April 23, 2024, 06:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 27569 27570 27571 27572 27573 27574 27575 27576 [27577] 27578 27579 27580 27581 27582 27583 27584 27585 27586 27587 27588 27589 27590 27591 27592 27593 27594 27595 27596 27597 27598 27599 27600 27601 27602 27603 27604 27605 27606 27607 27608 27609 27610 27611 27612 27613 27614 27615 27616 27617 27618 27619 27620 27621 27622 27623 27624 27625 27626 27627 ... 33295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366574 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 02:03:30 AM

to whom it may concern

yes yall have finally shamed me into finishing setting up the gemini account i started years ago...

What KYC do they want? Is it passport, bank statement and utility bill scans?

started a few years ago (in 2017) so dont remember much. (then) they wanted password access to my the back account i wanted to link to (!!WTF!!) which stopped me dead in me tracks till i could give them an account i wound up making specifically for them and let them have that.

FECKING PASSWORD ACCESS TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT?

Is that even legal? I bet most banks have a clause in their terms and conditions forbidding disclosure of your password to anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 02:18:09 AM
Merited by vapourminer (3), JayJuanGee (1), HI-TEC99 (1)

to whom it may concern

yes yall have finally shamed me into finishing setting up the gemini account i started years ago...

started a few years ago (in 2017) so dont remember much. (then) they wanted password access to my the back account i wanted to link to (!!WTF!!) which stopped me dead in me tracks till i could give them an account i wound up making specifically for them and let them have that.

Is that even legal? I bet most banks have a clause in their terms and conditions forbidding disclosure of your password to anyone.

I also remember something like this (also in 2017 or so), which was unusual. I wrote to them asking, basically, wtf?
The answer was that you enter the password on a special bank site, not on the Gemini site (all banks are integrated there) and the session is not recorded (right!!).
It is probably similar to how you can prove that the btc account is yours by signing a message.
Basically, they see that you were able to login, but they don't see the password as you login into your bank, essentially (or so they claim).
I think all they get from the session is the record that you were able to login into the account you claim to be the owner of.
The explanation was that this gives them confidence that the bank account is actually yours and you can control it.
I did it, but then had to wait at least 3 weeks for approval.
The only reason I initiated it in the first place was because at that time they had no limits (at least no discernible limits) on withdrawals and you can trade immediately after you initiate the deposit, which Coinbase did not have at the time.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 02:23:30 AM

Guys. I think it's slowly working.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 02:24:49 AM

yep password access. i checked if there was another way.. nope. so i just used an account just for them. its something i do anyway.. coinbase has a dedicated bank account too. i did change the password after of course but the whole thing soured me on gemini for years.. so i never funded gemini from that account account and left it inactive and abandoned till now.

mixing exchanges accounts with your regular accounts isnt a good idea anyway. dedicated accounts are the way to go.

edit: Biodom (above) has a better explanation. but yeah thats about it. i logged in in a special way. then they showed my account as verified later.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7762

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2020, 02:35:14 AM

If I were gay, I'd take this Santa over any cephalopod, any day. Justsayin'...

yep quite the improvement.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4448

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 03:05:43 AM

I reckon we need to up the gay Christmas cards. Price is dropping.

Will Ellen do?

Cool
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2020, 03:44:18 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

Will Ellen do?

Cool

Not a fan of her . I will look for a different card.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4448

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 04:13:21 AM

Will Ellen do?

Cool

Maybe Chaz Bono?
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2020, 04:24:19 AM

Will Ellen do?

Cool

Maybe Chaz Bono?

Mellisa Etheridge was good looking. Maybe she did a christmas card.

She did a few christmas albums.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2767
Merit: 1786

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 05:40:20 AM

Do you know who earns 31 Bitcoins per day?

Grayscale.

Fucking unbelievable.

They now own more than 3% of the total bitcoin supply.

Fucking unbelievable.

They sell their Bitcoin at 24,000 USD each.

Fucking unbelievable.

Food for thought, in 24years they'll make more BTC in fees than is mined
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 05:53:08 AM

https://twitter.com/100trillionusd/status/1338926876438503426?s=21
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 05:56:53 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

jpg 4 img
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:01:31 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2020, 06:22:09 AM by DaRude
Merited by vapourminer (1), HI-TEC99 (1)

to whom it may concern

You'd have to be an idiot to give third party your bank login/password, but

If you are unable to link your bank account via Plaid or prefer not using your online banking credentials to register your bank account, please exit the screen and navigate to Manually link bank and input your wire information. Once your bank account information is set up, you can complete the bank verification process with a successful wire deposit into your account.

https://support.gemini.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004691043-How-do-I-fund-my-Gemini-Account-

or go the hardway and create a burner bank account like vapourminer
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:03:39 AM

https://twitter.com/billbarhydt/status/1338966453773455360?s=21
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:04:02 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:05:34 AM

After a quick peak.... another hour into HODLsleep... still to early in Belgium atm, GF already up and making herself ready to work.

Damn she wakes up early.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:17:49 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), HI-TEC99 (1)

to whom it may concern

I also remember something like this (also in 2017 or so), which was unusual. I wrote to them asking, basically, wtf?
The answer was that you enter the password on a special bank site, not on the Gemini site (all banks are integrated there) and the session is not recorded (right!!).
It is probably similar to how you can prove that the btc account is yours by signing a message.
Basically, they see that you were able to login, but they don't see the password as you login into your bank, essentially (or so they claim).
I think all they get from the session is the record that you were able to login into the account you claim to be the owner of.
The explanation was that this gives them confidence that the bank account is actually yours and you can control it.
The only reason I initiated it in the first place was because at that time they had no limits (at least no discernible limits) on withdrawals and you can trade immediately after you initiate the deposit, which Coinbase did not have at the time.

Well you think wrong, care to try again? Don't think/trust, verify.

Information we collect from your financial accounts. The information we receive from the financial product and service providers that maintain your financial accounts varies depending on the specific Plaid services developers use to power their applications, as well as the information made available by those providers. But, in general, we collect the following types of identifiers, commercial information, and other personal information from your financial product and service providers:

Account information, including financial institution name, account name, account type, account ownership, branch number, IBAN, BIC, and account and routing number;

Information about an account balance, including current and available balance;

Information about credit accounts, including due dates, balances owed, payment amounts and dates, transaction history, credit limit, repayment status, and interest rate;

Information about loan accounts, including due dates, repayment status, balances, payment amounts and dates, interest rate, guarantor, loan type, payment plan, and terms;

Information about investment accounts, including transaction information, type of asset, identifying details about the asset, quantity, price, fees, and cost basis;

Identifiers and information about the account owner(s), including name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and address information;

Information about account transactions, including amount, date, payee, type, quantity, price, location, involved securities, and a description of the transaction; and

Professional information, including information about your employer, in limited cases where you’ve connected your payroll accounts.

The data collected from your financial accounts includes information from all your accounts (e.g., checking, savings, and credit card) accessible through a single set of account credentials.

Information we receive from your devices. When you use your device to connect to our services through a developer’s application, we receive identifiers and electronic network activity information about that device, including IP address, hardware model, operating system, which features within our services you access, and other technical information about the device. We also use cookies or similar tracking technologies to collect usage statistics and to help us provide and improve our services. You can find more information about how we use cookies and your related choices in our Cookie Policy.

Information we receive about you from other sources. We also receive identifiers and commercial information about you directly from the relevant developer or other third parties, including our service providers, bank partners, and identity verification services. For example, developers may provide information such as your full name, email address, phone number, or information about your financial accounts and account transactions.

Inferences we derive from the data we collect. We may use the information we collect about you to derive inferences. For example, we may infer your location or your projected income based on the information we have collected about you from other sources.
https://plaid.com/legal/#information-we-collect-and-categories-of-sources

Though bitcoiners are not supposed to be so naïve, now you have to burn that account, then step away from your computer, pour gasoline all over it and set it on fire too!
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:37:42 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

to whom it may concern

Well you think wrong, care to try again? Don't think/trust, verify.

Information we collect from your financial accounts. The information we receive from the financial product and service providers that maintain your financial accounts varies depending on the specific Plaid services developers use to power their applications, as well as the information made available by those providers. But, in general, we collect the following types of identifiers, commercial information, and other personal information from your financial product and service providers:

Account information, including financial institution name, account name, account type, account ownership, branch number, IBAN, BIC, and account and routing number;

Information about an account balance, including current and available balance;

Information about credit accounts, including due dates, balances owed, payment amounts and dates, transaction history, credit limit, repayment status, and interest rate;

Information about loan accounts, including due dates, repayment status, balances, payment amounts and dates, interest rate, guarantor, loan type, payment plan, and terms;

Information about investment accounts, including transaction information, type of asset, identifying details about the asset, quantity, price, fees, and cost basis;

<culled down the info in the post for space reasons>

Though bitcoiners are not supposed to be so naïve, now you have to burn that account, then step away from your computer, pour gasoline all over it and set it on fire too!

Good info, but not really relevant as I am sure all my regular payment information is already widely available within the financial system.
I use credit cards, so if someone wants to see what I spend on, they already can.
Regarding my crypto dealings all this does is to inform someone that i sent a few deposits to coinbase and gemini. Not very important.
In other words, everything that you described is already there via gazillion of info aggregators that are plugged in into the financial system.
But, thanks for reminding me one more time how much under the microscope we all are.
Ever wonder , how come after mentioning "vacuum cleaner" in your text or on a Facebook page, suddenly you are bombarded with vacuum cleaners everywhere, even on btctalk?
Do I like it? Not in the slightest, but learned to mostly ignore it.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 07:22:36 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2020, 07:35:05 AM by vapourminer

If you are unable to link your bank account via Plaid or prefer not using your online banking credentials to register your bank account, please exit the screen and navigate to Manually link bank and input your wire information. Once your bank account information is set up, you can complete the bank verification process with a successful wire deposit into your account.

https://support.gemini.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004691043-How-do-I-fund-my-Gemini-Account-

or go the hardway and create a burner bank account like vapourminer

wonder if that was an option back in 2017.

either way i would rather have separate accounts for exchanges.

i figure at this point all my finances are well known to banks and whatnot anyway. they have too many ways to link everything anyway. not that i like that of course. and im no where smart enough to get around that stuff anyway.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 08:08:31 AM

Good info, but not really relevant as I am sure all my regular payment information is already widely available within the financial system.
I use credit cards, so if someone wants to see what I spend on, they already can.
Regarding my crypto dealings all this does is to inform someone that i sent a few deposits to coinbase and gemini. Not very important.
In other words, everything that you described is already there via gazillion of info aggregators that are plugged in into the financial system.
But, thanks for reminding me one more time how much under the microscope we all are.
Ever wonder , how come after mentioning "vacuum cleaner" in your text or on a Facebook page, suddenly you are bombarded with vacuum cleaners everywhere, even on btctalk?
Do I like it? Not in the slightest, but learned to mostly ignore it.

Well it's one thing for financials institutions to have your transaction history and it's another when marketers do. Plus i'm not sure if it's a one time thing or they continue pulling/monitoring your transactions indefinitely? Then when those databases leak online and we can see all of your transactions history for past X years you can't bitch at anyone because you gave away your creds yourself.
You buy one green dildo online and then the forum is littered with green dildos?

Privacy takes effort, you either go with the flow with the path of least resistance, or you use tor, private/incognito modes and drop facebook etc...
Pages: « 1 ... 27527 27528 27529 27530 27531 27532 27533 27534 27535 27536 27537 27538 27539 27540 27541 27542 27543 27544 27545 27546 27547 27548 27549 27550 27551 27552 27553 27554 27555 27556 27557 27558 27559 27560 27561 27562 27563 27564 27565 27566 27567 27568 27569 27570 27571 27572 27573 27574 27575 27576 [27577] 27578 27579 27580 27581 27582 27583 27584 27585 27586 27587 27588 27589 27590 27591 27592 27593 27594 27595 27596 27597 27598 27599 27600 27601 27602 27603 27604 27605 27606 27607 27608 27609 27610 27611 27612 27613 27614 27615 27616 27617 27618 27619 27620 27621 27622 27623 27624 27625 27626 27627 ... 33295 »
  Print  

Jump to: