March 28, 2024, 12:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 29027 29028 29029 29030 29031 29032 29033 29034 29035 29036 29037 29038 29039 29040 29041 29042 29043 29044 29045 29046 29047 29048 29049 29050 29051 29052 29053 29054 29055 29056 29057 29058 29059 29060 29061 29062 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 [29077] 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 29088 29089 29090 29091 29092 29093 29094 29095 29096 29097 29098 29099 29100 29101 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 29113 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 ... 33203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336436 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:06:57 AM

Why not an update?

I am thinking that even if we were to price each pizza at $25, then two pizzas at our current BTC prices of $39,050 would be about .00128041 BTC for two pizzas.. that is nearly a magnitude (1/10) less than it was in 2017, no?  And, surely we are not done yet, for those of us valuing our wealth in pizzas, there is likely going to continue to be more and more value in terms of pizza purchasing power if we accumulate and HODL our BTC in the coming years.

Sure spend some along the way too, if you don't have anything else to spend.. but over the long run bitcoin surely has shown itself to be a great storage of value, especially in terms of how much pizza any of us can get with our satoshis.

Let's have a goal of getting off of zero BTC first, and then maybe shoot for 1 million satoshis, then maybe 21 million and then maybe 210 million.. (or perhaps stop off at 100 million first).  We need to try to be realistic in terms of how many satoshis people are going to be able to gather with the passage of time and while bitcoin (satoshis) is continuing to become more and more popular.

In my thinking, the lesson is not necessarily in not spending BTC, but more likely spend and replace your BTC if you are in BTC accumulation mode.. and in accordance with Gresham principles use your other ways of spending before spending your bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:25:53 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2021, 02:39:11 AM by fr4nkthetank

alpacas socks !!! true sock trailblazers

Just for you guys Im going to buy some, they are still in business I hope, I will be an alpaca sock wearing cryptoterrorist soon
now see you all in 7 years where we can compare socks again

EDIT: THEY ARE ! (green hill alpacas)  Alpacas socks on the way.  Where are your 40k again Bitcoin socks ?  Where are your comfy cozy moisture wicking non smelling beautifully crafted alpacas socks ?
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1337

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:48:41 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2021, 01:09:28 AM by strawbs
Merited by vapourminer (3), Dabs (2), friends1980 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Hey WOers. Real life has taken me away from here for the last >month so unfortunately I haven't been able to read or write much.

However, for the first time in ages I sold a little bit of btc and spent the proceeds on a few new toys - I don't want to disclose exact details. But what I do want to stress is that IT'S OK TO SELL A BIT NOW AND THEN!

friends1980's earlier post caused me to check to see that I've been knocking around here for 8 years now, which is insane (in a good way). But I've hodled (mostly) and have not really enjoyed many benefits of seeing my net worth multiply, especially since I think I had become preoccupied with not wanting to see my stash reduce, in terms of numbers of btc. But this small sale of btc has allowed me to extract some real enjoyment, experiences and value that I wouldn't have had if I had kept on hodling all of my stash.

Sure, I only sold a tiny, tiny bit - but it was enough to treat myself to sufficient material gains and experiences to be deemed justifiable. I now kind of wish I hadn't been so inflexible in the past.

So, if you've made some gains over the last few years, don't feel too bad about cashing out a bit (but only a little bit!) and enjoying it now, in the moment - after all, none of us know how long we're going to be around and there's no point taking your private keys to your grave.

Of course, keep on hodling, but treat yourself a bit too if you're lucky enough to be in a position to do so. We deserve it, after all the shit we've been through!!
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:57:35 AM

Why not an update?

I am thinking that even if we were to price each pizza at $25, then two pizzas at our current BTC prices of $39,050 would be about .00128041 BTC for two pizzas.. that is nearly a magnitude (1/10) less than it was in 2017, no?  And, surely we are not done yet, for those of us valuing our wealth in pizzas, there is likely going to continue to be more and more value in terms of pizza purchasing power if we accumulate and HODL our BTC in the coming years.

In the coming years we might reach 25 sats for two pizzas.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1743

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 01:01:31 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 01:20:02 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2021, 02:16:31 AM by JayJuanGee

[edited out]

I Do Appreciate your concern J1G, but Damn if you aren't a Helluva Hard to Please gripening old curmudgeon!!!

I am not sure what my disposition has to do with anything substantive regarding my comments.... focus, copetech.. focus.

First you have a lil hissy fit over my calling Downity looking trends and being happy to buy cheap corn. Now you have another little bleeding twat-bitch-fest over my calling an UPpity looking trend and saying "Fuckit, UP we Go!"

Perhaps that's part of the problem.. You are acting like you know the price direction and trying to show yourself as some kind of knows better than everyone else.  Is that it?

Never once have I said "Yeah! Let's shoot for the Moon!"

You are getting distracted about details, and my earlier post had more to do with newbie status including that BTC accumulation goals should be the direction to go rather than trying to proclaim you know the short term BTC direction in advance.  None of us know those kinds of things beyond just having some ideas about probabilities and price pressures (or momentum) that seem to exist in either direction.. so sure, any of us can proclaim that we saw around a $5k BTC price increase in less than 3 hours and another.. $1k additional ($6k in total) in the following 18 hours to thereby witness a $6k price increase in less than 24 hours. ... I am excited I am excited.. nothing wrong with that.

If you are a newbie who proclaims to be interested in preparing for fuck you status, and you even said (after you got distracted by shitcoin nonsense and then apparently said that you were interested in BTC) that you and your wife had something like a 20-year investment timeline.. so I hardly understand why you seem to have little to no ability to stay focused on BTC accumulation, in the event that you had some initial goals about BTC accumulation - so yes, I am responding to the factual situation that you present rather than your personal particulars, it is only that your BIG ass proclamations do not really seem to very well match with what are supposedly your goals, so if you have some kind of ability to pay attention to the points that I made, rather than getting distracted in regards to my supposed mood, then you might be able to direct your response a wee bit MOAR better.. without so many emotions in the process.

But my system is working very well by every metric I have judged it by and accumulation has moved along nicely.

That's good.  You have been in bitcoin for a couple of months and you are proclaiming to have developed a  fool proof system, merely because you have been profitable so far?

I'm  better off than I expected to be by this point.

Sure.. nothing wrong with that.

(OpSec - I have never stated what amounts I have invested or how many Sats it has got me)

I doubt that anyone is requesting that you show proof, at least not so far... If you start to make outrageous claims then you might be requested to show some proof.

In any event, usually it is not really necessary to show proof in order to talk about some things that at you u are doing and to suggest that you have developed a good system.. I suppose when you are starting to solicit customers, then that might become problematic, so you have not really done that yet, beyond making some implications that you might have some great ideas in which you believe that you might be able to perform beyond regular DCA practices or beyond mere buy and HODL practices.

Wonder, if you are guaranteeing your system yet?

BUT, yes, truth be told another month of meandering through low 30's wouldn't be a bad thing for me. (Is that inconsiderate of me to say?) I'm simply trying to work with the cards as they're dealt.

Seems like you are repeating the same ideas that I just mentioned.

So, yeah of course, if a certain amount of your investment into BTC is dependent upon cashflow as it comes in, then you are going to be able to accumulate more BTC if the BTC price stays down.. Of course, if you had some lump sum that you were holding and waiting for more down, then you might begin to feel uncomfortable if the BTC price is going UP rather than sideways or down... nothing really surprising or unusual about those kinds of assessments.

We're currently around 6:30ish EDT and bumping off the remaining $40k supports. Was I really that far off with my expectations?

You have some kind of need to be right about something?  Which way is the BTC price going from here smartie pants?

By the way, I am not sure what you are referring to when you use the expression of "$40k supports"?

Most of the time when people refer to "support" they are referring to the price on the way down (which is a lower price than the current price)... so for example, at this particular time, I could say that the BTC price met resistance in the lower $40ks (at $40,581 as the local top), but after a inter-day correction, there seemed to have been a show of support ion the lower to mid $36ks (especially since the BTC price did not go below $36,386).

In any event, if I read your above assertion in context, it appears that you are referring to $40k "resistance" (rather than "support"), to the extent that there might currently be resistance in that $40k price area.

Now as for my current status, yes I'm still early in my accumulation stage and I expect to be playing this system out for another 10+ years (assuming cycles hold to expectations based on past patterns). But fact of the matter is, every dime I'm spending is Fuck You money, and my Fuck You status has very little to do with money anyway.

Again, your statement comes off as confusing because we are talking about BTC here, and on a personal investment level, BTC can be used to be able to help in reaching fuck you status for people who are contemplating ways to attempt to use BTC in that regard.  If you have some other ideas, then it probably would be helpful for you to explain so we know what the fuck you are talking about.

I provided a hypothetical goal of reaching $2 million in principle as being a kind of entry level fuck you status, and for sure, people re going to come to differing assessments of where that entry level might be.  I was just using that as an example in order to attempt to treat the discussion in concrete ways rather than not having any references or throwing out amorphous and ill-defined goals.  

Anyhow, I have heard that moving of the goal post claims before when members just want to devolve into nonsense talk and fail refuse to clarify what they are talking about.

I have my house paid for and $0.00 debt.

I suppose that there is nothing wrong with that, but these days some people do use debt to fuel their ability to leverage or magnify other investments, and sometimes people will never get ahead if they do not have capital to invest and that is part of the rationale for using debt.  For example, if you ONLY are able to make a minimum wage and you never really invest in appreciating assets, then you might find that you never get ahead, but sure, if you already own your own home in full at least you are not without any assets..

I live a fairly modest lifestyle and don't really get much joy out of wasting time or money.

Sure, living within your means is a good thing, but one man's waste is another man's enjoyment, so hopefully you are not depriving ur lil selfie too much in terms of enjoying some consumption beyond ramen.

I have a gorgeous young wife who's also brilliant and engaging, great friends, a good, challenging career.

Sounds  like everything a guy could wish for.  #nohomo

If my BTC system works out I'll be really stoked to have succeeded in this particular game, but if not, Fuck Me oh well, what game shall I play next?

You are gambling with your approach to BTC?  Is that what you would like to say?

So as to "wanting to come off as a BIGGER baller" sorry if you got that impression, but my wanting is to try to avoid any situation where I end up discussing the size of my balls on an internet forum.

Now, you seem to purposefully be playing dumb, no?.. which is probably just you reacting emotionally to a statement rather than focusing on what was said/meant.

And as to my system of profit taking and acceleration of accumulation at various points in the proclaimed 4 year cycling, you don't wanna talk about it, but thus far it's worked very well in a fairly flat to dippening market

Again, you have been in BTC for about 2 months and you proclaim to have a system that works?  Strange assertion, no?

and I'm interested in seeing if it continues to behave as expected in a uppity bullrun kind of situation. So yep, "King Daddy" says time for up, I'm ready, let's go!

You say that we are going up from here?  Hopefully, you are a bit more prepared than for merely one direction.. but whatever.. do what you are going to do.

What are you whining about?

You are interpreting my comments, questions and clarifications as "whining"?  I have no reason at all to whine - except I suppose if a member appears to be acting like he is a bitcoin expert after learning about it for two months, then maybe that bothers me a wee  bit, so sure call that whining if you must.

BTW it's now nearly 8:00 and we're still bumping against $39.5k resistances leading up to $40k so I MAY have been a little optimistic this morning but I can still see a $42k midnight finish as a possibility even if not so much a likelihood.

I suppose there could be some value in proclaiming where the BTC price might be going in the coming hours, days or weeks, but many of us here know that the BTC price can go in a lot of directions in a short period of time, so sure, you might be right and you might end up being wrong, but hard to know what value that brings in terms of newbie copetech trying to show that he has some kind of short-term BTC price sorcery abilities.. and of course, you would not be the first WO member who proclaims to have such powers, until they don't. hahahahha

Were you planning on plotting out your track record, or did you merely want some of us to defer to your sorcery prowess so long as you continue to be correct (according to the assessments of ur lil selfie)

(I know, I type slow and get distracted easily)

-Cope

Also, I had noticed that you do seem to get distracted relatively easily.  Accordingly, we do seem to agree upon that observation.   Tongue Tongue Tongue
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:01:26 AM

Explanation
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:09:16 AM

[edited out]

LMAO OK, so you're a Fun Gripening Old Curmudgeon Bot if nothing else!

If I weren't a meritless JR type, I would probably toss you a couple merits for your amusing windability!

Was that a squirrel???

(just trying to be agreeable)
wavessurfing

Activity: 365
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:15:23 AM
Merited by Dabs (1)

40,000 reached again on kraken.
Copetech

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:15:28 AM
Merited by Dabs (1)

Oh! Welcome Back $40k! Still got an hour and a half left, let's run like hell for $42k!
Copetech

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:16:30 AM

Fast typer I see!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:25:10 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), strawbs (1)

Hey WOers. Real life has taken me away from here for the last >month so unfortunately I haven't been able to read or write much.

However, for the first time in ages I sold a little bit of btc and spent the proceeds on a few new toys - I don't want to disclose exact details. But what I do want to stress is that IT'S OK TO SELL A BIT NOW AND THEN!

friends1980's earlier post caused me to check to see that I've been knocking around here for 8 years now, which is insane (in a good way). But I've hodled (mostly) and have not really enjoyed many benefits of seeing my net worth multiply, especially since I think I had become preoccupied with not wanting to see my stash reduce, in terms of numbers of btc. But this small sale of btc has allowed me to extract some real enjoyment, experiences and value that I wouldn't have had if I had kept on hodling all of my stash.

Sure, I only sold a tiny, tiny bit - but it was enough to treat myself to sufficient material gains and experiences to be deemed justifiable. I now kind of wish I hadn't been so inflexible in the past.

So, if you've made some gains over the last few years, don't feel too bad about cashing out a bit (but only a little bit!) and enjoying it now, in the moment - after all, none of us know how long we're going to be around and there's no point taking your private keys to your grave.

Of course, keep on hodling, but treat yourself a bit too if you're lucky enough to be in a position to do so. We deserve it, after all the shit we've been through!!

Sure, if you have BTC and you are greatly in profits, then it is good to shave some BTC off along the way, and so I have no problem with that.

I do have a bit of a problem to provide some kind of global assertion that this is the time to be selling, after we had a 56% price correction and we happen to be currently bouncing around in about a 40% price correction zone and likely in a bull market.

So, sure each of us might have our own conclusions, and some of us might believe that the bullrun for this cycle is over.. so there might be some erroneous and some good reasons to sell, and some folks might have come to a realization that they have not sold any BTC for 6-8 years or whatever, so those folks would  likely come to differing conclusions regarding whether there is any need to time the market in terms of their shaving off some profits here and there.. and so there is likely no real blanket answer regarding what to do exactly.. .

For example guys like me, have been selling small amounts all the way up from $250 to $64,895, so in the last couple of months I have been buying way the fuck more than selling, merely based on BTC's recent price price direction, so of course, if I bought all the way down to $28,600, then my system already allows me to have been selling on the way up.. but my amounts are only meant as kinds of systematic maintenance rather than feeling any kind of emotional or financial need to take some value off the table due to overly deferring gratification... so yeah, if someone (such as yourself, perhaps? strawbs) has failed/refused to take profits all along, then you may well not be in a very good position in terms of suggesting that now is a better time to do it rather than some guys who might not be in the same place as you.

By the way, personally, in about late April, I did enter into some various kinds of contracts that do cause me to have to have more cash available than what I would usually have needed to have, and largely I had been considering to NOT change any aspects of BTC management systems that I already have in place, but the BTC's price performance ended up largely moving against me by the time I made some tweaks to my system in terms of moving funds around - so sure, with me, there has also been some juggling, but I deny cashing out any extra BTC (at least not so far), and so far, I have just been moving funds around.. but NOT really in preferable conditions when we had the BTC price correct by 56% during that time.

At some point, I will probably provide some additional details regarding what I did (or what I am in the midst of doing), but surely I do not want to say too much while the process is still playing out...

Why not an update?

In the coming years we might reach 25 sats for two pizzas.

That would be a pretty damned low price for two pizzas, and I am not even saying that it might not be reachable in the next 30-50 years.  I would be surprised if we were to reach such a price earlier than 30 years... given that two pizzas currently cost about 128,041 sats (converting the above BTC price to sats)...

Just think about the matter, hi-tech..

Let's say that we are able to move the decimal over one place every BTC cycle (which seems way too ambitious).. so then the price of two pizzas might play out like this:

2021 128,041 Sats

2025 12,804.1 Sats

2029 1,280.41 Sats

2033 128.041 Sats

2037 12.8041 Sats

That seems to be too ambitious to me, so maybe we should double the number of cycles for each magnitude, so then it would look more like this.

2021 128,041 Sats

2029 12,804.1 Sats

2037 1,280.41 Sats

2045 128.041 Sats

2053 12.8041 Sats

More reasonable?  Perhaps?  perhaps?  Still seems a wee bit ambitious, even to get two pizzas at 13 sats in 2053-ish.  Good to have high aspirations though, no?
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 02:26:42 AM

This is what will happen to a person when watching the price goes up and down within days in time frame.

Luckily, It didn't happened to me when I saw bitcoin increased and then decrease that time. I THINK bitcoin will stay at current price and maybe it will increase on thr next month.
Source of image: https://ahseeit.com//king-include/uploads/2021/01/600dd8f9cddeb-9432691530.jpeg

"Onion ring" - we usually just call that onion.

The cheese that stuck to the box probably comes out at 20k.
We call it cut onion.

I don't like onion.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 03:01:34 AM

Explanation
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1481

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 03:03:14 AM

I still remember when some bears said $15k is where BTC will land when we reached $30k.
Imagine saying that now when we @ $40k.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 04:01:25 AM

Explanation
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 04:56:09 AM

I still remember when some bears said $15k is where BTC will land when we reached $30k.
Imagine saying that now when we @ $40k.

As soon as boom bitcoin price $42k next terget $62k this is the renge i hope soon back old renge... Cool
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 05:01:26 AM

Explanation
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 05:34:11 AM

Remember the naked guy in Berlin who chased a wild pig in a park?
He is now available as a model figure for your model train setup.
https://www.modellhobby.se/sv/djur/88448-busch-perky-wild-pig-busch-7948.html

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/WbQPEK/har-jagar-mannen-den-svinaktiga-tjuven--helt-naken

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/07/german-nudist-chases-wild-boar-that-stole-laptop-berlin-teufelssee?fbclid=IwAR2rfA7PwIyoOnq9Ekj8mQP8FTaYq6W3RuVgQj8lpIw2d3UnWMdWH28GGyQ
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 05:39:25 AM

There is another one who might be feeling be the same at this moment "alive but dead inside"

Who considered it to be dead and joke are now regretting to see it at $40k back again and still long way to go.
Pages: « 1 ... 29027 29028 29029 29030 29031 29032 29033 29034 29035 29036 29037 29038 29039 29040 29041 29042 29043 29044 29045 29046 29047 29048 29049 29050 29051 29052 29053 29054 29055 29056 29057 29058 29059 29060 29061 29062 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 [29077] 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 29088 29089 29090 29091 29092 29093 29094 29095 29096 29097 29098 29099 29100 29101 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 29113 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 ... 33203 »
  Print  

Jump to: