April 19, 2024, 04:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26011 26012 26013 26014 26015 26016 26017 26018 26019 26020 26021 26022 26023 26024 26025 26026 26027 26028 26029 26030 26031 26032 26033 26034 26035 26036 26037 26038 26039 26040 26041 26042 26043 26044 26045 26046 26047 26048 26049 26050 26051 26052 26053 26054 26055 26056 26057 26058 26059 26060 [26061] 26062 26063 26064 26065 26066 26067 26068 26069 26070 26071 26072 26073 26074 26075 26076 26077 26078 26079 26080 26081 26082 26083 26084 26085 26086 26087 26088 26089 26090 26091 26092 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 26098 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 ... 33277 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 09:54:02 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

@mindrust, I fully expect you to buy back at your capitulation price or better.
If you get the chance.

Nice to see you back.

Am also thinking the same thing... $4.2K, $4.5K and $4.8K (33% positions) would be a good spread to get yourself back in to (slightly less) than what you had before. If you don't want to try and "time to bottom" as it were, and simply get your position back if that's what you're hoping for. It's definitely what I'm considering if we close above $5.5K this week, not that you should follow my non-financial advise what-so-ever, I've been wrong enough this past month Tongue

I wish you the best either way, we've all been there. I panic sold in 2017 (when $6K went back down to $5K, before going to $20K), because I had previously got in at $5K before it went down to $3K so wanted to get out "break-even" and not risk having my money drop 40% again. In the end I had to get back in around $7.5K which sucked. Obviously this was completely different amidst the middle of a parabolic bull-run, and I think you'll be fine getting back in, but I feel your pain none the less.

At least now you will have stronger hands when you become a coiner again  Cool Better to have panic sold at $4.5K, with the likelihood of having the opportunity to get back in, then to have held on til some lower level and panic sold then. I think everyone should panic sell once, in order to learn from the mistake. Better now than later.

Gosh... I agree with a lot of what you are saying, yet I am not sure dragonvslinux.  

I agree that everyone has to make mistakes in order to solidly learn, but no serious bitcoiners should be playing around with all or nothing tactics, and any of us seriously recognizing the powerful fundamentals of bitcoin should be able to figure out ways to incrementally modify positions.  

Fuck, even selling 50% should be really sufficiently enough to recognize how powerful it is to play around like that, but people have a tendency to get greedy... (yeah, of course, they label it "scared," but it is really a kind of greed).

You're right, as per usual, nobody should be playing around with all or nothing, but this is the reality for a lot of people. From my perspective I only learn from my mistakes - therefore I had to panic sell once in order to learn. Glad I did it then to be honest, rather than in 2018 when Bitcoin broke $5K (and would of seen my money go from 4x to break-even again). Sure it would of seemed like a good idea at the time, but I'd be kicking myself in 2019 and would of likely panic bought at $10K+ as a response. So sure this isn't the same for everyone, but if you're someone who learn's from your mistakes, or needs to make them in order to learn (points at self), the experience will give you the stronger hands you'll need in the future. I am one of those people, I can't speak for mindrust or others but I know I'm not the only one who's like this.

To clarify I'm not suggesting anyone panic sell for the experience (it's gut wrenching stuff), but that if it's an inevitability for your learning process, due to your personality, then it's a needs must situation, hence "getting it out the way". Of course better money/risk management would be better than all or nothing for sure, no-one is doubting this rationality, but bare in mind many investors in the space have an "all or nothing" attitude that they will likely never shake off. When I'm in, I'm more or less all in, others I don't feel comfortable.

Reference: I'm 90% in and more than comfortable with that, any less than 80% I wouldn't be right now. I can't stand the thought of losing 20% of my money (see cap for fruther reference)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11960

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 09:56:06 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator
heslo

Activity: 1146
Merit: 930

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 09:57:10 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Another honest thought...

As much as we all hate Tone Vays, I believe he was right about one thing.

Shitcoins.

They are a huge part of the problem and nobody can do nothing about it. (anybody can create a shitcoin and scam others before going to zero) Without all of them going to zero, I think bitcoin will have serious problems, price-wise against the USD.

Maybe they'll go away this time...

Take a look at CMC's homepage and tell me what you see. I only see shit. (other than #1) And people trade and hodl these shits with the hopes of them becoming the new bitcoin. And there are hundreds of thousands of them.

No offense man but reading this makes it sound like you're upset that you sold all your coin and now you're bitter and looking for ways to justify your position. I totally understand why you did what you did (even if I don't agree) but the shitcoins have always been there as a distraction to serve to try to take $$$/BTC away from people. Just don't fall for those traps and you'll be fine
Basorexia

Activity: 181
Merit: 480

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 09:59:40 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Breakfast buffet at the hotel i'm staying at has been shut down due to Covid-19 fears.  What the hell am I gonna do without my morning toast and coffee?!  Okay guys, it's time to PANIC!

Buddy, check please your collectible toy.
I made it especiaaly for you.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5231731.msg54032061#msg54032061

P.S. I apologize for offtopic
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2406

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 09:59:56 AM

Shitcoins.

They are a huge part of the problem and nobody can do nothing about it. (anybody can create a shitcoin and scam others before going to zero) Without all of them going to zero, I think bitcoin will have serious problems, price-wise against the USD.

Take a look at CMC's homepage and tell me what you see. I only see shit. (other than #1) And people trade and hodl these shits with the hopes of them becoming the new bitcoin. And there are hundreds of thousands of them.

No offense man but reading this makes it sound like you're upset that you sold all your coin and now you're bitter and looking for ways to justify your position. I totally understand why you did what you did (even if I don't agree) but the shitcoins have always been there as a distraction to serve to try to take $$$/BTC away from people. Just don't fall for those traps and you'll be fine

There weren't always that many shitcoins. That's a fact. Their numbers are increasing with everynew day, that's a fact too. These aren't lies. Check CMC's historical snapshots and see it yourself.

I might be upset, I might be not. That's just how I feel and see it right now.
heslo

Activity: 1146
Merit: 930

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:10:07 AM

Shitcoins.

There weren't always that many shitcoins. That's a fact. Their numbers are increasing with everynew day, that's a fact too. These aren't lies. Check CMC's historical snapshots and see it yourself.

Of course there weren't... that's cos more and more people are realising they can get money from others easily by making a coin. The trick is to not buy those shitcoins all marketed on false promises and lies. There's a reason BTC has been around 10+ years and is still totally dominant in every metric
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:12:40 AM

mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2406

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:13:14 AM

Shitcoins.

Of course there weren't... that's cos more and more people are realising they can get money from others easily by making a coin. The trick is to not buy those shitcoins all marketed on false promises and lies. There's a reason BTC has been around 10+ years and is still totally dominant in every metric

People weren't supposed to elect Trump too. They did it anyway.  Not saying Hillary was better btw. They just didn't have a choice.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:39:06 AM
Merited by Globb0 (2), vapourminer (1), nutildah (1), Toxic2040 (1)

Just thinking of smoking some nice buds for a day while the world passes me by, lots of capacity available

bud?

the amount of bud reserve level i have is the 1st thing i check, and the 1st i top off when needed.

so.. plan is to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Nobody can claim that I didn't prepare for this lock down. Tongue

Anyway, it's like summer outside. The sea is calling for me.
Have a great Sunday brothers. Kiss
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 10:39:16 AM

Shitcoins.

The shitcoin virus started with changing Bitcoin s DNA, copy, forking, whatever

Nothing really is of need, just to make some central forkers, devs, ICO foundations rich
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:52:44 AM

You know, the little mini-market in my village is always packed with local stuff, so no.

On this occasion, I would only go to the hospital, just before my final breath.
Fear got the best of you too HM, sorry.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:56:27 AM

Breakfast buffet at the hotel i'm staying at has been shut down due to Covid-19 fears.  What the hell am I gonna do without my morning toast and coffee?!  Okay guys, it's time to PANIC!

wait. no coffee.

not sure that even has meaning, i cant really get my head around it.

coffee is so essential the furthest i can move before i need a cup of coffee, especially the 1st one, is about 100 feet. maybe. and i need to rest and have a smoke 1/2 way there.

this is bad.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 10:58:39 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Fear got the best of you too HM, sorry.

Italian coronavirus clinical guidelines:

“It may become necessary to establish an age limit for access to intensive care.”

Those who are too old to have a high likelihood of recovery, or who have too low a number of “life-years” left even if they should survive, would be left to die.”

In addition to age, doctors and nurses are also advised to take a patient’s overall state of health into account: “The presence of comorbidities needs to be carefully evaluated.”

These guidelines apply even to patients who require intensive care for reasons other than the coronavirus, because they too make demands on the same scarce medical resources. As the document clarifies, “These criteria apply to all patients in intensive care, not just those infected with CoVid-19.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/who-gets-hospital-bed/607807/

So don’t get in a car crash because you may just be left to die, even if it was otherwise survivable.  

Now tell me again that I am overly concerned.  
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:10:35 AM

https://www.khealth.ai/

Maybe something useful ....
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:24:32 AM

Daaaaamn Paashaas forgot something on his update...

Belgium all places like bars and resto's are closed, Holland they are still open...

So what happens, all the f*cked up dumb Belgians are going to the Netherlands to get there drinking in bars and restos and sh*t, little bit un responsible behavior  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:28:11 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Cryptotourist (1)

No one seems to care.
Covid not so innocent.
Suddenly we care.

We can still haiku? Or at least try....
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:32:43 AM

Belgium all places like bars and resto's are closed, Holland they are still open...

For reference sake, from where I'm based, they are only "closed" to the public, not contractors for example. Most restaurants remain open for takeaways (90%), chip shops and takeaway places seem to be completely ignoring the regulation (or unaffected by it) and are still welcoming in the public . The public seem to able to stand in these places, but not sit down (or consume food), or use the toilet to wash their hands (from the sink)  Roll Eyes Maybe the capital or Wallonia is bureaucratically different though.

So what happens, all the f*cked up dumb Belgians are going to the Netherlands to get there drinking in bars and restos and sh*t, little bit un responsible behavior  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Belgians are far from responsible, just look at the country - it's literally been torn in half! While most of the population can't even speak their own native languages and have to resort to English it's embarrassing. None of the lack of responsibility surprises me. That said, I hope your not a Flemmish nationalist otherwise I'm gonna get negged  Tongue

nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7909

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2020, 11:36:37 AM

Nobody can claim that I didn't prepare for this lock down. Tongue

Damn, that's a big ass cone! Challenge accepted.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:37:18 AM

For reference sake, they are only "closed" to the public, not contractors for example. Most restaurants remain open for takeaways (90%), chip shops and takeaway places seem to be completely ignoring the regulation (or unaffected by it) and are still welcoming in the public . The public seem to able to stand in these places, but not sit down (or consume food), or use the toilet to wash their hands (from the sink)  Roll Eyes

So what happens, all the f*cked up dumb Belgians are going to the Netherlands to get there drinking in bars and restos and sh*t, little bit un responsible behavior  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Belgians are far from responsible, just look at the country - it's literally been torn in half! While most of the population can't even speak their own native languages and have to resort to English it's embarrassing. None of the lack of responsibility surprises me. That said, I hope your not a Flemmish nationalist otherwise I'm gonna get negged  Tongue

The Dude is a hardcore Flemmish, please separate us from the French part  Kiss
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:41:26 AM
Merited by jbreher (1)

I think everyone should panic sell once, in order to learn from the mistake. Better now than later.

the panic sell option is a tickbox on everyones checklist. almost every one of us has hit that button at some time or other.

you kinda need the panic sell part to collect the full array of crypto experiences. so dont wait, collect them all!
Pages: « 1 ... 26011 26012 26013 26014 26015 26016 26017 26018 26019 26020 26021 26022 26023 26024 26025 26026 26027 26028 26029 26030 26031 26032 26033 26034 26035 26036 26037 26038 26039 26040 26041 26042 26043 26044 26045 26046 26047 26048 26049 26050 26051 26052 26053 26054 26055 26056 26057 26058 26059 26060 [26061] 26062 26063 26064 26065 26066 26067 26068 26069 26070 26071 26072 26073 26074 26075 26076 26077 26078 26079 26080 26081 26082 26083 26084 26085 26086 26087 26088 26089 26090 26091 26092 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 26098 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 ... 33277 »
  Print  

Jump to: