April 19, 2024, 06:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 [28626] 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 ... 33280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364390 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 11:27:36 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1), cAPSLOCK (1), Torque (1), psycodad (1), BitcoinBunny (1)

This guy is a super-duper asshole.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2473

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 12:49:12 AM

So, I wrote this in the dudes competition thread "And thank you very much for doing this your dudenes, I really like the nostalgic feel."
And it got deleted, WTF! Do they have retarded mods outside this thread? And what possible rule could that have breached?

Your post consumed too much fossil energy.  Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 01:08:44 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Every time Bitcoin price fell to the low $54000 and then again pulled back, how long the uptrend will take resume?
Bulls might busy on other side, unless the bulls bought the dips won't see $60K..

There's constant uptrend, and also outflow from exchanges.
Just these regular dumps to certain ranges start to smell fishy, but it can't go on forever.
Some characters take advantage of some kind of manipulation, and regarding the price and periodic aspect, i think it's about accumulation.
More on the conspiracy side, regularly pulling down bitcoin to make it look unprofitable could also be an explanation - could be, but that's all conspiracy theory for sure.

About these dumps, I think it is true - all of it. The same thing happened with 9K-10K range resistance for quite a few months. Now it is slightly different, but not that much. Previously, we had barts every other day, which I suppose were thanks to Bitmex. This was openly and blatantly demonstrated with no fear of being punished until CFTC busted them.

Oh my ivomm.. you have a lot of doosies in this post...

And just to agree with you, I would like to say thank you so much to the USA government for saving us from the BIG meanies.. by snuffing that black undeserving meanie Arthur Hayes and his little anti-bitcoin gang... yeah, Arthur even looks as if he is greedy and taking advantage of udder peeps.

yeah right... Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Some of us get so god-damned attached to whether the BTC price is moving too much in one direction or another that we start to believe that traditional financial governmental overreach is going to be our savior and solution.

rrrrrrriiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhtttttttttt.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Now we have a different pattern, which repeats each day around the same hours. It is like the hat symbol "^". 12 hours of pumping and harvesting longs and then 12 hours of dumping and harvesting shorts.

Have you been hanging out with the old Torque?  finding a conspiracy in every little thing because you are so damned anxious for the BTC price not to correct and not to go sideways and if the price is NOT going UP every little second, you believe that their is some kind of "manipulation" that is greater than other industries?  Even Torque seems to have lighted up in recent years about some of that previously over-focused manipulation nonsensical assertions.

But the other theories are also valid in one way or another. The shitcoin pumps are not an accident.

Of course they are not.. but do you even believe that a majority of shitcoiner insiders are going to really know if they are going to be successful with their various bullshit.. sure some aspects are probably decently orchestrated, but even some of the insiders are likely reckt from time to time too, even though they likely are stacking the cards in order to profit in a vast array of scenarios moreso than regular joe blows.   

They are pre-planed months ago.

So?  We have already seen this stuff and just variations of earlier themes.. which might drag down BTC prices and might not...   hard to really know.. but we should not be allowing the crap to get us worked up or distracted, right?

For the fulfillment of this plan it is necessary that Bitcoin is not allowed to increase, but to be restrained artificially in some narrow 10% range.

When bitcoin is ready to go up, it is quite likely that no one is going to be able to do anything about it. And, sure this cycle may have already topped off.. yet in any event, we know that there are a variety of different players that are going to try to push bitcoin's price down as far as they can and to keep it down for as long as they can, but again that is a BIG so fucking what because they may or may not be successful in such efforts, and then at some point they may well lose such battle.  We have seen the loss of such battles to keep BTC down multiple times in the past, and sure whether this time will be successful or not should not get any of us too worked up because each of us longer term bitcoiners should well be prepared for BTC price movements in either direction and to go in either direction contrary to our own wishes and beliefs.. That kind of shit happens, especially during a war... a largely silent war, but still.. war it is and war it has been..,. and we are lucky in a lot of respects that bitcoin has so far been doing quite well in such war... even while past performance does not guarantee future results, even while it can give us some indications of what kinds of scenarios are more probable and try to prepare our lil selfies within realism rather than just making shit up because we do not like the way the BTC's price is going.. we have not even really had any 30% plus correction this cycle.. and so many peeps are concluding that 30% plus is not possible.. blah blah blah.. and yeah, there may be some udder peeps that would like to show that 30%, 50% and even greater than 50% are quite possible, whether sustainable or not might be another story.

That is why historically, the main shitcoin pumps are accompanied by Bitcoin sideways movement.

Really great when peeps are trying to say that there is some kind of pattern to the various shitcoin pumps.,. right?  that's living in a fantasy to believe that some kind of pattern might play out in the future merely because it may have been noticed in the past.. especially when it comes to attempting to predict how shitcoins may or may not affect the price dynamics of king daddy.

A strong Bitcoin breakout in either direction will put and end to their pumps prematurely and they won't get profits from dumping their own shitcoins on the exact price.

Now you know what shitcoins are going to do?  That is even harder to figure out than what bitcoin is likely to do, and gosh I doubt that we have very great odds of being able to say in either direction beyond 50/50.. so what else is new?

It does seem quite convincingly that bitcoin remains in a bull market, so that would kind of give some credibility to where bitcoin is likely to go in the longer term.. such as 3-9 months from now, but I doubt that the fact that bitcoin has largely been bouncing and slanting uppity for the past 3.5 months between $42k and $65k gives us any kind of meaningful ability to say what it might next or even in the next couple of legs (or if there will be legs).

In that case, their Bitcoin reserve must be depleted soon and Bitcoin will break the resistance heading to 100K. Every shitcoin will crash 50%+ by then for sure.

Frequently "for sure" language remains quite dangerous and might be a sign that you may well need to take a few chips off the table in order to not be so vulnerable to ONLY one direction, whether we are talking about the price direction of bitcoin or how shitcoins might play out in connection to whatever king daddy might end up doing.  Hopefully you have not been employing leverage in recent times to have to rely on such expectations that you have... and sure peeps can leverage in a lot of ways that cause them to be overly reliant on one direction over another direction... so hopefully, that is not what is going on with your presentation regarding what you expect to happen in bitcoin or shitcoinlandia in the coming months to half year or whatever timeline you are attempting to figure out.

big red dildo  Angry

Yes.. someone with a name like JohnnyUranus should get excited about a thing like that.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3420
Merit: 4331

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 02:48:04 AM

Oh f*ck what a screwed up day Roll Eyes,
coinbase announcing listing of Douche coin *pun intended* so this is what will pump up the crypto markets? Tongue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5337324.0
Kill me now.

I don't see it budge yet that sh*t coin is up 8% from this. Market manipulation at it's finest people.

And King of the Douches just stirred up the sh*t on his twitter.

Sit back & watch the idiocy unfold. Roll Eyes

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 03:04:54 AM

This is what happens when big players get in the game. Extreme market manipulation. This Tesla tweet is perfectly timed in an already dumped weak market. And whales will drive this thing now down to 40k levels. So the big boys can buy more. These ultra rich people are such disgusting. Never get enough.

The big boys are going to exit. A few people unfamiliar with the proven science of bitcoin's failure might trade it on the way down, but this is it. This really is the death of bitcoin.

This time is for real...?

Glad that I was able to hear that so that, and especially from such a credible source that knows about math, science and even writes and performs sing songs.  This way,  I will strive to not continue to do what I have been doing.

Desperate times call for desperate measures... and hopefully this works out for everyone.

Good luck peeps... some are going to need it more than others.. so it seems.

Wink Wink Wink

This is going to signal the Great Exit from bitcoin. By next week, $50k will be a pleasant dream away from the nightmare that's coming to bitcoin prices. Get ready for sub-$10,000 before the year is over.

Oh Proudhon, you are very optimist again. Not before the year is over but I would say that  we must get ready for sub $-10k before the May is over Cheesy

I thought that we already had more than a $10k correction.  My mathematical calculation of $64,895 - $45,700 is $19,195... Surely nothing to sneeze at, especially since the amount of correction is very close to the whole value of the peak of the price of bitcoin in late 2017 and we had not surpassed that value again until December 2020.

Maybe some amazingness to the quantity of numbers, even though pondering the matter in terms of percentages would probably be a bit more realistic in terms of attempting to grasp material significance of such price moves (whether Downity or otherwise).

I had some expensive bills to pay...that I can only pay with bitcoin.

Screw that Musk guy.

Shouldn't be a BIG deal for you anyhow, Elwar.  We are priced right around what you had considered to be the top of this cycle, so what's the BIGGIE... sure this cycle ended up being nearly $15k greater than what you had anticipated, but no one can get the cycle exactly correct, so if you changed your mind, to expect even higher prices then wouldn't you just be overly setting yourself up for unnecessary and invented disappointment?  #justaskin

go down where it hurts, low 30s? high 20s? Still, a number that would never affect a bitcoin OG, however the noobs get slaughtered, rightfully so.

I suppose that there are a few reasons why you are right about this generalization point, and surely bitcoin OGs will have ONLY transgressed newbie status if they have engaged in a sufficient amount of HODLing in order to have allowed their BTC holdings to advance into considerable profits.

There may well be some bitcoin OGs who did not get some of the memos regarding mostly either doing nothing, such as HODLing or perhaps using some extra cashflow (if any) to buy on dips.. to the extent even needed.

Sure newbs are going to fit a couple of categories because even those who might have average BTC costs of under $20k may end up getting overly tempted to play the market because they may feel that they did not have had enough time to stack a large enough stash to their comfort level.  Surely, a lot of newbs will have some struggles in their attempts to prepare for both UPpity and DOWNity and to attempt to maintain a budget that mostly does not run out of cash and then resorting to HODL in the event that cashflow falls short during the crash period (rather than selling to generate cash - which many times is going to be problematic to attempt to accomplish during a crash and also largely appreciating that bitcoin remains in a bull market, until a large passage of time might cause confirmation that BTC no longer is in a bull market).  Probably all of these matters are much more difficult for anyone who had been very aggressive with investing in recent times and has largely run out of cash, even though the correction has ONLY been 30%, so far.. not saying that it will necessarily be greater, but there are surely no guarantees that the bottom is in after only a day outside of the $45,700 dippening and NOT really staying down there for very long (not that we have to, but still)....

A few more dead-cat bounces because the playing field is set. And the field showed the 40s already. Selling now would be the stupidest move, and we know it.

Many of us longer-termers do not like the idea of selling on dips, especially during a bull market, and there seems to ONLY be rare circumstances that such selling on dips would work out including if it ends up that we are not in the bull market that we expect our lil selfies to be.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry   does not seem likely but it's possible.

Not gonna argue here much more, love you anyway. Maybe I'm wrong? Anyway, I'm not trading on my speculation thought. Coins are in deepest cold storage and I'm just traveling south France while drinking red wine. Life is good.

Cheers WO crew Smiley

We should all (that's the royal we, of course) just tell you to fuck off, but hey, you are not a bad guy, generally speaking, so there is that, too.   Wink

Don't have too much funzies in your drunken stupor that might cause you to do anything that you would not be willing to disclose herein, even considering opsec obfuscation matters...... hahahahaha

Vitalik ......... I'd count him as definitely smarter than me (which is rare even if more deserve it).

Oh gawd.. you are surely a humble bumble today richy_t for some strange reason.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3420
Merit: 4331

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 03:22:52 AM

WoW, Israel has gone crazy.

Gaza is being under attack with a lot of air strikes, they have been attacking non-stop the whole night.

2 million Palestinians live in a besieged 365 km². Shocked

Waking up to see all those corpses from little children is disgusting.

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 03:58:44 AM

Thoughts on Monero vs Ethereum?
heslo

Activity: 1147
Merit: 930

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:16:38 AM

I know alt coins aren't really discussed here but my 2 cents is I value Monero way way more than Eth. Monero has good devs, a strong focus on privacy and keeps is decentralised. Eth on the other hand is a jumbled mess, controlled by a select few and likes to experiment on the fly (not something I'd want any of my $$$ parked in)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:16:55 AM

Get the fuck out of here, you twat.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I know alt coins aren't really discussed here but my 2 cents is I value Monero way way more than Eth. Monero has good devs, a strong focus on privacy and keeps is decentralised. Eth on the other hand is a jumbled mess, controlled by a select few and likes to experiment on the fly (not something I'd want any of my $$$ parked in)

Who cares about what shitcoin might be relatively better than another shitcoin.. it is not relevant to this thread unless you can somehow tie it in to discussions of king daddy without pumping the nonsense and causing us to deviate from otherwise important topics, ie..   how much we do not like Elon, at the moment... .. cue save the rf..
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:17:21 AM

Hahaha, my thought is I hope you brought a helmet. Lol

Edit: Looks like I didn't get your helmet to you fast enough, boy these guys are quick!

Get the fuck out of here, you twat.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2206
Merit: 3166

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:21:13 AM
Merited by Phil_S (2), xhomerx10 (1), Torque (1)

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1392974251011895300
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:27:10 AM

Elon just pulled the curtain back. Sorry everyone. It's over. This really is the end. Bitcoin will never recover.

Where was Bitcoin before Elon Musk? It survived 10 years without him.

If all the governments can’t stop bitcoin his curtain pulling won’t do anything?

We will bounce back!!!

I hope.

This reminds me a small story...

“Once there was an old farmer, one day in early morning when he went to his fields he saw a young couple making love in his fields. He saw them and he started shouting. Couple came to him and begged “Please don’t shout and don’t tell anyone and we won’t come to your fields again”. But he insisted and said, “No, I will go and tell the whole village about it”.

Girl begged again and said he can do anything if he want but just don’t tell anyone. He excitedly agreed and said “Ok I won’t tell any one but I want to f*ck too”. He pulled down his pants and started making his little johny hard. But nothing happened he kept trying for over 10 minutes but nothing... there was no moment. He tried hard but that dead meat wasn’t going anywhere.

He angrily stood up pulled his pants and said “No, I have decided, I’m going to tell the whole village about it”

So I heard someone tried to sale his cars in Bitcoins but it didn’t go as planned.

Please don’t quote.

Ok... I will subscribe to your reverse psychology.

You will thank me later.   Wink

1. "Could 1b USDT 'fix' the daily RSI?"
2. "Over how many days should this money be spread upon?"
3. "How many coins would someone have to sell to push the price down to 50k?".

My trusted analyst qualitatively hinted that I have too much focus on the short term.
Falling for FOMO am I? Where Lambo? Sh**, I should have bought doge...  Embarrassed

Don't say those kinds of things.

Signs that you are breaking, and our current BTC price predicament surely does not seem to be nearly as "bad" as you seem to be making it out to be.

My questions were looking ahead to an event similar to what we just had. I smelled a bit of bear hyperactivity, and I was guessing someone wasn't happy with the quantity and price of the cheep coinz they got.

I think Elon twatting was just the pretext for a bunch of mid-sized bearwhales to strike. I was trying to assay the average bear size in that particular bunch, and the quantity of cheep coinz that could be bought by the freshly minted tether, and approximately how fast would the (daily, weekly) RSI move as a consequence.

I am not breaking. I never owned a doge btw ;-)

Ok..  fair enough...

I still get the sense that your "gut feelings" were likely just coincidences, and if we had a pump to $75k in the same period, instead of a dump to $45,700, you would have been proclaiming the same thing about the supposed relevance of your gut feeling.. that is unless you have now converted to actual soothsayer status, and you do not seem to be saying that.. yet.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:30:04 AM

"devs"
heslo

Activity: 1147
Merit: 930

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:34:19 AM

lmao I still can't wrap my head around this. He surely is just trolling at this point
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:44:59 AM

Pricewise, it's still good as f, isn't it? We'll shoot to six figures in no time.

In another note, I gained a level, yeehaw Cheesy
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 701

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 05:08:32 AM

Its a shame that an egoistic, megalomaniac and self-serving individual is able to crash the crypto market at will, with a single tweet. When will people realize that Bitcoin is a store of value in itself and doesn't need validation by anyone! Right now its looking like people like Musk can play with the crypto markets at will and make a killing by buying low after crashing the market.

Nobody can Kill Bitcoin it was created to live for ever.

UmerIdrees

Activity: 2226
Merit: 834

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2021, 05:17:02 AM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 05:35:08 AM

we'll be getting to that million $ coin within the next decade for sure.

bear    Angry Angry Angry

[edited out]

I get it, you don't like ETH. I don't like it either. 

Sure, I do not like Eth, but largely in my earlier posts, I was badgering you about ETH and/or other shitcoins not being relevant to this thread, and your failure/refusal to bash them when you are talking about them makes matters worse in terms of your seeming to support them.,. which also seems to be quite irrelevant to this thread, even if it is something that you do to get more bitcoin or dollars.. but whatever... I already made my points in my earlier posts.. but you seem to continue to want to post about shitcoins in this thread.

I am starting to feel dirty by talking about these pieces of shit so much in this thread.. sorry guys, but jesus fucking christ, why are supposed bitcoiners wanting to ongoingly present shitcoins in this thread and engaging in ongoing slippery-slope posting behaviors by suggesting that they are "legit" or that they have some kind of positive attributions (or contributions) in any way? .. fuck that.

You can stop talking about them, or stop reading them, or maybe even "ignoring" them, (but I would not do that personally), if you really don't like shitcoins.

Yes, I could.. but I am not going to.

There are many things in life that cause me feel to feel dirty, uncomfortable or unpleasant from time to time, but I exercise my discretion regarding how to approach such matters when or if they come up.

I am glad to be alive and to be able to make such decisions.

I am merely talking about them from the perspective of an escrow who was asked to assist in the ICO of such coins, and I have done a fair share of them.

Since when was this thread about escrow or the dilemmas that might come from being involved in escrow decisions?

Hundreds of people send me BTC, the coin gets launched, I help distribute the premined allocation according to the contributions, all done with spreadsheets and math or sometimes semi-automated, and that's how "we" (the escrows and the rest of the community) defined "legit" back then.

Well, I am glad that all worked out for you.

There were coins that were complete vaporware, or never launched but collected BTC.. Obviously those are not "legit".

So maybe we differ in definition of what "legit" is or was, and I completely understand your frustration about the whole thing. If it's not bitcoin, it is most likely not "legit", and I'm fine with that.

Seems like we might have differing ways of presenting ideas of legit, which seems to have motivated me to respond to your earlier framing of such "legit" categorizations.

Your failing to acknowledge the existing of shitcoins (and you know they are out there, even if you believe their true value is zero) is getting you all worked up having a discussion about them.

I doubt that it is getting me worked up, even if you would like to project such emotions upon me.

I will admit that recently, I had some conversations in real life that devolved in the other person (actually no coiners purportedly contemplating the potential of becoming coiners) who seemed to not know too much about bitcoin but bringing up other cryptos - and doge coin was surely mentioned in prominent kinds of ways.. so that was a bit irritating, and I doubt that I am failing to "acknowledge the existence" of such shitcoins, even though it seems quite problematic to be continuously trying to derail this thread in such direction, even while you are continuing to "see nothing wrong with that" blah blah blah.

I do know the value of bitcoin,

Your actions and your posts frequently seem to undermine such supposed knowledge of such.

but you think I do not because I mention the supposed value of other shitcoins or altcoins.

Sure.. it could just be that you are either stubborn or have an inability to try to stay topical in this thread.

It is not me giving them value either, but the market.

And......? So what?  You seem to be misreading me if you believe that I conclude that shitcoins do not have any value, even if I conclude that bring them up in this thread is NOT topical and it tends to cost way more than any benefit that it brings, including the fact that you are more than free to talk about all the shitcoins that you love and their supposed value in some other thread in the forum.  Are there forum threads for that? and even if you don't use the forum, there are likely other social media locations too, such as twitter and reddit and likely other places to talk about such irrelevant (to this thread) nonsense.

Sometimes it seems like we might be thinking like the bankers, not giving "intrinsic value" to bitcoin, because that's how they think, when talking about shitcoins.

Oh gawd!!!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

first of all you presume that I don't believe that shitcoins have value and then you make some other kind of nonsense assertion attempting to make an analogy.. Did I wake up in a parallel universe?  help... help.

I simply keep an open mind,

Nobody is stopping you from "keeping an open mind" - just go do it somewhere else.   

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

without assigning value to them from me. You seem to insist that keeping an open mind about shitcoins is a failure.

Yes.. its a failure to either stay on topic or to respect the wishes of consensual matters of mostly staying away from shitcoins in this thread..except to either bash them or to make some bitcoin related observation that mostly would not be construed as pumping such baloney or ideas about supposed value that they might have (in theory).

And for that, I'll probably accept it. As failure eventually leads to success somehow, and knowing how to get up when you fall is better than not falling at all, because we learn.

Of course, this should be a place that allows for learning, but get the fuck out of here with wanting to bring up irrelevant and bullshit shitcoins.. .. why do I feel as if I might be repeating my lil selfie?

Cry Cry Cry Cry

It's nice to think we don't have to fall tho, but that rarely happens.

Yes, lots of us make mistakes in life..and sometimes we learn and other times it takes longer to learn... and surely sometimes we don't learn too, so there are a lot of variations of what might happen whether it is falling or making some other kinds of mistakes.. and hopefully such discussions are mostly involving bitcoin, even while other topics are surely tolerated and accepted in this thread as long as you are not devolving into shitcoin pumping or some other kind of shill pumping posts... which largely tend to be irritating rather than anything that members might want to discuss in this here thread.. .seems to me.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2089
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 05:47:16 AM

read on twatter:

Very strong holders = the Rick Astleys of this world.

Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 06:08:43 AM

a 3 million dollars BTC in 2025 seems lovely (especially for someone like me with a small stash) however I fear it would mostly mean the dollar is worthless by then. Not in a "but it's already worthless" kind of way, but as in "you need stacks of 1000$ bills to buy a baguette".

To me, you seem to be overly pessimistic in terms of the extent to which BTC prices might end up being inflated ONLY because the dollar is losing value in exponential kinds of ways.. which harldy seems to be a condition precedent for BTC prices to rise, whether we are looking at BTC's historical price performance, or it likely future price performance..

But let's just say if BTC went up 60x from here (at $50k-ish) to $3million, then I doubt that baguettes, for example, would end up going up even 2x to 5x in their dollar price.. but even in a kind of worser case scenario if baguettes ended up going up 20x.. you would still be 3x better with holding your value in BTC rather than in baguettes.. which is surely bearish about bitcoin to consider that it is ONLY going to 3x in comparison to the dollar..

In any event, when projecting the price of any assets, goods or services, it does not seem too likely to increase in price nearly as much as bitcoin ends up going up in value..,.

Given the $3million bitcoin scenario by 2025.. which also may well NOT end up being a stable bitcoin price but instead a peak BTC price and a subsequent drop into $1million or something like that could end up happening subsequently, perhaps?  if such a BTC price performance dynamic were to play out within only 4-5 more years-ish from now, then surely there could be a decent amount of volatility to get from our current $50k-ish price to 60x.. which would be $3 million.

Of course, a variety of measuring of the value of assets, goods and services would be important, and surely even with the dollar, we know that assets, goods and services do not increase in price at the same rate, so surely if some popping of bubbles do end up taking place, then there could end up being some returns to more fair valuations of assets, goods and services too.. and to suggest that bitcoin might help to address some of these matters, even if it does not end up completely fixing such a problematic matter of sometimes floating valuations and sometimes attempts to control valuations of such assets, goods and services.

[edited out]

Obviosuly you never heard of Bitmex. Does the word "Bart" mean anything to you.

Of course, I have heard quite a bit about Bitmex and yes, i have heard of bart and reverse bart, and other sometimes existing chart patterns that may have come about from time to time in bitcoin's history... and possible future, too.....so whatever you are suggesting to be supposedly "obvious" regarding your supposed slam-dunk rebuttal of my earlier post seems to be more conclusionary than getting anywhere in discussion of points raised therein..

Oh f*ck what a screwed up day Roll Eyes,
coinbase announcing listing of Douche coin *pun intended* so this is what will pump up the crypto markets? Tongue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5337324.0
Kill me now.

I like that.. "kill me now."..

"devs"

If you do not insert a pic, nobody is going to understand your post.

#justsaying
Pages: « 1 ... 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 [28626] 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 ... 33280 »
  Print  

Jump to: