April 25, 2024, 04:17:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27163 27164 27165 27166 27167 27168 27169 27170 27171 27172 27173 27174 27175 27176 27177 27178 27179 27180 27181 27182 27183 27184 27185 27186 27187 27188 27189 27190 27191 27192 27193 27194 27195 27196 27197 27198 27199 27200 27201 27202 27203 27204 27205 27206 27207 27208 27209 27210 27211 27212 [27213] 27214 27215 27216 27217 27218 27219 27220 27221 27222 27223 27224 27225 27226 27227 27228 27229 27230 27231 27232 27233 27234 27235 27236 27237 27238 27239 27240 27241 27242 27243 27244 27245 27246 27247 27248 27249 27250 27251 27252 27253 27254 27255 27256 27257 27258 27259 27260 27261 27262 27263 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367527 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 03:57:31 PM

Canada's central bank has sold off 1,000+ tons of gold reserves over the past fifty years, buying mainly US dollars, while an ounce of gold has gone from $35 to $1900.

You'll be delighted & flattered to hear these clowns think bitcoiners are not financially literate!

https://twitter.com/saifedean/status/1313842600407969796?s=20

Well colour me financial illiterati!  Never mind X2, I'm X10

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7764

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 04:04:02 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Up a little this morning... currently $10920USD/$14444CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

A step in the right direction. Go Bitcoin go.
_____

Got lucky with Hurricane Delta. It downgraded to category 2 before making landfall and thus caused much less damage than anticipated.

No fatalities nor even any injuries have been reported and all reports are that damage has been minimal... mostly toppled trees and wires in our general area.

It will probably be another couple of days before power and internet are restored and we can find out how we fared. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

What a year!

Well some good news just a 2. Be safe.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11988

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 04:05:47 PM

When Decoupling??

Mmmm it will happen
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 04:42:38 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2020, 04:55:45 PM by Millionero
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), soullyG (1)

https://www.bitstamp.net/s/documents/institutional-marketing-insights.pdf

edit:  for some reason that link doesn't work.  you have to use this one
https://www.bitstamp.net/institutional-trading/?utm_source=press_release&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=Bytetree_Report

and give them an email address.

But the report is worth reading.
Check out their Miner's Rolling Inventory (MRI) indicator.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 05:00:48 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/covid-19-unrestricted-bioweapon-whistleblower-releases-second-paper-alleging-large-scale

Covid-19 ... Unrestricted bioweapon designed to maximise bioterror and disruption, limited lethality. Likely intentionally released by Chinese Communist Party who have fabricated evidence in global genomic databases to conceal it's laboratory origin ... and other fraudulent behaviour, destroying samples, data, etc.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 05:02:59 PM
Merited by strawbs (3), 600watt (2), Paashaas (1), jojo69 (1), Karartma1 (1), Last of the V8s (1), OutOfMemory (1)

also not suggesting that we should not try to treat animals more ethically or that we shouldn't try to preserve nature where it still exists. all this is important but we cannot escape "our" nature - which is to create our own environment globally.

+1 WOsMerit

Check this out = David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet

It's on netflix and probably a few other places. He started by saying "we have to fix this, or else." something like that.

+1 WOsMerit

I've seen it yesterday, it was breath taking and frightening at the same time a true eye opener. This is a must watch for everyone.

Nature must be protected at all costs for the future of humanity because by protecting it we protect ourselves.

Unfortunately we will continue destroying Earth's biodiversity/deforestation/over fishing-farming/polution and add climate change to the mix is a recipie for complete disaster ore even extinction. Some previous extintion evens took millions of years however the next one may happen in just 100 years. (Paashaas claps his hands)

There are some successes here and there but it might be to late for that, the money system does not allow us to fix it, in fact most problems in this world and our lifestyle is caused by it.

If we fix the fiat system than we'll fix a lot of problems, this is why Bitcoin is so important. Bitcoin is the total package in terms of the redistribution of wealth/power and to restore nature, it is (imo) one of the -if not- the most important invention of oure life-time.

+1 WOsMerit

--------

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Up a little this morning... currently $10920USD/$14444CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

A step in the right direction. Go Bitcoin go.
_____

Got lucky with Hurricane Delta. It downgraded to category 2 before making landfall and thus caused much less damage than anticipated.

No fatalities nor even any injuries have been reported and all reports are that damage has been minimal... mostly toppled trees and wires in our general area.

It will probably be another couple of days before power and internet are restored and we can find out how we fared. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

What a year!

+1 WOsMerit

Some good news..lets hope your haciendas remains unscathed Jimbo. Nothing like worrying over a place or thing where you cant get any info. Hopefully the blackout lifts soon. Lo mejor de las suertes.

-------

/repeated rant on

I watched as a young child as my parents marched in the 60's for civil rights and to end regime change wars. I watched them march in the 70's over gas shortages engineered by nation states and big oil companies. These entities operating with complete disregard towards environmental consequences and without a ounce of moral decency.

They carried this fight into my adulthood in the 80's and 90's where I picked up their cry and joined in protesting and being 'green' as we know it now, before it was even really a thing. Somewhere in the back of my mind this thought that they would live to see the changes we had all dreamed of.

The dream of not passing on this continued criminal neglect and destruction of our Planet.

My parents are gone now and I am left with carrying on the fight as best as I am able. Teaching my children as I was taught as best I can.

That this Earth we call home is it.

There is literally no other place to go...and why would we? As much as I advocate a colony on Mars and for humanity to expand into the final frontier of space we need to take care of  our own backyard first.

Saying that, it doesnt have to be one or the other..it can and should be both...and more.

We are capable of so much...and we have more than enough resources AND production facilities for everyone. Many times over if we take a responsible long term custodial approach to this amazingly beautiful place we live on.

I have been lucky enough to travel some..and I can tell you I have wept with joy and wonder at the shear awesomeness that is Mother Nature. The grand vistas and profusion of life that abound throughout multiple ecosystems.

Our Mother is hurting now...and it is past time for change.  

In my lifetime I have seen the gradual changes that are now increasing more rapidly. Event piling on event in cascade towards a future where life as we know it might not be possible on the surface of our planet anymore.

I am sick and tired of it. It has to change. I am unwilling to keep passing this off to the next generation.

We have to act now..before its too late.

/repeated rant off

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 05:28:49 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

[...]
Disclaimer: Poster currently has 91% of wealth invested into crypto (75% of which is in Bitcoin). Assume a perma-bull bias.

Don’t you worry, that 75% will be close to 100% soon. No need to do anything.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 05:42:57 PM

There is literally no other place to go...and why would we? As much as I advocate a colony on Mars and for humanity to expand into the final frontier of space we need to take care of  our own backyard first.

Why should insapient talking monkeys be permitted to foul up another planet?

Robots, faster!  Please!  This “humanity”, it wants to metastasize.

inb4, etc., etc.:  The difference between right-wing conservationism and left-wing environmentalism is that conservationists are sincerely worried about their grandchildren—I mean, as something deeper than a sound bite.  “Posterity” is a word not in the vocabulary of those who seek “sustainability” by embracing a culture that is inimical to having heirs, whilst using palaver about Mother Earth as yet another vector to agitate for full-blown International Communism.

(Not talking about Toxic here, either way.  Just clarifying as to myself.  For others, if the shoe fits, wear it.)

Yes, Earth is fantastically, unbelievably overloaded past its carrying capacity, and has so been for a long time now.  No, that cannot go on forever.  And the problem is not exactly helped by taxing productive people so that they cannot afford to have children even at replacement level or modest growth, and using their money to buy food and medical care for people who breed uncontrollably—both in their own countries, and around the world.  That is just one example of the type of grim, undesirable, and quite unavoidable reality that you will not hear Greta Thunberg speaking about honestly.

Abolishing the income tax is an environmental cause!  Do it for Mother Earth!  The global population will implode overnight.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 05:54:33 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2020, 06:05:27 PM by Last of the V8s
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), 600watt (1)

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attorney-general-william-p-barr-announces-publication-cryptocurrency-enforcement-framework

“The United States has been enormously successful blocking terrorists, rogue regimes, and their supporters from funding their activity using traditional currencies,” said Task Force member John C. Demers, Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division.  “As the Cryptocurrency Enforcement Framework explains, we will adapt our strategy and tools to 21st century financing, including to combat the use of cryptocurrencies to evade enforcement and harm our national security.”

plus a further 83 pages, linked at bottom

terrific lot of wank to wade through  Roll Eyes

On the other hand, in addition to the substantial public safety and national security concerns discussed in this Framework, critics of cryptocurrency have raised questions about its supposed benefits. For example, certain critics contend that cryptocurrency could, if widely adopted, reduce the ability of national governments to regulate their economies through monetary policy.

duh

edited
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 06:02:51 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attorney-general-william-p-barr-announces-publication-cryptocurrency-enforcement-framework

“The United States has been enormously successful blocking funding terrorists, rogue regimes, and their supporters from funding their activity using traditional currencies,” said Task Force member John C. Demers, Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division.  “As the Cryptocurrency Enforcement Framework explains, we will adapt our strategy and tools to 21st century financing, including to combat further the use of cryptocurrencies to evade enforcement and harm our national security.”

Now it seems more believable.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 06:29:01 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2020, 06:53:43 PM by nullius

“The United States has been enormously successful blocking terrorists, rogue regimes, and their supporters from funding their activity using traditional currencies,” said Task Force member John C. Demers, Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division.  “As the Cryptocurrency Enforcement Framework explains, we will adapt our strategy and tools to 21st century financing, including to combat the use of cryptocurrencies to evade enforcement and harm our national security.”

Wait a minute.  Aren’t those the same “mujahidin” fighting against a Syrian government that America hates?  And aren’t “al-Qaeda-Affiliated [Groups]” what Soleimani was fighting to suppress in Iraq?  And...?

The Americans doth protest too much, methinks.

On the other hand, in addition to the substantial public safety and national security concerns discussed in this Framework, critics of cryptocurrency have raised questions about its supposed benefits. For example, certain critics contend that cryptocurrency could, if widely adopted, reduce the ability of national governments to regulate their economies through monetary policy.

duh

That’s a feature, not a bug.

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY.
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Just for instance, look up what happened to Ngô Đình Diệm for an exemplary illustration of America’s long and sordid history of creating problems, and then pretending to fight them.  The CIA set Vietnam up for a total Communist takeover with Diệm’s unfortunate demise—and then, of course, the valiant American world-police had to make war on Communism in Vietnam!  A war that was deliberately set up, and deliberately set up to be unwinnable.

Just for instance.

“WAR IS PEACE”, indeed.

Learn a lesson from Diệm—or from Saddam Hussein and from the Kurds in Iraq who rebelled against Saddam in ’91—or any other of numerous examples of people who met their demises through American treachery:

Never trust the Americans.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 06:51:51 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2020, 08:21:28 PM by Last of the V8s
Merited by philipma1957 (2)

bitcoin is mentioned 93 times in that report
ethereum not once
"feds don't regulate Tonka toys"

edit: further, some interesting stuff about privacy shitcoins and bitcoin privacy tech
plus
@joe007

chipmixer folks need to ponder this ^
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 07:04:50 PM

/repeated rant on

I watched as a young child as my parents marched in the 60's for civil rights and to end regime change wars. I watched them march in the 70's over gas shortages engineered by nation states and big oil companies. These entities operating with complete disregard towards environmental consequences and without a ounce of moral decency.

They carried this fight into my adulthood in the 80's and 90's where I picked up their cry and joined in protesting and being 'green' as we know it now, before it was even really a thing. Somewhere in the back of my mind this thought that they would live to see the changes we had all dreamed of.

The dream of not passing on this continued criminal neglect and destruction of our Planet.

My parents are gone now and I am left with carrying on the fight as best as I am able. Teaching my children as I was taught as best I can.

Saying that, it doesnt have to be one or the other..it can and should be both...and more.

We are capable of so much...and we have more than enough resources AND production facilities for everyone. Many times over if we take a responsible long term custodial approach to this amazingly beautiful place we live on.

I have been lucky enough to travel some..and I can tell you I have wept with joy and wonder at the shear awesomeness that is Mother Nature. The grand vistas and profusion of life that abound throughout multiple ecosystems.

In my lifetime I have seen the gradual changes that are now increasing more rapidly. Event piling on event in cascade towards a future where life as we know it might not be possible on the surface of our planet anymore.

I am sick and tired of it. It has to change. I am unwilling to keep passing this off to the next generation.

/repeated rant off

i don't think greatness of nature is in danger. the ability to support humankind is. we will have to rely on technology I am afraid.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 07:09:21 PM

/repeated rant on

/repeated rant off

i don't think greatness of nature is in danger. the ability to support humankind is. we will have to rely on technology I am afraid.

Look at the charts.  Human population is clearly in a bubble, and arguably at a blow off top.  Nothing but shorting going on from here and the sun will take care of that if we don't self-annihilate fast enough.  Bitcoin has a 4 year cycle, the sun has 12ka cycle, and it's time!
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 07:55:03 PM

the noon wall report

#dyor

kitteh has both ears perked up
1h

raise periscope...flood tubes one and three
4h

#stronghands
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 09:00:42 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2023, 01:29:30 PM by dragonvslinux

the noon wall report

#dyor

kitteh has both ears perked up
1h

raise periscope...flood tubes one and three
4h

#stronghands

If you're short you're doing it wrong? Is that the general gist of things? I already know the answer  Cheesy

$12K coming up next then? Looks that way for now...
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 09:11:52 PM

I see a crocodile wearing a snorkle, prepare for submersion
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11988

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 09:22:14 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I see a crocodile wearing a snorkle, prepare for submersion

Don’t watch crocodiles, don’t be a broke dummy.... Buy BTC on the cheap  Kiss
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 09:36:38 PM

https://bitcointreasuries.org
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 09:37:46 PM

Uh nobody talking about square buying 50 million $ worth of BTC and making a whitepaper how every other company can do the same?  Grin

https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1314191887524401164

square whitepaper: https://images.ctfassets.net/2d5q1td6cyxq/5sXNrlEh2mEnTvvhgtYOm2/737bcfdc15e2a1c3cbd9b9451710ce54/Square_Inc._Bitcoin_Investment_Whitepaper.pdf

/edit

nvm wasnt the first Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 27163 27164 27165 27166 27167 27168 27169 27170 27171 27172 27173 27174 27175 27176 27177 27178 27179 27180 27181 27182 27183 27184 27185 27186 27187 27188 27189 27190 27191 27192 27193 27194 27195 27196 27197 27198 27199 27200 27201 27202 27203 27204 27205 27206 27207 27208 27209 27210 27211 27212 [27213] 27214 27215 27216 27217 27218 27219 27220 27221 27222 27223 27224 27225 27226 27227 27228 27229 27230 27231 27232 27233 27234 27235 27236 27237 27238 27239 27240 27241 27242 27243 27244 27245 27246 27247 27248 27249 27250 27251 27252 27253 27254 27255 27256 27257 27258 27259 27260 27261 27262 27263 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: