March 19, 2024, 10:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 29347 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 29354 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 [29365] 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 ... 33173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330626 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1741

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 04:01:31 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 04:14:38 AM

Oh?  It's the same guy.

Wink

ya think?

Nah, this takes out Tether and finishes the collapse of bitcoin. Bitcoin below $10k within 1 year. Completely evaporates for all practical purposes within 2 years. This was the confirmed Chinese news we've all known was eventually coming.

dude... I often wonder wtf is your purpose here?
The joke has long worn off.
I know, as everyone else does who frequents this thread, that you are packing a shitload of bitcoin, so what gives?

Can't a guy just offer confirmed analysis around here? Sheesh
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 05:01:25 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 05:13:48 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2021, 06:32:15 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

[edited out]

I see your point. Let's move away from the pyramid thing, because it's an explanation only nocoiners tend to use, anyway.
THB, when i originally wrote it, i had that feeling it might go wrong a little (way less worse than expected, though).

I guess I was too nice to you, if you are feeling that you got through that whole pyramid thingie-ma-jiggie relatively unscathed.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There's a big problem with education. Most people don't want to get educated, because it makes them feel dumb.
... let that sink in first.

Only 10 more seconds...

I agree.. so there surely can be some dancing around any themes in terms of allowing for people to come around to whatever topic at their own pace.... and perhaps with a little prodding that may or may not work...especially if they may well not be ready to be prodded.

It makes them feel dumb because they think they already know enough about (Bitcoin. Mainly because someone, or the MSM channels they trust).
So they unconsciously think if someone educates them about something they already (believe) to know, the one educating them is looking down on them.
This is because most humans are still more like apes. Give em a pussy/dick and a banana, they're happy. Take their pussy/dick away (or their banana), they get angry.

Fair enough.

It's only that we all learned to communicate and imagine on a high level, which in turn built so much brain mass, that almost nobody is able to use it in a sane way.
The imagination factor, in contrast to chimpanzees, makes them even angry when they imagine someone takes their banana (or pussy... you know the deal).
This way, "normal" peeps are easy to manipulate. Just tell them they gonna lose their wealth when investing it into a new digital money they can't touch and spend at Walmart, and those who had it first will sell it later for them to lose. It's sufficient to put off 99% of peeps investing into Bitcoin. Repeat it often enough and they will also spread the word, effectively becoming educators themselves.

I am having trouble with too dumbed down of an assessment of the masses.  I do agree with pareto distributions, while at the same time I do appreciate that some principles, such as gresham's law will come out and they do not need to understand it in order to follow it.. which is one of the great subconscious apsects of bitcoin.. so in that regard, who gives any shits about whether the masses understand bitcoin or not.. we have no major duty to educate them.. they will come around when they come around.. in accordance with gresham's law type dynamics and surely there will be a lot of them buying their first bitcoin at $1million or higher (or course when I refer to bitcoin in this context, I am referring to satoshis) when they could have bought sub $50k and other points cheaper than $1million.

So imagine AlcoHODL walks up tp these people, tells them about Bitcoin, they laugh about him, thinking to be more educated than he is about BTC.
There is very little chance to make them understand even the core principles of BTC, because every explanation will trigger a millisecond response from their mind. Like "i know already, BTC is a scam, we all know. Only AlcoHODL puts in all his money, which he is gonna lose for sure. What a moron. And then he's trying to convince us... LOL" - They are not even aware of those internal responses of their mind, because they are just impulsive feelings, summaries of a contextual "knowledge" they have built over time.

I don't disagree with you on this point, but it is not going to stop some of them from actually coming around to buy bitcoin at prices less than $1 million, and of course, there is going to be variation.. some will get in under $100k, and others, under $500k and others might not even get in until in the $5million arena.. but whatever.. that's o.k.  people have their rate in which they come in, and some people intuit Gresham's principles better than others.., bitcoin gives no shits about when they get in exactly.. or even if they choose not to get in forever.. even though no one can use a dial up anymore...and at some point, if they want to buy a carton of milk or a some hamburger meat without having to walk 1/2 mile, they are going to have to get their lil selfie some kind of bitcoin wallet (perhaps a lightning wallet or whatever might be the then craze at the time that they finally do get their lil butts into this world changing most valuable and sound money).

I was a hardcore leftie when i was young, so i learned not to trust banks pretty soon, to question WHY somebody is super successful or rich. For me, Bitcoin was a revolution in itself, as soon as i educated myself about it. Nobody walked up to me and said: "have you heard of that new internet money?".

Some of us have been lucky in our circumstances in terms of that both bitcoin resonated with us and we were comfortable enough to act enough upon whatever did resonate in order to begin to build some kind of bitcoin investment plan.  There is some luck in there too.. but sure, bitcoin does seem to resonate withsome of us more than others and maybe some of us end up being in a better place to put $10 per week away, or whatever our initial amounts were and then to learn along the way and perhaps increase our investment amount and to learn along the way... including but not limited to learning NOT to sell too much too soon.

To sum it up: I'd try to convince a nocoiner about the sanity of Bitcoin one time. If he/she doesn't get it, or is already "clever enough", just like the two selfmade shitcoin traders in my lil story from two days ago, i'll let it go. If i really like or care about somebody, i'd try again after a while. Then i just leave them up to themselves, in regards of Bitcoin.

Of course, you can draw your interaction line wherever you like, and probably each of us will draw the line a wee bit differently - and maybe we are not even consistent.  You know what they say about consistency, right?

I get the sense that many of us who are pretty damned involved in bitcoin are never really going to escape having a variety of interactions with nocoiners, and of course, there is going to be some gradience.. and sometimes I have decided to completely write off some of my no coiner friends/relatives, but the topic can be quite difficult to avoid - even when some of us might try avoiding it.. but if they start to bring it up more and more, then sometimes the elephant in the room may well need to be addressed.

There could be times in which I might decide to proclaim that I just will not talk with x, y or z person about bitcoin and even prescribe parameters that would need to be filled before I would reverse myself on such decision.. and even if I get frustrated with the bitcoin topic in regards to talking with some no coiners, I also do tend to have quite a bit of sympathy so long as I speculate that they seem to really be grappling with the topic rather than just spouting out nonsensical talking points.. There just seems to be no exact line for me.. even if I know that sometimes, I have just cut people off when the conversation got too frustrating for me, and I have even said that I do not mind talking with them about the topic, but we might have to come back to the topic later (maybe my even suggesting that they need to do a bit more homework.. or we need a break, for now).

~sjipped~.

Of course, I am not against squiggly lines and TA, so long as they are considered in a proper context.... including considering that the mere placement of squigglies on a chart can sometimes communicate (intentionally or not) subliminal messages that may well assign higher expectations than such line might have intended to communicate by the author... and sure sometimes even the author of the squiggly line(s) will sometimes assign more value than deserves to various squiggly lines once drawn.
😆😅 Oh dear! This is squigglier than the lines, howbeit.

You seem to be either fighting too much in a place in which no fight should be necessary or you are defensive about something in which you need not be defensive.  I made my point and you seemed to want to continue to go down the path of failing and/refusing to recognize my point.. even though I outlined my point for you in what appears to be a pretty clearly and in a non-squiggly way.

I wonder if you are wanting to insist that your squiggly lines have some kind of deeper meaning than what you had already pointed out and that you had a few opportunities to explain further but so far have not really explained much beyond just implying that there is something behind them. In other words, you seem to have have failed/refused to explain them more when given an opportunity, after my very first response asked about them.. and you merely suggested (without explanation) that you have some kind of higher knowledge about the supposed meaning of squiggly lines and therefore you would explain your squiggly lines if I were to treat your lines more seriously.. because they happen to be based on deep meaningful concepts like BBs and MAs and perhaps other very supposedly important things like that?

If you have something about those lines, spit it out Mpamaegbu.. Spit it out.     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 06:01:34 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 06:17:15 AM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (2)

Maybe out of 30 people, one would buy a small amount of BTC, two would buy shitcoins because "Bitcoin is too expensive" and the rest would just dismiss it.

There seems to be a category missing here, AlcoHoDL.. or at least you may be subsuming the category into the "just dismiss it" category.

It seems to me that within the "just dismiss it" category there are several sub-divisions of people who think that it sounds interesting but they do not have time to look into it at this time.  That's where your planting the seed may have come in handy... and yeah, maybe after 6-10 more times hearing some positive reviews, they start to consider that maybe they should do a wee bit more than just "considering it an interesting concept/phenomenon in society."  At some point, some of these people decide to act.. maybe to buy a bit on robinhood or paypal or square... and yes.. they might later decide to do more.. but the seed planting is not likely for naught, even if it may take one or two more cycles before they start to consider that "so many folks are getting into bitcoin," maybe they should get into bitcoin too.. perhaps? perhaps? 

Right now, what do we have?  A few percentage of people getting into bitcoin?  Not too common, but becoming interestingly more common. and holy shit about poor Michael Saylor and his company holding such large bags of 114k BTC.. Saylor and Microstrategies is surely going to get screwed, right?  should be difficult to ignore, but surely some people are going to start to take notice, even if some of the institutions and rich folks are taking action to hoard decent amounts of the supply first (front running theory for guys like Saylor and his company.. is it going to work?).

Well, if you think about it, Bitcoin has shaken the foundations of a monetary system that all of us grew in and were brainwashed to trust and accept as the only way to handle monetary wealth. It's so deeply embedded in our brains that it's almost like a natural reaction, a millisecond response as OOM puts it.

I am not disputing any of this - even while we do see that some of the 20% of the pareto distribution are seeming to "get it" more rapidly than some of the other folks...   Not easy to get out of the 80% types of actions and thinking, but it is not impossible.

"Bitcoin? Be your own bank? That can't be right! Surely it's a scam! Seed words? Is this some kind of word guessing game? What? Put my next month's paycheck in Bitcoin? Are you insane? And get what? QR codes?" That's more or less what I get.

Being your own bank and early adoption is surely not easy.. It has not been easy, so far.

Or used to get. Because lately there is noticeably more interest in Bitcoin, and those who laughed and joked in 2015 are now asking seriously.

Exactly.. slow gravitation.. the 20% are starting to get it more and more.. but surely there is still a long way to go to even get the 20% with bitcoin. .but there is going to be a group who get bitcoin first and are likely going to be part of the beneficiaries of the redistribution of wealth.

My response now is "Google it". Not to punish them or anything, but because I just don't have the time and energy for this kind of thing anymore. After all, maybe that's the way it should be.

Some people will still have time for them, and if not bitcoin does not give any shits if they get in or not.

Darwin, nature and all. Some will get it, some won't. That's life. I feel I did my part in spreading the word when I could, and I still do if I see really genuine interest.

You, me and OOM seems to be saying very similar things here.. just using different words.

I don't know... Being a Bitcoiner has been the best thing that's ever happened to me, certainly financially, but also psychologically. It's a weirdly satisfying, pleasantly powerful feeling that has got to be felt to be appreciated, as I'm sure many WOers would confirm. And I can't even begin to imagine how it will feel 5-6 4-8 years from now (a HoDLer can only count years in multiples of 4...)

Not going to get any arguments from me regarding those well-put points.   Wink

Oh?  It's the same guy.

Wink

ya think?

yes, ... I do think... dah.......what you think I am?                                        Brainless?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 07:01:25 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 08:01:25 AM

Explanation
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 16270

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2021, 08:52:03 AM

Don't know if anyone has been keeping an eye on China of late. But it seems like they may be in the beginnings of a financial crisis. The CCP is still ramping up the crazy tyrannical government thing, and they seem to be playing hard ball with the capitalist side of things and want to reverse the strangle hold that the corporations, particularly finance, have over the country. Of course the funny thing about that is that the CCP created this monster in the first place.

Anyway, I've switched my forced legacy market holdings to 75% bonds, will keep it that way for 2 months, or till a 20% decline in the markets. Even if the CCP doesn't back down and throw the money printers at it, we all know the FED will if this thing spreads, so I wouldn't want to hold out for more than a 20% decline.
What worries me most is that the money printers haven't even been turned off yet. Europe never stopped printing either, so if the next economic crisis happens, they're all out of options.

Not one mention of the primary cause of future fiat currency inflation: Quantitative Easing (aka printing money out of fresh air). And we're all holding the best hedge against it: BTC.
It's kinda funny: just recently even the IMF warned against crypto, just because they don't dare warn against fiat. The more governments fear Bitcoin, the more certain I am we're on to something here Smiley
Could this be the reason China recently got rid of Bitcoin miners? Ban alternatives, support your own fiat?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 09:01:33 AM

Explanation
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1163

Never selling

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 09:28:14 AM

Don't know if anyone has been keeping an eye on China of late. But it seems like they may be in the beginnings of a financial crisis. The CCP is still ramping up the crazy tyrannical government thing, and they seem to be playing hard ball with the capitalist side of things and want to reverse the strangle hold that the corporations, particularly finance, have over the country. Of course the funny thing about that is that the CCP created this monster in the first place.

Anyway, I've switched my forced legacy market holdings to 75% bonds, will keep it that way for 2 months, or till a 20% decline in the markets. Even if the CCP doesn't back down and throw the money printers at it, we all know the FED will if this thing spreads, so I wouldn't want to hold out for more than a 20% decline.
What worries me most is that the money printers haven't even been turned off yet. Europe never stopped printing either, so if the next economic crisis happens, they're all out of options.

I wouldn't say all out of options, they just have to double their efforts. The great thing about money is that it is numbers, which means they can dial up to infinity if the need too. That is of course until they have been overthrown, that's when they are out of options.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1540

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 09:45:40 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), Hueristic (1)

Slightly off-topic, but if you are using an Azure VPS, you'd better check this:

https://www.wiz.io/blog/secret-agent-exposes-azure-customers-to-unauthorized-code-execution

TL;DR: Just send NO authentication headers and you are root on virtual Linux machines with OMI installed (they kindly install it for you in many to most cases).

In the 90's we often joked that the first Microsoft product that won't suck will be a vacuum cleaner... (obviously this one just doesn't get old).
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 10:01:26 AM

Explanation
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1301
Merit: 1676

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 10:13:39 AM
Merited by Richy_T (1), dragonvslinux (1), psycodad (1)

Slightly off-topic, but if you are using an Azure VPS, you'd better check this:

https://www.wiz.io/blog/secret-agent-exposes-azure-customers-to-unauthorized-code-execution

TL;DR: Just send NO authentication headers and you are root on virtual Linux machines with OMI installed (they kindly install it for you in many to most cases).

In the 90's we often joked that the first Microsoft product that won't suck will be a vacuum cleaner... (obviously this one just doesn't get old).

In this context the latest tweet from Satya Nadella is pretty funny:

The future of security is passwordless. Beginning today, we’re making this vision a reality for consumers with a Microsoft account.

https://twitter.com/satyanadella/status/1438143437732147204
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1540

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 10:58:24 AM

In this context the latest tweet from Satya Nadella is pretty funny:

The future of security is passwordless. Beginning today, we’re making this vision a reality for consumers with a Microsoft account.

Good Wonderful find, that is really hilarious timing. Literally have coffee on my screen now  Cheesy

Oh the irony..
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 11:01:26 AM

Explanation
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 11:31:03 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

Stumbled on an interesting article: https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/nation-states-vs-network-states-vs-crypto-claves?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29

A few sound bytes:

"It was that no amount of trying to force a linear extrapolation of the outgoing systems were going to work because the advent of decentralized cryptography and non-state money had already changed the architecture of power and the incentive structures around wealth preservation."

"established policy makers are operating on the premise of a linear extension from their previous experience. Central Bank Digital Currencies are the purest expression of this assumption. Take central bank issued fiat currency, digitize it, add the ability to overlay ideological policy imperatives onto money (like social credit), and then everything just continues on as before.

But the underlying architecture of the global power structure is phase shifting into something else entirely and the reason why is because decentralized, non-state, cryptographically secured money is already here. The smart money realizes that this is a superior form of money to preserve wealth and autonomy. Everything else is secondary."
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 11:35:10 AM

Microsoft Authenticator app, Windows Hello, a security key, or an SMS / email verification code instead of a password

Pro tip: Never ever ever ever ever ever use SMS authentication. Why in the world do they offer that as an option???
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 12:01:35 PM

Explanation
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 12:25:25 PM

Microsoft Authenticator app, Windows Hello, a security key, or an SMS / email verification code instead of a password

Pro tip: Never ever ever ever ever ever use SMS authentication. Why in the world do they offer that as an option???

They can't get google auth to work properly or something. Or there are certain apps like Authy that require all sorts of voodoo to work and I prefer to just get the secret code and not require this particular app. Why can't they just show the secret at the time you activate it?

I mean, some legacy trading platforms and banks use SMS, and I don't mind, because they're ancient.
Pages: « 1 ... 29315 29316 29317 29318 29319 29320 29321 29322 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 29347 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 29354 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 [29365] 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 ... 33173 »
  Print  

Jump to: