April 25, 2024, 03:17:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28396 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 [28446] 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 ... 33301 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367781 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 08:41:35 PM

I don't like chartbuddy, I just find it irritating.

But make a poll and we will see, if it comes out positive, then make another one after a month and see if people still like it.
I think a lot of new people in here have no idea what it is and how annoying it was.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 08:44:04 PM
Merited by LoyceV (2), El duderino_ (2), vapourminer (1), Arriemoller (1), serveria.com (1)

Bought a new car today, not quite a Lambo, Bugatti or Tesla, but very happy with it. Drives like a kart. 2 Litre petrol from 2008. Thank you BTC!

Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 08:45:11 PM

Is the laser eyes fad over now? Can I change back to my old avatar?
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 08:47:36 PM

Bought a new car today, not quite a Lambo, Bugatti or Tesla, but very happy with it. Drives like a kart. 2 Litre petrol from 2008. Thank you BTC!

Nice! Congratulations!
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2829

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 09:04:16 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2021, 09:15:15 PM by ivomm
Merited by El duderino_ (3), LFC_Bitcoin (1)

It seems that the americans are in the mood of selling in the last month. As the day develops in USA, the red hours on the unmentionable exchange are always in a row of 8-12. Which is pretty odd considering how inflatory and useless the $ is becoming each day. I really wonder how with small <1% profits or even cut losses they will cope with the inflation which is huge and perhaps heading to a hyper stage soon. Ok, go ahead, sell your 0.001BTC and feel rich  Grin More cheap coins before the next 20x increase  Grin

P.S. And the narrative that those stimi checks that the americans would use 10% to buy BTC, according to the surveys is just lol. It was logical and right to do, but... It turned out that not even 0.1% were used for that if we compare the volume in the last month with the previous months. Whether the "clever" americans think that BTC is now "too expensive" or just want to feel rich with that stimi checks and add to that selling with 1-2% profit their BTC stash is not clear. But it is quite "clever" indeed,... beyond comprehension.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11997

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 09:12:25 PM

Please resume the pump....
I know it’s  April grilling.
HODLsleep, good night.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 09:21:30 PM

Hello darkness, my old friend.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 09:36:34 PM

Not that i wanna piss on your Bonfire but.... SELL THIS BMW and buy a Series 3 one. This one you have is a terrible car, cause of its uneven weight destribution it makes it a death trap above 180+kph. But you know... dont take my advice, they are 100% spot on but peeps dont like em Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2021, 09:45:56 PM

A cAPSLOCK Saturday Long Post brought to you by COFFEE, "the liquid that keeps me going".
Great write up, I feel like WO is maturing to the point of people putting in hours of time to make quality posts (ie. the custom comic strip based on someone's dream). This thread is a hidden gem of the Internet and I hope nobody else finds out about it.

I would add to your post that the first Bitcoin wallets included a button for mining. That was eventually split out into separate layers.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 09:53:55 PM

Is the laser eyes fad over now? Can I change back to my old avatar?

It has taken so long, I can't remember if the laser eyes was for $100k BTC or getting the covid vaccine.  Either way, No!

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 10:00:44 PM
Merited by marcus_of_augustus (8)

Me? I'll be dead before all that Armageddon stuff happens, so I really DGAF...

The schedule's been updated. You might be in for a surprise.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 10:19:15 PM

why the hell would you sell now.

I have special needs  Angry

Dude...

I you need the money:
SELL!

Fuck the price. You want your dream come true: A ranch with a race track and all that.
So what are you scared of, actually?

I'm not a fucking hipster or something like that, and i never thought that i will ever write the following in a forum thread on the internet:
YOLO

EDIT: I may be biased, i already sold today to cover a part of the cost for my children to have a room of their own each, and also their parents   Wink
I go through the same kind of decision for months now, but in the end it's just my ugly lil ego that tells me not to sell below $XX.XXX
But this kind of thinking is bullshit. Now i sell when i need to.
It's a little twitch at most when hitting the SELL button now.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2021, 10:28:21 PM

I feel so strange, I paid $11k for my current car. Almost every car I buy is at least 10 years old...by buying a 10 year old car I get the same feeling up getting upgrades every time I buy my next car.

But with Tesla accepting bitcoin I want to buy a Tesla, but if it's a battery technology I know that it makes sense to buy a new car. So the Tesla I'd like to buy is over $100k. I can certainly afford it. But it's such a huge leap. The first house I bought was nice, had 3 acres of land and only cost me $85k. I just can't imagine buying a car that's more expensive than what I'd pay for a house (don't get me started on the prices of houses right now...).

Reminds me of the inflation rate throughout my career. When I started work in the late 90s the Social Security cutoff rate was just above my salary around $45k. My last job in the US the Social Security cutoff was just above my salary around $90k. Which means that throughout my whole career I really never truly got a raise. I just kept up with inflation (which is the point the Keynesians make about making workers think they're making more money).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 10:29:43 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1), strawbs (1)

Wasn't he referring to seasonal rains?

Isn’t it Bitcoin season?

Yes, since 2009 actually  Grin

Of course, overall bitcoin has done quite well since it went live in January 2009, yet who the hell really knew about it for some time... except for a few guys that were really in the nerdiest of nerdy circles in terms maybe having some potential technical knowledge.

And, still bitcoin did not really get any kind of attempts at tangible price discovery until around May 2010, the time of the pizzas transaction.. and maybe there have been some spreading of the news about bitcoin as the price was getting assigned to it and it was being found out about by more and more people.  I am pretty sure that I heard the word, "bitcoin" a few times before I looked into it, and maybe I just thought something superficial that it is a kind of invented money like Lindy Dollars or whatever.

I do believe that we should be attempting to consider some of the nuances of bitcoin's price movements and cycles which does seem to cause it to have seasons in which some folks could well be in a world of hurt if they are not able to figure out strategies to get through the cycles.. both financially and psychology, and surely hardly any of us were able to get into bitcoin in 2009 or even sometime soon thereafter be able to have some of the pleasures of experiencing the price appreciation of its whole life... We only know about bitcoin between 2009 and whatever time that we got in through the experiences of others - not that I am saying that you actually "have to" own bitcoin in order to benefit from its invention and they incentive systems that it has set up that will likely end up benefiting everyone, whether they own it or not... and sure the owners of bitcoin do seem to have gotten quite rewarded through the years and likely to continue to be rewarded as far as what seems to be likely in the future.

To level up, you need merits and activity, and to become Legendary you need 1000 merits and an activity of 775-1030 (chosen at random).

He had the merits, not the activity.

Gawd, i got it wrong (again). I'm not surprised, like most of you aren't too...  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Maybe BTC can buy me a reliable brain again in the future. But then i will be old, so i won't need it by then  Angry

Don't worry, the fact that you own BTC means that you belong to the top 0.1% of the smartest people on Earth. Your brain is fine.

I hate to quibble with a fellow bull - but seems to me that there is some level of smarts and luck in terms of finding out about bitcoin and then acting upon such knowledge.   When I found out about bitcoin in late 2013, I was so damned ready for it because it seemed to have been exactly the investment category that I was looking for and so maybe I am one of the rare ones in which the concept clicked almost immediately in terms of the proposition of bitcoin and my desire to get a stake in it, but I surely am not claiming to be any kind of genius in terms of the strategy that I established and if there might have been some better ways of going about my investment into bitcoin in terms of where I was at at the time that I found out about it.

And, yeah, I use the term "found out about it" loosely because I hardly even knew exactly what bitcoin was except for some descriptions of it and what it was trying to achieve, and so part of my initial goal was to start to get a stake in bitcoin but to also study the matter at the same time and to figure out if maybe I needed to readjust my strategies or my ideas about what it was that I was investing into.

There are so many people who neither had the luxury of being in the mental/financial place that I was when I got into bitcoin nor are there many people who have the luxury to spend a lot of time studying a matter...

Many of us heard about the August 2020 article regarding yuppies dismissing bitcoin (a r/bitcoin link on the topic, too), and yuppies are considered to be smart people, but the article is likely correct about some mental blocks that cause difficulties for them to take action in terms of either investing into bitcoin or researching into it more.  Most of them will likely come around sooner or later, and many of them are likely smarter than a lot of us here, just smart in different ways that end up causing them to be a bit of laggards in the likely largest transfer of wealth in our lifetimes, and perhaps the largest peaceful transfer of wealth in the history of man, perhaps?  perhaps?
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 10:40:47 PM

The fact you are here writing this, is due to you likely having received the following vaccines in childhood.
Diptheria
Hepatitus B
Haemophilus influenzae type b
Polio
Tetanus
Whooping cough
Meningitus B
Pneumonia
Roravirus 
Meningitis
Mumps
Measles

I was never vaccinated as a child. It wasn't until I was made to take them in my 30s to go to Iraq that I got my first vaccine.

I wouldn't really call the COVID jab a vaccine. Moderna wasn't calling it a vaccine when they developed it. They considered it gene therapy. But then they found out they can get out of liability if it's called a vaccine so...*poof*...it's a vaccine.

They just started testing this mRNA approach on humans in 2017 for flu.

While I think the mRNA therapy may be something that can help with future illnesses, I remember my mom telling me growing up "don't try any new medicine unless it's been out on the market for at least 10 years". Sound advice. Though the reality is that I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever taken any medicine.

You can all be the guinnea pigs for this new medical procedure but I'm fine focusing on a natural healthy body that can take on anything. I already had the COVID, it lasted about 2 days. The second day when I realised what it was I took Vitamin D and Zinc in the morning with 1g of Vitamin C every hour. It knocked it right out.

mRNA

As a veteran sir you have my greatest respect. I can also appreciate that having been a guinea pig once already for multiple vaccines including anthrax and botulism plus PB nerve agent pills and exposure to organophosphate pesticides, you do not want to repeat the experience.

The fact you have had Covid means you are already immune and not in need of a vaccine.

As the majority of children you grew up with, were probably vaccinated against childhood illnesses, this would have protected you who were not.

There was not 10 years available to test the new mRNA vaccine, however 100s millions have taken the risk with a new technology and been vaccinated, with few side effects other than not one single vaccinated person has died from Covid.

Where would any of us on this forum be without taking some risk with the then new  technology Bitcoin, with only one evident side effect, a huge increase in wealth. Bitcoin is no longer a risk, but the safest deposit account there is.

The (bastards) are still fighting to prevent a new ATH which would invalidate painting their false narrative of a double top (or even triple top according to proudhon) and a subsequent crash. Nope the new ATH is approaching with the short road to 70k and longer one to 89k ahead.

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 10:58:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Wasn't he referring to seasonal rains?

Isn’t it Bitcoin season?

Yes, since 2009 actually  Grin

Of course, overall bitcoin has done quite well since it went live in January 2009, yet who the hell really knew about it for some time... except for a few guys that were really in the nerdiest of nerdy circles in terms maybe having some potential technical knowledge.

And, still bitcoin did not really get any kind of attempts at tangible price discovery until around May 2010, the time of the pizzas transaction.. and maybe there have been some spreading of the news about bitcoin as the price was getting assigned to it and it was being found out about by more and more people.  I am pretty sure that I heard the word, "bitcoin" a few times before I looked into it, and maybe I just thought something superficial that it is a kind of invented money like Lindy Dollars or whatever.

I do believe that we should be attempting to consider some of the nuances of bitcoin's price movements and cycles which does seem to cause it to have seasons in which some folks could well be in a world of hurt if they are not able to figure out strategies to get through the cycles.. both financially and psychology, and surely hardly any of us were able to get into bitcoin in 2009 or even sometime soon thereafter be able to have some of the pleasures of experiencing the price appreciation of its whole life... We only know about bitcoin between 2009 and whatever time that we got in through the experiences of others - not that I am saying that you actually "have to" own bitcoin in order to benefit from its invention and they incentive systems that it has set up that will likely end up benefiting everyone, whether they own it or not... and sure the owners of bitcoin do seem to have gotten quite rewarded through the years and likely to continue to be rewarded as far as what seems to be likely in the future.

To level up, you need merits and activity, and to become Legendary you need 1000 merits and an activity of 775-1030 (chosen at random).

He had the merits, not the activity.

Gawd, i got it wrong (again). I'm not surprised, like most of you aren't too...  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Maybe BTC can buy me a reliable brain again in the future. But then i will be old, so i won't need it by then  Angry

Don't worry, the fact that you own BTC means that you belong to the top 0.1% of the smartest people on Earth. Your brain is fine.

I hate to quibble with a fellow bull - but seems to me that there is some level of smarts and luck in terms of finding out about bitcoin and then acting upon such knowledge.   When I found out about bitcoin in late 2013, I was so damned ready for it because it seemed to have been exactly the investment category that I was looking for and so maybe I am one of the rare ones in which the concept clicked almost immediately in terms of the proposition of bitcoin and my desire to get a stake in it, but I surely am not claiming to be any kind of genius in terms of the strategy that I established and if there might have been some better ways of going about my investment into bitcoin in terms of where I was at at the time that I found out about it.

And, yeah, I use the term "found out about it" loosely because I hardly even knew exactly what bitcoin was except for some descriptions of it and what it was trying to achieve, and so part of my initial goal was to start to get a stake in bitcoin but to also study the matter at the same time and to figure out if maybe I needed to readjust my strategies or my ideas about what it was that I was investing into.

There are so many people who neither had the luxury of being in the mental/financial place that I was when I got into bitcoin nor are there many people who have the luxury to spend a lot of time studying a matter...

Many of us heard about the August 2020 article regarding yuppies dismissing bitcoin (a r/bitcoin link on the topic, too), and yuppies are considered to be smart people, but the article is likely correct about some mental blocks that cause difficulties for them to take action in terms of either investing into bitcoin or researching into it more.  Most of them will likely come around sooner or later, and many of them are likely smarter than a lot of us here, just smart in different ways that end up causing them to be a bit of laggards in the likely largest transfer of wealth in our lifetimes, and perhaps the largest peaceful transfer of wealth in the history of man, perhaps?  perhaps?

Here's the full story:
I heard about bitcoin earlier than i considered to get some. I read about it, which was inevitable in my life as a computer nerd, pretty early. I can't name a year, but it must have been before the pizza event. Later, i heard and read something here, something there, prices, volatility... and i got paid in fiat pretty nicely, had a habit to use drugs in quite some of my free time. I didn't even think about investing at that time at all. In 2014 a friend told me how he was ordering drugs on the darknet and paying them with bitcoin. That's why i wanted to have BTC initially. Then i never bought, because i could get all the drugs i liked easily, so i had no intention to go the darknet way. I also had severe problems with fatigue, weak but low threshold immune response, and much worse memory problems, compared to today. Later, in 2017, i was planning to invest in it. I had three kids at the time, living from insurance money, so i had plenty of reasons to start shaping the financial future of my family. As i knew most of the "well known" fundamentals about BTC already, it was an easy decision. I also found out that i favored the idea of Bitcoin over the fiat system from the time i knew about it. Even if i end up poor, i would still prefer Bitcoin over fiat money.

julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 11:12:01 PM

I feel so strange, I paid $11k for my current car. Almost every car I buy is at least 10 years old...by buying a 10 year old car I get the same feeling up getting upgrades every time I buy my next car.

But with Tesla accepting bitcoin I want to buy a Tesla, but if it's a battery technology I know that it makes sense to buy a new car. So the Tesla I'd like to buy is over $100k. I can certainly afford it. But it's such a huge leap. The first house I bought was nice, had 3 acres of land and only cost me $85k. I just can't imagine buying a car that's more expensive than what I'd pay for a house (don't get me started on the prices of houses right now...).

Reminds me of the inflation rate throughout my career. When I started work in the late 90s the Social Security cutoff rate was just above my salary around $45k. My last job in the US the Social Security cutoff was just above my salary around $90k. Which means that throughout my whole career I really never truly got a raise. I just kept up with inflation (which is the point the Keynesians make about making workers think they're making more money).

Haha sounds VERY familiar.

Speaking of inflation, I hear so much around me about all kinds of stuff going up in price at a crazy rate. Not just real estate, electronics and stonks. Latest I heard is recreational vehicles! Gettem while they're hot!
heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 12:24:21 AM

I see we've broken 60k again. Let's make it stick this time
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 12:47:29 AM

Haha sounds VERY familiar.

Speaking of inflation, I hear so much around me about all kinds of stuff going up in price at a crazy rate. Not just real estate, electronics and stonks. Latest I heard is recreational vehicles! Gettem while they're hot!

In my line of work, starting salaries were going up very very slowly in the last 25 years.
I envisioned this in late 90ies, early 2000s when it became clear that Internet is a deflationary force (especially as far as the salary is concerned).
If not for various investments, my situation would be much worse.
Investments is US was the right thing to do in the last 20 years (or even longer).
I try to buy cars that are about 1 year old (certified). It seems to be that you get most of the value there for roughly half the price, maybe slightly more.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 12:56:36 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2021, 02:04:20 AM by BobLawblaw
Merited by suchmoon (9), LFC_Bitcoin (1), OutOfMemory (1)

I see we've broken 60k again. Let's make it stick this time

I'm hoping my little offering to Karhu gives us the momentum to finally break through solidly to $61k (fingers crossed)

Likely going to bed with blueballs tonight, tho...

EDIT: Fully executed. Have 100% of the liquidity I need to build out Phase I entirely. The tax payment this quarter is going to be fucking obscene.
Pages: « 1 ... 28396 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 [28446] 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 ... 33301 »
  Print  

Jump to: