April 19, 2024, 06:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 [28484] 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 ... 33278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364040 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 02:44:09 PM

[edited out]

Yupp

A friend of mine from my old job started vaping instead of smoking. He got a cough so severe he had to pull over if he was driving because he was on the verge of blacking out (he's a lorry driver).
When he switched back to cigarettes the cough disappeared.

The cough was his lungs trying to heal themselves.  He blew it.

Some people are retarded when it comes to topics like that.  Their short-term desires overwhelm them and then they come up with excuses for why they are doing the thing that is clearly going to accelerate their death.

I'm going to take advantage of all these idiots buying doge and put a volatility bot out there and kill on btc/doge.

Gotta take advantage of these seriously shit shitcoins and make some corn on em.

Yeah right... that sounds like a great plan.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am thinking, personally, that the ONLY ways to win is to NOT play.. but each of us have our own views about our skills and abilities.. hopefully you are not putting too much value at risk.. or really leveraging with margin that could reck you way faster than you would normally just reck ur lil selfie with the normal passage of time...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.
I don't know man I'm sitting at near 10% profit since setting up the bot last night. I didn't throw too much at it, but it's nice and I expect more as it comes crashing down. I think this might be my way of taking advantage of the coins noobs are rushing.

Bots can surely take care advantage of volatility, and so it is likely a much better system than one that uses margin... so I suppose if you have the parameters set that cause you to be profitable in either direction - maybe biased towards down (but holy shit.. doge hardly even worth a penny but now has gotten up to nearly $.45.. )... so really crazy...

Doge? wtf Cheesy

I hear doge is going to be the new BTC. Nah, just kidding but wouldn't surprise me if plenty of shills are out their saying that.

What's nuts though is everything. XRP for gods sake, and binance coin?? Seriously, a coin for a dodgy exchange worth almost 80 billion.

I don't like where this is going. Not because I'm worried these oscillators will dethrone BTC, they will have their 90% crashes again, but rather that this kind of crazy stuff has signified market tops in the past.

other day i had the geo dude over to check over and do an annual checkup on our geothermal hvac and dhw system. hes part owner of the company that installed it (he was there busting his ass just like his crew when it went in), has engineering degrees etc. iow no dummy. older gent, on the verge of retirement (loves his work and company though so prolly wont retire till he has to)  and what does he come up with out of the blue? "ever hear of bitcoin?" i mentioned ive looked into it and played with it (didnt go into detail of what i had of course and he never asked, and i didnt ask him of course either) but we did get into the decentralized part, fixed supply, trustless, the inflation of fiat, musk and other institutions getting btc on their balance sheets instead of fiat. spoke of banks that years ago closed accounts for being hooked to exchanges and now are tripping over themselves to get in on the action. and other signs that fiat is on its way out. he was surprisingly knowledgeable on a lot of it already. while of course btcs been all over the news lately too but not the parts we discussed, so he had done some digging on his own.

but. he seemed to like doge coin because of musk. i mentioned it started as a joke and while money can be made with it, btc was the Real Deal.

hoping he has a stack of btc sitting around. damn hard worker, he deserves not to have his retirement ripped out from under him by our ever helpful brrr machine.

hahahahaha

Maybe it was a WO member?  Not so far gone as Save the Rf, but some Save the RF lite.. who got distracted into Doge - believing that there is some value there merely because of celebrity endorsement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 02:59:44 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), nutildah (1), Arriemoller (1), Parazyd (1)

Bought a physical painting today. Feels much better than the NFT hype.

I'm parlaying part of my Bitcoin holdings into an absolutely bonkers AFA Graded Star Wars Stormtrooper and Mandalorian collection.

Action figures are sorta like paintings, no?

hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:02:05 PM

Looks like the terrible confirmed news (for bitcoin) out of Turkey plus the failing COIN listing have finally popped the last bubble and caused the bitcoin market to begin catastrophically crashing. Sad days ahead for bitcoin fans.

Really shows how much you know...

COIN didn’t IPO, so true price was determined by the market after the opening bell, which was what they intended.

As far as I know, it isn’t trading at $0.00, so definitely not a failure... math and science confirms this...

Turkey banning crypto, bad news? I think it just confirms that Turkish Lira will fail not Bitcoin... again maths and science...

As for your chart... you did that back at 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k, and 60k... should we prep you a few more at 70/80 /90 and 100? I think you will need it, math and science confirms it...

Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:04:39 PM

Looks like the terrible confirmed news (for bitcoin) out of Turkey plus the failing COIN listing have finally popped the last bubble and caused the bitcoin market to begin catastrophically crashing. Sad days ahead for bitcoin fans.

COIN didn’t IPO, so true price was determined by the market after the opening bell, which was what they intended.

As far as I know, it isn’t trading at $0.00, so definitely not a failure... math and science confirms this...

Turkey banning crypto, bad news? I think it just confirms that Turkish Lira will fail not Bitcoin... again maths and science...

As for your chart... you did that back at 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k, and 60k... should we prep you a few more at 70/80 /90 and 100? I think you will need it, math and science confirms it...

Oh it's proudhon, he's been doing this a long long time..
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:05:44 PM

I'm parlaying part of my Bitcoin holdings into an absolutely bonkers AFA Graded Star Wars Stormtrooper and Mandalorian collection.

Some people like art, some like action figures...

I have been collecting NBA Graded Rookie Cards for the last 8 years... some have increase over 20x... there is too much cash floating around... it is crazy!
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:15:35 PM

I have been collecting NBA Graded Rookie Cards for the last 8 years... some have increase over 20x... there is too much cash floating around... it is crazy!

I got some hockey cards which I got for free (or free with coffee or something), unopened. Mint condition. Probably going to hold onto it for another 10 to 20 years and see if I get something out of it later.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:22:40 PM

ot ====> doge is winning Grin Cheesy Kiss reeeeeeee it's 2013 all over again #dankmemes

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:23:34 PM

>

woof woof
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:23:59 PM

I got some hockey cards which I got for free (or free with coffee or something), unopened. Mint condition. Probably going to hold onto it for another 10 to 20 years and see if I get something out of it later.

hodl NFTS ftw! :-D REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4421

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:26:04 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

I see we're about halfway back up after a little $3k dip... currently $61345USD/$76785CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Still in the $6xxxx range.

Go Bitcoin go.

No freaking kidding.

An actual painting beats a virtual painting just like driving an actual car beats looking at a car ownership document, swimming in a private lake beats looking at a picture of a lake, or sex with a real women beats an inflatable plastic doll.

You can tell a lot by the smell. Can you still smell the aroma of the paint? Is it as nice as the smell of a new car, a lakeside breeze, or a horny woman?

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2021, 03:29:40 PM

I see we're about halfway back up after a little $3k dip... currently $61345USD/$76785CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Go Bitcoin go.

No freaking kidding.

An actual painting beats a virtual painting just like driving an actual car beats looking at a car ownership document, swimming in a private lake beats looking at a picture of a lake, or sex with a real women beats an inflatable plastic doll.

You can tell a lot by the smell. Can you still smell the aroma of the paint? Is it as nice as the smell of a new car, a lakeside breeze, or a horny woman?

Smells like oil paint. It's good Cheesy
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:32:44 PM

Go Bitcoin go.

No freaking kidding.

I live at a lakeside so I almost know what you're feeling. Nice property but still, other people at my lake too Cheesy
EatonABooger

Activity: 151
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:36:13 PM

I have always wanted a Han Solo in carbonite (this post has rekindled that old need).  I think I will purchase one - to the ebay machine ...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:40:42 PM

ONLY negative.  Just practice.  Maybe go to the mere every day and figure out a few negative things to say about shitcoins, and then once get used to practicing, then it will be easier here.

I'm not that type of person sorry, but I do refrain from talking about shitcoins in this thread. I always think positive about many things. The existence of shitcoins is actually positive for bitcoin.

I would not frame the existence of shitcoins as a positive for bitcoin, but it is a real anticipated phenomenon that a lot of fucking dumb people (and even some smart ones) are going to get involved in snake oil salesman imitations.  Satoshi has a post saying something like that, so he anticipated such a phenomenon from the beginning... does not mean that it is a positive for bitcoin, even if some positive discoveries and developments can be sourced to the existence of shitcoins.

Yeah, but it is NOT on topic.

Many things aren't, but you seem to be responding to this particular stimuli. Tongue

Of course, it has been the case for years that the only off-topicness that really matters and has deleterious effects in the thread if attempting to talk positively or "neutrally"  about shitcoins is allowed to persist.. needs to be nipped in the bud whenever it happens.. otherwise you have ongoing talk about shitcoin x, y z.... blah blah blah.. and there are more than 8k possible shitcoins with their various stupid-ass talking points, whether ethereum, doge, various bcashes or some of  the other random and unimportant of the 8k shitcoins.  

Other topics fade away sooner or later and they are no real threat to the on-topicness of the thread.

Again, you are trying to make this about me.. and fuck that.. if you either want to talk positively or "neutrally" about shitcoins in this thread, its more about you wanting to change the thread rather than me getting worked up about it... because I am ONLY attempting to express the sentiments of the thread overall.. and sure I don't reflect the rules and I might not even get it right exactly.. but I have a pretty decent sense that attempting to either talk positively or neutrally about some shitcoins is very problematic.. unless it is merely an incidental occurrence that is tied to some other relevant thing that you are attempting to discuss.

Oh?  It sounded to me that you were criticizing me for not being diversified enough into other projects... or kind of a vague criticism, but still.

I don't think I was talking to you specifically or about you, as I understand clearly you are not into any sort of "diversifications" or "allocations" as far as bitcoin and the rest are concerned. I know that, and I'm into that, so ... don't know where it seems that you thought I was criticizing or anything.

I am NOT against diversification.  In 2013, I started out getting into bitcoin by having a variety of investments including some that have pretty much enough income to sustain me at basic levels.. So part of the reason that I got into bitcoin was to diversify a bit away from the dollar.  The more that I thought about a variety of my investments that I had at that time, the more that thought that they were quite considerably connected to the dollar and I needed some hedging in my overall plan.  When I looked into gold, there were various aspects that I did not like, including costs of actual physical gold, and encumbrances of actually having to manage physical gold, and the paper gold prevalence caused me some concerns about the possibility that gold was also not sufficiently non correlated with the dollar, and when I found bitcoin, I nearly immediately considered it as a potentially pretty decent complement to my
thinking at the time about what I needed in my investment portfolio.

Also, in late 2013, I had a decent extra chunk of money that I was needing to invest and right before looking into bitcoin, I had invested about 1/4 of that money into a variety of index funds of varying categories, so when I found out about bitcoin, I pretty much allocated the remaining 3/4 towards investing into bitcoin for the next 6 months (which was largely between December 2013 and May 2014), and that I would research further into bitcoin.  Furthermore, I immediately put a very small chunk into around 7 altcoins, just so that I could monitor them as well over the next 6 months while I was considering what further to do in regards to what I had allocated into bitcoin and whether I would continue after my first 6 months, which I did end up continuing with ongoing DCA investing and accumulating and even after about a year had passed, that initial 1/4 that I had invested in other funds, I did end up withdrawing from those other funds and putting that into bitcoin in November / December 2014.

So I am not really against diversification because I have continued to stay diversified, even in late 2014 when I was considering taking about half of my then 401k amount and putting it into bitcoin, which would have largely doubled my then BTC investment.  I decided against it, partially based on the grounds that it is good to remained somewhat diversified and my then nearly 10% allocation into bitcoin (when measuring my total quasi-liquid investment portfolio) was sufficiently enough to keep into bitcoin.

O.k... so in regards to bitcoin and the rest of crypto, I have quite a bit of difficult times considering diversifying beyond bitcoin because bitcoin represents the category and the thing that I was attempting to achieve, which was a hedge against the dollar.  The rest of crypto is either dependant on what bitcoin does - so diversifying into other cryptos largely seems to just add additional risk without really achieving much if anything that bitcoin cannot already accomplish.. and surely I don't want to get invested into various scams, either.  

So I continue to just NOT be into any of the other cryptos, even thought I own a wee bit of about 6 different coins (I believe which are different from what I had bought in late 2013, because I sold all of my late 2013 altcoins and I repurchased my current shitcoins (or I was airdropped) in 2017-ish.  They are XMR, ETC, ETH, LTC, BTG and BNB.  I just did a quickie ballpark estimation of my BTC holdings, cash holdings (dedicated to Bitcoin - I count USDT as cash even though officially it is not but whatevers) and shitcoins, and the value of all of those shitcoins put together add up to about 0.7% of my total BTC/cash value, and that is putting my cash (including USDT which is about 1/3 of my cash) at about 3% and BTC at 96.3%..  

So, I am not against diversification, and when it comes to "crypto" if you believe that you might be achieving some kind of objective that you want to achieve by diversifying outside of bitcoin, then that remains a choice that each person is free to make.  I don't see any need in my portfolio for any non bitcoin crypto besides the wee bit that I already hold or if I were to come across some project that might seem interesting I might invest, but likely it would be somehow related to bitcoin rather than some non-bitcoin crypto project.. but never say never, if I were to come across something that seems interesting to me and I don't get a sense that it is a scam from the start.

By the way, like quite a lot of bitcoin (and even crypto) peeps, I have quite a bit of extra value that I could throw at various projects if anything were to strike me.  I do have one or two projects already in mind in terms of putting my value into them, but those would largely be kinds of broader giving back to bitcoin type projects with general bitcoin applicability rather than anything that I would expect a return on - and I suppose if I were to get any return, I would just fold back into the projects and those projects are merely in rudimentary states of thinking through rather than really setting anything up yet... I might start a thread on it when I get a bit further along... perhaps.

Let shitcoiners be shitcoiners, sometimes people just need to go through that to learn something.

I am not attempting to say that the shitcoiners should not be able to shitcoin.  Just get the fuck out of here with that nonsense... there are a lot of places that they can shitcoin, and I am not criticizing those conversations from taking place.. and I don't tend to go to any of those places either..
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:41:41 PM

Go Bitcoin go.

No freaking kidding.

True, but it is a mixed bag on books. I still like physical (books also smell, sometimes enticing, sometime peculiar). Also, a look at the tome and handling it is exciting (to me).
That said, I am gradually worming up to e-books, especially those which you only need to read once, which is most of them, probably.
BTW, I have a physical painting with some small amount of btc inside. Is it a wallet or NFT?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4421

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:50:21 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2021, 04:05:52 PM by JimboToronto
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

No. Action figures are more like collectable dolls, plates, or numbered prints.

Real art is original. It is of extremely limited supply (only 1). That's why it's so valuable. Like Bitcoin.

Numbered prints are just pictures of art. They can be printed up in any number. That's why they aren't really worth more than the paper and ink to print more.

Same with action figures. Fire up the production line and crank out some more. Like Ripple.
greensheep

Activity: 278
Merit: 44

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:53:33 PM
Merited by aesma (1)

Voila, sold my DOGE (which were bought in summer 2019) for some extra bitcoins.
Patience is everything, glad I could finally get rid of them.

And now pump it to 100k+

Planning to ride this bull as:

(saw him during a walk last sunday, that can't be coincidence Cheesy)

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 04:14:36 PM

pwned by our trollama! Have you heard him singing BTW? Well worth a YouTube search (proudhon song)  Wink
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 04:16:25 PM

I am NOT against diversification.

I am also into diversification as far as other asset classes are concerned, especially ones you can actually put in your registered retirement accounts (401k, IRA, ROTH, RRSP, TFSA, or equivalent.)

Those usually involve either mutual funds or broad based index ETFs, and not particularly the crypto kind like GBTC. What I did put in mine were BTCC and before that QBTC.

But those are entirely different asset classes, usually along the lines of stocks/equities and bonds. S&P 500 or Total Stock market, that's the kind of "diversification" that would be simple and "easy" to understand, not picking some 10 or 20 different ones, although my father did tell me to get some Amazon years ago.

In crypto, its mostly 99% bitcoin. 1% everything else. In my case, that smaller percentage has gone up without me adding more to it and I'm always taking out of it (but not the capital, basically I'm farming the "interest" out of it as long as I can.)

By the way, like quite a lot of bitcoin (and even crypto) peeps, I have quite a bit of extra value that I could throw at various projects if anything were to strike me.

And there you go. All's good. I don't know what got you into thinking it was about you or anyone in particular. It's always about everyone here, as a group, in general. Was never into anyone specific unless that was mentioned. I mean, roach will be roach, proudhon will be proudhon, and I just let them be.

Ok fine, JJG will be JJG ... always replying with walls. Smiley After all, this is the "wall observer".
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 04:20:20 PM

Real art is original. It is of extremely limited supply (only 1). That's why it's so valuable. Like Bitcoin.

I'm not much of an art person, although I have made some original art myself, but then I'm a no one so who cares about "Dabs' painting" right? However, I do appreciate some certain replicas of not so famous art paintings.

There are even markets for these, original oil hand paintings, but obviously mass produced and copied or inspired by greater artists of the past, plus they are cheap too. However, because of that, they aren't very valuable more than a token amount above the cost of materials and the time to create them.

The most expensive paintings are from dead artists ... the longer they are dead, the more expensive.
Pages: « 1 ... 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 [28484] 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 ... 33278 »
  Print  

Jump to: