April 19, 2024, 07:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27581 27582 27583 27584 27585 27586 27587 27588 27589 27590 27591 27592 27593 27594 27595 27596 27597 27598 27599 27600 27601 27602 27603 27604 27605 27606 27607 27608 27609 27610 27611 27612 27613 27614 27615 27616 27617 27618 27619 27620 27621 27622 27623 27624 27625 27626 27627 27628 27629 27630 [27631] 27632 27633 27634 27635 27636 27637 27638 27639 27640 27641 27642 27643 27644 27645 27646 27647 27648 27649 27650 27651 27652 27653 27654 27655 27656 27657 27658 27659 27660 27661 27662 27663 27664 27665 27666 27667 27668 27669 27670 27671 27672 27673 27674 27675 27676 27677 27678 27679 27680 27681 ... 33281 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364463 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 05:40:10 PM

A fast spreading strain of Covid-19 has emerged in England, this mutation is 70% more transmissible.

London and South East in tier 4 lockdown.

Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Czechia, France, Ireland, Austria and Germany suspending flights and train arrivals from England.

This is not looking good, fingers crossed if it does not effect vaccine effectioness.

Hard Brexit and Mutation together. Happy New Year 2021!  Roll Eyes
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 05:48:41 PM

FinCEN Proposes KYC For Withdrawing Cryptocurrency To Private Wallets 12/18/2020

I 'believe' this only applies to USA BTC/Crypto Exchanges like Coinbase?

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/fincen-proposes-kyc-for-withdrawing-cryptocurrency-to-private-wallets

This shoe just dropped. To me it does not look like that big a deal....and was expected...but I know zip, others on here?

Smarter than myself? I also started a thread for more details. (Hey, it's over my head, need smarter analysis!)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5301400.0

Brad

it does not apply to private hodlers sending bitcoin to each other. only when it touches a companies wallet. which means that every US btc owner will transfer his/her coins to self custody in the next 14 days. less coins available on exchanges = bullish for bitcoin.

I have some difficulities figuring out what to make of these proposed practices that seem to have decent chances of going into effect.  Yeah, of course, they create greater obligations and pretty much deter HODLers from moving their coins to a private wallet, and we still need to know how the fuck the exchanges are going to verify this beyond a mere statement from the HODLer that the wallet that they are transferring to is their own wallet.  Yeah.. burdens.. and perhaps will create some incentives for the creation of more underground kind of transactions..

I am not really going to change too much of what I am doing currently, and will see how it goes.  My personal bitcoin exposure on exchanges is way smaller than it was in 2015/2016, which might have been around xx% or more of my holdings were on exchanges.  Then in about mid 2017 I downgraded to somewhere between about xx%  .. and currently, I  just looked at it, and it appears to be around xx%-ish...  (edited my disclosed percentages for reasons.. hahahaha... you fucks!!!).   I am just going to ride it out, and see what it does.  I have already been KYC'd on those on exchange coins anyhow, and I was not even considering transferring those coins out, even within a variety of scenarios, including having to report them.. those are merely coins that could be liquidated on a BTC run, if I were to so choose.. and yeah, sometimes moving coins around and changing your system based on fucktwats.. whether governments or otherwise, can cause issues too, but I understand the motivation and rationale that comes from what seems to be proposed currently.. and there are likely BTC HODLers who are way too overexposed in terms of NOT even having coins under their own control, and these kinds of proposed practices should cause some reflection upon risks that they are taking in that direction.. and whether that risk is sufficiently balanced.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2964

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:01:24 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

A fast spreading strain of Covid-19 has emerged in England, this mutation is 70% more transmissible.

Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Czechia, France, Ireland, Austria and Germany suspending flights and train arrivals from England.

This is not looking good, fingers crossed if it does not effect vaccine effectioness.

The natives are too restless!  There are too many damn protests in London!

Release the new strain.

According to the Universitie's of Cambridge, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Oxford, Imperial College London, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cardiff University and MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research, this new strain is real. Undecided

Fck those protesters they should be locked up until this is over.

Conclusion: We report a rapidly growing lineage in the UK associated with an unexpectedly large number of genetic changes including in the receptor-binding domain and associated with the furin cleavage site. Given (i) the experimentally-predicted and plausible phenotypic consequences of some of these mutations, (ii) their unknown effects when present in combination, and (iii) the high growth rate of B.1.1.7 in the UK, this novel lineage requires urgent laboratory characterisation and enhanced genomic surveillance worldwide.

https://virological.org/t/preliminary-genomic-characterisation-of-an-emergent-sars-cov-2-lineage-in-the-uk-defined-by-a-novel-set-of-spike-mutations/563

Not the best news. The idea that mutation happens in chronically infected individuals has to be proven first, but apart of that, vaccines should continue to work, but certain medication may not or less effective.
Interesting that patients were given plasma. In our national hospitals they are all symptom treated, so immune system has to fight the infection all by itself. That's why 5-10% of hospitalized patients end up on an ICU.
Combine that with a rapidly spreading virus.  Undecided

So it seems it's mass vaccination as our only vital choice at the time. Safe vaccines will be out by fall 2021, until then we have to use the heavy marketed new-age vaccines, most of them don't block transmission, only weaken covid19 severity by initiating an immune reaction, which makes the virus genome "known" to the immune system.
Tradeoff detected.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:08:15 PM

The natives are too restless!  There are too many damn protests in London!

Release the new strain.

According to the Universitie's of Cambridge, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Oxford, Imperial College London, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cardiff University and MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research, this new strain is real. Undecided

Conclusion: We report a rapidly growing lineage in the UK associated with an unexpectedly large number of genetic changes including in the receptor-binding domain and associated with the furin cleavage site. Given (i) the experimentally-predicted and plausible phenotypic consequences of some of these mutations, (ii) their unknown effects when present in combination, and (iii) the high growth rate of B.1.1.7 in the UK, this novel lineage requires urgent laboratory characterisation and enhanced genomic surveillance worldwide.

https://virological.org/t/preliminary-genomic-characterisation-of-an-emergent-sars-cov-2-lineage-in-the-uk-defined-by-a-novel-set-of-spike-mutations/563

Not the best news. The idea that mutation happens in chronically infected individuals has to be proven first, but apart of that, vaccines should continue to work, but certain medication may not or less effective.
Interesting that patients were given plasma. In our national hospitals they are all symptom treated, so immune system has to fight the infection all by itself. That's why 5-10% of hospitalized patients end up on an ICU.
Combine that with a rapidly spreading virus.  Undecided

So it seems it's mass vaccination as our only vital choice at the time. Safe vaccines will be out by fall 2021, until then we have to use the heavy marketed new-age vaccines, most of them don't block transmission, only weaken covid19 severity by initiating an immune reaction, which makes the virus genome "known" to the immune system.
Tradeoff detected.

This guy happily and smilingly said it months ago -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELP2EFVOOYc

People still believe this is a natural virus lol... And of course blame the protesters... Fucking idiots! You love to be locked like an animal for years right? Its all just a huge hoax to sell Bills vaccine and make his vision come true. Genocide by vaccination... He said it in 2010 "500.000.000 humans on this planet are enough".
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:19:25 PM

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 06:19:58 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), Paashaas (1), jojo69 (1), d_eddie (1), 600watt (1), DireWolfM14 (1), BobLawblaw (1), bitserve (1), P_Shep (1), OutOfMemory (1), machasm (1), WastedLTC (1), True Myth (1), dakiller322 (1)

In the end the lack of insurance was the straw that broke our back. It was like dominos where that one piece of the puzzle brought it all crashing down.

Owning a cruise ship, every day is money so the clock is ticking from day one of buying the ship to becoming revenue neutral. During that time you are shelling out money to keep the thing going. The sooner revenue neutrality comes, the better. This wasn't a boat (bring out another thousand), it was a boam.

We were trying to play nice. We were in talks with Panama's presidential office, the marine authority, ministry of tourism, etc. They all told us they wanted our ship in Panama. But they all did what they could to make sure they could get what they could out of the project with no regard for how that affected the success.

The marine authority classified the ship as a seagoing vessel though we were pleading with them to not classify it as such as it would have bad consequences.

The demand for cabins was nil. Even with the lowest prices we could possibly offer and break even, nobody wanted to live on it.

Our ship management company was not very useful when trying to get us insurance, more of a spectator of "let's see how this 'crazy' project is treated by the strict, good ol' boy club of insurances". The insurance companies were almost toying with us, asking for information on how we would deal with X or Y...we give them some reasonable response that we think they will be ok with only to the response of "denied" (no explanation). Nobody ever let us speak directly to the insurance companies to discuss what they would accept for various scenarios ("highly unprecedented", when we asked).

We could have come up with another solution, we could have done some blockchain type of P&I insurance...over time. We focused on complying with maritime and Panama law as opposed to gaining an expertise in maritime insurance (assuming that surely a private insurance company would want money). So being turned down by all of the companies caught us off guard.

With time of the essence, no support from the seasteading nor Bitcoin community that we were trying to serve, the Panama government reneging on their promise to work with us and the final stroke coming from lack of insurance we had to pull the plug before paying to cross the canal. We had a day to make the decision so we went with it.

We bought the ship at below scrap prices, we burned through a few million and are selling it for higher scrap prices so dollar wise we even out. But lost potential, Bitcoin wise, we can put it down as "losing" half of our investment.

I was not the big investor in the project (as usual). With the bitcoin price being up and the main investor being a member of the Vladmir club...expect something brilliantly insane to come next (I am the guy in the spotlight because our main investor speaks his mind too readily...he makes me look like a US congressman in comparison).

I will likely sit out this next adventure and go into hibernation like I did after Thailand until I am pulled back out into the world by the next project.

I chose seasteading as my passion project because I have been following it for 10 years and wanted to see something actually done instead of people just talking about it all the time and I see it as one of the shortest avenues toward a modicum of freedom. I have time to decide my next steps. Now I focus on myself (and my wife) and take a good break from things for a while.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:22:27 PM

FinCEN Proposes KYC For Withdrawing Cryptocurrency To Private Wallets 12/18/2020

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/fincen-proposes-kyc-for-withdrawing-cryptocurrency-to-private-wallets

This shoe just dropped. To me it does not look like that big a deal....and was expected...but I know zip, others on here?

Smarter than myself? I also started a thread for more details. (Hey, it's over my head, need smarter analysis!)

Brad

it does not apply to private hodlers sending bitcoin to each other. only when it touches a companies wallet. which means that every US btc owner will transfer his/her coins to self custody in the next 14 days. less coins available on exchanges = bullish for bitcoin.

I have some difficulities figuring out what to make of these proposed practices that seem to have decent chances of going into effect.  Yeah, of course, they create greater obligations and pretty much deter HODLers from moving their coins to a private wallet, and we still need to know how the fuck the exchanges are going to verify this beyond a mere statement from the HODLer that the wallet that they are transferring to is their own wallet.  Yeah.. burdens.. and perhaps will create some incentives for the creation of more underground kind of transactions..

I am not really going to change too much of what I am doing currently, and will see how it goes.  My personal bitcoin exposure on exchanges is way smaller than it was in 2015/2016, which might have been around xx% or more of my holdings were on exchanges.  Then in about mid 2017 I downgraded to somewhere between about xx%  .. and currently, I  just looked at it, and it appears to be around xx%-ish...  (edited my disclosed percentages for reasons.. hahahaha... you fucks!!!).   I am just going to ride it out, and see what it does.  I have already been KYC'd on those on exchange coins anyhow, and I was not even considering transferring those coins out, even within a variety of scenarios, including having to report them.. those are merely coins that could be liquidated on a BTC run, if I were to so choose.. and yeah, sometimes moving coins around and changing your system based on fucktwats.. whether governments or otherwise, can cause issues too, but I understand the motivation and rationale that comes from what seems to be proposed currently.. and there are likely BTC HODLers who are way too overexposed in terms of NOT even having coins under their own control, and these kinds of proposed practices should cause some reflection upon risks that they are taking in that direction.. and whether that risk is sufficiently balanced.

This is another example of unanticipated risks of Bitcoin, especially of the Big Rhino variety.  My worry (for years) has been that while the Bitcoin Ecosystem is essentially unbreakable itself (managed properly by HODLers), it is the Entrance and Exit Ramps that are vulnerable to strict controls.  It is clear enough to me that Bitcoin will come under further scrutiny and regulation as .gov loses more and more control (and their financial need/greed rises exponentially...).  

Any doubts that .gov will likely grow ever more authoritarian?  Look at England locking down London right now...

Since no one can predict the future (and major technology changes), prudence suggests not holding too much of net assets in BTC.  I understand (and accept to a degree) the arguments of "betting on the fastest horse" (etc.), but there are ample precedents showing danger of being too concentrated.  Just now I read above about Elwar's Satoshi project not working out due to, in essence, a Big Rhino problem.

The NICE BUMP up in BTC price has been useful for me.  I very recently sold a smidge, continuing my strategy of taking some profits.  BTC rose to well over 1% of my net, yet my sales were not enough to drag that down to the ~1%.

One should not be afraid of diversification and taking some profits along the way in an asset that really does look to be world-changing.  Taking some profits along the way, however, does not lessen my enthusiasm for this wonderful new asset class that Satoshi (et al) have invented for us all.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:28:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), OROBTC (1)

Brad

I have some difficulities figuring out what to make of these proposed practices that seem to have decent chances of going into effect.  Yeah, of course, they create greater obligations and pretty much deter HODLers from moving their coins to a private wallet, and we still need to know how the fuck the exchanges are going to verify this beyond a mere statement from the HODLer that the wallet that they are transferring to is their own wallet.  Yeah.. burdens.. and perhaps will create some incentives for the creation of more underground kind of transactions..

I am not really going to change too much of what I am doing currently, and will see how it goes.  My personal bitcoin exposure on exchanges is way smaller than it was in 2015/2016, which might have been around xx% or more of my holdings were on exchanges.  Then in about mid 2017 I downgraded to somewhere between about xx%  .. and currently, I  just looked at it, and it appears to be around xx%-ish...  (edited my disclosed percentages for reasons.. hahahaha... you fucks!!!).   I am just going to ride it out, and see what it does.  I have already been KYC'd on those on exchange coins anyhow, and I was not even considering transferring those coins out, even within a variety of scenarios, including having to report them.. those are merely coins that could be liquidated on a BTC run, if I were to so choose.. and yeah, sometimes moving coins around and changing your system based on fucktwats.. whether governments or otherwise, can cause issues too, but I understand the motivation and rationale that comes from what seems to be proposed currently.. and there are likely BTC HODLers who are way too overexposed in terms of NOT even having coins under their own control, and these kinds of proposed practices should cause some reflection upon risks that they are taking in that direction.. and whether that risk is sufficiently balanced.

This is another example of unanticipated risks of Bitcoin, especially of the Big Rhino variety.  My worry (for years) has been that while the Bitcoin Ecosystem is essentially unbreakable itself (managed properly by HODLers), it is the Entrance and Exit Ramps that are vulnerable to strict controls.  It is clear enough to me that Bitcoin will come under further scrutiny and regulation as .gov loses more and more control (and their financial need/greed rises exponentially...).  Any doubts that .gov will likely grow ever more authoritarian?  Look at England locking down London right now...

Since no one can predict the future (and major technology changes), prudence suggests not holding too much of net assets in BTC.  I understand (and accept to a degree) the arguments of "betting on the fastest horse" (etc.), but there are ample precedents showing danger of being too concentrated.  Just now I read above about Elwar's Satoshi project not working out due to, yes, a Big Rhino problem.

The NICE BUMP up in BTC price has been useful for me.  I very recently sold a smidge, continuing my strategy of taking some profits.  BTC rose to well over 1% of my net, yet my sales were not enough to drag that down to the ~1%.

One should not be afraid of diversification and taking some profits along the way in an asset that really does look to be world-changing.  Taking some profits along the way, however, does not lessen my enthusiasm for this wonderful new asset class that Satoshi (et al) have invented for us all.

1%? I am sorry, but this only makes sense if your total capital is $10mil or more, otherwise it would not make a dent (if you constantly keeping it at 1%).
Here are some interesting US stats, suggesting that you cannot afford to be the middle class anymore. Some examples are probably coastal as you can be pretty comfortable at $160K/year around here. Also, teacher salary at 115K? It is unheard of here (TX).

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/22166381/hollow-middle-class-american-dream
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:28:47 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2020, 06:41:12 PM by JayJuanGee

Gentlemen.
After very good profit from this rise now BobLawblaw is going to have one giveaway for WO members Cheesy Grin Wink

Beers (and blowjobs), perhaps?   Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I hope mindrust is doing alright.

I hope so too. I remember panic-selling back in 2013 or 2014 I think, during a pretty savage dip, but fortunately I quickly saw the error of my ways and bought back in soon afterwards, but not before losing about 20% of my coins.

I was new to this back then, but I also think it's something that, if you go through it, it's a harsh but necessary teaching experience. I suspect the most resilient of hodlers may have gone through a similar process, and that is why several of us advised mindrust to buy back in as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't think he followed this advice, so he became a no-coiner. It's sad, but if a few WOers can learn from his experience, more and stronger hodlers will be born.

I believe that he said that he bought back 1 BTC.. .so instead of having 10 BTC, he reduced his BTC bags down to 1 BTC thinking that it was a good way to cause him less emotions - with likely an effect of causing the opposite (in hindsight... as so many of us advised against).

Observing new ATH with relatively low volume.

Also, observing not many large sell walls before $25k

Also... running out of champagne.
#2020BitcoinProblems

*Edit Also, observing JJG in full keyboard warrior mode.

Very astute of you.   Wink   Tongue
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4434

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:32:01 PM
Merited by serveria.com (1), heslo (1)

This guy happily and smilingly said it months ago -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELP2EFVOOYc

People still believe this is a natural virus lol... And of course blame the protesters... Fucking idiots! You love to be locked like an animal for years right? Its all just a huge hoax to sell Bills vaccine and make his vision come true. Genocide by vaccination... He said it in 2010 "500.000.000 humans on this planet are enough".

Yep. Believe some garbage you see on Morontube.

Yep. Everybody knows everything is Bill's fault. And chemtrails. And commies. And people who think the world is round. Idiots.

Roll Eyes
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:35:12 PM

Smiley

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3420
Merit: 4331

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:36:35 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2020, 06:46:36 PM by Paashaas

I still believe Covid-19 is a Chinese lab made virus, released to weaken/wreck the U.S economy so they can push their agenda to take over to be number 1.

Mass gatherings are not allowed because those protesters are accountable for the ungoing spread.

I don't believe Bill's intension killing 6.5 billion peope for profit.

Hard Brexit and Mutation together. Happy New Year 2021!  Roll Eyes

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:40:54 PM

The demand for cabins was nil. Even with the lowest prices we could possibly offer and break even, nobody wanted to live on it.

Honestly Elwar, and not trying to rub salt into the wound, but when you first announced this cruise ship endeavor my very first thought that popped into my mind was "Nobody but maybe a handful will purchase those cabins. He's gonna lose money big time on that." ROI analysis is *everything* with something that enormous and costly.

Sorry to hear it didn't go they way you wanted, but maybe it was for the best?
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:44:07 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

Biodom #555306

Au contraire, mon amis

Taking profits in BTC price spikes has worked great for me in 2017 and now 2020 (I did buy BTC from 2018 - 2020).  In part, granted, that I did not sell BTC on a continuous basis as it went over 1%, typically for various reasons (sloth perhaps No. 1), it has taken a bit of time for me to actually cash in when I did.

Actually, I might disagree with you re concentration based on increasing wealth.  IMO (and I do need to study this more), having a whole lot of money gives you the freedom to concentrate more.  Michael Saylor might be a good example, he has so much money that HODLing a LOT of BTC can make a lot of sense if he is secure with that (re risks, etc.).  I would imagine that he is perfectly OK with having that much BTC, and more power to him.  And I would guess he owns his own home, probably with low or no mortgage.   Smiley

I would agree with you that if you have little extra money that 1% in BTC makes little difference.  In the Bitcoin Ecosystem I am neither Shrimp nor Giant (apologies to FOFOA for using his terminology and ideas here).  BTC has made a real difference to me in my life.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 06:47:41 PM

I still believe Covid-19 is a Chinese lab made virus, released to weaken/wreck the U.S economy so they can push their agenda to take over to be number 1.

maybe the truth is in between? they tweaked SARS-CoV to get a more contagious SARS-CoV-2?

maybe it was an accident to release it?

so WHO has still no access to Wuhan. WTF is China for an country?
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 06:50:13 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

This is what I was talking about. All other issues (insurance, registration etc) could be probably solved...  Cool
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:51:08 PM

While we talk, she's nearing 23.9k.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 06:58:51 PM

Gentlemen.
After very good profit from this rise now BobLawblaw is going to have one giveaway for WO members Cheesy Grin Wink

Beers (and blowjobs), perhaps?   Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I hope mindrust is doing alright.

I hope so too. I remember panic-selling back in 2013 or 2014 I think, during a pretty savage dip, but fortunately I quickly saw the error of my ways and bought back in soon afterwards, but not before losing about 20% of my coins.

I was new to this back then, but I also think it's something that, if you go through it, it's a harsh but necessary teaching experience. I suspect the most resilient of hodlers may have gone through a similar process, and that is why several of us advised mindrust to buy back in as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't think he followed this advice, so he became a no-coiner. It's sad, but if a few WOers can learn from his experience, more and stronger hodlers will be born.

I believe that he said that he bought back 1 BTC.. .so instead of having 10 BTC, he reduced his BTC bags down to 1 BTC thinking that it was a good way to cause him less emotions - with likely an effect of causing the opposite (in hindsight... as so many of us advised against).

Observing new ATH with relatively low volume.

Also, observing not many large sell walls before $25k

Also... running out of champagne.
#2020BitcoinProblems

*Edit Also, observing JJG in full keyboard warrior mode.

Very astute of you.   Wink   Tongue

So if mindrust sold 10BTC at $4k and rebought 1BTC at the same price means now he's up to $23k fiat-wise. So if he'd rebuy at least 2BTC instead of 1 he'd be up fiat-wise already now!  Grin 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 06:59:24 PM

I guess this feels similar to when we busted our 1k ATH...    Feels nothing like when we hit 20k last time.    ........
#HODL' good times!

I agree with you -- For the most part I was referring to the current sentiment.   I feel like this 20k is closer to when we broke 1k ATH and we have much more room to grow.   Let's say we remove the need to sell for living expenses and the original goal was to one day exchange corn to fiat.   I feel that as BTC continues to grow, people's urge to swap to fiat will drop.    

Years ago or just asking a nocoiner what they think they need to retire, the typical answer is in fiat terms.   I see this changing over time as BTC grows.   Still far from that at the moment but that is the direction I see things moving.   I assume it won't be in BTC terms either...   maybe a basket of digital assets that return a predictable rate.  

tdlr;   hodl.

Smiley

You had me nodding all the way WastedLTC, until you mentioned the basket of digital assets bullshit.  We should be trying to stay focused on bitcoin here rather than entertaining shitcoin talking points... ..

O.k. Maybe I am overreacting a bit, but fuck the shitcoins and the " basket of digital assets" bullshit.. that's a distraction to what bitcoin is actually offering.... sound money... helrow??

you are simplifying it too much. You are selling btc for cash, he might be selling for USDC or USDT, then getting 10-11% in interest. USDC is certainly a digital asset. Not sure why would someone call USDC a shitcoin, although it might be proven to be just that in eventuality. How much yield do you get on USD? A minuscule amount, no doubt.

I can say the same to you, Biodom (but opposite).  Didn't I just say that there are ways to develop a plan that does not overcomplicate matters and you have more assurances (fewer places) where your plan could go wrong (or blow up on you).     And, I am NOT even suggesting not to fuck around with some of the complicated matters in order to potentially supplement your basic plan, but a large part of my point is that there are decent ways to get the basic plan in order and have a lot of assurances in the basic plan without having to rely upon more complicated arrangements.

For example, if you have a plan that is already decently solid, then sure, maybe you can take 5% or maybe up to 10% (depending) and put such value in a more complicated investment vehicle.. but if you do not need to engage in those kinds of more risky practices and you don't really need the extra money, then what's the point in fucking around like that?  (I feel like we might be repeating our lil selfies in some of this back and forth that we have been having on this topic.. and there surely remains a decent amount of personal discretion in regards to these various kinds of allocations or use of more adventurous financial tools).
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 07:01:44 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2020, 07:18:33 PM by Gyrsur

for me this SARS-CoV-2 fits too perfectly to our modern border less world. why not SARS-CoV or MERS-CoV?

assuming they released it accidentally in November 2019 from this laboratory in Wuhan?

it would explain why they wanted to kept silent until end of January 2020.

The earliest known person with symptoms was later discovered to have fallen ill on 1 December 2019, and that person did not have visible connections with the later wet market cluster.[23][24] However, an earlier case of infection could have occurred on November 17.[25] Of the early cluster of cases reported that month, two thirds were found to have a link with the market.[26][27][28] There are several theories about when and where the very first case (the so-called patient zero) originated.[29] It is possible that the virus first emerged in October 2019.[30]
Pages: « 1 ... 27581 27582 27583 27584 27585 27586 27587 27588 27589 27590 27591 27592 27593 27594 27595 27596 27597 27598 27599 27600 27601 27602 27603 27604 27605 27606 27607 27608 27609 27610 27611 27612 27613 27614 27615 27616 27617 27618 27619 27620 27621 27622 27623 27624 27625 27626 27627 27628 27629 27630 [27631] 27632 27633 27634 27635 27636 27637 27638 27639 27640 27641 27642 27643 27644 27645 27646 27647 27648 27649 27650 27651 27652 27653 27654 27655 27656 27657 27658 27659 27660 27661 27662 27663 27664 27665 27666 27667 27668 27669 27670 27671 27672 27673 27674 27675 27676 27677 27678 27679 27680 27681 ... 33281 »
  Print  

Jump to: