March 28, 2024, 08:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 [28504] 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 ... 33204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 09:35:29 PM

Good for me....  Cheesy

Yes... my thoughts are that there is no usual in bitcoinlandia, and king daddy gives few shits about what you think it might do.

You can surely lose money in "crypto" by HODLing it.... that's for damned sure.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3472

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 09:35:44 PM

<snip>

edit: and i can feel those  Pfizer 5G nanobots feeding me lifeforce as i type, especially now that ive had the 2nd injection. 5 bars of 5G signal on my phone now and no 5G towers in 100 miles of here. sweet bonus, that! i have become.. become.. well.. something.

I don't believe you that, you know.
Because the Pfizer shot does contain no hydrogel which in turn is obviously needed for organically based wireless transmissions and nanobot implants.
Therefor: definitely no internet connection with the Pfizer shot and you will also not get better 5G signal either (math, science, etc.). Hell I even am not sure if you've really got any nanobots, people can say anything on the internets and I am 50/50 you are just bragging around with your nanobot implants  Grin

That's what the gubbermint of OZ has to say about the topic of internet connections through vaccines (they only talk about the Pfizer shot, so I wonder if the moderna stuff has better connectivity):

[...math and sciencey stuff edited out...]

so now i need two moderna shots in addition to my 2 pfizers for the full 5G nanobot lifeboosting effect? great. just great. the things we put up with just for the chance of some random superpower.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3797

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 09:36:22 PM

There is NO consensus that 1mil gives you 3.3 thou a month of passive income.
Where are you getting these numbers?

https://www.schwab.com/resource-center/insights/content/beyond-4-rule-how-much-can-you-safely-spend-retirement

One frequently used rule of thumb for retirement spending is known as the 4% rule. It’s relatively simple: You add up all of your investments, and withdraw 4% of that total during your first year of retirement. In subsequent years, you adjust the dollar amount you withdraw to account for inflation. By following this formula, you should have a very high probability of not outliving your money during a 30-year retirement according to the rule.

For example, let’s say your portfolio at retirement totals $1 million. You would withdraw $40,000 in your first year of retirement. If the cost of living rises 2% that year, you would give yourself a 2% raise the following year, withdrawing $40,800, and so on for the next 30 years.

The 4% rule assumes you withdraw the same amount from your portfolio every year, adjusted for inflation

This is called SWR (safe withdrawal rate), NOT passive income.
You (and @JJG) are mixing two concepts together.

Of course, I cannot speak for Phil_S, but I give less than one ratt's ass if you want to call it SWR rather than passive income, and several times, I already stated various ways to reasonably consider the matter...and you want to get all bogged down on semantics that you believe better capture the ideas about how you would rather to consider the matter.

By the way, I further state that I consider "passive income" to be more descriptive in terms of what is attempting to be achieved (which is to have an income) without having to work rather than your "safe withdrawal rate" which hardly captures any kinds of ideas that we have been talking about.  What you trying to be safe from?  Safe from depleting your principle, perhaps?  I see no reason to change the descriptors based on your attempts at lame technical gottchas.

Is the world right or you are right..the case of: "do you want to believe me or your lying eyes?"
To simplify: $20 cash in your wallet is there to spend, but it certainly ain't "income" as long as you did not get it for a 'service' performed or "passively", like rent. etc.

In addition: the fact that you keep saying "ratt's ass" instead of "rat's ass" despite numeral corrections indicate that you are either a f-g robot/software program (trying to sound like a fallible human) or a dumb-ass/ignorant/stubborn individual-exactly as you mentioned someone depicting you in RL.
In both cases-there is nothing "there" to listen to.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 09:55:51 PM

Of course, if we keep most of our value in BTC (and maybe some in fiat), then we might consider ways to formulate systems that allow us to be able to draw from our BTC in some kind of way without having to either worry about the overly depletion of value within our intended timeframe or having psychological pressures regarding either from where to draw upon sources or that we might not have a sufficient cushion (your example of paying the $100 late bill).

If and when Bitcoin reaches stability, we will, of course, have to seek other options if we wish to grow our wealth. That'll likely be the traditional investment categories, stocks, shares, loans, the normal gubbins. Hopefully by that time, they will be denominated in Bitcoin. Just living off the stash might well be a reasonable option for many though.

That day seems quite far off from now, maybe greater than 50 years, so I am not sure how much utility we get from speculating over a kind of situation that is far from our current reality.  In other words, right now we have variables in front of us in which there are all kinds of asset classes, and likely bitcoin is far and beyond superior than any of the others, but that still might not justify putting 100% of value into bitcoin.. but at the same time, the likely ongoing superior performance of bitcoin is likely a pretty damned strong factor that should be accounted for, even if some folks are not even going to agree with my statement here so therefore there is going to likely be a long-ass time that a lot of people are investing in inferior assets, and whether that drags on for 50 years or some other timeline, I cannot really know, and my odds of even being around 50 years is very slim, i mean in terms of witnessing what happens by then.. but maybe there will be some advances in various directions, as you suggest prior to 50 years from now that I would be able to witness, even if it might not affect my investment choices in any meaningful way.. not sure...

Of course, if we keep most of our value in BTC (and maybe some in fiat), then we might consider ways to formulate systems that allow us to be able to draw from our BTC in some kind of way without having to either worry about the overly depletion of value within our intended timeframe or having psychological pressures regarding either from where to draw upon sources or that we might not have a sufficient cushion (your example of paying the $100 late bill).

If and when Bitcoin reaches stability, we will, of course, have to seek other options if we wish to grow our wealth. That'll likely be the traditional investment categories, stocks, shares, loans, the normal gubbins. Hopefully by that time, they will be denominated in Bitcoin. Just living off the stash might well be a reasonable option for many though.

as long as we agree that living off the stash is not passive income, it is "living off the stash aka eating your seed corn", albeit if you don't foresee any more harvest seasons, eating seed corn is fine.

Funny (or is the correct word "strange"?) that you want to keep harping on this likely inadequate talking point.

OT: can anyone rationalize doge for me and when it is going to stop? There is something weird about this. Is it just like XRP in 2017 or are we going to meme-ize the large chunk of our investments?
In a funny way it shows the power of a "Sovereign Individual" (Musk is certainly the example of such). I would have to re-read it (SI book) yet again.
In a way doggy looks like a purposeful distraction from bitcoin.

If doge is a purposeful distraction from bitcoin, then why talk about it?
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 7590

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 09:56:16 PM
Merited by nanobtc (1)

as long as we agree that living off the stash is not passive income, it is "living off the stash aka eating your seed corn", albeit if you don't foresee any more harvest seasons, eating seed corn is fine.

OT: can anyone rationalize doge for me and when it is going to stop? There is something weird about this. Is it just like XRP in 2017 or are we going to meme-ize the large chunk of our investments?
In a funny way it shows the power of a "Sovereign Individual" (Musk is certainly the example of such). I would have to re-read it (SI book) yet again.

I could could explain what happened with doge but not on this thread. As this is a btc thread.

yea, btc+covid+Trump+nft+(boobs+asses)...the latter two being essential components, I agree.
@JJG ramblings notwithstanding, this thread is officially blessed (by btctalk officionados) for occasional OT posts (well, I do agree that eth/ERC20, forks and XRP should be out).

Okay eth = garbage. if mr v drops dead tomorrow that coin will spiral way down as other fight to be in control of it.

LTC/DOGE merged mined are solidly backed by asics.  

So some rich mother fucker (only because I sold my doge around 1-38 cents for an average of 6 cents and made 60k profit vs holding and selling at 40 cents and making 400k profit)

I will say Musk looks at DOGE/LTC realizes when it was worth 1/3 of a penny back in summer 2020 he can make a bigly score.

a) buy doge  cheaply
b) buy cheap L3+ gear
c) make large solar array for mining

D) all of the above cheap and easy well under 200 million to achieve last year.

e) keep pumping the coin
f) make solid money
g) try to cause btc price drops
h) move doge profits into btc.

I) now doge is 30+ cents if he built a solar array and is mining LTC/DOGE investment is all paid off.  He has vested interest in pumping doge

Not saying he did all of the above.  but It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck  it is very likely a duck.

The only reason I can mentally handle not holding longer is I am mining 10000 doge coins a month that was 32 a month last year and is now 3986 a month.

I am still moving doge coin into btc and fiat.

Personally I see this move  about doge as very sure that it is being done.

If my speculative ideas are correct it is legal to does what he did.  As it is not subject to stock rules.  So he can not tout Tesla stock.  but he can tout doge.

Here is a link into how I see other coin maneuvers being done.  which have caused a huge difficulty drop in BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5331454.0

they involve other shitcoins I will not mention here.

Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1246
Merit: 687

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 10:15:50 PM

There is NO consensus that 1mil gives you 3.3 thou a month of passive income.
Where are you getting these numbers?

https://www.schwab.com/resource-center/insights/content/beyond-4-rule-how-much-can-you-safely-spend-retirement

One frequently used rule of thumb for retirement spending is known as the 4% rule. It’s relatively simple: You add up all of your investments, and withdraw 4% of that total during your first year of retirement. In subsequent years, you adjust the dollar amount you withdraw to account for inflation. By following this formula, you should have a very high probability of not outliving your money during a 30-year retirement according to the rule.

For example, let’s say your portfolio at retirement totals $1 million. You would withdraw $40,000 in your first year of retirement. If the cost of living rises 2% that year, you would give yourself a 2% raise the following year, withdrawing $40,800, and so on for the next 30 years.

The 4% rule assumes you withdraw the same amount from your portfolio every year, adjusted for inflation

This is called SWR (safe withdrawal rate), NOT passive income.
You (and @JJG) are mixing two concepts together.

Of course, I cannot speak for Phil_S, but I give less than one ratt's ass if you want to call it SWR rather than passive income, and several times, I already stated various ways to reasonably consider the matter...and you want to get all bogged down on semantics that you believe better capture the ideas about how you would rather to consider the matter.

By the way, I further state that I consider "passive income" to be more descriptive in terms of what is attempting to be achieved (which is to have an income) without having to work rather than your "safe withdrawal rate" which hardly captures any kinds of ideas that we have been talking about.  What you trying to be safe from?  Safe from depleting your principle, perhaps?  I see no reason to change the descriptors based on your attempts at lame technical gottchas.

I think that there is also a kind of consensus evolving in recent times that even today, you need $2million as compared to what a millionaire would have been in 2010-ish   So $1million will give you about $3,333 in passive income per month and sure double that with $2million.. to $6,667 per month of passive income.

<snip>

I am fairly certain dividends from stock/shares, interest received from savings, royalties, is a form of passive income. However, unless you are retired, DRP is the way to go!

Everyone’s situation is different and how they invest and plan for future retirement will be different, but the one thing we can all agree on is, we never want to worry about where to find that extra $100 to pay a late bill.

Besides, you should be aiming to increase your overall wealth by minimum 10% each year. Then you only need to worry about choosing “his and her” matching colour Lambos... or his/his (Bob)

Maybe, but no one should rely on dividends as a firm number. In 2008 many dividend paying stocks were decimated together with everything else.

No one should blanketly attempt to create expectations out of centrally controlled assets, and surely every asset has a variety of particulars that need to be considered, and how much those particulars matter will depend, in part, upon how much of your value is tied up in such assets and what kind of timeline you expect to continue to have some or all of your value tied up in such assets.

aminorex, aminorex, where art thou aminorex?

His smartness got him distracted into a shitcoin, aka Monero....  which ended up showing that sometimes smartness cannot save peeps from dumb.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 10:19:51 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2021, 11:42:04 PM by Biodom
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I could could explain what happened with doge but not on this thread. As this is a btc thread.

yea, btc+covid+Trump+nft+(boobs+asses)...the latter two being essential components, I agree.
@JJG ramblings notwithstanding, this thread is officially blessed (by btctalk officionados) for occasional OT posts (well, I do agree that eth/ERC20, forks and XRP should be out).

I will say Musk looks at DOGE/LTC realizes when it was worth 1/3 of a penny back in summer 2020 he can make a bigly score.

a) buy doge  cheaply
b) buy cheap L3+ gear

e) keep pumping the coin
f) make solid money

I) now doge is 30+ cents if he built a solar array and is mining LTC/DOGE investment is all paid off.  He has vested interest in pumping doge

Not saying he did all of the above.  but It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck  it is very likely a duck.

...Personally I see this move  about doge as very sure that it is being done.

If my speculative ideas are correct it is legal to does what he did.  As it is not subject to stock rules.  So he can not tout Tesla stock.  but he can tout doge.

Here is a link into how I see other coin maneuvers being done.  which have caused a huge difficulty drop in BTC

Interesting theory...my concern is that btc is now being positioned as "money for the rich" and it seems that doge is being portrayed as "people's money".
I am quite concerned about it as I would like bitcoin to be smack in the center, NOT a rich folk "savings account".
Regarding about why talk about competitors? It is in such talk new threats could become visible and counteracted.
People used to be able to hold two contradictory ideas in their heads and weigh them out/argue against one or the other.
Nowadays, it is all mostly about a tribe.

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 9374

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 10:34:08 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4)

Too much?

https://twitter.com/csaszarroli/status/1384261480019681282?s=21
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 10:38:07 PM

For those who write dates in "american" way..tomorrow is 4-20...lol
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 10:41:49 PM

[edited out]

Interesting theory...my concern is that btc is now being position as  "money for the rich" and it seems that doge is being portrayed as "people's money".
I am quite concerned about it as I would like bitcoin to be smack in the center, NOT a rich folk "savings account".
Regarding about why talk about competitors? It is in such talk new treats could become visible and counteracted.
People used to be able to hold two contradictory ideas in their heads and weight them out/argue against one or the other.

There have always been a variety of ways that folks might get talked out of investing into bitcoin or underinvesting in bitcoin, whether referring to unit bias or other kinds of distractions to which they might give credence. 

Of course, we can view the pumpening of various other coins (or even misleading talking points) as negative because they likely keep bitcoin prices lower for a longer period than otherwise we would expect, but it seems that many of us largely attempt to take advantage of such information asymmetry in terms of our continuing to buy and HODL bitcoin through the thick and thin...

Of course, if everyone were to realize the true value of bitcoin, it would be a much lesser bargain because its price would be very much higher, even though based on anticipated future appreciation (designed to pump forever) it still would be prudent to get some, if you either did not have any or you did not have enough.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2021, 11:24:44 PM

a) buy doge  cheaply
b) buy cheap L3+ gear

e) keep pumping the coin
f) make solid money

...Personally I see this move  about doge as very sure that it is being done.

Interesting theory...my concern is that btc is now being positioned as "money for the rich" and it seems that doge is being portrayed as "people's money".
Regarding about why talk about competitors? It is in such talk new treats could become visible and counteracted.
People used to be able to hold two contradictory ideas in their heads and weigh them out/argue against one or the other.

Yeah tribalism = very close to racism

my coinbase holdings are

as I gear to btc.

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 2860

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 12:02:45 AM

These ups and down is part for the game!!!
gallianooo

Activity: 677
Merit: 346

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 12:38:08 AM

Boring till when ??
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2222

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 02:17:02 AM

I'm standing in my shed trying to get a bunch of old KNC Titan cubes running again. So far I'm up to 250mh, and one of my controller boards has a bad SPI socket line.

Man, I remember this crazy....
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2021, 02:33:43 AM

I'm standing in my shed trying to get a bunch of old KNC Titan cubes running again. So far I'm up to 250mh, and one of my controller boards has a bad SPI socket line.

I wonder how long and hard they pump the doggie 🐶.

Ahh maybe for a while longer.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2222

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 03:23:59 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I do not know. But I will say I'm not buying DOGE, it's a joke but if taken seriously is literally 180 degrees from anything that Bitcoin stands for.

However when the PPS rate is 390% to mine Litecoin (the coin to pay hookers with), I'll bring the sleeping dragons back to life...

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 2860

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 04:45:50 AM

I do not know. But I will say I'm not buying DOGE, it's a joke but if taken seriously is literally 180 degrees from anything that Bitcoin stands for.

However when the PPS rate is 390% to mine Litecoin (the coin to pay hookers with), I'll bring the sleeping dragons back to life...

Doge crossed $50b market cap. not a parameter for a success but I have a theory why people are investing in doge. See every other coin or token is created nothing but to make money, there is pure greed behind it. Although they will claim to solve some “problem” in Bitcoin (which is none in reality, in fact every problem of Bitcoin they try to solve is actually a feature of Bitcoin name it hash rate, block size, supply any thing). So among these 9000+ coins only Doge was created just for fun not for making money they didn’t claim to solve any non existing problem in bitcoin. So what happens when something is created for fun? Yes people take it seriously!!!

So when people started taking it a little seriously their team did a good job and gave a cause to it, they did many fundraising’s for charities and many notable causes. Once they build a water well in Kenya through a charity. So in the end I don’t mind to see doge on #2 place, yes forever it will just be another shit coin but with some fun.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 05:45:23 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2021, 05:58:39 AM by JayJuanGee

Doge crossed $50b market cap. not a parameter for a success but I have a theory why people are investing in doge. See every other coin or token is created nothing but to make money, there is pure greed behind it. Although they will claim to solve some “problem” in Bitcoin (which is none in reality, in fact every problem of Bitcoin they try to solve is actually a feature of Bitcoin name it hash rate, block size, supply any thing). So among these 9000+ coins only Doge was created just for fun not for making money they didn’t claim to solve any non existing problem in bitcoin. So what happens when something is created for fun? Yes people take it seriously!!!

So when people started taking it a little seriously their team did a good job and gave a cause to it, they did many fundraising’s for charities and many notable causes. Once they build a water well in Kenya through a charity. So in the end I don’t mind to see doge on #2 place, yes forever it will just be another shit coin but with some fun.

Something is wrong with your analysis, shahzadafzal, and lightfoot already mentioned the crux of the misleading aspect of deee doggie...

Lightfoot described it as 180 degrees of bitcoin, but to be more specific, deeeee creators of deeeee doggie were trying to make fun of bitcoin by doing many things in the opposite way such as mining, lack of scarcity and the way that coin rewards came and some other bullshit, and even though there may have been some changes to some of those nearly non-functional aspects, the impetus still remains a means to try to make fun of bitcoin.. but it has grown to even more misleading than that because even if some peeps might have gotten the joke, there are some other peeps who actually take doggie seriously because they believe it is some variation of bitcoin blah blah blah - even though it is making fun of bitcoin... and doing the opposite in a few ways (probably more than I would like to study into - because ain't nobody who gots time for dat).
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1813
Merit: 5526

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:02:12 AM

We need a DOGE rug-pull ASAP.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:31:03 AM

OT: can anyone rationalize doge for me and when it is going to stop? There is something weird about this.

Well, it is. We're in the middle of the - so called - alt season and only DOGE is *really* pumping.
Give it by the end of the month. DOGE will kneel to the King. It will also sit, stay and roll. Wink

Elon wants them coins cheap for free. Why? Because he can.
BTC to the moon, but first DOGE to Mars. Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 [28504] 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 ... 33204 »
  Print  

Jump to: