April 24, 2024, 07:48:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29576 29577 29578 29579 29580 29581 29582 29583 29584 29585 29586 29587 29588 29589 29590 29591 29592 29593 29594 29595 29596 29597 29598 29599 29600 29601 29602 29603 29604 29605 29606 29607 29608 29609 29610 29611 29612 29613 29614 29615 29616 29617 29618 29619 29620 29621 29622 29623 29624 29625 [29626] 29627 29628 29629 29630 29631 29632 29633 29634 29635 29636 29637 29638 29639 29640 29641 29642 29643 29644 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 ... 33297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367081 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 704

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 02:42:55 AM
Merited by Torque (1)

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMemeHub/status/1454492975644426246/photo/1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 02:48:17 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

What will today bring
Wishing for a Sunday pump
And a sunny sky
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:01:32 AM

Explanation
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4449

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:06:00 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), serveria.com (1)

I understand that people want to get all SJW with the term "retarded," and I personally see nothing at all wrong with the word in terms of throwing out a general insult at a person without even needing to get into literal particularities of whether it is accurate or fair or not.

I hear you. Some people get all worked up about mere words.

It used to be that you could refer to something pathetic as being "ghey" as long as you spelled it that way. It wasn't intended as an insult toward homosexual people. It was just an expression.

Now you have to say, "Geeze dude is that ever LGBTQ+".

So now you cant call some one a retard despite not being intended as an insult toward disabled people. Are you supposed to say "Quit being such a victim of cerebral palsy or Downs syndrome or whatever"?
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2021, 03:18:49 AM

Just use pos

Piece of shit

fits all staked coins as a bonus along with all assholes that need to be putdown.

BTW savetherainforest main point is BTC will fail one day.

he is spot on, but the point of failure will likely be more than 50 to 100 years from now.

most pow coins will fail as cryptology will likely fail with the invention of some new math.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:29:38 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2021, 03:56:04 AM by JayJuanGee

Sup...when will this consolidation end?
What do you guys think...maybe this one will be a super-cycle?
If so, it might slowly go up in 2021-Q1 2022 to a local peak at 100-130K, then "slighly" dip (maybe to 50 from 100 or to 60 from 130K)...and then starts going in 2023-2025, finally reaching millions?

Apart from bitcoin-weird things are happening -maybe you noticed (insane dog memes, virtual land coin going crazy after Meta announcement, etc, etc).
My take: the reality might look shitty for some people in the future, who would then spent inordinate amounts of time in VR.
Basically, something similar to a Ready Player One world.
I hope that we might be more 'real", but I am afraid that the path is to the digital "opium" for the majority of the populace.

Bitcoin would likely be for more affluent enjoying the "reality" in their enclaves/citadels, and the majority would live using doge, shib, mana (or name some other s-coin example) in the virtual worlds (apart from the time spent on dreadful "work" in Amazon warehouses, Walmart, etc.)

I am afraid that "they" are going for the setup like this:

bitcoin-very high price, mostly for the wealthy ($1 mil-$10mil/coin).
doge seems to "want' to go to $1 (replaces $ for poorer folks)
shib seems to 'want" to go to 1c (replaces change).

therefore, you may pay for a big mac with doge+shib and pay for a new yacht with btc (or maybe borrow against your btc and then pay).

TL;DR We are probably replacing the whole fin system, but btc will NOT be the only transactional cryptocurrency. Sorry to mention some coins-just to make a point.

Lots of nonsense in your various talking points.  

Sure currently and into the upcoming future, there is a pretty BIG transfer of wealth going on into bitcoin, but there is no need to be suggesting some kinds of simplistic assertions regarding the kinds of people that are benefiting from such ongoing wealth transfer because anyone could have gotten in, and sure there are some folks who are more aggressive than others to get their plot of bitcoin real estate.

There is also no need to generalize concerning how they might end up investing and/or using their BTC value. Of course, some folks are more in touch with reality than others, and some people are more in touch with expanding their various options to make sure that bitcoin is one of their options in which they do not spend as readily in accordance with Gresham's law.. and there are various folks who will recognize such value and to choose to spend their various other values prior to spending their bitcoin.

So, yes there are going to be a variety of ways to store and spend value and some folks are going to be smarter in regards to how the manage their wealth, accumulate wealth, store their wealth and which forms to spend than others in terms of being beneficiaries of the ongoing transfer of wealth that is taking place...

Yes, if you are traditionally wealthy you are able to get a large stake into bitcoin than others, but it is questionable regarding how many of the traditional wealthy are recognizing bitcoin as better stores of value than PMs, equities and/or property, and even the traditionally wealthy can come into the bitcoin game at a later date - so the transfer is ongoing rather than going to cause some shocking simplistic division regarding who is wealthier than others.

I doubt that bitcoin ONLY implies that the traditional wealthy are going to stay wealthy or that people who are currently holding bitcoins are going to be able to continue to hold their coins or even to recognize the value of holding their coins rather than cashing out into some other asset (or even into some shitcoin) that's going to cause them to lose a lot of wealth relative to having had kept a larger stake in bitcoin.

Even though we really do not know what the future entails, many of us longer time bitcoiners will recognize that holding onto quite a bit of bitcoin is going to give way more options to us as compared if we did not have bitcoin, and even if we might get ahead of some others who had been lagging in their recognition of the value of bitcoin and their lagging in their taking action to get a stake, the future elite may well have a bitcoin dominance in their having had gotten their, but the bitcoin elite are not going to be the only elite in such future... even though I get your point about value transferring over to the bitcoin holders, the way you frame the matter seems way too simplified and generalized.

And it is not as if we are suddenly going to be relieved of the trolls, shills and bitcoin naysayers in this thread.  Even his ongoing and seemingly willful misspelling of bitcoin should show that he is not even attempting to be genuine... even though sometimes it probably is still helpful to rebutt and to clarify his nonsense... not that there are very many folks here who do not completely see through him.. but at the same time, I see no reason to be nice to guys like that.. who are coming to threads like this in order to attempt to mislead folks even if they may well ONLY be successful in misleading a seemingly increasingly small number of newbies.

Look.... I write "BTCiTcoin" as I do to not trigger pattern recognition in predictive linguistics on mass emulation of the masses that is being constantly performed. I just avoid triggering and f%^&king with the MAIN words that are popular in a word cloud and I do not wish to enforce it. Smiley   ............ If you all dipsh!ts started one day talking like me, the world would be in chaos and no one could know wtf is happening based on the language cuz everyf^cking.one on the planet would be just speaking gibberish in pokemon lingo. Smiley  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

*edit(): I also try to not write in the same manner in other parts of the internet. I kinda already said tmi... but lets just assume every account of every nonsense I have on the internet is a role-play persona. Smiley  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

You are too smart for your own good.  I am not going to presume it, but whatever, you can live in any fantasy world that you like in terms of your suppose misinformation spreading approach to your posts... that is most likely disingenuine rather than having some sort of supposed benevolent motivation as you currently seem to be propounding.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:39:36 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2021, 03:56:10 AM by cAPSLOCK
Merited by fillippone (3)

Bitcoin would likely be for more affluent enjoying the "reality" in their enclaves/citadels, and the majority would live using doge, shib, mana (or name some other s-coin example) in the virtual worlds (apart from the time spent on dreadful "work" in Amazon warehouses, Walmart, etc.)

Bitcoin is quite usable for casual commerce at $1m/coin with L2 like Lightning. But that will start to have trouble at $100m/coin. But Bitcoin can adapt. I foresee a (soft/hard) fork for sub-sat values coming in the near future.

Lightning ALREADY does milli-sats.  I agree a fork is likely, but even if Bitcoin never did add further digits past the dot, lightning will have evolved to the point that channel management is so automatic that a closing channel would clear the millisats to somewhere else, like another channel, before closing.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:42:02 AM

I understand that people want to get all SJW with the term "retarded," and I personally see nothing at all wrong with the word in terms of throwing out a general insult at a person without even needing to get into literal particularities of whether it is accurate or fair or not.

It used to be that you could refer to something pathetic as being "ghey" as long as you spelled it that way. It wasn't intended as an insult toward homosexual people. It was just an expression.

So now you cant call some one a retard despite not being intended as an insult toward disabled people. Are you supposed to say "Quit being such a victim of cerebral palsy or Downs syndrome or whatever"?

I would like to make my point a little more finely.  I have no problem calling something or someone retarded (bad form nowadays but I don't give a flip).  But what I meant was what STRF is spewing is dumber than that. 
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:52:18 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), JimboToronto (1), d_eddie (1)

Just use pos

Piece of shit

fits all staked coins as a bonus along with all assholes that need to be putdown.

BTW savetherainforest main point is BTC will fail one day.

he is spot on, but the point of failure will likely be more than 50 to 100 years from now.

most pow coins will fail as cryptology will likely fail with the invention of some new math.

Erm...  there are some misunderstandings in your above statement.  POW does not have to use any cryptography.  Bitcoin uses SHA-256, which is a cryptographic primitive, but really cryptography, per se.  And POW can use MANY sorts of functions.  Some of them more or less cryptography.  Monero for example uses a novel ASIC resistant POW algorithm. And if for some reason someone "broke" SHA-256 (part of the SHA2 standard) then we could most likely swap straight into SHA3 pretty safely, and very quickly, though it would be a hard fork, and very disruptive.  Satoshi actually addressed this on these forums.

SHA256 is not like the step from 128 bit to 160 bit.

To use an analogy, it's more like the step from 32-bit to 64-bit address space.  We quickly ran out of address space with 16-bit computers, we ran out of address space with 32-bit computers at 4GB, that doesn't mean we're going to run out again with 64-bit anytime soon.

SHA256 is not going to be broken by Moore's law computational improvements in our lifetimes.  If it's going to get broken, it'll be by some breakthrough cracking method.  An attack that could so thoroughly vanquish SHA256 to bring it within computationally tractable range has a good chance of clobbering SHA512 too.

If we see a weakness in SHA256 coming gradually, we can transition to a new hash function after a certain block number.  Everyone would have to upgrade their software by that block number.  The new software would keep a new hash of all the old blocks to make sure they're not replaced with another block with the same old hash.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 04:01:25 AM

Explanation
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 04:03:29 AM

Lightning ALREADY does milli-sats.  I agree a fork is likely, but even if Bitcoin never did add further digits past the dot, lightning will have evolved to the point that channel management is so automatic that a closing channel would clear the millisats to somewhere else, like another channel, before closing.

If channel management was free and automatic, yeah, that would be a game-changer. Definitely doable.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 04:14:35 AM
Merited by fillippone (3), JimboToronto (1)

So now you cant call some one a retard. Are you supposed to say "Quit being such a victim of cerebral palsy or Downs syndrome or whatever"?

Personally, I doubt that the battle against the use of "retard" as a general insult is going to win, but whatever, I had real world use of such word several months ago with a small group of about 5 friends/relatives, and my employment of the word was highly scorned, so it was not a great place or opportunity for me to battle such scorn.. because the whole group of about 5 peeps (women of course) were lecturing me about how the word is supposedly outdated and inappropriate.. blah blah blah, but at various later times I purposefully repeated my usage of that word separately with each of those friends/relatives in circles in which they were not all present to gang up on me to show that I was not deterred by such earlier lecturing....

and no I do not feel like a stick-in-the-mud uncle who is stuck in his old fashion ways that no one wants to associate with, even though that might be the perception of some of them... but I believe that they are the ones on the wrong side of history on this, including sometimes that I am not too friendly to some other attempts at promoting vegan nonsense or the fluidities of genders nonsense.. all the rage these days.. and I have my doubts about some of the sustainability of some of these current fads that are quite likely wrong - even if they have some seemingly good intentions underlying them.. seemingly so.. ..

jesus fucking christ.. the fake meat nonsense.. (a bit further of a tangent)

who with a brain is going to believe that there is sustainable nutrition in fake meats?  soy too.. push that shit on people is not going to be for their own good... even though quite a few people seem to be eating fake foods and even believing that some of those foods are nutritious (as they are told)... sure a little of the fake foods is likely o.k and even tolerable.. The human body can take quite a bit of abuse especially when younger... and sure if you are young you can recover from some kinds of damages that you have caused by some of your bad habits, whether it is smoking, not getting enough sleep, not even exercising, drinking and/or eating bad foods... .. perhaps? perhaps? . but as you get older, some of these negative impacts can start to compound upon any of us mortals.. and accordingly, I hope you are not eating too much fake food and trying to eat better quality real food to the extent that you can determine what it is.. and lucky for some of us who are willing to spend money on eating real food, because real food does seem to be going up in price a lot (and even more in recent times - last year or more?).. but surely I would rather have real butter than margarine.. too.. .. ..

I have not knowingly eaten margarine for about 12 years, but I know that sometimes if you go to a restaurant (or you eat food prepared by someone else), you don't always know what you are getting.. and sometimes as a courtesy you will not ask about the ingredients or make any kind of BIG deal about the ingredients if you find out that you had been eating food that is cooked with bad oils or bad toppings.... and surely when we are younger we might not have too many choices, and sure when we are younger we might have a tight budget too... .. but hopefully eating good food will help some of us to live longer.. even if we might not have found out about the downsides of the fake food matters until we were older.. or even realized that we could afford to eat real food until we were older.. probably would have been better to start earlier.. but we can ONLY do what we can do... and sometimes it may either cost money or we just have to understand the difference between some of the food-like products that might be out there without necessarily getting trapped into believing that we need to eat fake food.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 04:15:03 AM
Merited by Syke (1), Mbitr (1)

Happy 13th Anniversary for the official Publication of Bitcoin white paper by the one and only one Satoshi Nakamoto not the faketoshi's like Craig Wright in the market.

The bitcoin has changed the idea of monetary system and put the power and freedom in hands of people from central authorities.See how far we have came with the price above $60k and market cap of more than $1 trillion and more to come.

Enjoy your freedom with bitcoin ignoring all the shitcoins and their holders talk.

savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 04:30:59 AM

You are too smart for your own good.  I am not going to presume it, but whatever, you can live in any fantasy world that you like in terms of your suppose misinformation spreading approach to your posts... that is most likely disingenuine rather than having some sort of supposed benevolent motivation as you currently seem to be propounding.

People should be encouraged to betray their own crypto constantly and feel as it is something normal and healthy. Tongue
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 05:01:24 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 05:07:14 AM

People should be encouraged to betray their own crypto constantly and feel as it is something normal and healthy. Tongue

There is no such thing as a their own crypto bullshit.

I am sometimes sorry to even engage you because you have hardly any ability to stop with your propounding of nonsensical thoughts and nonsensical frameworks.  Sure there is a psychological component that is involved in any kind of prudent BTC accumulation strategy, so none of us should be overinvesting or putting ourselves into positions that we cannot handle psychologically in terms of our balancing of how much BTC to buy, various methods to accumulate BTC, and surely once we reach our BTC accumulation targets then we get into maintenance and liquidation strategies, and surely there are different kinds of psychology that's involved in any of those stages.. depending upon where you are at, and surely having sound financial strategies can help psychology, too.

Focus you dweeb.. focus.  Do you know how? 

Do you know the topic that this thread is attempting to discuss and address? It's not about some kinds of ways to weigh the varying cryptos against bitcoin because that just leads us into a slippery-slope of nonsense talk.. about weighing which shit coin is less shitty than other shitcoins and other distractions.  There are other threads in this forum in which you can address various shitcoin topics.

Did you have anything at all that you wanted to say about bitcoin?  Sure you have been making some negative comments in terms of various shitcoins that you might be considering or investing into, but again that is not the topic of this thread.

Maybe we should try to get back to some basics, no?  Currently, do you own any bitcoin at all?  If you have turned into a no coiner then it is hard to give you any kind of credibility whatsoever on the topic if you have somehow figured out that you should have become a no coiner at this time or various other points since your forum registration (May 2016)?  If you had recently become a no coiner did you sell your BTC on the way up, and you are considering that we have reached a top?  Do you only engage in all or nothing tactics in regards to your bitcoin (presuming that you had some at some point)?  Some guys do get themselves into trouble by selling too much too early... then they are prepared for down, but not prepared for up.

I have already provided you with some numbers regarding more or less where you should be with any kind of modest ongoing BTC investment approach over those past more than 5 years.. and that would be around 15 BTC with around a $20k investment amount.. .. . 

And, sure we know that sometimes mistakes can be made, but maybe you should try to build back some of your credibility by attempting to address if you are making any kind of progress in the BTC accumulation arena.. or do you have some other story.. besides presenting shitcoins here.. because they are not relevant... nor helpful for us to be going down that off-topic slippery-slope..

So why are you here? Coiner or not?  Have you gotten off of zero.. and then are you currently off of zero might be a good place to start before getting into your other ongoing distracting off-topic seeming inabilities to maintain any kind of BTC focus..

BTC? 

have you heard of it? 

Do you have anything that might be relevant or helpful in regards to BTC that you would like to discuss?  If you went to zero in terms of your BTC, when did you do it?  many regrets?  Currently, there are not too many BTC HODLers or accumulators who should not be in profits based on current BTC prices, so it largely a matter of how many coins do you have and hopefully you did not understack or engage in gambling behaviors that undermined your abilities to stack BTC.  Spill your guts.. you.. faker.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 06:01:33 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 07:01:24 AM

Explanation
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 07:58:25 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bonfire of the currencies

I'm not supporting all things said in the piece and there is - in the end - nothing new said, but it does give a general perspective of where we are heading short term. Private markets (crypto currencies) competing against government solutions (Central Bank Digital Currencies; CBDC).

I know where my money is  Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 08:01:24 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 29576 29577 29578 29579 29580 29581 29582 29583 29584 29585 29586 29587 29588 29589 29590 29591 29592 29593 29594 29595 29596 29597 29598 29599 29600 29601 29602 29603 29604 29605 29606 29607 29608 29609 29610 29611 29612 29613 29614 29615 29616 29617 29618 29619 29620 29621 29622 29623 29624 29625 [29626] 29627 29628 29629 29630 29631 29632 29633 29634 29635 29636 29637 29638 29639 29640 29641 29642 29643 29644 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 ... 33297 »
  Print  

Jump to: