April 16, 2024, 05:34:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (71.2%)
<$60,000 - 17 (28.8%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: « 1 ... 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 [28536] 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 ... 33266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355559 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 06:53:29 PM

"Scientists say ... " the most abused phrase the media scum use to push political agendas...

scientists say all kinds of things, much of it bullshit like any other human ...
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10127

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 06:57:12 PM

1 - Satoshi is
2 - Satoshi likes

Third option: Satoshi is

Fourth option:  He lost

Fifth option:  Satoshi is

Sixth option:  Satoshi is

Seventh option:  Satoshi is nullius - spreading misinformation on the WO thread

It's hard to understand people sentiment over Bitcoin, which changes time to time..

If Bitcoin goes down: Bitcoin is a Scam  Huh
                       &
If Bitcoin goes up: Bitcoin is Love  Kiss

You seem to be reading too much into the situation.

Maybe if you buy some coins and figure out some kind of meaningful BTC accumulation strategy, you will be able to speak from experience rather than hypothetical detached bullshit that does not really have any meaning beyond your wanting to say something that might happened to appear like it means something.
gwaur

Activity: 94
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 07:00:38 PM

you meat lovers are fucking psychos.

...and you vegans are fucking hilarious.  Grin
and you carrion-devourers are deplorable.
i'm not vegan btw. Grin
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 4415

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 07:00:52 PM

No disrespect to anybody living in a city or especially to you.
I know by your posts you appreciate fine food and can see in your great photo a man who lives well.
Just that lots of folk are very lacking in knowledge about where their food comes from.
Lucky you getting a taste of that fine ethically raised steer.

No hate for vegans just pity for them and more so their children who unless their diet is very well formulated will suffer from nutritional deficiencies affecting their neurological development.

A very long time ago I spent a year in Kerala India, as the majority of the population being Hindu do not eat meat nor did I. But the diet of fruit coconut brown rice and vegetables lentils beans with home made yogurt which provides long chain protein is sound keeping them healthy. The process of making milk into yogurt also prevents them getting ill as many Asian people are lactose intolerant, losing their ability to make lactase after weaning.
The first steak I eat after this period was fantastic but gave me diarrhea, sudden change in diet.

I owe a debt to you in encouragement to continue accumulating bitcoin by your constant posts with reference to " just been down to the ATM, purchased more Bitcoin"

Happy days all round.

Thanx for the kind words. No offense taken. Indeed, many people (especially suburbanites) shop in supermarkets and think food comes wrapped in plastic. They've never seen their food bring raised and harvested.

Children are the only reason to take veganism seriously. From what I've seen, most vegetarians/vegans cheat and occasionally eat animal-based foods. The problem is that they don't allow their kids to cheat. That's child abuse.

I'm glad my posts have had a positive influence on your accumulation. Happy days indeed.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2089
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 07:05:24 PM

OT: since people are posting temp graphs...it is a distinct possibility that we are going into a solar activity minimum, Dalton-like almost guaranteed, Maunder-like is possible. If so, temp will decrease or remain subdued for what could be 40 (Dalton-like)-70(Maunder-like) years. Hopefully, south-east TX would become a bit colder/drier  Grin.

Sun spots are pretty small, so Sun's energy output barely changes, maybe up and down 0.1 percent or so.
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 07:10:32 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2021, 07:24:29 PM by hodl_2015

Reminder: don't trust password managers...
A txt file, in a vera(true-)crypt archive is probably more secure, especially if it only contains a cryptic description or hint of the passwords. (still wouldn't use it for btc stuff)

On windows, security is an impossible to review mess anyway, with almost every application, library, driver and tool implementing it's own independent software update system.

Also: antivirus software is useless. What a surprise.
A well written polymorphic virus (with no common sequences of bytes between reproduced copies) should be undetectable with today's tools and was invented more than 20 years ago. The fact that no one makes these indicates that virus scanner take way too long to add new viruses to their database, so there is no need to make it undetectable.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 07:22:28 PM

OT: since people are posting temp graphs...it is a distinct possibility that we are going into a solar activity minimum, Dalton-like almost guaranteed, Maunder-like is possible. If so, temp will decrease or remain subdued for what could be 40 (Dalton-like)-70(Maunder-like) years. Hopefully, south-east TX would become a bit colder/drier  Grin.

Sun spots are pretty small, so Sun's energy output barely changes, maybe up and down 0.1 percent or so.

maybe, but temp could vary by up to 1oC.

https://electroverse.net/grand-solar-minimum-and-the-swing-between-extremes/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

Interesting from that electroverse article (posted in July 2020):
"Winter 2020-2021 is going to be brutal."
..and it was. TX froze (temp below -5oC, which did not happen since many decades ago) with electrical blackouts to boot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/02/24/texas-winter-storm-temperature-records/
This storm affected many states besides TX, though.
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 07:26:37 PM

I'm an omnivore that can enjoy a nice filet mignon, beef carppacio, and a steak tartare once in a while, but calling my food pets, giving them names, then having a ceremonial funeral with a picture on the 55" while you consume their flesh sounds like some messed up sacrificial woodoo ritual. Hey why not start them early as kids get old enough to hold a knife force them to slaughter their favorite pet they bonded to the most, that way the lack of their nutrient deficiencies would be the last of your worries    

Whoa. I'm not the one who raised the meat. Nor did I name it nor slaughter it. I doubt the kid who raised it ate any of it.

Yes, I honored Murray while I ate him, but I'm sure I also saluted the accompanying vegetables for giving up their lives. Remember, plants have feelings too.

The problem is that they don't allow their kids to cheat. That's child abuse.

Not allowing kids to eat meat = child abuse

Slaughtering animals = humane treatment, totally not animal abuse, see that only applies to dogs and cats

Dogs and cats? Isn't a shot of Euthasol the preferred method of slaughter?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10127

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 07:55:40 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Crypto?

Shortest JJG post ever:  Wordy-man ATL!  That’s it:  Bitcoin is dead.  Selling all my coins now...

I already said uncle... didn't I?

I was not competing with you now.  I feared for the value of my bitcoins!  There is a market theory called the “JJG indicator”.  By comparison to most daytrading TA theories, it is mathematically proved and scientifically confirmed.  It says that when JJG runs out of words, then Bitcoin is a STRONG SELL and should be shorted at high leverage.

No pressure.  Wink  #nohomo

That theory (or indicator) seems to presume that I am NOT a meat wagon limited sentient being.

You surely are more wordy than me, when you are around.

You just disappear for a month at a time or perhaps 6 months to a year at a time.

Not saying that I am worried about you, but if you were persistent, you would not ONLY be MOAR wordy than the wordiest amongst us (speaking of yours truly for sure) but you would also have a post count to go along with it, too. 

#justsaying

At some point, real life takes over.  I’m not supposed to be here at all now; I should probably tie up some loose ends here, catch up on a few threads, and then devote my attentions elsewhere.  Call it a guilty pleasure.

I can relate... maybe NOT exactly, but at least in part.

Speaking of bitcoin prices, I have no real problema where we are at, currently, surely decent sized correction down to $47,555 (constituting about 27% correction from the top), and than maybe bouncing back to bounce around $50k-ish - and who is to say that the correction is over, exactly, but does not really seem to matter too much.

This is kind of like the stability that people should seem to want (and surely a way better place than the stability that you, nullius pullius, was calling for in around September-ish - if I am remembering my dates right?), but when we are here in this kind of seemingly stable place, a lot of peeps are actually moaning about it. 

I do like it.  For a long time, I had it set in my mind that $1 was worth “more or less somewhere around 10k sats”.  Now, it’s around 2k sats; that’s not quite as convenient as a power of ten, but it nonetheless makes mental estimations easy.  Bonus:  My bitcoins buy more when I need to spend them, which I try to avoid.

Round numbers tend to form Schelling points; so I would not be surprised if we need to cool off and take a breather before sufficient demand pressure forms to push us up to the next point.  That is my instinct, based on no market data and no “market research”.  Take it for what it’s worth.

Yes.. I will take it for what it is worth...

Numerology.

There are a lot more convincing price models in BTClandia besides numerology, including but not limited to stock to flow.

In the abstract, I am also of the general opinion that slower, steadier growth is better for Bitcoin.  I know that you will say that “king daddy” doesn’t care what I want. 

That is right.. king daddy does not care, but sure, you can still say it.  Go ahead.

I am simply hoping for sustainable growth with less volatility and fewer, smaller corrections. 

Yeah right..  Roll Eyes

Maybe we will get closer to that in 10 years or so..   Maybe?

As more people—and moreover, more rich people become to some degree economically dependent on Bitcoin, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to hope that we can break out of the old market cycles.

Sure lowering in volatility is a valid theory, but bitcoin is NOT likely to get there overnight... so you are making pie in the sky proclamations that may well apply to a future state of bitcoin 50 years from now?  rather than snapping back into the reality of where bitcoin is at today.. we are in war, and war is not a stable place.  Go figure.   Tongue Tongue

Anyway, unless there is some extreme black swan (death of the Internet, Roosevelt-style seizure by a superpower government, etc.), I reasonably expect that Bitcoin will get to $100k and $1m and beyond.  It took awhile to reach a sustainable floor above $1k, and above $10k; what difference does it make if the market bounces around and solidifies for awhile at $50k?

You are not going to receive any arguments from me on those points.

At this juncture, Jay, I will say something that you will hate:  If you want to make 100x fast (at high risk of losing everything), go invest in altcoins!  Because:  Risk and reward. 

Not interested.  I did not get into bitcoin to make a lot of money quickly, even though it already happened.  So I don't really need more money... but I am not going to complain about figuring out ways to use such money as it comes in.

Furthermore, gains in bitcoin is not merely about gains, but why the fuck you going to put value into some scam that may or may not have anything meaningful there.

I don't know of any shitcoin project that even comes close to bitcoin in terms of overall stability, and I prefer the upside potential of bitcoin but also the stability too.. so fuck shitcoins... which means I give less than 1 ratts ass about any shitcoin at this point in my life..and sure other folks might want to fuck around with them, not this cat (not literally speaking).

Whereas Bitcoin is becoming a safe investment, at least relative to what it was a few years ago.  If you want something that you can buy, put into cold storage, and then just not worry about in the long term, then you must be satisfied with a measly 2x or 5x gain here and there.  It’s not the first time I’ve said this:  Bitcoin is becoming a relatively boring investment—and that’s a good thing!

I give few shits.. and you are starting to deviate from the topic of this thread, it seems.. and even speculating with bullshit ideas that are not even adequately accounting for the total package of reality including our most meaningful and current BTC price predictions models of: 1) stock to flow, 2) 4-year fractal and 3) exponential s-curve adoption based Metcalfe principles and network effects..

It is because of that safety that I would now feel comfortable recommending significant Bitcoin investments to the types of people who probably couldn’t have handled it before.

Seems to me that everyone should have some bitcoin, and if they are just starting to get to 1% to 10% of their portfolio while they figure it out for their lil selfies.. I cannot think of any other asset that I could stand behind with such conviction.. but whatever, do what you like in terms of what you say to udder peeps.

I myself almost wholly ignored the worst of the big bear market of 2018:  I just let my coins sit where they were, stopped watching the ticker, stopped reading the news—didn’t waste time with it, didn’t worry.  That was with my life savings.  But I realize that I am unusual. 

I don't know.. I started in late 2013, so my initial buying into BTC was in 2014 which was very similar to 2018, and it worked out pretty goddamned well.. especially for my then circumstances, including ongoing buying that ended up working out fucking great, inspite that my portfolio was largely in the red for the 1st three years.. but whatever.. there are ways to invest in bitcoin whether then or now... I have not changed my recommendations in any kind of meaningful ways... which is get the fuck into bitcoin.. but of course, make sure you get you financial house in order too by at least understanding your finances which is something that a lot of peeps are not doing and bitcoin can perhaps help them (or inspire them) to get that shit in order... perhaps? perhaps?

When Bitcoin reaches the point that ordinary, average types of people can be advised to put a chunk of their money into Bitcoin—not all, but a good chunk—

Fuck that shit, nullius pullius.  The best way is to just get fucking started with DCA.. There are so many peeps who do not have a chuck of capital that they can put into anything whether bitcoin or anything else.

In other words, why create obstacles.  Get the fuck started, and of course, if there happen to be chucks laying around, then they can put that in too.. usually there is a need to conceptualize investments in three categories, which are DCA, buy on dips and lump sum investment, and sure each person can try to tailor their situation to be able to figure out what balance of those three methods to use, but all three should be considered and attempted to employ, when it comes to bitcoin investing (and getting a stake, even if starting with a small stake such as 1%).

and just forget about it, then I think that the Bitcoin market will be maturing to the point that we can get that steady growth.  And that forms a positive feedback loop, insofar as the steadier the market is, the more that we can bring “normies” into it.

Normies better get the fuck in now, rather than getting front run by institutions.. but whatever, you can give all the BAD advices that you want.. and let's see what happens when those dumbass normies get left even further behind because they are sitting on their hands hoping to accumulate a lump sum and trying to figure out when to get in when they should have done it yesterday.. but the second best time is to start right now and stop being a dumbass without any stake and waiting for the right time blah blah blah.. now is the right time, especially if they do not have any.

I think rejoice in respects to the place where we happen to be - even if we might get some further drops.. up to 40% or 50% is not necessarily unusual, even though I am not sure about how high the odds would be beyond seeming to have a kind of potential trend is your friend kind of situation that some of us would prefer NOT to have, and surely seems like UPpity is going to continue at some point.. but just not always clear about how long such UPpity continuation is going to take to actually be noticed as continuing UPpity.

For my part, I am happy with $50k for now.  I am bemused to see people talking about a “crash”.  What crash?  Do people even remember what the number was only half a year ago?  Roll EyesRoll EyesRoll EyesRoll EyesRoll Eyes

I don't know, but it was $3,850 for a blip in mid March 2020, and then it was bouncing around $10k in September 2020, and no need to really get into specifics that are better shown by a graph and the DCA chart still is a good one to point out, which will show that the longer that you have been in, the more likely you will be in profits... in other words get started. (am I repeating my lil selfie?).

^^^ Consider that to be my curmudgeonly take on the JJG style of stacked smilies.

I do hope not to see further huge drops. 

Who knows?  Could go either way.

That could be a real crash. 

I would not presume down in a bull market..

Last time I checked we have been in a bull market since about April 2019.. so not to great to be betting on down.. even if it has had some moments during that time of ending up being correct.

The $50k range (plus or minus, say, 10%) would be a good point to rest without too much panic, mindrusting, or bears coming out in force; and I hope to see a firm floor develop here, for jumping off to the next point.

bitcoin no does not work like that, but sure consolidating in the $50k arena for a bit of time seems way more plausible than consolidating between $55k and $65k... so at least we are not at the tippity top of the range.. but still if we get a few months that are mostly staying in a kind of $45k to $55k range, gonna have to feel quite fortunate in terms of those hoping for stability... and getting six months in such price range might be coming close to being a miracle.. but surely not out of the question to experience seemingly unlikely scenarios.. that is kind of part of what happens in bitcoinlandia.. from time to time..
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 11909

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:07:51 PM

Henry Ford proposed an "energy currency" as the foundation for the world's financial system in 1921. A century later, we have #Bitcoin
https://twitter.com/DocumentingBTC/status/1386406362209345540?s=20
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2756
Merit: 1760

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:08:31 PM

I'm an omnivore that can enjoy a nice filet mignon, beef carppacio, and a steak tartare once in a while, but calling my food pets, giving them names, then having a ceremonial funeral with a picture on the 55" while you consume their flesh sounds like some messed up sacrificial woodoo ritual. Hey why not start them early as kids get old enough to hold a knife force them to slaughter their favorite pet they bonded to the most, that way the lack of their nutrient deficiencies would be the last of your worries    

Whoa. I'm not the one who raised the meat. Nor did I name it nor slaughter it. I doubt the kid who raised it ate any of it.

Yes, I honored Murray while I ate him, but I'm sure I also saluted the accompanying vegetables for giving up their lives. Remember, plants have feelings too.

Well, yeah, if you name your veggies, let your kids bond to them and call them pets, then put them on a 55" and toast them, as you devour them, you might have some unresolved issues.

Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:15:58 PM

The problem is that they don't allow their kids to cheat. That's child abuse.

Not allowing kids to eat meat = child abuse

Slaughtering animals = humane treatment, totally not animal abuse, see that only applies to dogs and cats

It is child abuse if you force a poor vegan diet on them which causes them to have retarded neurological development.

Your children could be taken into care if you cause malnutrition.

As you threw a PubMed.gov link at me which you believe here is one for you.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31991425/

and BMJ

https://adc.bmj.com/content/77/2/137

No more of this there are other forums you can go to discuss fad diets

Meantime I'm poor again BTC - USD only up 15X since Mar 2020
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:37:07 PM

... name your veggies, let your kids bond to them and call them pets...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_VeggieTales_characters

Cool
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2048

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:57:34 PM

Civilised people don't dump their coins
gallianooo

Activity: 677
Merit: 346

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:59:20 PM

Please BTC if you have no fuel.. go directly to the target 40-43K. Then we can talk properly for reversal and next up leg step  Grin
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 09:03:35 PM

Please BTC if you have no fuel.. go directly to the target 40-43K. Then we can talk properly for reversal and next up leg step  Grin

re-testing stronger support at about $47.5k
Might as well go straight up from there. If not now, then probably like next time.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 09:15:50 PM

Bought more 48,035

Is it gonna stop?
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 09:22:40 PM

Is it gonna stop?

stop??

i thought the party was just getting started.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 11909

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 09:28:26 PM

Bought more 48,035

Is it gonna stop?

Will see .... first some more important stuff going on as watching BTC-FIAT price movements
Movie playing and after that HODLsleep.... in the morning at coffee there maybe is time to see BTC-FIAT prices
Meanwhile 1btc=1btc and that will always be the main importance
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 9464

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 09:30:23 PM

@RaoulGMI
The weekly RSI is close to the levels that we saw in corrections in the first part of the 2017 bull run, before bitcoin hit hyperspace. These are the pauses that refresh a bull market.
https://twitter.com/raoulgmi/status/1386430441683492866?s=21
Pages: « 1 ... 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 [28536] 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 ... 33266 »
  Print  

Jump to: