:43:23 PM

Just one possible chart among a large number of unknowns.
It would be nice, though.
What's the trigger for such move?
Brexit?

BTW, why btc looks so shitty on US/EU exchanges vs binance? There is more than $150 price difference.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:46:57 PM

Cheesy Grin Cool

7k weeeee >_> to da moon!
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:48:28 PM

Personally, I think that the key is to be interested in new things.

I will be recruiting the demented to mine Bitcoin manually/organically. If I get enough of them, and there are millions upon millions doing not very much, then I believe I can outgun Bitmain and maybe even bring a few of them back from oblivion.

As for what I go from, something respiratory is my nightmare. The idea of slowly suffocating is horrible.

Either way I'll be straight off to Switzerland to be put down at the first sign of anything that looks like a one way trip. If I get an itchy finger I have to talk myself out of slicing it off so there's no way my body is going to make me suffer for long. I'll get it before it gets me.

No need to go to switzerland. Any cold weather (below 0 celsius) will do, get some booze and freeze till nil. Preferred suicide method, because it introduces the least amount of pain. A friend of mine went to the mountain woods two years ago, they didn't even find him to date.
Disclaimer: This is just information, no instructions.
golden-dragon

Activity: 207
Merit: 25

BITCOIN. BUY&HODL!

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:50:05 PM

Just one possible chart among a large number of unknowns.
It would be nice, though.
What's the trigger for such move?
Brexit?

BTW, why btc looks so shitty on US exchanges vs binance? There is more than $150 price difference.

today will be
the darkest hour is that before the dawn.. !!!!

BTC HODL!!!
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:53:20 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Liking this duet
I'm digging through oldish posts
digesting takes time

My own assumptions? "I'll never hit that wall because I keep my gameplay far from the sidelines." Taken to extremes: if I had infinite capital, I would not worry a bit.

If we had infinite capital, infinite time we would all be rich.
Capital is finite and time is finite. I don't know if it is better this way, but it surely so much more funny.

You're right fillippone, hence the worry (not without the occasional "fun", I must admit). 100x leverage doesn't make my capital "infinite" unless my position is under 1/100 of my play stash (and even then, nonlinearities and verlakkerijen ensue if said stash is within 2-3 orders of magnitude of the exchange's actual open interest). Nothing will make my time infinite (well, maybe a team in the goossens sense - but then, infinte team turnover becomes a necessity and we don't want to go there, do we). Both "stashes" are finite indeed - and both have hard upper bounds of sorts.

So I see your point, but you must admit my view has merit too.

You earlier said which is the "best" (only, actually) way of thinking.

If you are trading with linear assets there's no other other way to sum all of your positions and think about only as a SUM. the worst you can think is where you bought some corn and you have to sell it above that level to gain.

(  TL;DR +10 long, -1 short = +10 - 1 = +9 long  )
It might be the worse way in certain cases, but in my own case it made me real BTC. So where's the catch? Me not considering the positions as summable? If it's that, it's a powerful tool!

Your view is the best under certain assumptions: same instrument, closed at the same time, linear. Under others, (mainly: different time span) it isn't. Which doesn't imply the second view is better. It does become strictly better if you have infinite capital and time, and infinitely better if you also have perfect forward information. The option of removing dough from the table is a big help too, as it allows me to chicken out whenever I fancy. Agreed, it's a derivative play involving manual labor.

Summing up, my numbers say that even with finite resources, the "second" system can be put to work. And I'm pretty sure my own set of rules is not the only one that can produce statistical profit in waters such as those we are sailing atm. Maybe someone is able to formalize this in an orthodox way, or to make more sense somehow. You? Hairy? Marcus? V8? Any others?

#haiku
whiteboy420

Activity: 100
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:58:48 PM

nobody wants to protect the weekly candle ?
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:03:40 PM

Yeah TBH it’s his wife I feel for the most
My moms on Hospice, she has stage 4 COPD and Emphazema, I have a 9 year old daughter. I hate it for her the most. She has no life. We cannot ever just take a trip somewhere as she requires 24 hour care.. I agree I hate it for the wife. It is hard on the family that and bills begin to pile up. It gets really stressful. 

My definition of a vacation is camping or renting a cabin 20 min away from my house. I have to stay close enough in case of an emergency (She falls or something) i can go get her up. I have not been to see my dad 2000 miles away in almost 4 years. I have noone to help me. But I promised I would never put her in a home. So now my daughter and I have to suffer because of it.  I wish him  and his family the best of luck!

maybe 10 years ago my mother in law suffered from Alzheimers plus getting breast cancer treatments. along with some other health issues she was a real mess health wise, but would not go to a nursing home.  having had family in nursing homes in the past i can actually agree with that.

upshot was since she had a good chunk or money squirreled away she could afford private nurses and housekeeping so we set that up. that can burn though money pretty fast but it was her money (well we would of used our own if needed), so we also bought a bunch of stuff to make it safer.. power lift recliners, new lower bed with rails, grab bars, replace the kitchen/living room floors (possible trip hazard.. very minor but still take no chances), rebuilt the front door stairs and rails, well as disconnecting the stove. fire extinguishers in every room. i also installed several IP cams so that at any time we could see where she was in the house with very few exceptions. we also bought a "help ive fallen and cant get up" thing.. which she decided works best when the the pendent the button is on sits on the kitchen table where she cant reach it if shes fallen. i suggested if she was not going to wear it, she should at least keep it on the floor so at least she can crawl over to it if needed.

so yeah my wife and i planned our whole life around twice daily visits to her (more usually but minimum two.. its amazing how much mischief one can get into in a few hours). we could never go more than a half hour away. we did have others who could fill in in a pinch but she extremely set on us to do it.

i figure with the amount of stuff she did to raise, educate, and guide my wife through her childhood years the least we can do is provide is companionship, the best care medically as well as a home that is in good repair and safe, easy to monitor and the  while some of her wishes were pretty out there we did our best. she deserved it.

EDIT: is it just me or does it seem to others also that respect for the elderly has gone down the tubes lately

d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:04:50 PM

-snips contrived-
Yes, if we were machines.
But death also defines life
No feelings, no life

I owe you one.

And here it is. I'm clean of debt.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:09:16 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2019, 07:31:08 PM by d_eddie

after the Craig wright stalling is done, this being a civil case and all, can't he say the so-called trustees have run off
with the keys for the supposed satoshi tulip fund and simply declare bankruptcy?

Thus clearing his situation with the court and the Australian Tax Authorities....for whatever BSV or whatnot he has
managed to scam so far?

Seems to me that is his only out, if as most suspect, he has no 'last man standing' to access the so-called Tulip Fund
of the development coins of bitcoin until Jan 1st, 2020.

Only one problem with this: there isn't a Tulip Trust fund.

Oh, and about this hv_ tool. He is totally delusional and not worth quoting.

You're right. Usually when he's wrong on just 1 count I can let it slip, but being entirely wrong about everything forced me to respond. I would be best to put him on ignore.

And I would merit your post if I could but I am flush out for the moment. So have an honorary +1 WOmerit instead.

I, too, must thank Ross for actually buying the first time. Then I got addicted. No, not to the dangerous drugs.

+1 WOsMerit to Krubster from me too, and a boring one asap.
JL0

Activity: 817
Merit: 158

Bitcoin the Digital Gold

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:10:27 PM

50 SMA is falling, but the 200 SMA is rising so just wait and be ready  Grin
Cross is incoming
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:15:13 PM

Lambie said last time!
No more cheap corn, if his right.
Lets go to 5 dig.

Een uitlje knappen...
struck by lightning on Sunday...
Vegeta been heard?

Damn, that was Flemish...
What would it be in English?
Who's first to tell me.

*In Belgium its a saying*

Wow, 3 in a row
Tasty, and on a Sunday!
Practice makes perfect.

+1 WOsMerit
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:15:35 PM

Cross is incoming

like we didn't know
this already, trade and lose
suggestion dismissed
JL0

Activity: 817
Merit: 158

Bitcoin the Digital Gold

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:16:17 PM

Cross is incoming

like we did not know this already...
try and trade this a you'll lose .
Im not a TRADER
HODL  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 24873 24874 24875 24876 24877 24878 24879 24880 24881 24882 24883 24884 24885 24886 24887 24888 24889 24890 24891 24892 24893 24894 24895 24896 24897 24898 24899 24900 24901 24902 24903 24904 24905 24906 24907 24908 24909 24910 24911 24912 24913 24914 24915 24916 24917 24918 24919 24920 24921 24922 [24923] 24924 24925 24926 24927 24928 24929 24930 24931 24932 24933 24934 24935 24936 24937 24938 24939 24940 24941 24942 24943 24944 24945 24946 24947 24948 24949 24950 24951 24952 24953 24954 24955 24956 24957 24958 24959 24960 24961 24962 24963 24964 24965 24966 24967 24968 24969 24970 24971 24972 24973 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: