April 25, 2024, 01:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27973 27974 27975 27976 27977 27978 27979 27980 27981 27982 27983 27984 27985 27986 27987 27988 27989 27990 27991 27992 27993 27994 27995 27996 27997 27998 27999 28000 28001 28002 28003 28004 28005 28006 28007 28008 28009 28010 28011 28012 28013 28014 28015 28016 28017 28018 28019 28020 28021 28022 [28023] 28024 28025 28026 28027 28028 28029 28030 28031 28032 28033 28034 28035 28036 28037 28038 28039 28040 28041 28042 28043 28044 28045 28046 28047 28048 28049 28050 28051 28052 28053 28054 28055 28056 28057 28058 28059 28060 28061 28062 28063 28064 28065 28066 28067 28068 28069 28070 28071 28072 28073 ... 33301 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367724 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 05:19:28 AM

Why every time I come here shitcoins are being discussed on WO? Is it some kind of a trend?  Angry

It's bull season. It's always been like this. Pump / Uppity --> Trollery / Shitcoinery.

It's fun, just enjoy it. We all know who's going to be the last one laughing.

what you are describing is right. but i also think it is kind of sad to see the lack of discipline. shitcoinery shits e v e r y w h e r e  in the "crypto-space"  it is like the smell of a rotten corpse, a regular maxi cannot get used to this stinky mess.

is it really asked to much to spare the WO with this bullshit? why do the folks that bring it in here not bringing it where it belongs? to the shitcoin threads. because no one is listening there? that should tell you something.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 05:45:48 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Yes you are completely right, I was on a shit reporting drive and mixed up your avatar with that other Bitvest participant Indymoney god dammit shame on me! Hope my publicly apologizing here (+per PM) is sufficient to you, it won't happen again!

I know these feelings, i constantly mix up messages and messengers when names are involved. But this is a different story.

Maybe unrelated:

The following statements might not be directly connected, but the emotional quality of most discussions has changed quite much in here, and it has a certain time based correlation with

THE PANDEMIC

It's that Covid shit fucking us and our lives all up. Slowly, but constantly. I experience this every day now, in some form or another. In family, society, friends, politics...
Yesterday i was watching a movie, people were close distanced, no masks, and it was the first time it all appeared fucking unnatural to me, before i realized that this pandemic life slowly becomes "normal life". This is a manifestation of the whole virus situation and social approaches to solve it slowly fucking us over, just because we were never meant to life our lives like that. We are actually slowly degrading as humans.
I feel the sentiment in WO slowly changing too, precisely since the start of this global shitshow. We don't even talk about it any more in here, and it's not because it's off topic, because dozens of things we talk about each week are OT as well. Many former active members have slowly gone quieter and quieter.

This is the crisis. This is our test as individuals, as family members, as communities, for society.

Either we evolve and handle the situation with care and foresight, or we just give in to the primal instincts of our genetic ancestors.

What would YOU prefer?

We're at WO are a minority, tied together by our dedication to BTC, Satoshi Nakamoto's present to us.
We should stand together as strong as we hodl, regardless if we think all other's opinion is worth some mushy shit or not.
Together we're sitting in this train which is going to the moon, so let's get our shit together and ENJOY IT, because for many of us it might be one of the last things we will be able to enjoy anyway, at least for some more time. Most of the "fun" is even up to come, like the expected hit on global economy.
I could go on pathetically like this, but i just hope you all know what i mean, even if i look like a over-emotional clown to some of you right now.

Gentlemen!

out of merit, will do later.

it is a global crisis of a century. a natural disaster (well, scope-wise, not saying it did not escape from some lab) that affects all human beings on the planet. this virus is so contagious that every single human being on this planet will have to deal with it. you either get it because of infection or in form of a vaccine. the immune systems of all human beings must cope with it. no way around that. i know i rather wait for the vaccine. it is there, it just needs to get produced on scale and distributed.

in my opinion, without the internet, we would have all ran havoc by now. tech is saving us. (it is possible that tech also got us there, i dont know)

for bitcoiners it is very weird to see the world almost falling apart while bitcoin is getting so valuable. the whole world went in kind of forced hibernation. when covid winter is over, we will make it out of our caves. it will be beautiful to meet again. humankind will have a party. the little bonus for bitcoiners is the amount of financial independence they gained.

for some areas, like for example where i live, the darkest hours are yet to come. but the silver lining is clearly visible, and it is real.

we will pull through. this is the crisis, but we will make it. hodl bitcoin and stay healthy. the rewards are breathtaking.

edit: new ATH before February 14th. i take bets.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 06:48:25 AM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Yes you are completely right, I was on a shit reporting drive and mixed up your avatar with that other Bitvest participant Indymoney god dammit shame on me! Hope my publicly apologizing here (+per PM) is sufficient to you, it won't happen again!

I know these feelings, i constantly mix up messages and messengers when names are involved. But this is a different story.

Maybe unrelated:

The following statements might not be directly connected, but the emotional quality of most discussions has changed quite much in here, and it has a certain time based correlation with

THE PANDEMIC

It's that Covid shit fucking us and our lives all up. Slowly, but constantly. I experience this every day now, in some form or another. In family, society, friends, politics...
Yesterday i was watching a movie, people were close distanced, no masks, and it was the first time it all appeared fucking unnatural to me, before i realized that this pandemic life slowly becomes "normal life". This is a manifestation of the whole virus situation and social approaches to solve it slowly fucking us over, just because we were never meant to life our lives like that. We are actually slowly degrading as humans.
I feel the sentiment in WO slowly changing too, precisely since the start of this global shitshow. We don't even talk about it any more in here, and it's not because it's off topic, because dozens of things we talk about each week are OT as well. Many former active members have slowly gone quieter and quieter.

This is the crisis. This is our test as individuals, as family members, as communities, for society.

Either we evolve and handle the situation with care and foresight, or we just give in to the primal instincts of our genetic ancestors.

What would YOU prefer?

We're at WO are a minority, tied together by our dedication to BTC, Satoshi Nakamoto's present to us.
We should stand together as strong as we hodl, regardless if we think all other's opinion is worth some mushy shit or not.
Together we're sitting in this train which is going to the moon, so let's get our shit together and ENJOY IT, because for many of us it might be one of the last things we will be able to enjoy anyway, at least for some more time. Most of the "fun" is even up to come, like the expected hit on global economy.
I could go on pathetically like this, but i just hope you all know what i mean, even if i look like a over-emotional clown to some of you right now.

Gentlemen!

out of merit, will do later.

it is a global crisis of a century. a natural disaster (well, scope-wise, not saying it did not escape from some lab) that affects all human beings on the planet. this virus is so contagious that every single human being on this planet will have to deal with it. you either get it because of infection or in form of a vaccine. the immune systems of all human beings must cope with it. no way around that. i know i rather wait for the vaccine. it is there, it just needs to get produced on scale and distributed.

in my opinion, without the internet, we would have all ran havoc by now. tech is saving us. (it is possible that tech also got us there, i dont know)

for bitcoiners it is very weird to see the world almost falling apart while bitcoin is getting so valuable. the whole world went in kind of forced hibernation. when covid winter is over, we will make it out of our caves. it will be beautiful to meet again. humankind will have a party. the little bonus for bitcoiners is the amount of financial independence they gained.

for some areas, like for example where i live, the darkest hours are yet to come. but the silver lining is clearly visible, and it is real.

we will pull through. this is the crisis, but we will make it. hodl bitcoin and stay healthy. the rewards are breathtaking.

edit: new ATH before February 14th. i take bets.

Could be tomorrow or Tue.
That said, there is a large increase in depression levels everywhere.
My coworkers (all working remotely) are reporting exhaustion.
This is what 10 mo of stress does to you. There is only this much adrenalin.
I am more concerned whether we basically going to normality only much later.
I already hear that we should still wear masks even AFTER getting vaccinated.
Well, maybe until most people are vaccinated as to not hurt their feelings of safety, but once >90% are done, f-k it, I would not wear a mask.
It would make no sense.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4134

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 07:14:03 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2021, 07:47:41 AM by AlcoHoDL

Why every time I come here shitcoins are being discussed on WO? Is it some kind of a trend?  Angry

It's bull season. It's always been like this. Pump / Uppity --> Trollery / Shitcoinery.

what you are describing is right. but i also think it is kind of sad to see the lack of discipline. shitcoinery shits e v e r y w h e r e  in the "crypto-space"  it is like the smell of a rotten corpse, a regular maxi cannot get used to this stinky mess.

is it really asked to much to spare the WO with this bullshit? why do the folks that bring it in here not bringing it where it belongs? to the shitcoin threads. because no one is listening there? that should tell you something.

I think WO has attained a high status over the many years of its existence, and everyone and their grandma wants to be part of it, or at least wants to post here, see the reactions, maybe get a couple of merits. Trolls crave attention, and WO serves as a playground for them. They come, dump their shit and wait for the smell to upset the residents.

We used to have BCH/BSV shills, who at least had something to say about things. We had r0ach who was not a shitcoiner, but a bitter Nazi nocoiner. I'm going to say this and you can hate me, but I liked r0ach's posts. It was fun to read his Jew-hating, Hitler-praising, PM-shilling nonsense. Like the crazy man in the village so to speak...

Then there was kwukduck & proudhon, the beartards. Again, fun to read and imagine who was really behind the keyboard. A whale having fun? A bitter mindrusted former coiner? Just a random someone with nothing better to do?

Currently I see the level of trollery and shitcoinery drop way below what it used to be. One could disagree with r0ach, but he could still defend his position with "evidence", no matter how nonsensical they were. Nowadays we just have what I call "kamikazi trolls", i.e., they come, drop a load of crap and leave.

Still, the trend remains, i.e., when we're in bull season there's increased troll activity. I wish this did not happen but it does. I just look at the price, enjoy the positive vibes, skip the bad troll posts, have some fun with the good ones. The beauty of WO is that it has achieved a way of self-moderation without some WO-policemen banning or removing posts constantly. Here there's total freedom, yet there is no chaos like in other threads. A kind of orderly anarchy. I like that.

Edit: Corrected typos.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 07:41:37 AM

It is annoying to you because you could not find a certain way to use them to stack Btc.

It's annoying because we're stuck in the middle with you.

You must be some kind of special moron philipma.
It's one thing telling us your portfolio - and another all together - shilling on the WO, day in - day out.

I get that.

I doubled down my shitcoin allocated BTC last month. This is the first time I mention this, and obviously the last.
Do you get that, or you're too much of a cunt?

I hate to say this but trying to ignore shitcoins is like wandering in the forest and pretending there are no trees.
Shitcoinery goes with the territory. No sense in getting annoyed about it.

Of course you would, but let's be clear.
It is philipma's constant manipulative shilling behavior/posts that is out of line in this thread.

BTW, there are no trees in the cryptoforest - it's just one tree surrounded by fungus - beneficial for both. Wink
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4134

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 07:45:33 AM

[...]

BTW, there are no trees in the cryptoforest - it's just one tree surrounded by fungus - beneficial for both. Wink

Epic comment!
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 07:46:21 AM

Why every time I come here shitcoins are being discussed on WO? Is it some kind of a trend?  Angry

what you are describing is right. but i also think it is kind of sad to see the lack of discipline. shitcoinery shits e v e r y w h e r e  in the "crypto-space"  it is like the smell of a rotten corpse, a regular maxi cannot get used to this stinky mess.

I think WO has attained a high status over the many years of its existence, and everyone and their grandma wants to be part of it, or at least wants to post here, see the reactions, maybe get a couple of merits. Trolls crave attention, and WO serves as a playground for them. The come, dump their shit and wait for the smell to upset the residents.

We used to have BCH/BSV shills, who at least had something to say about things. We had r0ach who was not a shitcoiner, but a bitter Nazi nocoiner. I'm going to say this and you can hate me, but I liked r0ach's posts. It was fun to read his Jew-hating, Hitler-praising, PM-shilling nonsense. Like the crazy man in the village so to speak...

Then there was kwukduck & proudhon, the beartards. Again, fun to read and imagine who was really behind the keyboard. A whale having fun? A bitter mindrusted former coiner? Just a random someone with nothing better to do?

Currently I see the level of trollery and shitcoinery drop way below what it used to be. One could disagree with r0ach, but he could still defend his position with "evidence", no matter how nonsensical they were. Nowadays we just have what I call "kamikazi trolls", i.e., they come, drop a load of crap and leave.

Still, the trend remains, i.e., when we're in bull season there's increased troll activity. I wish this did not happen but it does. I just look at the price, enjoy the positive vibes, skip the bad troll posts, have some fun with the good ones. The beauty of WO is that it has achieved a way of self-moderation without some WO-policemen banning or removing posts constantly. Here there's total freedom, yet there is no chaos like in other threads. A kind of orderly anarchy. I like that.

excellent analysis. i dont agree with the nazi stuff, though.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

I wonder why this got deleted?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Just wanna share this with you guys...maybe...just maybe it will help calm my nerves down

I found what i consider a gem today, so i was in a hurry to buy some before more people discover it and the price begins to go up, being an erc-20 token and only listed on uniswap and 1inch, i needed eth and i had zero eth on my wallet, fortunately, i had about $163 usd in my local bank account so i immediately took out $150 usd to buy some eth, after successfully buying eth from a centralized exchange, i quickly withdrew it to my trust wallet, the exchange took about $22 usd for Ethereum transfer fees so i was left with about $128 usd when the eth hit my trust wallet.

i quickly headed to uniswap to purchase my precious new found ticket to the moon, with my $128 usd in eth, i could have easily purchase about 2000 of the tokens but due to eth high fees, i brought it down to 1000 tokens so as to enable have some eth left for fees but surprisingly, when i clicked on swap, i was told that i don't have enough eth to cover the transaction fees, how much was the fees??? behold ! $87 usd, i was shocked, i didn't want to buy less than 1000 tokens so i decided to adjust the fees, after adjusting, i was able to bring the fee down to $42 usd, i was warned that my transaction might take a very long time before confirmation o might even be cancelled, i took my shot and clicked the submit button.

so the wait began ...

1 hour -- i was still waiting for a confirmation

3 hours -- i was still waiting for a confirmation

4 hours -- i was still waiting

5th hour came and some where in the middle of it, i got a notification from trust wallet that my transaction has been confirmed... i was happy, i quickly rushed to etherscan to view the transaction. lo and behold,, the transaction was confirmed but the token purchase didn't pull through, it returned an error saying like purchase wasn't successful due to low gas shit shit shit...WHAT THE F...KING HELL .. my $42 usd gone just like that HuhHuhHuh?? i was so fucking mad, in fact, if i knew where vitalik was, i would have called security men to have him arrested, i was devastated, i felt like crying, i was so mad at my wife and kid like its their fault,...it wasn't funny, out of $128 usd, i had just $86 usd left, i couldn't buy my precious ticket to the moon no more, its really a bad day for me today, i lost $150 usd just like that, that was all i had left in my local bank account, and now its gone all because of Ethereum high fees.

Oh shit this is the funniest post I've seen in years on this board, maybe I'll take you off ignore for awhile if you keep posting gold like this!
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:11:59 AM

Interesting date this Friday; 12022021
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:31:04 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I guess we don't want to elicit elaborate stories about other coins' failures taking up valuable reading time.

Talking about reading, I stumbled upon this article: http://www.convexitymaven.com/images/Convexity_Maven_Wages_of_Fear.pdf

TL;DR -> money printing brrrr, good for Bitcoin  Grin
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:32:23 AM

*x-files-theme-playing*
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:34:02 AM

Palindrome.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:36:49 AM

I'm just waiting for BBQcoin to make a comeback. It's due.

Namecoin is going to supersede DNS any day now...

Man, that brings back memories. What ever happened to Eligius and those "shelved shares"?

Elections in Holland next month on the 17th of March. Looking at the polls, this may be the momentum Wilderscoin has been waiting for since 2017. Cool
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:46:23 AM

I guess we don't want to elicit elaborate stories about other coins' failures taking up valuable reading time.

Talking about reading, I stumbled upon this article: http://www.convexitymaven.com/images/Convexity_Maven_Wages_of_Fear.pdf

I don't open pdf's, is it this?

https://climateerinvest.blogspot.com/2020/12/convexity-maven-wages-of-fear.html
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11997

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:15:40 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.msg4024416#msg4024416

Not the worst it seemsTongue Cheesy
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:24:23 AM

I don't open pdf's, is it this?

https://climateerinvest.blogspot.com/2020/12/convexity-maven-wages-of-fear.html

Yes, it is (and thanks for providing the link)
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:26:07 AM

Wow man. Going through some of the posts in that thread makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
It makes me even a stronger believer in BTC than I ever was (If that was at possible).
Last post in that thread was from Karpeles!
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 11:08:01 AM

^ Epic thread indeed. That first post is hilarious.  Cheesy

Last post in that thread was from Karpeles!

I'm not sure that's the Karpeles you are thinking of though. If it's Mark Karpeles of MtGox, this is his user -> MagicalTux.

Mark, if you're reading this, when can we expect to get our coins back? *cough*
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 11:20:42 AM

Looking at today's charts, I'm asking myself, am I the only one who's in urgent need of a vacation?

In case you're wondering: it's going downhill on the right side Lips sealed Grin

edit: I even forgot how to post images, so yes, urgent need for vacation...
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 11:23:41 AM

Palindrome.

Pokemon! Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 27973 27974 27975 27976 27977 27978 27979 27980 27981 27982 27983 27984 27985 27986 27987 27988 27989 27990 27991 27992 27993 27994 27995 27996 27997 27998 27999 28000 28001 28002 28003 28004 28005 28006 28007 28008 28009 28010 28011 28012 28013 28014 28015 28016 28017 28018 28019 28020 28021 28022 [28023] 28024 28025 28026 28027 28028 28029 28030 28031 28032 28033 28034 28035 28036 28037 28038 28039 28040 28041 28042 28043 28044 28045 28046 28047 28048 28049 28050 28051 28052 28053 28054 28055 28056 28057 28058 28059 28060 28061 28062 28063 28064 28065 28066 28067 28068 28069 28070 28071 28072 28073 ... 33301 »
  Print  

Jump to: