April 25, 2024, 11:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 [28643] 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367679 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2047
Merit: 1182

Never selling

View Profile
May 16, 2021, 11:44:12 PM

Bitcoin will survive Elon Fudsk clearly.
But what staggers me is that someone with that platform basically doesn't seem to care about his own customers, many of who I would have thought would be hodlers.

He may suffer from bipolar. But that is no excuse to behave like an imbecile. I know for a fact the latter is not a common symptom at all.

If he's really autistic, then he may not be exactly brimming with empathy.

He's a sociopath as well, like all of those who destroy others lives to their own advantage. No empathy, is part of the job for these people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 12:15:27 AM

don't mess with the badger
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2021, 12:15:45 AM

So...Musk tweet is like the Silk Road bust of 2013?

OGs know what I'm talking about...
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 12:17:33 AM

So...Musk tweet is like the Silk Road bust of 2013?

OGs know what I'm talking about...

hope so
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 12:40:43 AM

I can't stand that sentiment.

First of all, who even knows who bitcoiners are?  Bitcoin Twitter is an echo chamber.  And if you want "Crypto Twitter" then there are plenty of Laura Shin type folks to listen to.

Also what's the difference between telling someone that ETH is a scam, and wagging your finger at "toxic" people?  Isn't it really the same thing?

To be honest I am starting to see that line as scam grease.  No need to critisize folks who take the maxi line unless they threaten you, and I think what they threaten is a way he wants to make money.

I get sick of the HFSP shit too to be honest.  But a bunch of dweebs on twitter have absolutely nothing to do with bitcoin adoption.

Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 704

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:06:53 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), shahzadafzal (1)

[edited out]

Support/Resistance levels of Bitcoin on Weekly Chart.

Where's your source link, Sayeds56?

89% hashrate is now signalling for Taproot, atleast there is some positivity around. Smiley

Wow.  in response to your post, Paashaas, I just looked up the current taproot signaling, and it kind of surprises me because it seems that the last time that I looked it up, maybe a day ago or so, it was in the lower 60s%

As I type, taproot watch is currently showing 84.06%.. .which is still getting real close to 90% which may be reachable this difficulty period.  

By the way, before looking up the matter, I had not realized that this difficulty period ONLY started a few days ago, and if 90% is not achieved this difficulty period, we seem to be better setting ourselves up for taproot to be signaling in the 90% plus arena in the next difficulty period which currently is projected to start around May 27/May 28 according to cryptothis.com.

@JayJuanGee, Sir,  My source link is given below:

https://www.investing.com/crypto/bitcoin/btc-usd-technical

BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2021, 01:08:43 AM

It's blood everywhere!!! 🩸
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:09:31 AM

I'll call bottom.

Bad Elon! Bad DOGE!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:20:27 AM

I can't stand that sentiment.

We should recognize what Raoul Pal needs to be rammed with.

Bob?

First of all, who even knows who bitcoiners are?  Bitcoin Twitter is an echo chamber.  And if you want "Crypto Twitter" then there are plenty of Laura Shin type folks to listen to.

Of course, this Raoul Pal guy comes off with the impression:  "I'm new to bitcoin, and I am here to fix it."

yeah right.  

He can fuck off.  That would be great.... and come back later when he is not trying to dictate who is who..,. bitcoin gives no shits whether peeps are nice or not nice... or whether peeps believe that there is a problem with the community or no.

Also what's the difference between telling someone that ETH is a scam, and wagging your finger at "toxic" people?  Isn't it really the same thing?

I think that it is a good thing that bitcoin supporters (at least the more knowledgeable ones) will call out the vast majority of other projects as shit.. and part of the reason that they are shit is because there tend to be centralized entities and individuals printing tokens so they can benefit rather than pegging to bitcoin -- because bitcoin no is broken, in spite many claims of such.

To be honest I am starting to see that line as scam grease.  No need to critisize folks who take the maxi line unless they threaten you, and I think what they threaten is a way he wants to make money.

Well..   from what I understand, Raoul Pal is coming around to bitcoin more and more, so at least he is starting to get the message that even if he does not believe in bitcoin, he better be hedging his bets otherwise bitcoin is going to eat his lunch.  No problem attempting to keep a foot in both camps.. because transition to more and more bitcoin is likely to take a long ass time anyway.. .. although maybe when we look back we will say "that escalated quickly" even though while we are going through the ups and downs of escalation, it is frequently not seeming so damned quickly... especially during correction periods (our current place).

I get sick of the HFSP shit too to be honest.  But a bunch of dweebs on twitter have absolutely nothing to do with bitcoin adoption.

This probably provides some evidence to the doubters that we are NOT quite ready for a supercycle.. but hey.. maybe some peeps are thinking that there will be, and I doubt that the world works like that and I doubt that status quo institutions are just going to roll over without at least a certain amount of fight both with financial tools if they can do that and with information wars too, if they can maintain some amount of credibility in propagating ideas that put bitcoin into doubt, at least to those who are less familiar with what really causes bitcoin to tick, and even some of us longer term bitcoiners will sometimes have our doubts, too... but hopefully we neither panic nor sell too much of our stash too soon because of our sometimes over receptivities to whatever new talking points are getting put out into the social media or wherever else such information is being propagated.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:27:49 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The more I think about it... the more I think Elongate is really really positive for the corn.

We can't lose.  No matter what Elon does it will benefit Bitcoin, I think.  

If he continues to promote Doge it could be quite the detour for folks, but ultimately he will fail.  Because whatever centralizing thing he does will just drive people into the arms of bitcoin.  

He could turn out to be quite the enemy of Bitcoin too... now that the community has publicly embarrassed him.  I do not know what he does under those circumstances.

But overall I see this as probably being a net plus.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2021, 01:30:38 AM

Bad Elon! Bad DOGE!
Next tweet:
Tesla sold Bitcoin 🤣
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:31:30 AM

The more I think about it... the more I think Elongate is really really positive for the corn.

If he continues to promote Doge it could be quite the detour for folks, but ultimately he will fail.  Because whatever centralizing thing he does will just drive people into the arms of bitcoin.  

He could turn out to be quite the enemy of Bitcoin too... now that the community has publicly embarrassed him.  I do not know what he does under those circumstances.

I'm thinking same, but we'll take some time getting through it. He'll probably just move on and ignore it soon enough, when narsacistic types get exposed they usually put the blame on somthing other then them and just disappear. To do otherwise would continue to expose how much of a god they aren't, and their ego is not set up for that.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:33:38 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2021, 01:43:54 AM by somac.

Bad Elon! Bad DOGE!
Next tweet:
Tesla sold Bitcoin 🤣

I think everyone knows he sold already. Inflows day before his twitter post, and the fact that his Tesla venture is going to shit in China. He needed the money to suppress the poor performance of Telsa last quarter and needs it again for this quarter.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:34:43 AM

This probably provides some evidence to the doubters that we are NOT quite ready for a supercycle.. but hey.. maybe some peeps are thinking that there will be, and I doubt that the world works like that and I doubt that status quo institutions are just going to roll over without at least a certain amount of fight both with financial tools if they can do that and with information wars too, if they can maintain some amount of credibility in propagating ideas that put bitcoin into doubt, at least to those who are less familiar with what really causes bitcoin to tick, and even some of us longer term bitcoiners will sometimes have our doubts, too... but hopefully we neither panic nor sell too much of our stash too soon because of our sometimes over receptivities to whatever new talking points are getting put out into the social media or wherever else such information is being propagated.

I think the institutional interest is enough to kick off the "supercycle".

I wish there was a way to know how many CFOs got a text from their board members this weekend about how Elon is doing them all such a big favor.  I imagine the OTC desks are going bonkers tomorrow.  in fact I imagine VIP customers are making deals tonight. The market may have already swallowed up the 19k TSLA sold, assuming I am right about this.  It will go down as a great short term move, but shortsighted.

I suppose I am a hopeless bull.  I just have a hard time seeing this pulback not getting snapped off pretty quickly.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:37:30 AM

[edited out]

Support/Resistance levels of Bitcoin on Weekly Chart.

Where's your source link, Sayeds56?

89% hashrate is now signalling for Taproot, atleast there is some positivity around. Smiley

Wow.  in response to your post, Paashaas, I just looked up the current taproot signaling, and it kind of surprises me because it seems that the last time that I looked it up, maybe a day ago or so, it was in the lower 60s%

As I type, taproot watch is currently showing 84.06%.. .which is still getting real close to 90% which may be reachable this difficulty period.  

By the way, before looking up the matter, I had not realized that this difficulty period ONLY started a few days ago, and if 90% is not achieved this difficulty period, we seem to be better setting ourselves up for taproot to be signaling in the 90% plus arena in the next difficulty period which currently is projected to start around May 27/May 28 according to cryptothis.com.

@JayJuanGee, Sir,  My source link is given below:

https://www.investing.com/crypto/bitcoin/btc-usd-technical

Thanks... helpful that any of us can verify it or maybe even be better able to point something out to you if there might be something deficient about the information. 

I remember a year or maybe longer ago, there was some kinds of issues regarding the block times and even the mining hash that was shared by BCH and/or BSV.. and I remember that there were a few sources that I was looking at but they were not very consistent, and then after a while I realized that one source was better at one thing and another source was better at another thing, so I got some better ideas about which source I would cite for certain purposes...even though for sure, any of us can end up getting confused about the data that we might be looking at and then come to less than good conclusions (sometimes erroneous conclusions).

Hahahaha

Agreed.

That is part of the reason we should try not to get so much bothered by short term dynamics because shit always seem to happen, and if there is no ability to make it seem new and innovative or to have a certain decent level of believability, no one is going to panic, and surely many of us can recognize the lack logic and lack of facts to support Elon, and surely he may have bit off more than he can chew, but he seems to appear as if he has a lot of this under control, but even narcissists likely have some difficulties dealing with the level of their popularity when many of the interaction matters might not play out very close to what he had been anticipating.  I suppose time will tell.

I'm thinking same, but we'll take some time getting through it. He'll probably just move on and ignore it soon enough, when narsacistic types get exposed they usually put the blame on somthing other then them and just disappear. To do otherwise would continue to expose how much of a god they aren't, and their ego is not set up for that.

Probably better stated than me.  Even though I am supposed to be mad at you, somac.  #nohomo.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:39:52 AM

Yeah... this thing really really went bad for him.  He got defensive, started bragging about starting paypal etc.

I think the really tantalizing thing to me is to know what is REALLY going through his head.

The whole bigger blocks, more TPS thing.  Can he really be that unevolved in his thinking about Bitcoin?  He has no excuse.  The math has already been laid out by so many folks.  If he really is that ignorant, then this will have been strongly embarrasing for him.  He will either dig in, or as you say disappear.

It is more interesting to think he is working some angle though.  If so... what is it?  
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 01:41:32 AM

Bad Elon! Bad DOGE!
Next tweet:
Tesla sold Bitcoin 🤣

I think everyone knows he sold already. Inflows day before his twitter post, and the fact that his Tesla venture is going to chit in China. He needed the money to suppress the poor performance of Telsa last quarter and needs it again for this quarter.

If this is the case...  then it would be sooooooo very delicious for Bitcoin to punish him very severely.  Until recently I had nothing against the guy (nor did I worship him as I feel some do), but as of now I would love to see him suffer. Wink  Evil, I suppose.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 02:14:04 AM

Elon said on TV the other day that he was autistic/asperger aka a genius. But he didn't say he was a stable genius. I wasn't too fond of him touting crypto, for that reason. Especially since crypto didn't need any touting. When he's promoting colonizing Mars it's good because too few people are doing it.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 02:15:24 AM

Bad Elon! Bad DOGE!
Next tweet:
Tesla sold Bitcoin 🤣

I think everyone knows he sold already. Inflows day before his twitter post, and the fact that his Tesla venture is going to chit in China. He needed the money to suppress the poor performance of Telsa last quarter and needs it again for this quarter.

If this is the case...  then it would be sooooooo very delicious for Bitcoin to punish him very severely.  Until recently I had nothing against the guy (nor did I worship him as I feel some do), but as of now I would love to see him suffer. Wink  Evil, I suppose.

I remember Dave Portnoy being the smartest guy in the room too, for about a minute, even though Portnoy sold at a loss, but even so, Musk could have potentially sold at a 10% or 20% profit or maybe even a wee bit greater numbers, and we have seen time and time again that those kinds of profits are for ants in bitcoinlandia.. even some folks who shave large portions after several x of UPpity end up looking bad when they are subsequently shown (by BTC price movements) to have sold too much too soon..., and then failing and refusing, for a long ass time, to buy back in because the price is way higher than their sell price(s).
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 17, 2021, 02:36:06 AM

Not to mention that if you ask me the Tether news was also really kinda negative, though it's been a bit of a sleeper.  They pretty much admitted to being fractional.

Tell me it ain't so. Shocked, I tell ya. /s
Pages: « 1 ... 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 28610 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 [28643] 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: