March 29, 2024, 09:45:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 [28470] 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 ... 33205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336929 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 7591

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2021, 01:43:43 PM

I love waking up to a new ATH, these super pump years every four years gives me such a rush.
Too bad the coming year, with it's year long dump, will do the opposite, or will it?
I will try to sell the top-ish and park the money in stocks for the coming bear year, let's see if that can't give some kind of similar feeling, at least it will hopefully lessen the "down" feeling (if I pick the right stocks).
I'm thinking something stable and somewhat boring, like Ericson.

Don't worry, it's only for a year, then I'll be all in on bitcoin again, just parking my money to save it from the bear year.

Sounds risky to me.

Nah, even if the stonks should dump they probably won't dump as much as bitcoin traditionally does during the bear year.

You might be right. In that scenario however I think it will be alts that would face the biggest exists.
I mean, the Dogecoin rallies. Really?  Huh

Because it is well backed by hard iron = ie lots of asics.

If you believe in satoshi that pow and decentralized structure is good  (ie BTC)  than the step to have some belief for LTC/Doge merge mined coins does exist.

Basically almost no coins other than BTC make sense but LTC/Doge do if you believe that pow and decentralized structure works.

I did not bring up the subject of an alt coin you did.

I was asked not to talk about alts in this thread a while back. So I simply ask you to do the same.

BTW I cash in Doge yesterday and today. I convert them into LTC.  I then sold some of the LTC in fiat and the rest into you guess it BTC.

Please do me a favor and do not talk about DOGE or LTC.  
If you mine Doge/LTC like I do it is a way to get discounted BTC that is why DOGE rallies.

Here is the math. 20x L3+ miners earn  61 usd a day in ltc and now 39 usd a day in Doge that is 100 usd a day.

they burn 336 kwatts to do it. so at 10 cent power 100-33.6 = 66.4 profit.

or I pay 33.6 cent on the dollar for that coin which I change into BTC

That means I buy btc at 21504 a coin. With 10 cent power

And I buy Btc at 10752 with 5 cent power.

That is why Doge rallies along with LTC

I will make you a deal and not defend doge it you do not talk about it here.

This is not about ego bro it is simply why DOGE whales along with LTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 01:44:38 PM

I'll provide my "story" as well, as I pulled a Bawb as well and "took a little off the top" today.

Joined this forum 11/26/2013 after buying my first coin a month prior in October.  Bought the "top" at $1,000 back then, then continued to buy all the way down haha to $190.  Then I stopped, thinking oh man, what did I get myself into.  But never did stop believing.

What a wonderful opportunity this has afforded me, as I just took early retirement at age 50 and bought a second small home in Oregon and will be caddying part time starting around the end of this summer at Bandon Dunes.

What a majestic use of this invention, it propelled me to be able to step back and get out of the rat race at least ten years earlier than I would have been able to do without it.

So glad a friend emailed me an article about it at work one day.  I remember sending him .15 of a coin as a thank you, at the time, this would have been a $100 gift.  I do think he still has this $9k+ gift today.

Love reading all the success stories and am definitely trying to keep my stash as robust as I can, and will continue to sell the dips and buy at the top going forward haha

Wow, that's great to hear. I had 21 BTC at one point, then kept liquidating along the way, partly due to debts, partly due to holidays. Today i have less than 1 BTC but it has been a fun ride. I am debt free with a home already paid for, cant say i did too badly, but there is always that lingering thought of "What if...". Fantastic to see someone who actually harnessed the full potential of bitcoin! More power to you! Smiley

I was considering whether it is worth any kind of comment for anyone who has been into BTC nearly as long as me (going by your registration date) to be thinking that it is a good thing to currently have ONLY less than 1 BTC.. or even if we round up to 1 BTC, there seems to be something wrong with such a picture.

1BTC might not be a bad goal for someone who is either just getting into BTC or maybe only been in BTC for a year or two, but for someone who has presumably been in bitcoin for 7 years-ish, we should be concerned about such paltry level of BTC accumulation, no?

I am pretty sure that I told this story before, but I had a girlfriend in 2015-2016 who I introduced to bitcoin, and she started buying BTC around the lower $200s, and she acquired around 17 BTC, so in November 2015, when the BTC price shot up from mid-$200s to $504, she sold all of her BTC for around $350, and she made something like $1,900, so she was quite happy with her decision, and she said that she bought a nice purse with that money.  She was getting kind of nervous when the BTC price went up to $500, and I kept telling her to buy back.  At one point, she agreed that she would buy back at $300, and she would get back the 17 BTC or something like that.

So she was going to manually enter her BTC buy, and for like an hour the BTC price went down to her $300 buy price, and around that time, I sent her a text and asked her if she had bought back, and she said that she was "on the phone" at the time that the price had dropped, but she would buy back on the next dip... and sure she had quite a bit of patience, but the price did not dip to $300 again, and she ended up buying back some BTC around $415.. Maybe it was around 12 BTC or something like that, but for several months in mid to late 2016, she was reminiscing that she used to have 17 BTC, but that she would never be able to reach that level again, and part of her problem was that she had little to no conviction about BTC and she valued her wealth in dollars (or purses), and she would frequently proclaim that there was a need to live in the present and there were some difficulties that she had with delayed gratification. 

I kind of fell out of contact with her, and I am thinking that she surely does not have very many BTC.. maybe she has 1 BTC presently?  but I don't know.  She was not a dumb person, but she did frequently consider that she had abilities to outsmart the market, and I did attempt to impart some longer term ideas upon her that involved BTC accumulation.. but she had some struggles with those accumulation ideas - and maybe she continued to see a bubble or had fears of the BTC price falling so she could not hang onto her BTC through such periods.

I might have even started some her issues because I recall that somewhere in mid-to-late 2015, Circle had changed one of its features to depict account value in dollars rather than BTC, and my mom told me that she had clicked on that button  (I believe that my mom may have had 20 or so BTC at that time, perhaps?), and the BTC price was around $230, and I said "holy fuck.. they tricked you into selling all of your BTC" You better "unclick that button" as soon as possible to get back your BTC, otherwise you are going to get screwed if the BTC price goes shooting up and all your account (that you believe to be in BTC) is in dollars.  My mom followed my suggestion, and my GF said that part of her reason for playing around with converting her whole BTC stash back and forth between BTC and dollars was because I told her about that converting feature that existed on the Circle platform, and we both had laughed when my mom had converted all of her BTC into dollars - kind of implying that we were both smarter than my mom.. hahahahahaha.  Through the years, my mom had proven herself to be quite a bit smarter than that GF because even though she had some trouble getting back up to her all time high holdings of 21 BTC or so (perhaps similar to you, micky123, she still has a pretty decently sized stash, even though I think that she cashed out around 4 BTC in the $14ks in 2018. .and maybe she has been cashing out a few here and there along the way. 

Anyhow, I am having some trouble relating to anyone who has known about bitcoin, and who had been into BTC for 7 years or so to actually have only in the neighborhood of 1 BTC.. even though I do understand that there might be ways of explaining it, it seems to not be a very good example of how to approach this asset class.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 01:58:26 PM

If you do badly at school just say Proudhon was your math and science teacher.

Proudhon is my meth teacher.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 4355

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:09:47 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Another ATH ($64895 Stamp), a fat-finger micro-dip down to $61418 and leveling out above yesterday's high... currently $63675USD/$80070CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Whew. Ain't we got fun?

Go Bitcoin go.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:10:16 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

Anyhow, I am having some trouble relating to anyone who has known about bitcoin, and who had been into BTC for 7 years or so to actually have only in the neighborhood of 1 BTC.. even though I do understand that there might be ways of explaining it, it seems to not be a very good example of how to approach this asset class.

Being poor, being born into a shit situation/location, living paycheck to paycheck, and sometimes not even that..

That’s why I have been so adamant about NOT selling, because these lottery tickets are basically irreplaceable..
Were, even at sub 10k levels..

I’ve managed to get and hold onto more than one, but any pragmatic person in many of my past situations would have sold them all to keep up in real life, but I did not, and still will not..
I’m doing much better these days, but not everyone have disposable income for wild investments..

On another note, I bet half or more of DT1 on this forum can’t even sign a half a Bitcoin, much less one whole Bitcoin.. Many not even 1/4 or even 1/10th a coin..
How do you feel about most of the democratically elected community leadership on this forum (DT) don’t even have any skin in the game?

Especially the 3rd world althunter circle with +10 positive trust each in a circlejerk for “finding alts” and being obsessed with leaving red tags.. Most not even having 1/4mm sat to rub together..

Doesn’t seem like the most optimal situation to me..
What do you think?

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:14:57 PM

Barely broke ATH and everyone is talking about cashing out..

Naaaah not cashing out bro.... 

It is one of the simplest concepts in Bitcoin... the Neo/Morpheus meme.  And there are even folks amongst us who still think in terms of "cashing out".

It's a fine line, but an important one.  As long as fiat is still the lingua franca of commerce we will have to convert bitcoin to monopoly money to make a purchase.  For example when we are building our race track, or figuring out we will need to expand the garage for the McLaren.

But people who UNDERSTAND Bitcoin realize that this is just some vestigial friction that must be tolerated when it is actually time to EAT one of the Marshmallows we have saved up from having low time preference.

We are beginning to see this play out now... the most optimal "exit strategy" is not to exit.

It is to borrow against the most pristine asset the world has ever known. 

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:19:03 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

It happens. That's life. Some of us were not in very good positions to keep or maintain or hodl and had to survive, even before the pandemic, even before the bear market.

Basically what eddie13 said too.

At some point, because I simply do not have enough sats, I will also have to "cash out" a little bit. Hopefully there will be more of it left so the "no exit strategy" will work in a few years.

As a mentor of mine once said, it is a problem of having "too much month at the end of the money."
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:19:33 PM

Being poor, being born into a shit situation/location, living paycheck to paycheck, and sometimes not even that..

That’s why I have been so adamant about NOT selling, because these lottery tickets are basically irreplaceable..

I’ve managed to get and hold onto more than one, but any pragmatic person in many of my past situations would have sold them all to keep up in real life, but I did not, and still will not..
I’m doing much better these days, but not everyone have disposable income for wild investments..

On another note, I bet half or more of DT1 on this forum can’t even sign a half a Bitcoin, much less one whole Bitcoin.. Many not even 1/4 or even 1/10th a coin..
How do you feel about most of the democratically elected community leadership on this forum (DT) don’t even have any skin in the game?

Especially the 3rd world althunter circle with +10 positive trust each in a circlejerk for “finding alts” and being obsessed with leaving red tags.. Most not even having 1/4mm sat to rub together..

What do you think?

Well... i have been dormant for a while, only recently came back on. I do not regret converting my BTC into Fiat, especially since it gave me the freedom to not be in Debt! In hindsight, i can say that i made full use of the bitcoin i had, it actually all boils down to what makes you happy i guess! In my case, i used it for paying off my mortgage much faster than the 20 year plan i had (paid off in 2 years!). Paid off a new car, bike and went on umpteen holidays which is something my wife and I both love, invested in my hobby of diecast collection, which in itself is worth a fair bit right now!

Do i regret not having all 21 BTC, sure i do, i would have retired without a second thought if i had that kind of purchasing power but then i am looking at a retirement at 40 opposed to 50 which was my earlier plan and it is all because of Bitcoin!
_javi_

Activity: 968
Merit: 624

Still a manic miner

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:19:54 PM

Coinbase $COIN share trading is suspended for some mins...

Bitcoin is never suspended... and now we dump  Grin Grin Grin

micky123
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:20:30 PM

It happens. That's life. Some of us were not in very good positions to keep or maintain or hodl and had to survive, even before the pandemic, even before the bear market.

Basically what eddie13 said too.

At some point, because I simply do not have enough sats, I will also have to "cash out" a little bit. Hopefully there will be more of it left so the "no exit strategy" will work in a few years.

As a mentor of mine once said, it is a problem of having "too much month at the end of the money."

Dabs my friend, good to see you active on these forums! Heard you went through tough times too. Hope all well now! Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:33:52 PM

I used to send $$$ to Gox, Mark K. owes me.

Here's my birthdate here:
Date Registered:    July 02, 2013, 02:30:41 PM

I tried to mine some litecoin, never got a block. I was already late to the game on hardware to mine BTC. I knew about BTC a year before, but better late than never.

You started your BTC forum experience as a miner of litecoin?  So, when did you start buying BTC?  in 2013 or later?  Did you wait until 2021?  hahahaha

By the way, everyone is in BTC profits, even those persons who bought a week ago... that's what ATHs do to BTC HODLer/accumulator peeps.

Look away for 30 seconds, miss the new ath Sad

Huh?

Largely, I have been seeing BTC prices gravitating in the upper end of the BTC price range since about December  2020 when the ATH was breached once again (around 3 years after the previous time that it had been breached).  So, sure, since December 2020, we have had a few BTC price corrections and even a month between ATHs on three occasions, but still many ongoing ATHs along the way - and hardly enough inaction to really get bored or even to believe that something is awry..

Sure peeps get bored and want to read negativity, even into a positive situation, but still this situation continues to be almost too good to be true in terms of how it continues to be happening.. in other words, let's see some Ron Paul "it's happening" memes going on since about December 2020.. believe it or don't.. we have ongoing ccccciiiittttttttteeeeeeee,,,

, and no I do not really buy Phillips assertion of gradual sloping upwards blah blah blah.. but the fact of the matter is that we do have ongoing slopening upwards without really BIG corrections along the way, so far.  A great scenario and the "stability" of BTC prices that peeps be wishing for and that I claim does not exist in bitcoin. but even though I claim stability in BTC prices does not exist - especially during a war, we have been largely experiencing the thing that I ongoingly claim does not exist.  Go figure ur lil selfie.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:36:34 PM

"too much month at the end of the money."
Dabs my friend, good to see you active on these forums! Heard you went through tough times too. Hope all well now! Smiley

Hey there my friend!

Yes, quite active, particularly on this thread, not on the other sections as much. This is my fav spot.

Still grinding through life, maybe I have 10 to 20 years to retirement, hopefully sooner. Trying to stack sats, ending up spending them. There were a few kind people along the way and I am very grateful to them, and there were a few dead projects that came back to life and I've been getting some value out of them, sort of like a DCA into BTC.

If it goes up like I hope it would (and kind of expect, just a matter of time, a rising tide lifts all boats, but alts and tokens are not a good topic on this particular thread) then I'll probably do okay.
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:40:44 PM

"too much month at the end of the money."

Hey there my friend!

Yes, quite active, particularly on this thread, not on the other sections as much. This is my fav spot.

Still grinding through life, maybe I have 10 to 20 years to retirement, hopefully sooner. Trying to stack sats, ending up spending them. There were a few kind people along the way and I am very grateful to them, and there were a few dead projects that came back to life and I've been getting some value out of them, sort of like a DCA into BTC.

If it goes up like I hope it would (and kind of expect, just a matter of time, a rising tide lifts all boats, but alts and tokens are not a good topic on this particular thread) then I'll probably do okay.

Great to hear that you are fighting it all the way! Still doing the charity work? I wouldn't mind contributing a bit towards that! Smiley
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 7591

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2021, 02:42:36 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

What do you think?

I should have more than I do. But I have finally managed to position myself with mining to have a very good year.

I have a very good income stream setup now from the mining. I could retire and in a way I have retired other than running the mining farms.

At 64 I want to continue mining and stacking until 70.

So I have skin in the game. A lot of gear

I gave away 10-12 btc in the difficulty promos I ran for years to promote BTC.  Although Suchmoon did give me about 5 of the 12 coins to give away.  I used to use my signature to earn btc to give it away. I now do not have a signature actually a lot of Bitcointalk is people making $$ from signatures.

It was a very different game in the 2012-2016 era

After 2017 it was and is a large business.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:46:38 PM

Chopper update once again needed  Grin
'

vroom.. dee bot... put ur chopper asap.. would be nice.  In udder wurds, wake dee fuck up.. you have no rights to sleep.. especially if new ATHs are being touched upon.   Angry   Angry Angry Angry

Time for some FOMO to kick in?

With these images, are you trying to suggest that BTC is grandpa coin?   Your little diggs on bitcoin and your ongoing disgruntledness remains somewhat subliminal, no?

You really believe that there are better (technologically speaking) coins out there, but for some reason you fail/refuse to recognize and appreciate that bitcoin is NOT merely technology - its a paradigm shifting phenomenon that could completely ossify in its current state.. and still blow the fuck away the various material insignificant improvements that you are somewhat subliminally whining would make bitcoin "better".. in fact you better come up with something that is at least 10x better than bitcoin before you even have a chance of displacing a phenomenon whose time has come to disrupt the world and to transfer the wealth from the naysayers (whiners) to the believers and action takers (taking a stake in bitcoin).
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3801

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:47:59 PM

What do you think?

A good analysis of life's travails.
DT1? You mean on bitcoin forum ? Sorry, i don't follow that DT thingie.
gallianooo

Activity: 677
Merit: 346

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 02:48:51 PM

What time the COINBASE cotation ? still nothing on the NASDAQ..
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2653

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2021, 02:54:47 PM

Good afternoon WO!
Observing @ $63,090
It's time for $100k!!!
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3801

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 03:06:12 PM

What time the COINBASE cotation ? still nothing on the NASDAQ..

it is not trading yet.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2021, 03:06:31 PM

Good afternoon WO!
Observing @ $63,090
It's time for $100k!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 [28470] 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 ... 33205 »
  Print  

Jump to: