April 19, 2024, 10:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 [28593] 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 ... 33279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364138 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 04:55:16 AM

OT, but tangentally related...now another coin is da thang and has many connections with bitcoin and it is mineable (sorta).
If you can't find any large external HD pretty soon....blame it. It is already happening as was shopping for a 18TB drive (they are gone until late may, June or cost twice as much as the week before). I can't believe that this is happening again together with the GPU fiasco. Quite a few former/current bitcoin miners are getting on it now.
Bram Cohen is not nobody, albeit it might collapse just as Grin did.

My interest there is purely technical-an interesting way to mine and it is not cough-filecoin-cough which was basically all sold to the rich or very rich (like Novo and Winkelvoss crowd). NO ICO here, just mining from 0+reserves (50% in eventuality) that they promise not to sell, but to allow institutions and countries (??) to borrow.
You will be hearing more about this one, I am sure.

Already have, someone asked me to quote 1000 x 18TB Seagate Drives... Stock availability was an issue...
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1159

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 05:09:10 AM

Poor Terminator. He has come at a wrong time. Bitcoin ain't cheap anymore.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 06:20:14 AM

Sick of seeing BCH rise, want to see it pummeled into the ground. Mind you it's still only 2.5% of BTC price and they're celebrating like the flippening is at any moment haha

I’m sick of seeing utter shitcoins pumping. I checked one of my exchange accounts this morning & I see 1INCH pumping 25%, ETC is up about 200% in the last month, DOGE is out of control, EOS up 25%, ADA up 22%.

I mean what the hell is 1INCH.

WTF is this nonsense?

I’ll admit, it’s beginning to piss me off.

Shake it off!

Shake it off!

like water off of a duck's back.

Sick of seeing BCH rise, want to see it pummeled into the ground. Mind you it's still only 2.5% of BTC price and they're celebrating like the flippening is at any moment haha

I’m sick of seeing utter shitcoins pumping. I checked one of my exchange accounts this morning & I see 1INCH pumping 25%, ETC is up about 200% in the last month, DOGE is out of control, EOS up 25%, ADA up 22%.

I mean what the hell is 1INCH.

WTF is this nonsense?

I’ll admit, it’s beginning to piss me off.

You were alive during all of 2017, yes?

Same whale playbook, different year.

Exactamente!!!!!

That's what "we" (Royal of course) be talking about.

I have a somewhat different explanation to what we are currently observing:

In Dec 2020, imho, we went through something like a phase shift (from mostly geeks or computer professionals) to masses.
Something similar occurred during 1997-1998/1999 transition in Internet stocks.
I will give you an example-in 1997 and early 1998 there were a bunch of Internet search companies: Yahoo, Excite, Lycos, infoseek.
Yahoo dominated by a lot and the rest had very low $ value.
Then, as the internet hype began, they started to re-price even the lowly one's, which was a complete surprise to me. They began trading at multiple billions.
Of course, later google came in and conquered it all.

My point is, I think that in Dec 2020 we underwent a similar transition and they are now pricing former losers to a much higher market cap.
We had btc forks at 0.5-1%, now they move them to 3% and because btc market cap is so huge, this resulted in hundreds of %% appreciation for basically junk.
Do you think that average Joe can figure this out immediately? No, so bitcoin whatever forks feel cheaper than bitcoin, same for the rest of them, but note that the most rallying right now in % are forks, not even something more or less original. How long will this last? Who knows, everything in cryptocurrencies happens much faster.

Internet bubble was in full bloom approximately 2 years: from Spring 1998 to spring of 2000.  Of course, those stocks rarely went up 50% a day.
At first I thought that they (s-tcoins) are all about to collapse, but it all depends on whether we are in the hockey stick situation or not.
If billions or at least hundreds of millions of people suddenly decide to rush in, the stick will continue for a while.
Anecdotally, as I mentioned before, my co-workers are starting to share their fast "wins". It could snowball fast or really fast.

Additionally, instead of focusing on a leader (btc), marginal hedge funds sometimes focus on individual "players" and try to generate some alpha there. There is already one fund that is almost explicitly focusing on an alt blockchain and "pushed" it from $2 to $45 in four months. I have no idea re the benefits of that unnamed network, but the fact that someone is 'sponsoring' them is very well known. It was not retail, at least initially.

Last time (in 2018), we went down to 33% dominance before reversing back and peaking at above 70.
Something similar might happen here, unless some really big money starts a serious btc allocation and I don't mean measly 10-100 mil here and there (per fund).

In any case, btc is easy-you buy and you hodl.
In the rest the question is when to sell, which is almost impossible to pick correctly.

This is a real big muddle in terms of trying to compare bitcoin (including "crypto") to some other dynamics such as the internet markets in the late 90s early 20s.  It's like you are muddying your thinking into failing and refusing to account for actual credible bitcoin price prediction models such as 1) stock to flow, 2) four-year fractal and 3) exponential s-curve adoption based on metcalfe principles and networking effects - so in the end you are all over the place in your attempt to discuss the matter and to project where the dog is going to go based on happenings in the tail... .hahahaha.. even though you do seem to actually recognize that bitcoin is the dog, so that should help you a wee bit from making too many fucked up mistakes in your muddied analysis that seems to purposefully avoid some of the strongest underlying BTC price prediction models that should be helping your thinking on the topic if you were not so stubborn as to completely ignore them and try to reinvent the wheel with a supposed novel theory that is not even that novel because it comes off as if you might have been trained in some shitcoin talking point school in order to come up with that doosey of an analysis.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
nanobtc

Activity: 600
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2021, 06:35:27 AM

Nice shiny new Gretsch 5 piece added to studio. Thank you bitcoin.

[/snip]

Looks nice! I am not a drum kinduva guy. Does your studio have any sound treatment? Ethan Winer knows his stuff. Looks like  Les Paul-ish things on your wall, I love them.

http://realtraps.com/art_basics.htm

In my later years, I find I love tiny Class A guitar amps. Forget that Marshal double-stack...  If you get it on the cusp, you can go from clean to HEADBANGER with just a  small change with your picking hand. I'm still learning.

Joe Walsh's solo on Rocky Mountain way was with a Fender Champ (5 Watts), cranked up to 11, and close-miced into the board.

I have a great hand-wired 18-watt Marshall clone. It makes me wish I was a better guitar player.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2038
Merit: 1172

Never selling

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 07:23:13 AM

Poor Terminator. He has come at a wrong time. Bitcoin ain't cheap anymore.

Be sure to review this comment in 10 years. I promise you it will be considered cheap then.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2964

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 07:28:33 AM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

And i see you have a decent taste for good cymbal sounds as well Wink
To be honest, you can't go wrong with any Zildjian, ever. imho  Cool
I'm thinking about a Roland or Yamaha e-Kit lately, time to teach the kids playing the drums BUT i hate the sound of those rubber muting pads, while i prefer real drumshells/heads, though...
Or do i just have luxury problems?
When it comes to instruments, i'd say: for sure!

[/snip]

Looks nice! I am not a drum kinduva guy. Does your studio have any sound treatment? Ethan Winer knows his stuff. Looks like  Les Paul-ish things on your wall, I love them.

http://realtraps.com/art_basics.htm

Trapping in a room with windows is useless.
Better even out the reverb times with Helmholtz resonator panels, gives a natural, not too dead room sound.
Ultimately, you build a floating room in the dimensions you want the low frequency resonances/standing waves to be wiped out.
You'd need some more Bitcoins for that, though  Wink

In my later years, I find I love tiny Class A guitar amps. Forget that Marshal double-stack...  If you get it on the cusp, you can go from clean to HEADBANGER with just a  small change with your picking hand. I'm still learning.

Joe Walsh's solo on Rocky Mountain way was with a Fender Champ (5 Watts), cranked up to 11, and close-miced into the board.

I have a great hand-wired 18-watt Marshall clone. It makes me wish I was a better guitar player.

Mesa Boogie, all the way for me  Grin
But i'm an alternative rock guy, when it comes to guitars, mostly.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 07:36:18 AM

Last bear market the price tanked from $20k down to $3k, that was brutal.

That $17k drop will drawf what we will see next bear market.

Prepair yourself mentally for a $100k-$200k bleed.

I don't day trade but going to trade this one and it will be glorious.

This is going to be fun, trying to sell high as possible which is only a ''luxury problem''.

You are going to get batslapped if you are proclaiming to be able to time the high of this cycle.

Sure it is possible, but it would probably be luck more than anything, even though getting 10% to 20% might even fairly be within the top, but I would imagine you are proposing that you might have an ability to get within less than 10% of the top, no?   (so for our $19,666 top in 2017, you would have had to have sold above $17,700 - which would not have been impossible but still quite difficult to accomplish in real life practices)

I suggest that it is likely going to be more luck than skill for anyone to really reasonably be able to get within 10% of our pending top for this particular cycle whether that be $150k, $300k $500k, $1million, $1.5 million or some other number, presuming that the top has not already been reached at $64,895... you do seem to be presuming BTC prices to be topping somewhere at minimum in the $150k territory since you are presuming a $100k to $200k drop in prices, so gosh to get a $200k drop in prices we would probably need to at least get to $230k in this cycle, no?

Last bear market the price tanked from $20k down to $3k, that was brutal.

That $17k drop will drawf what we will see next bear market.

Prepair yourself mentally for a $100k-$200k bleed.

I don't day trade but going to trade this one and it will be glorious.

This is going to be fun, trying to sell high as possible which is only a ''luxury problem''.

Down 100k from $500K will not really sting  Grin

Ack! You said $500K! Ack!

(i just got a little BTC woody from that) Smiley

Brad

From ~$300k to ~$80k.

Ok.  good for you, Paashaas, to have a ballpark number in mind.. but still seems to be a bit of luck required if you are going to hit the top within 10% or so, and of course, you will need to attempt to account for actual on the ground facts in terms of what you are anticipating today, and if some facts change that cause you to need to tweak your numbers in order that you can hopefully time the top and the bottom of the cycle or something in the ballpark of it  (within 10% or so?).

Unconfirmed transactions under 20k just now. A fair decrease compared to 1-2 weeks back.

https://mempool.space/

0.31c to get in next block

Edit: blink and you missed it though.

Actually, unconfirmed transactions are at their lowest since 8th January. Don't know if this is good or bad.

It's good.  It means that the miners are quite on top of things, at least for the time-being.

Picture a mouse and an elephant.
Picture how much a particular person contributed to bitcoin success (via promoting mining, teaching people how to do it with detailed know how, reviews, etc, etc.).
Then picture someone whose contributions are mostly endless diatribes about minutia.

Now, let me propose that @philipma1957 is the elephant (for those in the know in the broader community) and @JJG is the mouse.
Then, picture a mouse telling an elephant that it is mad or less mad at it because of some blah blah (whatever).
The funny thing is, irl elephants are afraid of the mice.
They shouldn't be.

Finito la comedia

That helps.

Thanks for that biodom.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
heslo

Activity: 1147
Merit: 930

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:05:28 AM

59k, definitely a pump for ants
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:07:20 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked
is this canadian or australian, singaporan, or hong kong?
Around here, we use gallons, but then liters, not litres.
In TX, it is (in USD) $2.68/gal=$0.71/liter
I know that it is pretty cheap comparing with EU.
I think he was more so posting it because of the 69.69 Grin
That was the target those doge lovers were trying to hit for their ATH on doge day.
Well it seems they should reschedule it for may 8th instead when their fearless leader will be making an appearance on a show televised live later on today in around 28-29 hours from now.
WT actual F is going on with crypto? Embarrassed
BTC and the number two (Vitalik's science experiment Grin) dumps while this coin hits it's ath at the same time.
Here is a thread for you to show your frustration as I am in right now:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5336007.0

How can it be "televised live later on today"  and televised "in around 28-29 hours from now"

And I would guess Canadian because of the french spelling of "litres"
heslo

Activity: 1147
Merit: 930

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:08:37 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked
That was the target those doge lovers were trying to hit for their ATH on doge day.
Well it seems they should reschedule it for may 8th instead when their fearless leader will be making an appearance on a show televised live later on today in around 28-29 hours from now.
BTC and the number two (Vitalik's science experiment Grin) dumps while this coin hits it's ath at the same time.

How can it be "televised live later on today"  and televised "in around 28-29 hours from now"

Aussies spell litre the same way as well
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:21:32 AM

I have no idea what a "Gretsch 5 piece" is (thought it was the drumset first but that has nine pieces so whatever it is, congrats!) but if it makes you happy, I'm happy for you.
It's so nice seeing and hearing about people being able to do what ever they want instead of having to wait for the next paycheck, or taking a loan or just not do it because no money.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:25:42 AM

Ok so apparently it is the drumset, and for some eggless reason cymbals don't count.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:26:28 AM
Merited by sirazimuth (1), OutOfMemory (1)

I find that a bit racist.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2089
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:32:01 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (10)

I have good feeling about this attack on 58000.

I’m curious where it go :-)

Good feelings confirmed. Observing 59200.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:35:12 AM

Picture a mouse and an elephant.
Picture how much a particular person contributed to bitcoin success (via promoting mining, teaching people how to do it with detailed know how, reviews, etc, etc.).
Then picture someone whose contributions are mostly endless diatribes about minutia.

Now, let me propose that @philipma1957 is the elephant (for those in the know in the broader community) and @JJG is the mouse.
Then, picture a mouse telling an elephant that it s mad or less mad at it because of some blah blah (whatever).
The funny thing is, irl elephants are afraid of the mice.
They shouldn't be.

Finito la comedia

I like that.

But the really funny thing is elephants simply don’t give a fuck about mice.

I am simply getting old and cranky and annoyed too easily.

I Don’t know if it is being 64 and finally have positioned myself  in a good way when it comes to coiins.

I don’t know if it is that i helped setup hundreds of people to make money mining.

Trading is and will never be my thing. But I came to this thread last year because I thought the time was ripe for the bull to start running.

So I turned out to be correct. So to all I will post here and I will post what I please.

deal with it.

but i do not say buy shit coins.

go back and read what I post.

actually for me is the fact that someday if lucky I will be in a nice nursing home like my parents..were at before they passed...a fine place...but....even if you are on the ball..you can't

play with finances and such...you'd have a living estate you are in a nursing home by the by....you could I suppose look at grandkids stuff. not the same

can't have cash in a nursing home that is a vulnerable adult issue...you have a dorm sized room...can't fill it up with junk...so be it a school teacher

or a banker...once in the nursing home it is simply giving young staff a bad time and a ribbing and/or sweet-talking your way into another tapioca pudding cup...

since then...nice as it was for my parents (by the by...go to small towns where people actually see their folks and extended family once a week or more is

the way to go..drive far away from any city above like 30,000 to enroll in such is my plan in the future) ....anyway....since then my 'don't give a flying fig' on stuff has gone up about 20x

....dumb as above my sound...the

alternative to not making it into a nursing home is worse!

So I'm brave as f*ck now on many things.....perspective... it's a bitch.

So the next 20 years or so are gonna be played a bit 'more' fast and loose! Smiley

brad

My plan is to be rich enough to have a private nurse, if needed I'll convert my home to accommodate what ever is necessary for my care.
But in our family, on both sides. not one single person has ever had to go to a nursing home, they were all fit and lived to a high age until they got sick and died pretty quick at hospital.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:41:58 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Aussies spell litre the same way as well

Didn't know that, thanks.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11964

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:58:32 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2021, 11:13:43 AM by El duderino_

Let BTC buy some extra vocal skills and you can go for the billboard spots
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11964

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 09:00:24 AM

I have good feeling about this attack on 58000.

I’m curious where it go :-)

Good feelings confirmed. Observing 59200.

Dammit this is going on for days already
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 09:07:29 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Here is the reason of bitcoin pump to $59,000

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bitcoinmagazine.com/.amp/business/sec-chairman-shares-thoughts-on-bitcoin

Gary Gensler, the new head of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), told CNBC that he recognizes bitcoin as a “scarce store of value,” distinct from other “crypto tokens” which “are indeed securities.” But he also alluded to a perceived need for additional regulations around its investment and use.

Who has bought the dip when Bitcoin was dump below than $50,000?  Grin Cheesy
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 09:42:14 AM

Who has bought the dip when Bitcoin was dump below than $50,000?  Grin Cheesy
$47,600 Always buy the dips.
Pages: « 1 ... 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 [28593] 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 ... 33279 »
  Print  

Jump to: