April 18, 2024, 10:02:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 27520 [27521] 27522 27523 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 27569 27570 27571 ... 33274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363446 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2963

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:38:41 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Anti LGBT politician escaping a drug, 25 men gang bang party through window/roof hatch when police arrives
What will his wife a Constitutional Court judge say when he gets home?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN77Pr5h0ec

coming soon: Divorced, sued, f*cked.
Maybe not in this particular order  Grin

btw.: have you read about the "fine" €25 for each "partycipant" and €75 for the host (for not following covid orders)
Equality, right?

But remember:

Some are more equal than others

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4110

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:53:31 AM

Anti LGBT politician escaping a drug, 25 men gang bang party through window/roof hatch when police arrives
What will his wife a Constitutional Court judge say when he gets home?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN77Pr5h0ec

coming soon: Divorced, sued, f*cked.
Maybe not in this particular order  Grin

btw.: have you read about the "fine" €25 for each "partycipant" and €75 for the host (for not following covid orders)
Equality, right?

But remember:

Some are more equal than others

Very cheap. Think of it as an entry ticket to the party. A good encouragement for other groups to hold parties. Nice!
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 07:56:17 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (8), Karartma1 (2), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), d_eddie (1), itod (1), HairyMaclairy (1)

All this talk of the search for happiness, reminds me of the Buddhist concept of grasping being the source of unhappiness.

Happiness, if found, will always be temporary. You can buy the new car and you'll be happy for a while, until you then want the new boat, which itself will make you happy for a while, until you want the helicopter, then the airplane, ad infinitum. The search for permanent happiness will always be endless. Instead, Buddhism (well, some of its schools) would suggest that contentedness, rather than happiness, should be the goal.

Be content with what you have. Which doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve your situation and that of others, but that you should be content with whatever outcome arrives.

The whole "happiness" industry has just become so "Americanised" (or maybe "Californianised") to have simply become an industry of easily digested and poorly written books and websites. It's saddening, when there is potentially so much more to be learned here.

Ignoring the mention of God, I quite liked a passage in Obama's newly released "A Promised Land":

"The truth is, I've never been a big believer in destiny. I worry that it encourages resignation in the down-and-out and complacency among the powerful. I suspect that God's plan, whatever it is, works on a scale too large to admit our mortal tribulations; that in a single lifetime, accidents and happenstance determine more than we care to admit; and that the best we can do is to try to align ourselves with what we feel is right and construct some meaning out of our confusion, and with grace and nerve play at each moment the hand that we're dealt."

Gave up my last sMerit before reading this, so

+1 WOsMerit

Satisfaction, from my point of view, is self-made. Once you're generally satisfied with your life, and this is where we should not have to complain too much, for example compared to an average north korean or somali citizen, you are able to find happiness quite often and easily. Accepting that things that happen are good, things you have are enough (and so on) instad of following and thus building your ego's frustration and discontent, is basically a way to more happiness.
Avoiding comparison is the key.

I can look at my bitcoin "stash", have three choices:

1. Most WOs have way more corn than me
2. I have *insert low number here* coins, but most people i know have none and probably never will.
3. Hey, i own bitcoins! fucking brilliant!

Very cheap. Think of it as an entry ticket to the party. A good encouragement for other groups to hold parties. Nice!

Even then, it's fucking cheap for a sex party, isn't it? I used to pay about 2 times that much  Grin #nohomo
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:07:38 AM

Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:08:37 AM

Gentz, I know we have spent years plotting things like the 100k party, but I have had my mind on another festivity for WO's to participate in......

This could be done either in groups or individually......

Its something I think deep down you all want to do, whether you will admit it or not......

Something that with the right WO hand sign in the right pic could have legendary implications that resonate across the Bitcoin universe......

A trend that could result in the unfortunate(but still worthwhile) extinction of several species of mammals.....

What I am proposing is for some noble WO member to travel deep into the heart of Carolina and......

KILL A BEAR
Shocked(then flash the WO hand sign in a pic Grin)

https://www.carolinasportsman.com/features/do-it-yourself-carolina-bear-hunting/

We could even have a small BTC bounty and whoever kills the bear w the WO sign first then other members would send a donation to their address as a token of appreciation. I certainly would make a donation if someone beats me to the first kill.  Cheesy

So you're trying to say bear hunting season is not yet over?  Cool

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:08:46 AM
Merited by OutOfMemory (2)

All this talk of the search for happiness, reminds me of the Buddhist concept of grasping being the source of unhappiness.

Happiness, if found, will always be temporary. You can buy the new car and you'll be happy for a while, until you then want the new boat, which itself will make you happy for a while, until you want the helicopter, then the airplane, ad infinitum. The search for permanent happiness will always be endless. Instead, Buddhism (well, some of its schools) would suggest that contentedness, rather than happiness, should be the goal.

Be content with what you have. Which doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve your situation and that of others, but that you should be content with whatever outcome arrives.

The whole "happiness" industry has just become so "Americanised" (or maybe "Californianised") to have simply become an industry of easily digested and poorly written books and websites. It's saddening, when there is potentially so much more to be learned here.

+1 WOsMerit

Satisfaction, from my point of view, is self-made. Once you're generally satisfied with your life, and this is where we should not have to complain too much, for example compared to an average north korean or somali citizen, you are able to find happiness quite often and easily. Accepting that things that happen are good, things you have are enough (and so on) instad of following and thus building your ego's frustration and discontent, is basically a way to more happiness.

I can look at my bitcoin "stash", have three choices:

1. Most WOs have way more corn than me
2. I have *insert low number here* coins, but most people i know have none and probably never will.
3. Hey, i own bitcoins! fucking brilliant!

Nice. Now go and merit the guy with real ones (I am out now but sharing is caring).
BTW, I like your three points. We are friends it seems. Wink
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4110

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:29:26 AM

It's starting again...
heslo

Activity: 1146
Merit: 926

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:29:46 AM

Here we go, another attempt!
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2048

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:31:20 AM

For all the WO bulls out there, those wearing the silly caps and posting almost exclusively in one thread, here are my current concerns.

After a month of price being overbought, we have now confirmed a rejection from returning to overbought levels. While price remains in bullish territory, a break below 55 could see a re-test of bearish price strength:

I'm not bearish yet, the $17.9K support level still needs to be broken by the bears with confidence and follow through. There's a good chance we bounce from the 21 Day MA again (blue line, bull trend moving average) like we did a few days ago, creating a textbook bullish higher low. But if we don't, and we end up back at $16K, it's not going to be pretty.

I'm still 95% in. Ironically the 3.5% I sold at $18K from the previous break-down I now no longer need due to a tax based administrative error  Roll Eyes

It does mean that capital is now back in the order books trying to pick up a wick on a low liquidity exchange pair Grin

It's soon time for strong hands. If you need to sell a % or two to make you feel better about a correction that could go as deep as 25-35% ($13-15K), now is the time to think about it.

Then why don't you sell now and buy back at enormous profit. Just imagine...you can double your stash and be able to afford a "SILLY HAT"of your own  Cheesy
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:32:08 AM
Merited by Dabs (2), vapourminer (1), Torque (1)

An alternative scenario for bitcoin moves (contrarian, low probability):

1. Really big money (PTB) wants a discount on bitcoin. PTJ bought at 4-5K and they would like to do it too.
2. They "manufacture" a downtrend back to 4-5K (using FUD, policy changes, etc.).
3. After they truly load up (taking btc from the retail and long hodlers who cannot take it anymore), the sharp uptrend resumes to the expected highs (100K-500K).
4. Between now and the summer of 2021 would be a time to do it if they care to do it at all.

Historical perspective: something like this happened on the US stock market with a double hump of 2000 and 2007-2008, then double dip in 2001-2003 and 2007-2009, respectively.
Probability: 10-20%, but if it happens, Bob would look like a genius  Wink

this is an interesting thought. I would set the probability lower than you, but it is actually something to be prepared for. if we can assume bitcoin is the future of finance then sooner or later all the current financial big players will realize this and some of them may dislike the fact that they are kinda late to do a full saylor/microstrategy move and get the corn for $10k a piece. in a few years they will never be able to raise their corn stash in a meaningful way, because it will simply be too expensive even for the most financially potent entities. the only time for them to "get more" is to do a violent move NOW and it better be some kind of meaningful dip.

right now it is still cheap to create a meaningful dip regarding bitcoin. every entity that wants to invest billions can use 50 mil to orchestrate such a dip. the only danger is if there are several of those dip creators it could undermine the faith in bitcoins bull trend.

have we made it? a $100k bitcoin is looming. a $200k bitcoin is in the cards. do you expect it to be all smooth and nice and sunshine for us to get there? I doubt it. our faith will get challenged again. either multi months of booooooring sideways or +40% corrections, our faith will get tested even during the most bullish times.

maybe the above described scenario will kick in when price is higher.

also: when you look at hairy's overlap charts it is easy to see that the 2019 run-up was an anomaly.  plus token scam allegedly caused it. be aware that such anomalies can occur again and they can also occur to the downside. Kobayashi selling the gox stash, US Marshall service selling the Silk Road stash, CP of china selling the plus token bitcoin stash - all at once - and/or biodoms scenario becoming reality - always expect temporally bad moves. they can and will happen.
don't get me wrong - I am a $1mil per bitcoin bull (and more) - but there will be scary moments in the future as have been in the past.

since we will never know if price downturns are just noise, a 40% correction or a multiyear top - but we do know price will be higher than $100k soonish, my strategy is to not fool around with precious stash but only sell tiny bits if needed for expenses.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:50:19 AM
Merited by Dabs (3), philipma1957 (2)

Nice. Now go and merit the guy with real ones (I am out now but sharing is caring).
BTW, I like your three points. We are friends it seems. Wink

Did that, thanks.
The Dude blessed me with another 8 Merit (thx)  Cool so i could return your two  Grin

In WO, we're all friends, somehow. (Well, except Cryptonians and alevlaslo and the likes, iirc).

You should know that about 20 years ago i was one of the most unhappy, unsatisfied and self-destructive persons i knew.
I'm happy AF that i could change, which likely saved my life as well, and it's even getting better with age.
Most people i watch in my environment go in the other direction. Depressions are quite a valuable lesson, once one are through it, he/she can grasp this.

Here we go, another attempt!

With low volume, though.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:50:28 AM
Merited by Torque (1), Digithusiast (1)

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 08:54:58 AM

Does that sum also take past inflation into account?
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 09:09:54 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

Morning rant time  Smiley

For all the WO bulls out there, those wearing the silly caps and posting almost exclusively in one thread, here are my current concerns.

After a month of price being overbought, we have now confirmed a rejection from returning to overbought levels. While price remains in bullish territory, a break below 55 could see a re-test of bearish price strength:

I'm not bearish yet, the $17.9K support level still needs to be broken by the bears with confidence and follow through. There's a good chance we bounce from the 21 Day MA again (blue line, bull trend moving average) like we did a few days ago, creating a textbook bullish higher low. But if we don't, and we end up back at $16K, it's not going to be pretty.

I'm still 95% in. Ironically the 3.5% I sold at $18K from the previous break-down I now no longer need due to a tax based administrative error  Roll Eyes

It does mean that capital is now back in the order books trying to pick up a wick on a low liquidity exchange pair Grin

It's soon time for strong hands. If you need to sell a % or two to make you feel better about a correction that could go as deep as 25-35% ($13-15K), now is the time to think about it.

Then why don't you sell now and buy back at enormous profit. Just imagine...you can double your stash and be able to afford a "SILLY HAT"of your own  Cheesy

Firstly and most importantly, you're assuming I don't have a silly hat. I do, I think you might know this too. When the corrections come, I will likely put it back on in support. When the bear market arrives in some years, I will also wear it in solidarity. I've merely put it on a shelf, after a long season wearing my maximalist-style cap I have, I'm more diversified again now.

Secondly, why would I sell if I'm not bearish? This wouldn't make much sense my friend. I also highly doubt I would be able to "double my stash" by selling at $20K, this would mean needing a 50% correction (which I find near impossible, like 5% chance), then buying the exact low of the wick, probably $10,001.01. If only.

Thirdly, I wouldn't be hodling 95% of my wealth in Bitcoin if I believed there there would be a greater than 5% chance of breaking below the 200 Week MA. I said it's time for strong hands, not weak ones. If you invested more than you were willing/able to lose some weeks ago (like I did) - congrats! But now is the time to think about these things again.

Good day to you fellow cap wearer.

All I can say is if we do get a massive handle to buy the dip with everything you have. I am of the mind things might be different..a lot of things went right for bitcoin this year. I believe it is going through another order of magnitude adjustment in its adoption phase and this, the halving and the pandemic have all place unique pressure on an already volatile market. Scarcity and the need for a secure portable store of wealth has met demand head on and the results are showing in recent price discovery.

Yes, stick to the routine that works. Throw all your money into these deep dips. Don't question it, don't think about it, just BTFD. We all know it works, carry on...

I also realise things could be very different, the 25-35% retracement may not happen from here, $25K or even $30K. For me, more of the issue is the lack of consolidation of higher prices, the current macro price swings <$20K have all been very wild compared to the textbook consolidation periods of 2016. If consolidating $14K price last summer for over a year counts as long enough consolidation for this level, then so be it, I'm more "concerned" we may have 3-6 months of price consolidation to come, even if not the deep dip.

Like in summer, many of us (including myself) felt we would correct further from a 150% gain, but we didn't, we just consolidated this price for a couple of months. This is why I'm convinced that this $10K level will be held, without a shadow of a doubt. Re-testing the $14K level however seems very logical, to re-test the year long resistance level that we recently broke through. I'd feel a lot better about the price if we re-tested sooner rather than later. Each to their own, I also like discounts.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 09:47:34 AM

To 'ourselves'.

You've gotta reprogram yourselves to the standard economic line of thought in order to get along in public  Grin
Spaceman_Spiff_Original

Activity: 417
Merit: 220

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 10:04:13 AM
Merited by True Myth (1)

Think about what you really want and what makes you truly happy .

To not die; to not age; to experience continuous growth (not in the pituitary gland/gigantism way...)

You could try vampirism...
Username checks out.  

You might have been joking, but there is a real mental disconnect where people in the one hand see medicine in the real world keep people healthy and alive for longer, and on the other hand, when rejuvenation/longevity is mentioned, they resort to the cultural brainwashing that is seen in movies: that all forms of life extension ultimately come from stealing the life of others.  
This is nonsense of course, life is not a zero-sum game. Neither is there a real law of equivalent exchange like in Fullmetal Alchemist.  But people are wired and trained to think like that.  

Overcoming that mindset will take many years of refuting faulty arguments and showing real-world progress, just as we are managing to do with the mental resistance to bitcoin acceptance.

PS: I liked the stuff you said about the pursuit of happiness.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 10:17:52 AM

Ignoring the mention of God, I quite liked a passage in Obama's newly released "A Promised Land":

"The truth is, I've never been a big believer in destiny. I worry that it encourages resignation in the down-and-out and complacency among the powerful. I suspect that God's plan, whatever it is, works on a scale too large to admit our mortal tribulations; that in a single lifetime, accidents and happenstance determine more than we care to admit; and that the best we can do is to try to align ourselves with what we feel is right and construct some meaning out of our confusion, and with grace and nerve play at each moment the hand that we're dealt."

+1 WOsMerit

अहम् ब्रह्मास्मि Aham Brahmasmi
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 10:42:03 AM

To all beartards shilling for some mumbo-jumbo Unicrap shitcoin DEFI shitsystem: you realize that you only report pumps/ups post-factum you never managed to predict a single one. Instead, you're always here to predict doom and gloom 35% dumps etc...  90% of your predictions are bearish (the same for Wekkel) Grin c'mon get a life guys Cool
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 10:53:56 AM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

All I can say is if we do get a massive handle to buy the dip with everything you have. I am of the mind things might be different..a lot of things went right for bitcoin this year.

Do you have a SOMA ballpark for the dip?

November monthly open around 13900.

A wick to 12500 would also be in the play if we go that deep.

Would for sure fuck with a lot of weak hands Grin

Paypal will never let this happen. Granmas don't like to see red on their Paypal BTC page...
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 11:07:16 AM

90% of your predictions are bearish (the same for Wekkel) 

I learned not to act on my bearish thoughts  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 27471 27472 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 27520 [27521] 27522 27523 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 27569 27570 27571 ... 33274 »
  Print  

Jump to: