April 19, 2024, 10:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27468 27469 27470 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 [27518] 27519 27520 27521 27522 27523 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 ... 33281 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364557 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 06:03:05 PM

Gentz, I know we have spent years plotting things like the 100k party, but I have had my mind on another festivity for WO's to participate in......

This could be done either in groups or individually......

Its something I think deep down you all want to do, whether you will admit it or not......

Something that with the right WO hand sign in the right pic could have legendary implications that resonate across the Bitcoin universe......

A trend that could result in the unfortunate(but still worthwhile) extinction of several species of mammals.....

What I am proposing is for some noble WO member to travel deep into the heart of Carolina and......

KILL A BEAR
Shocked(then flash the WO hand sign in a pic Grin)

https://www.carolinasportsman.com/features/do-it-yourself-carolina-bear-hunting/

We could even have a small BTC bounty and whoever kills the bear w the WO sign first then other members would send a donation to their address as a token of appreciation. I certainly would make a donation if someone beats me to the first kill.  Cheesy

So you're trying to say bear hunting season is not yet over?  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
True Myth

Activity: 315
Merit: 213

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:05:54 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2020, 06:19:19 PM by True Myth
Merited by vapourminer (2), philipma1957 (1), JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1), rolling (1)

t is the ultimate marshmallow challenge.  Many of us have lowered our time preference so much we are just not going to let go of much even when it does go up quite a bit.

For me personally the formula revolves around comfortable retirement and a little diversification into property.  I just don't want to spend much money on stupid shit, or even living large.  And I am acutely aware that the longer I wait the more I will be left with in the end.

That is where the real crux is, in my opinion.  Where that point is for each whale/minnow.

You sir, are very wise.

Anyone not following a similar recommendation/approach is going to end up with massive regrets before they die.

I see so many here joking about blowing their bitcoin "winnings" on fancy cars, frivolous shit and such, and inwardly I know some of them aren't really joking.

In recent years I've come to fully believe and trust in "the pursuit of happiness".  It sounds cliché but, it is the best compass for an individual's life decisions... in my opinion.

This obviously looks different for everyone.  For some folks, the thought of having a stash of inheritance for their kids, or family, really fulfills their hopes and desires for their life.  They choose to save and be frugal and invest in other activities in their life (even if they have the money to do other "cooler" things).

For others the thought of blowing cocaine off of expensive hookers ass's while they are passed out on one of their lambos could be described as their happiness.

For many (most) others our happiness lies somewhere in between but, shifts back and forth during our life cycle.

The toughest part about finding your "happiness compass" is laying down all of the social, family, and cultural pressures that are bestowed upon you.  Be a little selfish and dig down deep. Think about what you really want and what makes you truly happy .  Don't do things to make others happy or obtain their expectations of you... you will end up being bitter and resenting them or yourself.

This all sounds a little cliché but, since I have embraced this fully, I've never regretted a single life decision from that point on and I am far and above happier than I've ever been in my life before.  I've made some REALLY tough decisions over the years many of which affected my immediate family and friends.  However, assuming I have 10 seconds of thoughts prior to my last breathe, I can leave this world knowing that all is well and I've got no regrets.

*steps off soap box*
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:06:07 PM
Merited by Torque (1)

t is the ultimate marshmallow challenge.  Many of us have lowered our time preference so much we are just not going to let go of much even when it does go up quite a bit.

For me personally the formula revolves around comfortable retirement and a little diversification into property.  I just don't want to spend much money on stupid shit, or even living large.  And I am acutely aware that the longer I wait the more I will be left with in the end.

That is where the real crux is, in my opinion.  Where that point is for each whale/minnow.

You sir, are very wise.

Anyone not following a similar recommendation/approach is going to end up with massive regrets before they die.

I see so many here joking about blowing their bitcoin "winnings" on fancy cars, frivolous shit and such, and inwardly I know some of them aren't really joking.
You know what they say ‘Youth is wasted on the young’ by the time we have the mental clarity to appreciate our actions and the long term effect they have on our lives we already missed those opportunities and they are way behind us.

It is natural to be excited about bitcoin and its potential and to want to have an endless party with our earnings when we are young but it is only when you are older when you realize that such thing is simply not worth it, one of those frivolous things are fancy cars, lambos as the community call them, even if they have no intention to buy specifically a Lamborghini, but why do we need one? Who are we trying to impress? It is way better to not focus ourselves in medium maximization and to focus on how we can use that medium to actually achieve happiness.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:08:13 PM

Saylor:

You don't have to invest all your money in #Bitcoin, just the money you want to keep.

https://t.co/bQjYkvRa1S

Haha, I love this guy.

That is a great quote.

I could not find the quote in that article, but I did find the quote in Saylor's tweet in which he referenced that Medium article.

Here's the link:  https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1333825940573593600
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:14:45 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/pizza-hut-accept-bitcoin-ethereum-pies-venezuela

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:20:20 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), AlcoHoDL (1), strawbs (1)

t is the ultimate marshmallow challenge.  Many of us have lowered our time preference so much we are just not going to let go of much even when it does go up quite a bit.

For me personally the formula revolves around comfortable retirement and a little diversification into property.  I just don't want to spend much money on stupid shit, or even living large.  And I am acutely aware that the longer I wait the more I will be left with in the end.

That is where the real crux is, in my opinion.  Where that point is for each whale/minnow.

You sir, are very wise.

You know what they say ‘Youth is wasted on the young’ by the time we have the mental clarity to appreciate our actions and the long term effect they have on our lives we already missed those opportunities and they are way behind us.

It is natural to be excited about bitcoin and its potential and to want to have an endless party with our earnings when we are young but it is only when you are older when you realize that such thing is simply not worth it, one of those frivolous things are fancy cars, lambos as the community call them, even if they have no intention to buy specifically a Lamborghini, but why do we need one? Who are we trying to impress? It is way better to not focus ourselves in medium maximization and to focus on how we can use that medium to actually achieve happiness.

Before 2010, I used to buy cars that were 3 years old or so, and that way they had mostly depreciated... but I had a kind of emergency situation with my car (that was then getting to be over 10 years old), and I decided to look at new cars - which then led me to luxury cars (not high end luxury, but higher up on the totem pole of what I had been buying previously).

I had already gone through stages of my life of building a pretty decent investment portfolio, and I had already gotten to the point that I could have just paid for the new car in cash, if I had chosen such.... so I thought why not treat myself.. and I have never regretted buying the luxury car and to have something that is nicer than what the average person drives and also nicer than what I had previously grown accustom..

I guess my point is that sometimes it is nice to treat yourself, especially if you have already invested for a long time and also engaged in frugality for a long time and delayed gratification.

By the way, I do know some older people (for OPsec reasons) I won't mention relations who likely do not have a lot of years left in them, but they still live nearly as frugal as they did when they were in their 20s, 30s and 40s.. and at some point, it seems that these more elderly people should be living it up a bit more.. just thinking out loud.. but sure, each person has to decide those spending, versus investing, versus consumption points versus frugality  for themselves, and sure I agree that sometimes it can feel pretty good to get a value meal.. or to save $10 by eating a round steak rather than a T-bone.. but sometimes it is also better to live it up a bit on some luxury goods, whether we are talking about hookers, lambos and blow or some other luxury goods.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:22:16 PM

Saylor:

You don't have to invest all your money in #Bitcoin, just the money you want to keep.

https://t.co/bQjYkvRa1S

Haha, I love this guy.

That is a great quote.

I could not find the quote in that article, but I did find the quote in Saylor's tweet in which he referenced that Medium article.

Here's the link:  https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1333825940573593600

Apologies, the link came with copying the Tweet text. I did not know the link was to a Medium article instead of the Tweet itself.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:33:03 PM

https://www.newsweek.com/hungarian-politician-anti-lgbtqi-party-caught-orgy-brussels-1551424

József Szájer been waving around with his Political Immunity to not be arrested  Grin Grin

lmfao
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 06:58:06 PM
Merited by strawbs (1)

Regarding frugality: once you go frugal, it is difficult to come back...everything looks darn expensive, causing buyer's remorse.
On the other hand, giving descendants a 50-100 year rein in luxury-why bother? Nothing productive comes out of it, typically.

On hunting: I am OK with rifle hunting small game, not so regarding bears and even wolves: you want to hunt them, fine, get some knives and maybe a spear and do it mano a mano.
want to hunt elephants.....foook YOU!
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2089
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:05:29 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-11-29/bitcoin-and-china-are-winning-the-covid-19-monetary-revolution

Financial journalists, too, are capitulating: On Tuesday, the Financial Times’s Izabella Kaminska, a long-time cryptocurrency skeptic, conceded that Bitcoin had a valid use-case as a hedge against a dystopian future “in which the world slips towards authoritarianism and civil liberties cannot be taken for granted.” She is on to something there, as we shall see.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:15:39 PM

Think about what you really want and what makes you truly happy .

To not die; to not age; to experience continuous growth (not in the pituitary gland/gigantism way...)

Don't do things to make others happy

Each to their own, but that sounds FU.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:26:07 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-11-29/bitcoin-and-china-are-winning-the-covid-19-monetary-revolution

Financial journalists, too, are capitulating: On Tuesday, the Financial Times’s Izabella Kaminska, a long-time cryptocurrency skeptic, conceded that Bitcoin had a valid use-case as a hedge against a dystopian future “in which the world slips towards authoritarianism and civil liberties cannot be taken for granted.” She is on to something there, as we shall see.

Always had a soft spot for Niall. He was originally a sceptic, but I think his daughter bought in and convinced him to reanalyse his opinion.

Also, the swipe at Kaminska Grin
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:28:39 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

To not die; to not age; to experience continuous growth (not in the pituitary gland/gigantism way...)

I think what he meant was to not be a "people pleaser".  Someone who uses the motivation of fulfilling the assumed expectations of others as a prime motivating force.  I think this is very different than being selfless, generous or sacrificial for others.  It is more about getting approval from others by means of performance.

I personally know a lot about this flaw. Wink
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7723

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2020, 07:37:15 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

I think what he meant was to not be a "people pleaser".  Someone who uses the motivation of fulfilling the assumed expectations of others as a prime motivating force.  I think this is very different than being selfless, generous or sacrificial for others.  It is more about getting approval from others by means of performance.

I personally know a lot about this flaw. Wink

I like making some people happy. 
But I have learned making most people happy is simply too hard to do.
So I pick and choose whom to please and when to do so.

At 63 I am older then a lot of people on this thread.

BTC making me millions is nice if it ever does.
But I value a lot of other things in life more than millions or even billions in BTC.

Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2089
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:38:00 PM

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-55148998

China's Chang'e-5 Moon mission probe touches down

The lander is expected to spend the next couple of days examining its surroundings and gathering up surface materials.

It has a number of instruments to facilitate this, including a camera, spectrometer, radar, a scoop and a drill.

The intention is to package about 2kg of "soil", or regolith, to send up to an orbiting vehicle that can then transport the samples to Earth.

It's 44 years since this was last achieved. That was the Soviet Luna 24 mission, which picked up just under 200g.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:41:27 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

the noon wall report at 11:41am

a little double top and a helicopter recovery off a new all time high bitcoin is currently trading at just under $19k

steady as she goes

#dyor

1h

4h

#stronghands
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4127

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:43:00 PM

You sir, are very wise.

Except it wasn't Wekkel that said this, it wad cAPSLOCK...

Wise words nonetheless...
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4127

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:50:00 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

Regarding frugality: once you go frugal, it is difficult to come back...everything looks darn expensive, causing buyer's remorse.
On the other hand, giving descendants a 50-100 year rein in luxury-why bother? Nothing productive comes out of it, typically.

As for how much to pass on to your kids, Warren Buffett once offered a good rule of thumb: the perfect amount to leave to your kids, he told Fortune in 1986, is "enough money so that they would feel they could do anything, but not so much that they could do nothing."

Source: CNBC Make It
Biodom
Legendary

Merit: 3836

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 07:56:06 PM

As for how much to pass on to your kids, Warren Buffett once offered a good rule of thumb: the perfect amount to leave to your kids, he told Fortune in 1986, is "enough money so that they would feel they could do anything, but not so much that they could do nothing."

Source: CNBC Make It

That's very nice and I agree.
As a side note; for some kids what is ""enough money so that they would feel they could do anything" is actually "enough to do nothing", but i digress.
Typically, though, $1 mil will probably be about right.
True Myth

Activity: 315
Merit: 213

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 08:01:23 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

You could try vampirism...

In my experience when you do something solely to make someone else happy it makes you unhappy and bitter.  It can destroy that relationship and result in a bad situation for both people.  You resent that person for making you feel like you had to sacrifice your choice or happiness to help them obtain theirs or their perception of you.  It usually backfires and creates a worse situation.  

For example... a father pressures his son to following in his family's footsteps as a doctor when what the son really wants to do is be a software developer.  The son begins down the path of schooling and requirements to become the doctor his father always wanted him to be.  One day the son realizes he is truly unhappy in this career and choses to follow his passion of software development.  He drops out of school and his father is angry at him for the wasted time, money, and for not achieving the "ideal career path".  The son resents his father for the same reasons as well as himself for never following his own passion.

Sometimes you just have to be you and stand up for yourself.  Being "selfish" is often looked at as a negative term... let's refer to it as self-love then.

Doing something to make someone else happy because it also makes you happy is a different thing...
Pages: « 1 ... 27468 27469 27470 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 [27518] 27519 27520 27521 27522 27523 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 ... 33281 »
  Print  

Jump to: