April 25, 2024, 06:08:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 27520 27521 27522 [27523] 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 27569 27570 27571 27572 27573 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
FullNode

Activity: 505
Merit: 270

Don't Trust, Verify

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 02:58:53 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

Institutional Digital Assets Service Provider, NYDIG Raises $150 Million in Two Separate Cryptocurrency Funds

Institutional investors are jumping on the Bitcoin train.
New York Digital Investment Group Raised twin multi-million cryptocurrency funds.
$50 Million in Fund 1 & $100 Million in Fund 2
In fillings submitted to the U.S Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), top institutional digital asset fund manager, New York Digital Investment Group (NYDIG) is raising $150 million from high net worth individuals and institutions in two twin cryptocurrency funds. NYDIG provides

“a complete suite of investment, brokerage, treasury, and technology solutions for Bitcoin to institutional allocators, corporations, investment advisers, and high net worth individuals.”
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/institutional-digital-assets-service-provider-nydig-raises-150m-in-two-crypto-funds/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
True Myth

Activity: 315
Merit: 213

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:01:08 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

In case anyone wants to go down the rabbit hole...

https://alien-ufo-sightings.com/2017/01/former-wall-st-banker-suggests-global-debt-may-not-owned-humans/

After years of investigative research into the trillions of dollars missing from the U.S. government, former Wall Street banker and former Assistant Secretary of Housing and Federal Urban Development in the first Bush Administration, Catherine Austin Fitts has come to the conclusion that global debt may very well be owned by off-planet entities who operate plant earth as a real estate investment.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:04:59 PM

I already have a Toyota, and loving it. I wouldn't go near a Lambo, even if you paid me.

The only money I will burn is spending it on this:

I will drive it until it falls apart.
JL0

Activity: 817
Merit: 158

Bitcoin the Digital Gold

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:12:01 PM

I already have a Toyota, and loving it. I wouldn't go near a Lambo, even if you paid me.

Better take the Mercedes, better and modern interior.

JL0

Bitcoin the Digital Gold

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:15:47 PM

I can tell anyone here, once you have enough bitcoin to buy a Lambo ten times over, not only will you *not* want one, you also realize that it would be huge mistake to buy one.

If I could afford to buy ten lambos for cash

I will probably end up getting a Toyota or a Honda ... You could get a Corolla or even Camry or Civic depending on your tastes and have a lot of fun with it without worrying what you'll do for a few years down the road.
Toyota builds the highest quality bodies Grin With Toyota you are always on the safe side.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:28:27 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2020, 04:07:46 PM by vapourminer

this mercedes works for me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unimog

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:33:38 PM

No matter which one, include an X-Drive (BMW) or 4-Matic (Merc) 4-wheel drive.
More power on the streets, tighter, faster turns with skidding at higher speeds compared to a 2-wheeler.
I drove many 4wd cars and vans so far, always rocked and i enjoyed the added safety as well.

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:37:44 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Morning rant time  Smiley

I am glad you bring up this point because you seems somewhat stressed by the cadence of your posts. Not sure if you are over invested, driving your own narrative or just want to have a conversation.

congrats! But now is the time to think about these things again.

I do not disagree.

Good day to you fellow cap wearer.

Good day sir.

All I can say is if we do get a massive handle to buy the dip with everything you have. I am of the mind things might be different..a lot of things went right for bitcoin this year. I believe it is going through another order of magnitude adjustment in its adoption phase and this, the halving and the pandemic have all place unique pressure on an already volatile market. Scarcity and the need for a secure portable store of wealth has met demand head on and the results are showing in recent price discovery.
-snip-
Yes, stick to the routine that works. Throw all your money into these deep dips. Don't question it, don't think about it, just BTFD. We all know it works, carry on...

What you assume is my routine and what is actually my routine might be very different then you think.

I also realise things could be very different, the 25-35% retracement may not happen from here, $25K or even $30K. For me, more of the issue is the lack of consolidation of higher prices, the current macro price swings <$20K have all been very wild compared to the textbook consolidation periods of 2016. If consolidating $14K price last summer for over a year counts as long enough consolidation for this level, then so be it, I'm more "concerned" we may have 3-6 months of price consolidation to come, even if not the deep dip.

Like in summer, many of us (including myself) felt we would correct further from a 150% gain, but we didn't, we just consolidated this price for a couple of months. This is why I'm convinced that this $10K level will be held, without a shadow of a doubt. Re-testing the $14K level however seems very logical, to re-test the year long resistance level that we recently broke through. I'd feel a lot better about the price if we re-tested sooner rather than later. Each to their own, I also like discounts.

If you read back carefully I never really disagreed with you in the first place. I thought your TA reasonable. Further, I even showed by chart of what I thought could be the maximum retracement at 33%. I think what everyone should consider is we just had a fairly massive correction..some 16+% on a daily candle..huge..over $2.7k. The price stabilised at a pretty solid floor around $17k after bouncing off where? Around 16.2k...the area you, me and everyone thought as a suspect consolidation zone. Was that enough? I dont know...what I do know is bitcoin has a habit of doing what it wants..and charts, TA and voodoo clouds can piss right off.

I have spoken.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7764

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 03:42:06 PM

I can tell anyone here, once you have enough bitcoin to buy a Lambo ten times over, not only will you *not* want one, you also realize that it would be huge mistake to buy one.

If I could afford to buy ten lambos for cash

I will probably end up getting a Toyota or a Honda ... You could get a Corolla or even Camry or Civic depending on your tastes and have a lot of fun with it without worrying what you'll do for a few years down the road.

I already have a Toyota, and loving it. I wouldn't go near a Lambo, even if you paid me. I hate this brand of cars. And, strangely (or not), I tend to dislike Lambo owners too. The few I've met were arrogant, ignorant, uneducated, "thick" types, that just wanted to show off their wealth. Not my type.

I liked my first Kia Forte
I liked my Second Kia Forte
I now like my  first  Kia Optima
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 03:54:04 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), jojo69 (1)

dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:28:23 PM

Hehe .. No.

If you want better and modern interieur, than stay by BMW or get an Audi. Cheesy The last one has really modern intereur. In my opinion Mercedes is ugly as hell and even the engines can compansate for that at all.

Biro Bob

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:29:04 PM

Very good choice! I always had Mercedes cars until 2017. Then I bought a BMW 520d (after reading a Clarkson review between the 520d and E220).  The BMW fantastic car! Comfortable, great performance, handling and economy! Also models pre April 2017 are only £30 a year to tax in the UK.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:34:53 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), Poker Player (1)

Yes, stick to the routine that works. Throw all your money into these deep dips. Don't question it, don't think about it, just BTFD. We all know it works, carry on...

This is problematic phrasing dragon.

Of course, buying the dip is a decent strategy that can supplement DCA..,. both strategies work, and personally, I suggest various kinds of practices that might dedicate various monies to various practices, but at the same time, one of the ONLY ways to actually keep buying the dip or keep DCA'ing is to attempt to always have some dry powder.. and even I have been guilty of running out of dry powder.. which then should largely cause a conversion to a HODL strategy.. even though personally, I have tended to shave off a bit of extra dollars on BTC price rises (even during very large dips) in order to attempt to have some cash available in case the BTC price dips even more beyond the very large dips that had already taken place.  So, for example, when the BTC price dropped down to $3,850 in March, I had gotten down to something approaching less than 1% value that was still in dollars that I could use to buy BTC if BTC prices were to drop even further.. so I recall that I bought down to about $4k-ish, and then when the BTC price rose back up to $5k and beyond, I ended up shaving off a few percentages more than what I usually would shave off on that rise in order that I would have more cash to buy MOAR BTC in the event that we were to again drop below $3,850 - which from subsequent happenings, we can appreciate did not end up happening.

My insurance policy to sell a wee bit more, ended up ONLY serving as an insurance policy rather than becoming profitable.. and part of the reason that I can "get away with" shaving off more BTC at low prices and NOT really being greatly negatively affected is because I had already accumulated quite a bit more than my rational authorized allocation in 2015 and 2016 - and therefore, my BTC portfolio was considerably in profits when I ended up shaving off a we bit more of my BTC stash, even though the price was in a considerably large dip that ended up being a buying opportunity rather than a selling opportunity (and even though I was doing the opposite because mostly my system had already been established since when the BTC price was around $250 in late 2015 to authorize myself to be able to sell BTC all the way up.. and to also consider that my sales of BTC all the way up and since late 2015 had always been conservative amounts of sales - which also caused considerable cushions to sell extra BTC in the $5k-ish and $6k-ish area in March/April 2020... which I feel did not hurt my overall BTC portfolio in any kind of meaningful way, beyond providing me with some BTC buying insurance (just in case).  In this post from late March, I describe some of my contemplations of the matter (and I may have had another more specific post, but I could not find it in my quickie search).

I also realise things could be very different, the 25-35% retracement may not happen from here, $25K or even $30K. For me, more of the issue is the lack of consolidation of higher prices, the current macro price swings <$20K have all been very wild compared to the textbook consolidation periods of 2016.

Your perception of our current situation and the locations of our very recent consolidations seems quite strange characterizations, dragon.

Yeah.. we ONLY had challenges of the previous ATH within the past few days.. and sure we had a wee bit of a BTC price correction before challenging the previous ATH.. but still there has not been much passage of time, and the consolidation seems to be largely in the territory of the ATH (slightly below) rather than anything significant or meaningful to write home to mom about.

If consolidating $14K price last summer for over a year counts as long enough consolidation for this level, then so be it, I'm more "concerned" we may have 3-6 months of price consolidation to come, even if not the deep dip.

I doubt that you can count the BTC price rise to $13,880 in early to mid 2019 as a consolidation, and also, you seem to keep it in your head that a correction and retest of support is actually necessary - which historically, we have seen several periods in BTC's price history in which retest did not happen in spite of numerous chartalists proclaiming such purported inevitabilities, blah blah blah..

NONSENSE.  consider what kind of asset that BTC is.. .. so fuck the chartalists and their insistence upon corrections that are purportedly "necessary"

Don't get me wrong.. I am not ruling out that corrections might NOT happen.. I am largely quibbling with overly assigning value to expectations that corrections of certain sizes and various revisitations of certain prices have higher value than they actually have in the real world of bitcoinlandia.. rather than attempting to pigeonhole king daddy into some category that is out of touch with what king daddy is, which is a new and paradigm shifting asset class - never been seen before by the likes of man.   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Like in summer, many of us (including myself) felt we would correct further from a 150% gain, but we didn't, we just consolidated this price for a couple of months.

Case in point.  You are making my argument...  Kiss Wink  #nohomo.

This is why I'm convinced that this $10K level will be held, without a shadow of a doubt.

Even assigning much value to corrections into that neighborhood seem to be quite wishful thinking, even though I would not say that they are impossible.. and maybe I would even assign 20%-ish possibilities to revisiting $14k-ish.. and sure if we break below $14k-ish then we have $12.5k and $10k as possible revisitation areas... but still seems decently low to even get below $14k... at least currently.

Re-testing the $14K level however seems very logical,

It may be logical, but I am not sure that it is greater than 50% as you seem to be implying.  I will concede that maybe revisiting $15k would be greater than 50% though... but your assignment of probability to revisiting $14k seems to be much greater than 50%, otherwise why would you use the "very logical" descriptor... which causes me to speculate that you may have a wee bit too much hopium in your analysis rather than really dealing with BTC's current price dynamics posture.

to re-test the year long resistance level that we recently broke through.

I agree that $13,880 is a meaningful price point.. including having had served as resistance on a few occasions, and also having had served as BTC's highest monthly close prior to November 2020.. but still fuck numerology.. bitcoin is not tied to those kinds of "have to happen" blah blah blah scenarios.. we have seen it numerous times.

Sure, I am not really personally disadvantaged in any kind of meaningful or material way if we revisit #13,880-ish .. but certainly, I find it quite problematic to assign very high expectations to those kinds of possible prices - except maybe for any newbies or new coiners to structure their DCA, and buy on dips in such a way that they would have some dry powder if such dips were to happen.. and, I always attempt to recommend having some dry powder even for very extreme scenarios.. and sure, I might consider 4 digits to still be around a 5% possibility.. but visiting the 208 week moving average (at any point in the coming months) that is now close to $7,200 would probably be in the less than 2% region.. and I suppose a quickie liquidation event (blackswan short-lived) dip would have a bit higher odds.

I'd feel a lot better about the price if we re-tested sooner rather than later. Each to their own, I also like discounts.

What's wrong with going to $30k first, and then coming to revisit support at that time (and likely support would have moved up by then)... I just doubt that any kind of retest of support is even necessary before BTC prices could go shooting up 30% to 50%... and who knows whether those kinds of price appreciations are going to happen, but they are looking close to the same level of probability as a dip to sub $14k. 

In other words, it is good to meaningfully and realistically attempt to weigh probabilities in both directions rather than largely focusing upon one direction and overly assigning probabilities to that one direction while failing and refusing to adequately and appropriately assign probabilities to the other direction...

Again, I could hardly give any shits which way the BTC price direction goes, but it still seems to be slightly favoring UPpity at the moment rather than DOWNity - and of course, your mileage may vary (YMMV) regarding how to assign these probabilities and to meaningfully and realistically attempt to pee pare ur lil selfie for either direction (including the probability of sideways, which seems way less probable at this point... BTC, aka king daddy, aka lillie fiend,  does not tend to do sideways very well, especially during price discovery war times).
JL0

Bitcoin the Digital Gold

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:44:16 PM

Hehe .. No.

If you want better and modern interieur, than stay by BMW or get an Audi. Cheesy The last one has really modern intereur. In my opinion Mercedes is ugly as hell and even the engines can compansate for that at all.

The interior of Mercedes simply looks better  Grin

BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 04:53:49 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2023, 04:47:58 PM by BitcoinGirl.Club

Good afternoon WO brothers!
It's been long day I was away but now all good and I am back with my regular enthusiasm.

I missed you guys when watch $19k+.
I missed you all when feeling excited watching bitcoin price is going to the moon.

Observing @ $18,840

It looks like theymos has taken this event very seriously. He even listed it on the news section.

I have already given my votes. Only El duderino_ got a vote from me from WO. I think my brother is always a new discovery since he joined us.
JL0

Bitcoin the Digital Gold

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 04:55:40 PM

this mercedes works for me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unimog

Unimog is a universal device and can be used for everything, but I would still prefer a G class. It is at least suitable for everyday use.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 05:00:11 PM

Case in point.  You are making my argument...  Kiss Wink  #nohomo.

How are your hands not bleeding man?? Cheesy Cheesy ... You should put all that effort in writing a book or some useful sh!t like that, would be more useful. Feeding all the forum trolls in the world is a lost cause charity! Cheesy Cheesy
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2020, 05:02:49 PM

Lots of new faces! Good for us.
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 05:09:13 PM

Hehe .. No.

The interior of Mercedes simply looks better  Grin

Uaaah ... one missing monitor and the round things overall? Looks like "christmas balls". Sorry, nope, nope and nope.

And the ulgy monitor looks like put in there afterwards. How is even considered a nice thing. The Montior looks like: "Oh lets put in there a chinese media system to make a look modern!"

But thank you for the comparing image! So everybody can make their own decision. I know, why I had a BMW and now a Audi.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 05:14:26 PM

or a lexus v8 and save the money

I always prefer Japanese

Pages: « 1 ... 27473 27474 27475 27476 27477 27478 27479 27480 27481 27482 27483 27484 27485 27486 27487 27488 27489 27490 27491 27492 27493 27494 27495 27496 27497 27498 27499 27500 27501 27502 27503 27504 27505 27506 27507 27508 27509 27510 27511 27512 27513 27514 27515 27516 27517 27518 27519 27520 27521 27522 [27523] 27524 27525 27526 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 27569 27570 27571 27572 27573 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: