April 19, 2024, 08:56:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 29314 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 29347 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 [29354] 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 ... 33278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364100 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2964

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:44:25 PM

Dear diary,

today two coiners revealed themselves among my friends/ex co-workers. The friend was my former boss, the co-worker his secretary.
The boss proudly told me, he's in "crypto" now, a fantastic thing. He was showing me his trading app and portfolio (what a noob, held only shitcoins), and said his secretary is his crypto-consultant. The secretaries base currency was ETH, he is into Defi as well. I wondered why the fuck he didn't invest in NFT already, but trying to sell a shitcoin that goes to zero is about as non fungible as a JPG of a rock, i heard myself thinking.
I said: Bitcoin? They said: Nah, man. No big gains here anymore. We sell a coin when it's over 150% profit and look for the next (shitcoin) to invest in.
So i asked about the taxes, and they said: Nobody cares. I wish they would know what they think "centralized" and KYC in terms of exchanges really means, but they seemed so obsessed about their "crypto gains", i didn't want to interfere in that moment.

The portfolio of the boss was down about 50% from its recent top. I didn't see or hear anything detailed about the secretary's portfolio, neither do i know how long he already was in "crypto" before.

So it's this time of the year again. I'm beginning to doubt my beliefs about S-curve adoption and should start thinking about liquidation target prices for a part of my stash. The next bear market is coming, and a big retail FOMO move to this cycle's top should lead it. It felt like 2017 all over again, but this time i will take some dollars to buy the 2023 bottom again.

-------

True story. Omitted many details in favor of OpSec.

So, it's not different this time... such a pity... anyways we can always try to sell at the top and buy back during the 2022-2023 bottom which is also a good thing. Just a reminder: don't sell all (or substantial part of your stash) and/or become a nocoiner/lowcoiner. In other words: don't mindrust it!   Cool

No worries. I would NEVER mindrust it. Because i blamed him for that move and made fun of it, i would also lose my self-respect. I would never want that to happen

BUT...

MOST IMPORTANT:

About the half of what i consider "mine" of the stash, will belong to my children. A portion about a quarter of "my slice" is destined for my wife, plus she also holds a smaller part of the total of the stash. Since i'd not sell more than 50% of my slice, mindrusting it is close to impossible, because i will only touch a small part (#nohomo). The rest is buy-and-hodl, excepting possible financial emergencies.

BTW, what's the definition of a lowcoiner?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:51:08 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I meet a lot more people somewhat into crypto these days..
I tell them I have seen thousands of alts come and go, and that I believe only Bitcoin is forever.. And I truly believe that Bitcoin is forever..

And still most of them are into coins without real value, am i right?  Grin

Well.. Most have been into doge and ETH.. So it could be much worse..

They usually agree that Bitcoin is the goal, but think they can make more profit somewhere else, which may be true to a certain extent..

We are only expecting Bitcoin to what? 4X from here this cycle?
Most want crypto to get rich quick..

Doge did bang, but they didn’t sell..
I know it was/still is overpriced, but they don’t understand like I do..
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:54:01 PM
Merited by Richy_T (1), OutOfMemory (1)

I've got brand new shoes
Wearing them to break them in
Can not feel my feet

Nice one, but please don't put socks with this kind of moccasins  Wink

Only a barbarian would wear loafers without socks, or with white socks.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:58:24 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), dragonvslinux (1)

-snip-

-------

So, it's not different this time... such a pity... anyways we can always try to sell at the top and buy back during the 2022-2023 bottom which is also a good thing. Just a reminder: don't sell all (or substantial part of your stash) and/or become a nocoiner/lowcoiner. In other words: don't mindrust it!   Cool

To pull a canonical mindrust you need to sell the bottom. Selling near the top doesn't really count.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:58:31 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Oh aren't you Mr. diplomat.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think you need to go on a vacation JJG and just enjoy life for awhile, your getting too stressed over meaningless shit.

I did not see any stress in there...

And, I did not consider the points to be meaningless.

We had an ongoing bigblocker troll/shill who was proclaimed as not being a shill..

Remember stolfi?  Many peeps appreciated him, too... but does not mean that everyone should have appreciated the various points that he raised, even though he was smart and articulated his disingenuousness quite well.

If you had not noticed, there are a lot of peeps who claim to support bitcoin but are just happening to have "objective" criticisms of it, and you can choose to praise those folks or not.. and I am not saying anything bad about jbreher as a person.. I am talking about a large number of his arguments and his posts in this thread.

I don't take crap I read on the webs serious enough to lose a grip and If I ever do I'll go on a walkabout.

No problem.

Each of us have our varying activities separate from observing walls.. and you can conclude what you like in terms of a belief that I am taking some matter or another matter related to this thread or otherwise, too seriously.. that's your choice and perception.. whether correct or not (or whether I agree or not).

Dear diary,

today two coiners revealed themselves among my friends/ex co-workers. The friend was my former boss, the co-worker his secretary.
The boss proudly told me, he's in "crypto" now, a fantastic thing. He was showing me his trading app and portfolio (what a noob, held only shitcoins), and said his secretary is his crypto-consultant. The secretaries base currency was ETH, he is into Defi as well. I wondered why the fuck he didn't invest in NFT already, but trying to sell a shitcoin that goes to zero is about as non fungible as a JPG of a rock, i heard myself thinking.
I said: Bitcoin? They said: Nah, man. No big gains here anymore. We sell a coin when it's over 150% profit and look for the next (shitcoin) to invest in.
So i asked about the taxes, and they said: Nobody cares. I wish they would know what they think "centralized" and KYC in terms of exchanges really means, but they seemed so obsessed about their "crypto gains", i didn't want to interfere in that moment.

The portfolio of the boss was down about 50% from its recent top. I didn't see or hear anything detailed about the secretary's portfolio, neither do i know how long he already was in "crypto" before.

So it's this time of the year again. I'm beginning to doubt my beliefs about S-curve adoption and should start thinking about liquidation target prices for a part of my stash. The next bear market is coming, and a big retail FOMO move to this cycle's top should lead it. It felt like 2017 all over again, but this time i will take some dollars to buy the 2023 bottom again.

-------

You are asserting that the top for this bitcoin cycle is already in?

You think that the overhype of the shitcoin market is actually going to control how much more bitcoin might be able to go up in this particular cycle?

Your assertion of the supposed s-curve adoption being negated seems to be myopic in some sense, especially since you (just like me and other regulars in this thread) are in the midst of such s-curve adoption and sure it might seem like it is happening slowly (or does not exist) while we are in the midst of it, but surely seems like hell of an UPpity curve if you zoom out a bit (including that the hockey stick portion likely still exists rather than either a flattening out or some kind of end of the hype cycle).

Of course, your proclamation to buy at the end of 2023 again does show that you have not given up overall, but you are coming off as a wee bit lacking in conviction regarding more UPpity for this particular cycle..  and yeah, do what you want.., it's not the first time that I had seen such negativism coming out of your keyboard (lack of confidence in ongoing UPwards BTC price pressures)  that later proved to be wwwwwwrrrrrroooooonnnnnnggggg.

[edited out]

So, it's not different this time... such a pity... anyways we can always try to sell at the top and buy back during the 2022-2023 bottom which is also a good thing. Just a reminder: don't sell all (or substantial part of your stash) and/or become a nocoiner/lowcoiner. In other words: don't mindrust it!   Cool

Huh serveria?

Mindrust's situation was not selling too much too soon in terms  "on the way up" but instead selling during a pretty decently sized crash and having relatively high conviction that the crash was going lower.. so in that regard, he ended up both selling without really any profits (but not really at a loss) but thinking that he was preserving his loss and was going to be able to buy back lower.. to the extent BTC was not going to zero along the way... hahahahaha (which of course, it did not).

Sure, serveria, there are quite a few peeps who sell on the way up, and they skim off decent amounts of profit, but those are different kinds of people.. and yeah, a decent number of them sell too much too soon with an expectation that the BTC price is going to correct at some point and they can buy back and still have decent amounts of dollar profits.. and surely a lot of those kinds of people become so convicted in the idea of a local top is either near or approaching soon blah blah blah.. that they end up playing with 100% or damned near 100% of their BTC holdings.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 08:59:05 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2021, 09:24:29 PM by Arriemoller

I've got brand new shoes
Can not feel my feet

Get a shoe stretcher and save yourself the pain.

https://www.amazon.com/Shoe-Stretcher-Expander-Widener-shaper/dp/B07XK17S65/

Not a bad idea, I'll order one. Thanks.

There used to be a leather softener. Let me look for link.  Combine it with the stretcher.  Of course test to see how it affects shoe color.

https://www.amazon.com/FootMatters-Professional-Boot-Stretch-Spray/dp/B00NLM8EL6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

put a little on a q-tip and apply it to the tongue of the shoe as the pants hem would cover that spot.

I would spray my boots and my wife's boots and use the stretcher it would take under 10 days to be good.

Well worth the money as foot blisters suck.

Thanks for the link, will look in to that.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:01:34 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2964

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:01:58 PM

-snip-

-------

So, it's not different this time... such a pity... anyways we can always try to sell at the top and buy back during the 2022-2023 bottom which is also a good thing. Just a reminder: don't sell all (or substantial part of your stash) and/or become a nocoiner/lowcoiner. In other words: don't mindrust it!   Cool

To pull a canonical mindrust you need to sell the bottom. Selling near the top doesn't really count.

You're absolutely right. I am fucking tired, tbh.
#hodlsleep
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:07:32 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

I'd think if a mirror breaks down, all you have to do is place a fresh disk where the failing one was? That's the whole point of mirroring, or am I missing something?

I think software mirroring (by RAID or other system) is better, since the details can be reproduced easily on different processing hardware.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

If a mirror breaks down, do computer nerds get seven years of bad luck?
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:10:38 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I'd think if a mirror breaks down, all you have to do is place a fresh disk where the failing one was? That's the whole point of mirroring, or am I missing something?

I think software mirroring (by RAID or other system) is better, since the details can be reproduced easily on different processing hardware.

If you believe in things that you don't understand
Then you SUFFER!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:13:36 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

BTW, what's the definition of a lowcoiner?

Of course what is considered a lowcoiner is going to vary.

If someone is brand new to bitcoin, they get some leeway in terms of establishing their accumulation plan and getting to their target stash.. and surely if they have a target stash of less than 1% initial investment, then I would consider them as a low coiner.

Someone who has been in bitcoin for a while may well need to measure in terms of his/her whole track record regarding how long in and setting goals for him/herself.  Probably if you have been in BTC for a long time (such as 3-4 years or longer), you are selling your BTC frequently and inadequately prepared for UP, then you are likely a low coiner based on your own practices of likely selling too much too frequently.

Another kind of low coiner would be someone who did a lump sum investment into bitcoin a long time ago (perhaps 4 years or longer), but fails and refuses to continue to buy BTC so s/he may well be waiting for $10 million per coin, for example, but surely that person would have still have had plenty of opportunities to continue to buy BTC along the way, but do not buy BTC because s/he are either too distracted by shitcoins, or some other non bitcoin ideas or too much lacking in bitcoin convictions.

In the end, the definition of exactly what is a low coiner would be a wwwweeeee bit difficult to pindown exactly because there would be some situational dependencies that contribute to getting to that kind of conclusion regarding whether a person had either inadequately stacked or inadequately maintained a sufficient and adequate BTC stash.. but surely such lowcoiner would likely have some kind of shared trait that indicates quite inadequate and insufficient preparations for UPpity.

There should be consideration of both upside and downside BTC price potentialities, and sure part of the nature of an asymmetric bet is that the BTC investor does not necessarily need to use leverage in order to have potential to profit stupendously.  In that regard, the BTC investor might put a small amount into BTC, and then could lose 100% of his/her investment, but s/he also could get 10x, 100x or 1,000x profits from such investment.. Sure in the short-term and even this particular price cycle, we might have some difficulties projecting another 10x out of this particular cycle (which surely could be ending within months or could drag out as long as another year.. perhaps a stretch to drag out another year.. but many price action things seem to be reasonably within possible outcomes).. ..   On the other hand, one or two more cycles from here (after this cycle) could end up getting those possible profits of up to 100x to 1,000x increases in BTC price from here.  Perhaps? perhaps?
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 09:23:05 PM

-snip-

-------

I guess you're right. Should use terms like cashing out or liquidating instead... mindrusting is more specific...  Roll Eyes
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:26:19 PM

If you believe in things that you don't understand
Then you SUFFER!

What now?
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 09:32:26 PM

Dear diary,

-------

You are asserting that the top for this bitcoin cycle is already in?

I guess what he was trying to say is that there is going to be a down move after the new highs. There was an assumption by some WOers that there won't be another cycle with an exponential top followed by a bear market in the years to come but rather a slow and steady continuous growth instead.

[edited out]

Huh serveria?

Mindrust's situation was not selling too much too soon in terms  "on the way up" but instead selling during a pretty decently sized crash and having relatively high conviction that the crash was going lower.. so in that regard, he ended up both selling without really any profits (but not really at a loss) but thinking that he was preserving his loss and was going to be able to buy back lower.. to the extent BTC was not going to zero along the way... hahahahaha (which of course, it did not).

I know, I know, I had to admit this terminology blunder above already  Grin  World peace, man!  Cool
nanobtc

Activity: 600
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 09:33:28 PM
Merited by vapourminer (10), Dabs (1), Arriemoller (1), dragonvslinux (1), OutOfMemory (1)

No, you get seven years of bad sectors.......
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2112

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:36:16 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

which may be true to a certain extent..

High reward but high risk. Bitcoin might not give big multiples any more but it's not likely to disappear in a cloud of smoke either. People doing alts for high gainz might as well go into a casino and pick a number on the roulette wheel. At least you get some free drinks. As typical with gambling, people will boast their wins and keep their losses quiet and the next noob along thinks like it sounds like a perfectly fine place to deposit their rapidly depreciating filthy fiat.
nanobtc

Activity: 600
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 09:38:25 PM

Or without a penny in the little slot. Though I suppose it would be acceptable in this area to use a Casascius coin instead...
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 09:38:32 PM

I've got brand new shoes
Can not feel my feet

Haha you've got a point there... but it also depends on a country... your socks are more suitable for Sweden, while galianoo (he's from Italy isn't he?) like most southerners would wear these with no socks...  Cool  Here's a nice article on with/sans socks: https://www.ties.com/blog/how-to-wear-loafers
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2021, 09:45:10 PM

I've got brand new shoes
Can not feel my feet

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 09:48:41 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), goldkingcoiner (1)

As was noted previously Jbear is a expert on the subject, I miss him.

Speaking of missing past regular posters in the Wob...
Where are they now?
My unofficial partial list of wo bro legends who have gone bye bye (for at least a few months anyway, to my knowledge)...

JBreher...  eloquent and JJG didn't like him. And that's an understatement. Me? I just loved that bear at the picnic table waiting for a treat.
Gentlemand... my favorite wo bro, and I really miss his hilarious comments.
Hairy Mclairy ... I think he just got tired of this place.
V8....  Kept me abreast of the latest and greatest memes.
Ibian....  Maybe he had a boating accident, but whatever, I don't miss him, though I will confess to reading all his posts.  Occasionally I'd flame him, because why not?
Roach....Fuck him. The thread moved up a notch in respectability when that asshole left. Good riddance

One of the weird things about being a regular here and participating in this never ending thread anonymously over the years
is that one is never sure what happens to regular posters when they suddenly go AWOL.
Occasionally one finds out that someone passed on the forum, but to my knowledge I haven't heard of any past wo bro regulars
actually going to the great bitcoin playground in the sky. (maybe others have, idk, I'm not in that loop)
I certainly hope that they rather they just got tired of the silliness and had better things to do irl after becoming rich.
Something that hasn't happened with me yet.... (I never tire of the silliness, I create it....)

GO BITCOIN

Pages: « 1 ... 29304 29305 29306 29307 29308 29309 29310 29311 29312 29313 29314 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 29347 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 [29354] 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 ... 33278 »
  Print  

Jump to: