April 16, 2024, 02:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (70%)
<$60,000 - 18 (30%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: « 1 ... 29297 29298 29299 29300 29301 29302 29303 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 29314 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 [29347] 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 29354 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 ... 33267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355775 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 09:45:02 PM

Forgot about that
With fifteen minutes to spare
I made a haiku

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 09:52:05 PM

I've got brand new shoes
Wearing them to break them in
Can not feel my feet

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:01:25 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:05:28 PM

Alts ate bitcoin's lunch for the the last 9 mo and now getting to eat our dinner.
That's the main lesson vis-à-vis bitcoin in 2021 (so far).

If you forfeited investment in good alts, you lost a big chunk of this bull appreciation.
I know a couple (of mid and large cap) which did 100X in 2021 alone.
That's life-changing numbers if you were aggressive enough and took profits about now or in May (for some).

Pantera's Capital D. Morehead was right about this-kudos to him.
Maybe I should invest some in his projects...perhaps, not now, but during the bear phase when prices would be lower.

However, if we will continue to meager at 46-50K until the end of September, I might consider buying Dec or March out of the money call options on btc or maybe even a bit of a leveraged bet instead (not 80X, of course).

How much are your beloved altcoins worth? How much is Bitcoin worth?

Actually, as I posted above, I am 50% overweight in bitcoin vs it's 40-41% dominance.
Bitcoin is worth 40.9% of cryptocurrency market, shitcoins+stablecoins are worth the MAJORITY (59.1%).
This is just a fact..and on Jan 2 2021, about 9 (not 2! months ago), bitcoin had 72% dominance, which means that bitcoin was very weak (relatively speaking) for 9 mo already. Not going to post anything about specific shitcoins-find it out for yourself, but some education regarding the issue is in order.
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1682

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:14:57 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (3), vapourminer (1)

20 million sats of lightning channels opened to IBEX and OpenNode.com today to support El Salvador.

I'm not buying the dip.  I am building the future.

Will be adding to that in the next few days. Starting my own lnd node.

We should create a WO LN Channels. Create a WO web of LN Channels

That's a GREAT idea!  If each new "member" of the club just opens a channel to the last member we could make a big ring of liquidity.  Particularly if we set WO channels to zero fees.

This site sort of is based on a micro version of that idea, and I find it to be an interesting strategy.  I joined a few of the "swaps" here:

https://lightningnetwork.plus/swaps

We should create a Hub and Spoke Channel, this way there is some redundancy in the event a node with in the WO web is unreachable.

I was thinking 4 channels to other WO LN members and 3 channels external... this will give you at the magical 7 degrees of separation.

On another note, I am waiting on 3 new 1TB SSD drives and a dedicated UPS. Will be running them in RAID 1 with one spare, not much progress for now. box setup will be i5 (8th Gen) and 16GB RAM

cAPSLOCK, did you have your bitcoind running on the same box as lnd or they are separate?

I am planning on running this on Linux not Windows. I haven't had a full time linux box in the house since Slackware 13.37.... hmm just notice Slackware last major release was 2016...

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:15:27 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Q: can @jjg get moar stupenings per sq meter of the posting space?
A: yes, he/she can

Someone is consumed by emotions..unable to recognize a simple fact that bitcoin returns THIS year suck big time, but it might change starting in October.
Dominance decline (with no reversal) surely indicates a multi polar world where bitcoin is just one big actor.
As long as bitcoin stays above 50%, there is always a chance that other projects functionality would be folded into bitcoin.
At 40%-still a small chance, at 35% almost no chance and at 30%-no chance.

It is what it is, and I still have much more than 40.7% allocated to bitcoin (more like slightly below 60%) so you can call me "overweight" in bitcoin, but I am not going to sit idly twisting my thumbs and doing retarded sell outs-sell ins (in and out of fiat) which some people here are proposing.
In fact, @jjg probably cost many millions in lost opportunity to those who listened to his/her diatribes in the last 9-10 mo or so.

If all alts suddenly collapse, that would be even better still since the majority of my cryptocurrencies (or maybe you like to call them "virtual currencies", lol) are in bitcoin and my cost in btc and alts (aka "shitcoins") is now below ZERO. I am playing essentially with the house money....for the win.

Honestly, ETH (#2 of the market) constantly loses against BTC since its last major ETHBTC pump. Sure, while there are other, younger smaller capped shitcoins as well that take up a fair amount of the market. However, i think this is just noise, and ultimately many shitcoiners aim to get more BTC, some more are just bagholders with also some of their wealth already in BTC.
Now, when is the best time to sell for shitcoin traders? When BTC is well below it's peak price target, compared to future cycle ATH (let's assume our favorite twitter analyst calls $180k, fpr example). When BTC starts going parabolic again, many traders know they will most probably lose money against BTC, so the selling starts on spot, which lets BTC price go up moar, Along the way, a good part of the shitcoin bagholders also sell, in face of their shitcoin's value decreasing, against BTC and even more against USD.
What about the shitcoin holders aka "diamond hands"? Well, sorry, maybe your $SALONA will go up next time after Bitcoin's ATH. Maybe you should have sold and hodl king daddy instead..  Cheesy

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 11909

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:21:19 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Some alts probably did good VS btc, but also complete shitcoin a have done good VS btc in history for example XRP, DOGE, ADA etc have had there momentum…. Those where like total crap
Some shitcoins viewed by wider public as coins with somewhat utility like DeFi shit SOL, FTM, ETH, AAVE… or exchange coins like Binance coin, FTT … so e have done good VS btc as well though there where always some, but it’s just momentum, BTC will always come back

Always remember those coins are here to take away your BTC’s, don’t fal for the momentum’s of the alt’coolaid

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:23:10 PM

Someone is consumed by emotions..unable to recognize a simple fact that bitcoin returns THIS year suck big time, but it might change starting in October.
Dominance decline (with no reversal) surely indicates a multi polar world where bitcoin is just one big actor.
As long as bitcoin stays above 50%, there is always a chance that other projects functionality would be folded into bitcoin.

It is what it is, and I still have much more than 40.7% allocated to bitcoin (more like slightly below 60%) so you can call me "overweight" in bitcoin, but I am not going to sit idly twisting my thumbs and doing retarded sell outs-sell ins (in and out of fiat) which some people here are proposing.
In fact, @jjg probably cost many millions in lost opportunity to those who listened to his/her diatribes in the last 9-10 mo or so.

If all alts suddenly collapse, that would be even better still since the majority of my cryptocurrencies (or maybe you like to call them "virtual currencies", lol) are in bitcoin and my cost in btc and alts (aka "shitcoins") is now below ZERO. I am playing essentially with the house money....for the win.

Honestly, ETH (#2 of the market) constantly loses against BTC since its last major ETHBTC pump. Sure, while there are other, younger smaller capped shitcoins as well that take up a fair amount of the market. However, i think this is just noise, and ultimately many shitcoiners aim to get more BTC, some more are just bagholders with also some of their wealth already in BTC.
Now, when is the best time to sell for shitcoin traders? When BTC is well below it's peak price target, compared to future cycle ATH (let's assume our favorite twitter analyst calls $180k, fpr example). When BTC starts going parabolic again, many traders know they will most probably lose money against BTC, so the selling starts on spot, which lets BTC price go up moar, Along the way, a good part of the shitcoin bagholders also sell, in face of their shitcoin's value decreasing, against BTC and even more against USD.
What about the shitcoin holders aka "diamond hands"? Well, sorry, maybe your $SALONA will go up next time after Bitcoin's ATH. Maybe you should have sold and hodl king daddy instead..  Cheesy

Diamond hands in shitcoins ...a bad idea.
Yes, I hope that the market will turn toward bitcoin within the next two weeks.
Having said that, not participating in some spectacular runs YTD had cost some quite a bit in opportunity lost.
Morehead predicted it early-kudos to him. Whats $SALONA? Whatever, it is beside the point.
The point was that we have had a steady decline of bitcoin dominance over the last 9 mo. I don't like it, but i have to accept it as it already happened.

Going forward, we are at the fork in the road: either the dominance completely collapses (to 25-30%) or bumps up to maybe 50-60% soon.
My expectation is for the latter.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 11909

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:27:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

https://twitter.com/rajhodl/status/1437056070409617408?s=21

Zedpastin

Activity: 363
Merit: 323

Infographics save lives

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:29:24 PM

Alts ate bitcoin's lunch for the the last 9 mo and now getting to eat our dinner.

If you forfeited investment in good alts, you lost a big chunk of this bull appreciation.
That's life-changing numbers if you were aggressive enough and took profits about now or in May (for some).

Maybe I should invest some in his projects...perhaps, not now, but during the bear phase when prices would be lower.

However, if we will continue to meager at 46-50K until the end of September, I might consider buying Dec or March out of the money call options on btc or maybe even a bit of a leveraged bet instead (not 80X, of course).

Actually, as I posted above, I am 50% overweight in bitcoin vs it's 40-41% dominance.
Bitcoin is worth 40.9% of cryptocurrency market, shitcoins+stablecoins are worth the MAJORITY (59.1%).
This is just a fact..and on Jan 2 2021, about 9 (not 2! months ago), bitcoin had 72% dominance, which means that bitcoin was very weak (relatively speaking) for 9 mo already. Not going to post anything about specific shitcoins-find it out for yourself, but some education regarding the issue is in order.
OK what education do I need. You are nitpicking a period of time and saying that altcoins are the better investment? What altcoins are you talking about I will take a look at them and I will provide charts that show from its creation it has performed worse than Bitcoin and only recently in your nitpicked period it has performed better. 9 months is a very short time to compare and I can bet that the altcoin you are talking about will be hitting resistance very soon like Bitcoin has in its lifetime while it climbs higher which then Bitcoin will 100% out perform it. If you compare BTC to ETH and times that it has hit resistance then you will see that during times of hitting resistance BTC out performs ETH when it hits resistance. Comparing a altcoin which is not hitting resistance to btc who is is not a good comparison. If you could give me the altcoin we can start looking at charts and breaking down the information. You might be right and I need more education but without knowing the altcoin you are talking about I cannot accurately argument my side. If you give me a shitcoin that is pumping because of hype but will shortly die I probably will not go into the effort of breaking down the chart because by the time I broke the chart down it would have already crashed.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10127

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:30:12 PM

I feel bad even addressing this nonsense.. so I will try to keep it short (to the extent feasible)

Someone is consumed by emotions..unable to recognize a simple fact that bitcoin returns THIS year suck big time,

If you are referring to someone consumed by emotion.. you may well be looking in the mirror, no?

but it might change starting in October.

Maybe?  Maybe not?  Does it matter very much if you structure your investments in such a way that you are ready for prices to move in either direction?

Yes.. dominance matters to the extent that distracted people consider largely irrelevant factors to be relevant.

Again.. hardly relevant.., you seem to be one of those cave dwellers looking at shadows and trying to figure out their significance.

Why don't you come out of that damned cave and get a little light.  It may help you a wee bit - to the extent that there is anything still salvageable there?

Hm?  You have to judge how you like, and I suppose if you are saying that you have some where between 40% and 60% of all your investment portfolio in bitcoin, then it may well be harder to argue that you are underallocated [edit: I have decided to let my earlier draft of this post stand "as it was drafted" even though you explained in your subsequent post regarding your being even more lost than I had originally assumed you to be.  Nonetheless, my leaving my post as it had stood is likely a more productive angle to the topic of attempting to think through and figure out bitcoin allocations than to get caught up in either your level of valuing shitcoins or to give much if any credence to anyone (including uie-pooie) actually believing that coinmarket cap is a helpful way of actually assessing bitcoin's value relative to various shitcoins or to attempt to assess the value of the crypto space as a whole based on coinmarket cap numbers].

So, sure there is likely going to be a decent amount of discretion there regarding how you might play your bitcoin allocations.. and sure if you are distracted by shitcoins (which it seems that you are), it may well be difficult to talk any sense into you, to the extent that it may even be relevant in this particular thread - since surely there are pretty few peeps in this thread (besides ur lil selfie) who would feel that there is anything useful into getting into shitcoin discussions here.. especially since there are other places on the forum that you can talk about that nonsense and the various risks that would need to be weighed.. again not relevant here.

Nonetheless, if we attempt to somewhat attempt to stay focused on bitcoin, I would consider that there are considerable differences in terms of someone who is contemplating coming fresh into bitcoin (such as a no coiner) and attempting to figure out how much to allocate to bitcoin... again, I have frequently suggested 1% to 10% as a starting allocation.. that can be tweaked after getting some groundings and familiarity with bitcoin, its investment thesis and some various tradeoffs.

The other kind of person is one who has already been in bitcoin for a while, and that longer term person has to consider whether to let his/her bitcoin allocations ride or to reallocate from time to to time.

I personally had asserted that I have been quite inclined to let my BTC investments ride quite a bit with very little overall sales of bitcoin because I already feel pretty damned diversified in the remainder of my portfolio... Any person who does not have other investments (besides bitcoin and fiat  - I am not referring to shitcoins, here) is likely going to consider the matter of diversification a wee bit differently from someone who has already largely prepared for bitcoin crashing kinds of scenarios... and so even someone could have 90% or so of his/her total investment portfolio (again not referring to shitcoins here) into bitcoin that largely came due to bitcoin's past price appreciation, and still be sufficiently allocated with the other 10% in various traditional investments like properties, equities and other kinds of investments (I have quite a few doubts in the utility of gold or other PMs in this regard too, but I could see why someone might choose to hold some gold and pms.. even though I don't have any significant value in those gold or PMs.. and I don't feel that I need to).

First:  Peeps are responsible for managing their own portfolios and risks, so there should hardly be any need to continue to repeat that this is not financial advice and you are responsible for ur lil selfie (you better fucking make sure that you have some bitcoin... hahahahaha)...

Second: since when have I been talking about peeps investing into bitcoin on a 9-10 month time horizon...?  You are fucking disingenuine dweeb, Biodom.  To the extent that I remember to say it, I frequently assert that peeps should be coming into bitcoin with at least a 4 year investment time horizon.. and longer such as 10 years or more would be even better.

Third:  Refer back to my 1st and second points.. I am not sure if I need to say more in regards to this Biodom disingenuine statement.

Aren't you just the greatest thing since sliced bread, Biodom?  Can you clone ur lil selfie and send one copy to each of the regular forum members here (including but not limited to yours truly), so that we can have a famous friend in real life?

I've got brand new shoes
Wearing them to break them in
Can not feel my feet

Seeing that pic makes me feel like kicking you in the ass.  #nohomo

Wow!!!!  After further explanation, you are appearing as even more retarded (if that's even possible?) than you did from the earlier explanation.

Actually, I did realize that there are peeps, who actually attempt to invest (in crypto) in accordance with the marketcap, but I doubted that anyone would actually admit it here.. especially someone who has more than a couple hundred activity points.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:30:51 PM

20 million sats of lightning channels opened to IBEX and OpenNode.com today to support El Salvador.

That's a GREAT idea!  If each new "member" of the club just opens a channel to the last member we could make a big ring of liquidity.  Particularly if we set WO channels to zero fees.

This site sort of is based on a micro version of that idea, and I find it to be an interesting strategy.  I joined a few of the "swaps" here:

We should create a Hub and Spoke Channel, this way there is some redundancy in the event a node with in the WO web is unreachable.

I was thinking 4 channels to other WO LN members and 3 channels external... this will give you at the magical 7 degrees of separation.

On another note, I am waiting on 3 new 1TB SSD drives and a dedicated UPS. Will be running them in RAID 1 with one spare, not much progress for now. box setup will be i5 (8th Gen) and 16GB RAM

cAPSLOCK, did you have your bitcoind running on the same box as lnd or they are separate?

I am planning on running this on Linux not Windows. I haven't had a full time linux box in the house since Slackware 13.37.... hmm just notice Slackware last major release was 2016...

Real servers run real UNIX (or Linux).
I would reconsider the SSD and use spinning discs. SSD's are shitty when it comes to data recovery and "disk crashes". i would also change the drive firmware to less frequent head parking values, to minimize wear on the drives. Lately, espicially since introduction of "green drives", manufacturers try to save power by parking heads in much shorter intervals.

jBreher would know a lot more about that, iirc.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 10:49:38 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2021, 11:30:45 PM by Biodom

OK what education do I need. You are nitpicking a period of time and saying that altcoins are the better investment? What altcoins are you talking about I will take a look at them and I will provide charts that show from its creation it has performed worse than Bitcoin and only recently in your nitpicked period it has performed better. 9 months is a very short time to compare and I can bet that the altcoin you are talking about will be hitting resistance very soon like Bitcoin has in its lifetime while it climbs higher which then Bitcoin will 100% out perform it. If you compare BTC to ETH and times that it has hit resistance then you will see that during times of hitting resistance BTC out performs ETH when it hits resistance. Comparing a altcoin which is not hitting resistance to btc who is is not a good comparison. If you could give me the altcoin we can start looking at charts and breaking down the information. You might be right and I need more education but without knowing the altcoin you are talking about I cannot accurately argument my side. If you give me a shitcoin that is pumping because of hype but will shortly die I probably will not go into the effort of breaking down the chart because by the time I broke the chart down it would have already crashed.

I cannot give you this information because you have too many pre-conceived opinions: "will shortly die", "pumping because of hype", "during the time of hitting resistance", which is all IRRELEVANT. I found at least two coins (in $10bil-$50bil range) that did 100X or more in the last 9-10mo. I found one that did 100X since April (between $2-5 bil).

"Soon dies" is irrelevant as you can sell it right now (or in May for one of them to be 150X) and consummate those returns.
BTW, long term, I mostly agree, they will mostly die out vs bitcoin (that's why Willie Woo calls them oscillators), but 9 mo is long enough time to make profits, which could have been substantial.

I blame @jjg influence for those of you who did not at least dabble. He/she acted as a profit suppressor in 2021...surely cost you a bunch with all that harping at mere hints of alternatives (the funny thing is who knows what he/she was actually DOING all this time).  Grin
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 11:00:21 PM

I would reconsider the SSD and use spinning discs. SSD's are shitty when it comes to data recovery and "disk crashes". i would also change the drive firmware to less frequent head parking values, to minimize wear on the drives. Lately, espicially since introduction of "green drives", manufacturers try to save power by parking heads in much shorter intervals.

three SSDs in raid 1 with a hot spare.. seems pretty solid setup to me but im no expert.

as far as data recovery with lightning wouldnt that be useless anyway? as by the time you could recover the lightning data the channel would be closed on the other end anyway. wouldnt it? not too familiar with lightning.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 4104

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 11:01:08 PM

Kate (2021)

Solid entertainment. Watched on Netflix.

I've got to visit Japan someday. Could even relocate there if I had 10x the coins I have...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 11:01:25 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 11:04:22 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Well my first node was built in a docker container that I made from scratch and run on a rented VPS.  But it was somewhat pricey to keep going, and his was my first project with docker, and it was a nightmare to maintain and update.  I ended up trapped it it because each time I thought about shutting it down fees were high.  Anyway I finally shut the thing down.  It was all running in a single container. Bitcoin Core and LND.  I also cobbled Ride the Lightning into it.

My other node, which I have continued to run is running ion a rPi4.  And it's running the latest Raspiblitz.  That is also running both Bitcoind and LND on the one device.  But it is much easier to maintain, and comes with pretty much all the bells and whistles.  I can reccomend it, for sure. That said, it is not as robust, and I have a good bit of value (but the other one was an order of magnitude bigger) so I have set up some backup strategies including channel backups to google drive as well as backups to a USB key.

One really clever way this node works (and I presume the others like it) is it runs the system from the SD, but keeps all the dynamic data on the USB drive.  I recently finally updated the side from ~500G to a 1T drive.  But the way the system works that is really easy to pull off...  I just booted up a live distro, and used GParted to duplicate the partition to the bigger drive... plugged it in, and it booted right up.  I think it would not be too hard to modify this distro to use a mirrored array, but of course those drives would need to be powered.

But I tentatively feel like the backup strategies for the raspiblitz are pretty effective.  If you keep your seed, and employ channel backups I think you are in decent shape.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 4104

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 11:06:55 PM

Someone put up that roller coaster corn meme. Fits the situation nicely...
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 11:08:09 PM

Someone put up that roller coaster corn meme. Fits the situation nicely...

You rang?

This is so strange though... look at the volume on the red candle, and then the volume on the green ones?

hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1682

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 11:33:06 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2021, 11:59:21 PM by hisslyness
Merited by vapourminer (1)

three SSDs in raid 1 with a hot spare.. seems pretty solid setup to me but im no expert.

as far as data recovery with lightning wouldnt that be useless anyway? as by the time you could recover the lightning data the channel would be closed on the other end anyway. wouldnt it? not too familiar with lightning.

From my understanding, they don't recommend backing up and restoring the channel.db as this can be outdated and causing you to close/broadcast an older state and in turn loose all your funds in that channel. (You should be backing up seed phrases and SCB)

I wanted my box to have as much fault tolerance as possible. I want to avoid having to restore from a backup.

I did consider spinning hard drives, but wanted to make this as fast as possible. 100% aware of the unreliable nature of SSD drives. I am currently replacing about 1 drive every week now...
Pages: « 1 ... 29297 29298 29299 29300 29301 29302 29303 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 29314 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 [29347] 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 29354 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 ... 33267 »
  Print  

Jump to: