April 25, 2024, 01:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26790 26791 26792 26793 26794 26795 26796 26797 26798 26799 26800 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 26810 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 [26840] 26841 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 26851 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 26861 26862 26863 26864 26865 26866 26867 26868 26869 26870 26871 26872 26873 26874 26875 26876 26877 26878 26879 26880 26881 26882 26883 26884 26885 26886 26887 26888 26889 26890 ... 33299 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367479 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:36:10 AM

And yes, collusion between three miners is sufficient to amass 51% hashpower on the BSV network today. While such collusion on the BTC network would require the astronomically higher number of four.   Roll Eyes

Struggling with this one jb.

Calvin, Craig and the leading BSV dev makes three. Sure.
But four!? You mean pools?

I am just pointing out the implication of the pie charts posted to make some kind of point about mining. It's right there in black & whi... err... several colors. BSV: 3; BTC: 4. Maybe I shoulda used <sarc>astronomically higher</sarc>.

'The leading BSV dev' would be ... ?

Also there is that cost thingy...

Exactly. The beauty of the design satoshi devised is that it would cost the attackers more than they can possibly gain by attacking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:41:27 AM
Merited by JimboToronto (1), Paashaas (1), infofront (1)

twitter got twatted ... can't say i'm surprised or sympathetic.

the place has become a foul sewer, a weaponised industrial outrage machine, now dabbling in platform politics, only rivalled in it's deceptive cultural debauchery by the spook's spookbook and spoogle.

Jack should have stuck to his knitting, like the platform security for his 'clients' ...
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:42:00 AM

Sorry Icy but you've gone too far now. I've been researching this matter for many decades, and am convinced that B-cups are just too damn small. Nothing to get one's teeth into.

How the hell big is your mouth anyhoo?

Wait - is this Arthur?
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2774
Merit: 1787

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:47:58 AM

jbreher likes to pump them up too, I wonder why that is?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  He might want to chime his picnic bear ass into the mix, as well.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He tends to support centralization and trusted third partys for some unknown reason.
Makes me wonder sometimes why he supports bitcoin?

Examples would be helpful in buttressing your claim.

You support Coinbase and BSV, do I really need to add anything more than that?

Yes, you do. Coinbase as opposed to what? Binance? BitFinex?

BSV as opposed to what? BTC? From a fundamental analysis they are exactly as centralized as each other.

Kraken and Gemini

In what manner are Kraken or Gemini more decentralized than Coinbase?

Why do BSvers always try to redefine the definition of decentralization? Are there no arguments you can come up with that don't require redefining meaning of words?

What the fuck are you babbling about now? As you seem to be accusing me of redefining 'decentralization', perhaps you might be so kind as to provide me with your personal definition thereof.

Umm the decentralized part was referring to BTC vs your scamcoin, and not the exchanges. The exchanges were suggested as alternatives to Coinbase, seems like everyone got that part except for you.

Still waiting for your:
1) explanation of how Coinbase suffers more as being a trusted third party than is Kraken or Gemini; and
2) personal definition of 'decentralization', so we may continue this discussion in a rational manner.

Coinbase is [...]

The topic on the table, DaRude, is not the ways Coinbase is evil, with the sole exception of them being centralized and trusted third parties. Stick to the goddam topic, ya ninny.

As far as centralization, see, it's a common knowledge that BTC is more decentralized than BSv...

Lacking a common definition of 'decentralization', no. It is not 'common knowledge', as these aspects depend upon what the meaning of decentralization is.

Seeing as you are too pea-brained to even have a definition which allows your brain to classify things along a decentralization spectrum, I suggest that 'you're outta your element, Donnie', and you may as well forfeit the discussion.

jbreher you feeling alright?

Feeling just fine, thanks.

you were the one who put up the claim that some shitcoin,is as decentralized as BTC,

You mean BSV? Yes, from a purely technical (i.e., fundamental) viewpoint, BTC and BSV are as de/centralized as each other. As I have already explained upthread.

Again i don't see you backing up that claim, point to me where you're defining de/centralization and explaining what metrics you used to come to conclusion that BTC and BSv are equally decentralized? Stop wasting everyone's time
CryptoYar

Activity: 1064
Merit: 635

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:51:29 AM

Lol... state level hack or another bitcoin giveaway scam?
~snip~
Shocked
https://youtu.be/nkTfg--TSC8

https://mobile.twitter.com/winklevoss/status/1283493640287989760
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:54:50 AM

jbreher likes to pump them up too, I wonder why that is?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  He might want to chime his picnic bear ass into the mix, as well.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He tends to support centralization and trusted third partys for some unknown reason.

BSV as opposed to what? BTC? From a fundamental analysis they are exactly as centralized as each other.

Kraken and Gemini

Why do BSvers always try to redefine the definition of decentralization? Are there no arguments you can come up with that don't require redefining meaning of words?

What the fuck are you babbling about now? As you seem to be accusing me of redefining 'decentralization', perhaps you might be so kind as to provide me with your personal definition thereof.

Umm the decentralized part was referring to BTC vs your scamcoin, and not the exchanges. The exchanges were suggested as alternatives to Coinbase, seems like everyone got that part except for you.

Still waiting for your:
1) explanation of how Coinbase suffers more as being a trusted third party than is Kraken or Gemini; and
2) personal definition of 'decentralization', so we may continue this discussion in a rational manner.

Coinbase is [...]

The topic on the table, DaRude, is not the ways Coinbase is evil, with the sole exception of them being centralized and trusted third parties. Stick to the goddam topic, ya ninny.

As far as centralization, see, it's a common knowledge that BTC is more decentralized than BSv...

Lacking a common definition of 'decentralization', no. It is not 'common knowledge', as these aspects depend upon what the meaning of decentralization is.

Seeing as you are too pea-brained to even have a definition which allows your brain to classify things along a decentralization spectrum, I suggest that 'you're outta your element, Donnie', and you may as well forfeit the discussion.

you were the one who put up the claim that some shitcoin,is as decentralized as BTC,

You mean BSV? Yes, from a purely technical (i.e., fundamental) viewpoint, BTC and BSV are as de/centralized as each other. As I have already explained upthread.

Again i don't see you backing up that claim, point to me where you're defining de/centralization and explaining what metrics you used to come to conclusion that BTC and BSv are equally decentralized? Stop wasting everyone's time

As to the other topic somehow conflated in with the other. Yes, I understand that a good lot of you ascribe to the dogma that lotsa lotsa non-mining fully-validating clients equates to MOAR DECENTRALIZATION. Regardless of the relative amount of decentralization on any of a large number of other axes. And that lotsa lotsa minus one means that the entire system is in peril. You are of course wrong on both counts, but I get that all y'all think so. My point here is not to argue about that. It is to point out that your measure of centralization has fuck-all to do with any technical aspect of the coin/chain/client/code. It merely reflects the preferences of the market at this point in time, which is nothing more than the individual personal preferences of scads of individuals within the marketplace at this point in time.

Nevermind the fact that you were first to accuse me of 'redefining decentralization', when I in no way did such a thing.

Your turn. What is the definition of decentralization to which you adhere, DaRude? Hmmm?
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:03:46 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

twitter got twatted ... can't say i'm surprised or sympathetic.

the place has become a foul sewer, a weaponised industrial outrage machine, now dabbling in platform politics, only rivalled in it's deceptive cultural debauchery by the spook's spookbook and spoogle.

Jack should have stuck to his knitting, like the platform security for his 'clients' ...

this is quite poetic Marcus...im surprised somehow

+1 WOsMerit

As I stated above..I like Jack..he at least seems to try..and that is all one can ask. However, you are correct...twitter is a cess pool for the most part..everyone is so polarised and wants to be heard...not much listening going on imo.

------

Your turn.

What is your point? I am sorry but I can never really seem to figure that out..

meh..let us just skip to the climax shall we?

FTFY picnic bear...clear enough?    Grin
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2774
Merit: 1787

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:05:21 AM

Kraken and Gemini

Still waiting for your:

Coinbase is [...]

As to the other topic somehow conflated in with the other. Yes, I understand that a good lot of you ascribe to the dogma that lotsa lotsa non-mining fully-validating clients equates to MOAR DECENTRALIZATION. Regardless of the relative amount of decentralization on any of a large number of other axes. And that lotsa lotsa minus one means that the entire system is in peril. You are of course wrong on both counts, but I get that all y'all think so. My point here is not to argue about that. It is to point out that your measure of centralization has fuck-all to do with any technical aspect of the coin/chain/client/code. It merely reflects the preferences of the market at this point in time, which is nothing more than the individual personal preferences of scads of individuals within the marketplace at this point in time.

Nevermind the fact that you were first to accuse me of 'redefining decentralization', when I in no way did such a thing.

Your turn. What is the definition of decentralization to which you adhere, DaRude? Hmmm?

Riiiight, that's just you bitching about nodes, still not seeing you defining decentralization, and criteria that you used to come to conclusion that BTC and BSv are as decentralized? Surely you're not just putting out claims without backing them up  Roll Eyes
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:23:27 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (4)

Wow, I missed this one. Guess I have been focusing elsewhere lately.

As of June 1st, the sale and purchase of Bitcoin is now fully regulated by the Government of Canada as a Money Service Business activity under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA).

Source comes from Bitcoinbull exchange email that I happened to see today.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:51:22 AM

Somebody who hacked the most important social platform in the world only wants Bitcoin not shitcoins.

No way someone that could gain that type of access was only scamming BTC. Is this a cover for something much bigger?

Oh well, free advertising is always nice i guess.
Dorodha

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:49:18 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2020, 05:17:40 AM by Dorodha
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Somebody who hacked the most important social platform in the world only wants Bitcoin not shitcoins.

No way someone that could gain that type of access was only scamming BTC. Is this a cover for something much bigger?

I accept as true with you that hacking on social media are often for the other purpose, those that have hacked must have done it for a purpose just to frighten people otherwise they need to allow you to know that bitcoin is far more powerful. However, during this case, Bitcoin has been ready to gain far more popularity because Bitcoin is far stronger.

List of hacked Twitter users:

- Apple
- Elon Musk
- Bloomberg
- Cashapp
- Jeff Bezos
- Bill Gates
- Uber
- Tron
- Justin Sun
- Bitcoin
- Coinbase
- Binance  
- Gemini
- Coindesk
- Charlee Lee
- Joe Biden
- Barack Obama
and more.....

Also Bitcoin Vs Twitter trending topic now.
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 05:05:20 AM

Ofcourse, this is a very big advertisement for BTCitcoin. But, I'm afraid that it might throw more negativity towards it  Undecided

Just for fun.
https://twitter.com/Cryptanzee/status/1283538246635380736
-CryptoViking-

Activity: 378
Merit: 335

https://t.me/CRYPTOVlKING

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 05:25:41 AM

Ofcourse, this is a very big advertisement for BTCitcoin. But, I'm afraid that it might throw more negativity towards it  Undecided

Just for fun.
https://twitter.com/Cryptanzee/status/1283538246635380736

I don't see this throwing negativity over BTC , do people say $ is shit when someone robs a bank?  Grin  It is a free advertisement as stated above, things are happening around BTC and this shows at what lenghts people are willing to go to get more BTC. If anything that shows how powerful and valued BTC is Cheesy

Twitter will take the flak for this one as they should.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 05:33:14 AM

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 05:51:05 AM

wasn't sure that I really saw what i saw, so had to google Tovush/Tavush.
yep...shelling or BM-21 Grad.
Dorodha

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 06:12:12 AM

Google are not always provide accurate result particularly map preview.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7940

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 06:25:06 AM

Riiiight, that's just you bitching about nodes, still not seeing you defining decentralization, and criteria that you used to come to conclusion that BTC and BSv are as decentralized? Surely you're not just putting out claims without backing them up  Roll Eyes

Whenever breher is wrong about something (which is often), he just changes the definition of the word he is talking about to something completely irrelevant to the crux of the discussion. My favorite example is when he talks about how BSV can't be a scam because its just an agnostic piece of software, and Faketoshi isn't the same thing as BSV, then goes on to regurgitate CSW talking points in defense of why BSV is so great.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 06:53:28 AM

I'm thinking August... probably August, yeah.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4134

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 07:21:39 AM

FWIW, what I think jbreher is saying, is that BTC and BSV can both potentially be equally decentralized. In other words, the algorithms themselves allow for the same amount of decentralization.

However, BTC is currently far more popular/dominant than BSV, and this currently gives it a higher amount of decentralization. But this is not due to the algorithm itself, but due to popularity/dominance, which could potentially change in the future.

Well, I don't believe it will, for several reasons which have been discussed many times here in WO, but that's essentially what jbreher is saying.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 08:31:14 AM

3 years ago: crashed to $1830.
Pages: « 1 ... 26790 26791 26792 26793 26794 26795 26796 26797 26798 26799 26800 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 26810 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 [26840] 26841 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 26851 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 26861 26862 26863 26864 26865 26866 26867 26868 26869 26870 26871 26872 26873 26874 26875 26876 26877 26878 26879 26880 26881 26882 26883 26884 26885 26886 26887 26888 26889 26890 ... 33299 »
  Print  

Jump to: