April 25, 2024, 06:07:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 [28475] 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 ... 33301 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 07:14:37 AM

r/wallstreetbets/  embracing bitcoin...

"After much deliberation, we've decided to allow for discussion about only BTC, ETH and DOGE only"

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/mqveqc/on_crypto/
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 07:16:42 AM

r/wallstreetbets/  embracing bitcoin...

"After much deliberation, we've decided to allow for discussion about only BTC, ETH and DOGE only"

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/mqveqc/on_crypto/

Finally paying respect to people with real "diamond hands".
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4134

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 08:11:49 AM

I've never smoked in my entire life.

My father was a heavy smoker (3-4 packets / day). He died from it (lung cancer).

One time, when I was in my early teens, my father called on me to talk to me. He said: "Son, if you want to start smoking, I won't stop you. But let me show you something." He then took his cigarette, he filled his lungs with smoke, and then he took a white napkin and exhaled onto it. The napkin turned deep yellow. He said: "That's what you do to yourself when you smoke. Now, you do whatever you want, it's up to you."

Since then, I've never even remotely considered the possibility of starting smoking.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 08:24:48 AM

Psychologically, the dependence is similar to heroin. ....

Agreed... difference being, you can be a junkie without stinking up the entrance
to public buildings or being a blatant douchebag litterbug, decorating every roadside with billions of disgusting dogends
because, hey now... one can just flick it out of one's car window....
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 08:38:44 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2021, 09:16:37 AM by strawbs
Merited by Hueristic (1)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56745139

Psychedelic drug psilocybin, found in magic mushrooms, is as good at reducing symptoms of depression as conventional treatment, a small, early-stage study has suggested. But when it comes to actively improving people's well-being and ability to feel pleasure, the psychedelic drug may have had a more powerful effect.
Psychedelics are being studied for a range of mental-health conditions.

There were a few discussions in here a while back about the beneficial effects of Psilocybin - OutofMemory and nutildah had interesting observations too I remember (but there was also some chump who dismissed it without ever trying it - he/she succumbed to my ignore button due to verbose, self-aggrandising, misinformed and rambling text).

Anyway, research is finally happening in UK (which is notoriously unprogressive when it comes to "drugs" - the common term used by media to nefariously label everything not prescribed by a doctor) looking into the potential positive effects on depression. Regardless of individual views on this, it's certainly an interesting space to watch. Microdosing is one of the great blessings I've encountered in this life. Almost as great as btc  Grin

[EDIT in light of quitting smoking chat: there's evidence that psilocybin can help with overcoming addictions too]
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2021, 08:48:12 AM

I hodl the doge and level up my sales.

2000 at 4 cents
2000 at 5 cents
2000 at 6 cents.
2000 at 7 cents
2000 at 8 cents
2000 at 9 cents
2000 at 10 cents
2000 at 11 cents
2000 at 12 cents
2000 at 13 cents
2000 at 14 cents

every one above is gone sold.

So i still have
1000 at 15 cents
1000 at 16 cents
1000 at 17 cents
1000 at 18 cents
1000 at 19 cents
  500 at 20 cents
  500 at 21 cents
  500 at 22 cents
  500 at 23 cents
  500 at 24 cents

while all of the above was listed and sold or is still listed.

it's kind of Market Making at the first look. interesting.  Grin
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 08:55:34 AM

i am a bit concerned with stockmarket/dodge/btc/everything pumping....bet everything 'adjusts' or 'corrects' about 15-20%
Right? Like, everything's fun and cool but it's kinda scary that we've re-entered a 2017-like phase of the markets where literally every shitcoin pumps. Wouldn't necessarily mind an even deeper correction but I'm more afraid of a crypto winter instead. Feels like there was so much hype ever since 2020 and I'm not sure how healthy this long of a hype is.

Damn, I'm so mixed up with my thoughts. I see Bitcoin pumping the hell up but I also see it dumping hard. And these alts are so damn tempting to get into right now just to multiply my BTC, but I know it's a somewhat repeat of 2017 and a lot of hands are gonna be baited and screwed hard by alts.. on the other hand, I've seen the markets for so many years and made enough mistakes to approximate when it's time to purchase alts and when it's time to dump them all, and it seems like we're right in between the two so I stretch out every millimeter of my brain thinking whether I should react in any way to the markets or just see my portfolio value act up like a tsunami instead again, lol. Had ~20 BTC only from 1 alt back in 2017 but greed took over. I've basically seen that turn from 1 to 20 BTC and then back to less than 1. Alts are great if you wanna multiply your coins quickly during these kind of times, but otherwise they're just traps waiting for the next victims
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:05:17 AM

Spring has arrived, sun is shining, bitcoin is rising.

What a life.
enjoying life with a sexy woman while seeing Bitcoin portfolio own that continues to rise is a big guys dream....what a life.

Seems like I'm living the dream Smiley

But yeah, life is not bad at all.
strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:05:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Any advice on how to stop Smoking Cigarettes?  Grin

Don't light the next one.

That's more or less how I quit. I realized quitting isn't an action, smoking is.

To smoke you have to acquire a cigarette and a source of fire. Then you have to ignite the lighter or match. Then you have to light the cigarette. Then you have to inhale the smoke. Those are all actions you have to take to smoke a cigarette.

To "quit", just do nothing.

In other words:

Every time you put out a cigarette, you've already quit. Just don't start again. It's that easy.

Exactly what Jimbo says. Also, pick a meaningful date on which to stop - a birthday, January 1st, birth of a child etc. Then you can say to yourself "I haven't had a cigarette since [insert memorable event]". You won't want to break your ability to make that statement again, which will give you an added incentive and motivation not to go and buy another pack.
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:09:06 AM
Merited by d_eddie (1), OutOfMemory (1), strawbs (1)

Psychedelic drug psilocybin, found in magic mushrooms, is as good at reducing symptoms of depression as conventional treatment, a small, early-stage study has suggested. But when it comes to actively improving people's well-being and ability to feel pleasure, the psychedelic drug may have had a more powerful effect.

There were a few discussions in here a while back about the beneficial effects of Psilocybin - OutofMemory and nutildah had interesting observations too I remember (but there was also some chump who dismissed it without ever trying it - he/she succumbed to my ignore button due to verbose, self-aggrandising, misinformed and rambling text).

Anyway, research is finally happening in UK (which is notoriously unprogressive when it comes to "drugs" - the common term used by media to nefariously label everything not prescribed by a doctor) looking into the potential positive effects on depression. Regardless of individual views on this, it's certainly an interesting space to watch. Microdosing is one of the great blessings I've encountered in this life. Almost as great as btc  Grin

Whenever I feel depressed or stuck with life I do mushrooms. A normal dose, not microdosing.

It works like a disc defragmenter (everyone used it in the past for sure) for the brain. Rearranges all the blocks and removes all the bad ones. If I felt that nothing works out anymore before the trip, then after the trip I always see that there's nothing wrong and I was just overthinking. Solutions to any kind of problems come very easily and life is good again Smiley
strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:24:16 AM

Whenever I feel depressed or stuck with life I do mushrooms. A normal dose, not microdosing.

It works like a disc defragmenter (everyone used it in the past for sure) for the brain. Rearranges all the blocks and removes all the bad ones. If I felt that nothing works out anymore before the trip, then after the trip I always see that there's nothing wrong and I was just overthinking. Solutions to any kind of problems come very easily and life is good again Smiley

Very nicely put. The disc defragmenter is a perfect analogy. The doctor quoted in the article I linked to above uses the words "reordering" "recalibrated" and "reset" which are also spot-on descriptors which I've heard used by other enlightened psilocybin users too. I love the stoned ape theory as well.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2484

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:34:10 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2021, 09:46:57 AM by BitcoinBunny

Dutch news this morning. House prices going up by 15%.
Official inflation figure is 1.3%

Most young people will be locked out of housing market.

Unsustainable.

Health news UK:
4.7 million waiting on NHS operations.
People waiting more than a year for simple surgery.

The only way forward would be to privatise healthcare.
I've already gone private obviously.

One of the first personal encounters of Brexit:
I sent a small package to a friend last week in The Netherlands.
I had to pay Tax/VAT twice as a direct result. The cost of extra vat was about 40% of what was in the package and 120% of the actual postage cost.
Friend works in industry dealing with pallets / imports & exports and is saying it is unsustainable this way for many businesses between UK and EU.

I expect a massive market crash in the next 18 months. Maybe it will only effect certain countries. I don't know. We seem to be heading into bizarre times.

Covid is still keeping businesses closed. Look at cases in France, Germany, Poland.

Again, unsustainable.

Surely airlines cannot survive.

But it is ok. The guy who runs KLM still got his bonus even though there was hardly a plane in the sky.

Madness.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2829

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:44:52 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2021, 04:25:37 PM by ivomm
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

i am a bit concerned with stockmarket/dodge/btc/everything pumping....bet everything 'adjusts' or 'corrects' about 15-20%
Right? Like, everything's fun and cool but it's kinda scary that we've re-entered a 2017-like phase of the markets where literally every shitcoin pumps. Wouldn't necessarily mind an even deeper correction but I'm more afraid of a crypto winter instead. Feels like there was so much hype ever since 2020 and I'm not sure how healthy this long of a hype is.

Damn, I'm so mixed up with my thoughts. I see Bitcoin pumping the hell up but I also see it dumping hard. And these alts are so damn tempting to get into right now just to multiply my BTC, but I know it's a somewhat repeat of 2017 and a lot of hands are gonna be baited and screwed hard by alts.. on the other hand, I've seen the markets for so many years and made enough mistakes to approximate when it's time to purchase alts and when it's time to dump them all, and it seems like we're right in between the two so I stretch out every millimeter of my brain thinking whether I should react in any way to the markets or just see my portfolio value act up like a tsunami instead again, lol. Had ~20 BTC only from 1 alt back in 2017 but greed took over. I've basically seen that turn from 1 to 20 BTC and then back to less than 1. Alts are great if you wanna multiply your coins quickly during these kind of times, but otherwise they're just traps waiting for the next victims

The best advice has always been: Do not invest in shitcoins! You could win but then you could lose all. The risk is too big. Besides, you will lose your sleep if when your shitcoin crashes day after day for 2-3 years, hitting 95%+ loss and no guarantees for a recovery. The shitcoin pumps were abundant in late 2017 indeed, but how can this be a sign for a coming bear market now? May be they attract the risky players more, but are they needed for BTC's price discovery? I don't think that the weak hands are good for BTC.

The other and way more important short- andl longterm market indicators are not present for such a U-turn currently. You can follow these market indicators on glassnode website or by just reading their articles. May be the things will change if the exchange reserve increases 33%+ and the 2 day pumps get close to those in Dec 2017. Then we had 66% pump from 11K to 19K-ish in 2 days, which was hardly sustainable and the weak hands got scared and started selling. With 6-7% daily pumps currently we are very far from such a scenario. But even if that happens again, it is a matter of 2-3 years max to recover and surpass the previous ATH. During that time - DCA only! It will be good enough for the next bull run, no need to be greedy and use shitcoins.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:18:30 AM

I expect a massive market crash in the next 18 months. Maybe it will only effect certain countries. I don't know. We seem to be heading into bizarre times.
It will affect the entire planet. Welcome to one of the biggest cons of globalization: if in the 2008 crisis whatever came in the US affected parts of the EU months or years later, today whatever happens in the US directly affects Europe in a matter of hours, days at most.

Groceries are much more expensive here today compared to 2 years ago. It's taking a hit on a lot of us, especially on those who've lost their jobs or were paid only 75% of their wages during full lockdowns. People are not able to save money no more - and even those who do have enough seem to rentlessly spend everything they got.

Housing prices are up here in Romania as well. $0.5-1 taxes have been added per parcel for online orders as a "safety tax", which is only removed if you pay with card. Things are definitely not going well and they'll likely only get worse in a matter of time. I expect at most a few years to go until the real issues come up, and all I'm wishing for is that we don't end up in a Venezuela-like crisis.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3507

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:24:57 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2021, 10:44:03 AM by vapourminer

Any advice on how to stop Smoking Cigarettes?  Grin

Don't light the next one.

That's more or less how I quit. I realized quitting isn't an action, smoking is.

To smoke you have to acquire a cigarette and a source of fire. Then you have to ignite the lighter or match. Then you have to light the cigarette. Then you have to inhale the smoke. Those are all actions you have to take to smoke a cigarette.

To "quit", just do nothing.

In other words:

Every time you put out a cigarette, you've already quit. Just don't start again. It's that easy.

vaping can both make it easier and harder to quit cigs. easier because, unlike a cig, it wont stay lit till its done (cigs add chemicals to keep it burning, contrast that with a cigar with no chemicals.. it goes out when you leave it). so, light a cig and you pretty much are forced to smoke the whole thing as its gonna burn down to the filter anyway. plus it coats everything with that nice orange gunk.. (smokers just look at your computer innards and fans.. eeeew man mine were soooo disgusting).

vaping. press the button, inhale or once or twice, put it back in your pocket nice and neat, done. and those subzero mods can put out clouds of vapour of sizes that you have to see to believe. and no ash, no ashtrays that stink, no orange coating in the rooms etc. of course theres maintenance - cleaning, replacing seals, coils etc. but thats was actually an attraction to me.. kinda calming doing coils maintenance and whatnot.
so vapes prolly safer than cigs as there are waaaay less chemicals but still harmful to the lungs.

so i switched to vaping years ago but still like that throat hit a good vape gives. and while theres zero nicotine juice, that throat hit isnt there.. the nicotine seems to be that thing that causes the hit, not the vapour. so still hooked on vaping nicotine. im a weak ass punk, i admit it.

but man no kidding who wants to become rich just to die early from something like smoking. plenty of others ways to risk an early death that are much more fun.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2484

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:49:10 AM

Sister in law died from lung cancer presumably due to smoking.

I'd urge anyone to stop smoking. Don't even vape. Don't even use shisha as nice as it is.

Furthermore it looks like Covid isn't going away any time soon.

Personally I think not smoking and somewhat controlling weight will help me more than a vaccine at my age.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3507

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:54:45 AM

are we poor again? i cant remember the cutoff points anymore
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2048
Merit: 1182

Never selling

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 11:00:23 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2021, 11:32:12 AM by somac.

Maybe not poor but I'm surprised that we are slowly drifting down. After breaking through heavy resistance like we did I thought we would of pushed higher to a 15-20% move. Can still happen of course, but I wonder if the shitcoins are stripping too many BTC buyers away right now. Good for the institutions though, on chain is still showing that the larger players are hoovering the coins up.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 11:04:42 AM

Since we embraced bitcoin we became rich by definition
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 11:33:40 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (4)

Sister in law died from lung cancer presumably due to smoking.

I'd urge anyone to stop smoking. Don't even vape. Don't even use shisha as nice as it is.

Furthermore it looks like Covid isn't going away any time soon.

Personally I think not smoking and somewhat controlling weight will help me more than a vaccine at my age.

I keep vaping, but only pure 'erbs. Preferably biologically grown. No extracts, oils or anything like that.
Fine ground marijuana at 195°-200°. Mostly harmless  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 [28475] 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 ... 33301 »
  Print  

Jump to: