April 19, 2024, 06:27:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 [30200] 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 ... 33281 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364404 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2473

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:40:27 AM

I was shouted down the other day for moaning about international politics and also "debunked - because they are poor" for warning a massive emigration wave going to come from Ukraine to the west (they won't just stop over in Poland for a few days if you're thinking that).

I truly find it astonishing that some of you are in Bitcoin at all since you can't seem to think even a few days ahead or simply have a problem with deviating from Bitcoin jokes, memes and let's face it mostly nonsense.

We have seen massive international problems by far have the biggest effects on Bitcoin's price over the last few years surely.

Roll Eyes

The further Putin goes towards western Ukraine the lower BTC's price will go.

Putin has massive number of troops stationed in Belarus also. The world mostly ignored his slow invasion / dealings of and with former USSR countries.

I even saw some imbecilic commentator use Brexit as an excuse why this is happening now. It is NOT just a pattern of the last few years at all. Remember Crimea?

Simply put; for the majority of investors BTC at this moment is a speculative asset, not a safe heaven.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2038
Merit: 1172

Never selling

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:41:34 AM

why bitcoin is the weakest link among stocks, etc., though?
idk

it surely goes down fast at any sign of trouble....then recovers fast, of course.

Market opening times, maybe?
Or do we talk weekly?

My comment on the situation: fuck Putin!  Angry

Na, fuck all of them. This is a fuck up that extends all the way back to the end of the Soviet Union. Putin was just a result of that fuck up. Will we ever learn? It seems the answer is No.

Merited both of you, because both of you are right, somehow.
Fuck warmongers.

warmongers of all sides have been running things forever, it sucks man. The elites get rich and the poor die for their riches.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:42:41 AM

I dont know.

Maybe there is someway past this cyclic idiocy. If only there was someway to disengage from the fiat ran MIC's and politicians in the pockets of the oil cartels. The same play from the same playbook ad nauseam. Scare the general population with inflation and the threat of war...raise oil prices...short stonks. Have a little skirmish in some shithole third world country so blame can be cast elsewhere.

This has to change.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2038

Never selling

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:43:14 AM

I was shouted down the other day for moaning about international politics and also "debunked - because they are poor" for warning a massive emigration wave going to come from Ukraine to the west (they won't just stop over in Poland for a few days if you're thinking that).

I truly find it astonishing that some of you are in Bitcoin at all since you can't seem to think even a few days ahead or simply have a problem with deviating from Bitcoin jokes, memes and let's face it mostly nonsense.

We have seen massive international problems by far have the biggest effects on Bitcoin's price over the last few years surely.

Roll Eyes

For the majority of investors BTC at this moment is a speculative asset, not a safe heaven.

Lets wait to see what the sanctions are, then more importantly the central banks response.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3420
Merit: 4331

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:48:31 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2022, 07:59:01 AM by Paashaas

Russian stock market tanked with almost 30%.

There will be no world war 3 ore a total war that requires a long build up fase with factories transforming into producing war materials, millions of men joining the army, securing resources, war cabinets etc..and i don't see that happening.

Russia has no change against NATO otherwise he already took out the Baltic states.

Anyway, i had a nice breakfast with a pre-work out drink, going to the gym for a 2-hour workout.

BitcoinBunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:52:26 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2022, 08:02:46 AM by BitcoinBunny

Roll Eyes

For the majority of investors BTC at this moment is a speculative asset, not a safe heaven.

Lets wait to see what the sanctions are, then more importantly the central banks response.

Putin is in a decent position having become the gas cow for a large part of Europe because of green policies.

"If it's not in my back yard then it's clean I guess."

China is in a decent position also to do what it likes having secured major industry that slowly is taking in all car manufacturing also.

We have seen that international fiat tools have become less meaningful due to ridiculous inflation partly and the politically influenced central banks.

Sure, I am surprised BTC isn't doing better in this light, but it is what it is.

I expect possible further dumpage once the majority of Americans wake up to the news.
Or perhaps that is already priced in right now with auto trading bots.
Who knows what the fuck goes on with the price exactly.

Certainly can't go by these YouTube commentators anymore. They have been proven wrong mostly and only ever rode off the hype to gain followers for themselves.
A bit like a shitcoin I guess.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:01:19 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:02:06 AM
Merited by strawbs (1)

Roll Eyes

Putin has massive number of troops stationed in Belarus also. The world mostly ignored his slow invasion / dealings of and with former USSR countries.

I even saw some imbecilic commentator use Brexit as an excuse why this is happening now. It is NOT just a pattern of the last few years at all. Remember Crimea?

Simply put; for the majority of investors BTC at this moment is a speculative asset, not a safe heaven.

Part of the internet happens to be the postings of various people who have differing opinions... to the extent that actual people exist on the other side of such keyboards.

I think that we have quite a few people in these here parts... absent  sirazimuth and JimboToronto... other than that, we are mostly peeps, here... maybe Hueristic, too.. he does not really seem like a real peep... #justsaying

Do you want to tell us that you were right all along?  

I am not sure how helpful that is....

Do you want to tell us that you sold 50% of your BTC stash because the discussion of bitcoin is meaningless and you want UPpity otherwise, it is not fun enough?  and/or that you want to buy more cheaper because you know what is going to happen in the future that other people (the market) does not know?  Good luck with supposedly knowing things.. because sometimes the future ends up playing out in ways that are not quite as expected, even if you tell us after the fact that you knew all along...  

Also, for sure doom and gloom has not always worked out for those who sold much if any of their stash after there had already been nearly a 50% correction.. so well, there could be various risks in taking rash actions.. but hey.. you do you.   We might end up getting another 5% or 10% dip.. perhaps? perhaps? or we might get a 80% dip from here ( I kind of doubt it), but any of us can decide if we feel that it might be prudent to shave some off.. but careful about doing a mindrust.. remember how certain he was after a near 50% drop that had been followed by earlier drops... and he was sure that the BTC price was going to fall 50% more.

Are you wanting to tell us that bitcoin does not matter anymore because the world is falling apart?  What else is new?  The world seems to always be falling apart in one way or another.   I do still think that bitcoin matters and the discussion of the topics in this thread are important and that's why many of us regulars participate in this thread.. rage quit?  perhaps?
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11968

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:03:59 AM
Merited by Paashaas (7), fillippone (3)

Russian stock market tanked with almost 30%.

There will be no world war 3 ore a total war that requires a long build up fase with factories transforming into producing war materials, millions of men joining the army, securing resources, war cabinets etc..and i don't see that happening.

Russia has no change against NATO otherwise he already took out the Baltic states.

Anyway, i had a nice breakfast with a pre-work out drink, going to the gym for a 2-hour workout.

Gonna join bro …. This CF thing really clears my head

Program for today=

Only starting with the deadlifts

Pre workout drink @9.45, class starts at 10.15 cheers

serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2022, 08:07:14 AM

I'm not quite sure about that. There are reports of people queuing at the ATMs (while the banking system works) why wouldn't all those people flee to BTC? Also Russia's ruble is tanking so why not use BTC for savings? Let's HODL and see...  Grin
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:08:10 AM

Roll Eyes

Part of the internet happens to be the postings of various people who have differing opinions... to the extent that actual people exist on the other side of such keyboards.

I think that we have quite a few people in these here parts... absent  sirazimuth and JimboToronto... other than that, we are mostly peeps.

Do you want to tell us that you sold 50% of your BTC stash because the discussion of bitcoin is meaningless and you want UPpity otherwise, it is not fun enough?  and/or that you want to buy more cheaper because you know what is going to happen in the future that other people (the market) does not know?  Good luck with supposedly knowing things.. because sometimes the future ends up playing out in ways that are not quite as expected, even if you tell us after the fact that you knew all along... 

Also, for sure doom and gloom has not always worked out for those who sold much if any of their stash after there had already been nearly a 50% correction.. so well, there could be various risks in taking rash actions.. but hey.. you do you.   We might end up getting another 5% or 10% dip.. perhaps? perhaps? or we might get a 80% dip from here ( I kind of doubt it), but any of us can decide if we feel that it might be prudent to shave some off.. but careful about doing a mindrust.. remember how certain he was after a near 50% drop that had been followed by earlier drops... and he was sure that the BTC price was going to fall 50% more.

Are you wanting to tell us that bitcoin does not matter anymore because the world is falling apart?  What else is new?  The world seems to always be falling apart in one way or another.   I do still think that bitcoin matters and the discussion of the topics in this thread are important and that's why many of us regulars participate in this thread.. rage quit?  perhaps?

Nope, I won't sell. In that light actions speak louder than words.
The only exchange I have dealt with now wants me to fill out personal data stuff, which I didn't do so I guess I can't sell until I would do that (which I won't) anyway.
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2022, 08:10:16 AM
Merited by modrobert (1)

why bitcoin is the weakest link among stocks, etc., though?
idk

it surely goes down fast at any sign of trouble....then recovers fast, of course.

Market opening times, maybe?
Or do we talk weekly?

My comment on the situation: fuck Putin!  Angry

Na, fuck all of them. This is a fuck up that extends all the way back to the end of the Soviet Union. Putin was just a result of that fuck up. Will we ever learn? It seems the answer is No.

Merited both of you, because both of you are right, somehow.
Fuck warmongers.

Yes indeed. Fuck both sides of this madness. My reaction was due to myself seeing the price of BTC...  Grin
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2022, 08:13:10 AM
Merited by Richy_T (1)

Kind Daddy is slowly recovering after this war news shock.. no but really: how retarded you need to be to sell into this war dump?  Grin

I just can't imagine peeps waking up in the morning and OMG WW3 has started! Gotta sell my BTC now! Muahaha...  Grin
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:17:03 AM

Kind Daddy is slowly recovering after this war news shock.. no but really: how retarded you need to be to sell into this war dump?  Grin

I just can't imagine peeps waking up in the morning and OMG WW3 has started! Gotta sell my BTC now! Muahaha...  Grin

I was thinking there might be more dumpage when the Americans wake up but perhaps that is already priced in.
Could be rumours but headlines updated right now speak of many casualties and further threats from old Vlad. - I doubt western media would ever play things down even this is an exaggeration, too much ad revenue involved.
But could BTC go below 30K?  Huh

I have no idea how the money moves so fast.

Many have suggested auto trading bots.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11968

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:21:03 AM
Merited by BitcoinBunny (2), Hueristic (1)

When to BTD at this point….

Recovery could happen fast, but have we seen the bottom-ish prices or not ….

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:23:41 AM
Merited by BitcoinBunny (2)

Roll Eyes

I think that we have quite a few people in these here parts... absent  sirazimuth and JimboToronto... other than that, we are mostly peeps.

Do you want to tell us that you sold 50% of your BTC stash because the discussion of bitcoin is meaningless and you want UPpity otherwise, it is not fun enough?  and/or that you want to buy more cheaper because you know what is going to happen in the future that other people (the market) does not know?  Good luck with supposedly knowing things.. because sometimes the future ends up playing out in ways that are not quite as expected, even if you tell us after the fact that you knew all along...  

Also, for sure doom and gloom has not always worked out for those who sold much if any of their stash after there had already been nearly a 50% correction.. so well, there could be various risks in taking rash actions.. but hey.. you do you.   We might end up getting another 5% or 10% dip.. perhaps? perhaps? or we might get a 80% dip from here ( I kind of doubt it), but any of us can decide if we feel that it might be prudent to shave some off.. but careful about doing a mindrust.. remember how certain he was after a near 50% drop that had been followed by earlier drops... and he was sure that the BTC price was going to fall 50% more.

Are you wanting to tell us that bitcoin does not matter anymore because the world is falling apart?  What else is new?  The world seems to always be falling apart in one way or another.   I do still think that bitcoin matters and the discussion of the topics in this thread are important and that's why many of us regulars participate in this thread.. rage quit?  perhaps?

Nope, I won't sell. In that light actions speak louder than words.
The only exchange I have dealt with now wants me to fill out personal data stuff, which I didn't do so I guess I can't sell until I would do that (which I won't) anyway.

My response was a bit strong to you.. because I did read some rage quit vibes and also some "I told you so" vibes.. which each of those kinds of vibes tends to rub me in a way that causes my own reactive issues... there is always some level of uncertainty and frequently the BTC price does not go which way we want it or expect it to go.. at least not all of us.

Regarding liquidation or even being able to reduce exposure.  I always figured that any of us should have a few different ways to get out of bitcoin.. but we see that sometimes the various exchanges change their rules.. and then there might be questions about other ways to liquidate, or if we just want to hold the bitcoin in another form (such as something that is dollar pegged.. at least in the short term).. but yeah, over the years, I have had so many liquidation avenues dry up.. and sometimes there are needs to attempt to establish new ones.. not always easy... especially if a lot of value might be involved that might need to cash out and need some certainty bout getting it... sometimes worse in times that you really might need it.

I am thinking that 5-10 years in the future there will be way more liquidation options.. and maybe that is why some guys here are spending so much time playing around with lightning network.. in order to have more potential options.. when they might need them.

Kind Daddy is slowly recovering after this war news shock.. no but really: how retarded you need to be to sell into this war dump?  Grin

I just can't imagine peeps waking up in the morning and OMG WW3 has started! Gotta sell my BTC now! Muahaha...  Grin

Maybe part of the reason that the dumping is not over?

I don't claim to know whether our little $1k bounce up from our current $34,324 bottom is anywhere close enough to being able to rest in peace that this particular "bottom is in.".. way too early to know in terms of both time and quantity of price distance.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2964

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:25:22 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

"Serious" analyst targets are projected around $32k since ATH.
I didn't believe it myself at that time, but so far it seems to play out.
#NFA
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:33:55 AM

....So... Putin just invaded Donbass.

Bitcoin might take dive. Maybe. MAYBE.

The next 24 hours are critical

Gold goes up, whilst bitcoin (digital gold) goes down. Illogical.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/global-markets-unravel-putin-launches-military-operation

This tells me that people still don't understand what bitcoin truly is.
This is precisely what bitcoin was invented for ffs.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2022, 08:42:36 AM

$33K seems pretty much inevitable at this point.  The chart looks an awful lot like $10K could be in the cards, which would represent a pretty massive change in Bitcoin's up only trajectory.  Personally, I'd be pretty cautious here with cash on the sidelines.  With the Fed looking to raise rates sending home prices teetering on the brink of collapse, the stock market overheated, and war potentially breaking out, it seems the downside risk is higher than the upside reward at the moment.  It sure feels exactly the same as 2018 to me.  I only wish we could have gotten our blowoff top in the six digit range so it would have been obvious this cycle had topped.  The only real sign we had was Saylor saying Bitcoin would go up forever.
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 08:48:20 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The dip supported by another dip maybe incoming and we should be ready for that.

The two way preparation needs to be done one is be ready with some extra fiat to invest in Bitcoin at some discounts again and second don't panic sell off in these situations and hold for long term.

Hope everything goes normal soon  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 [30200] 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 ... 33281 »
  Print  

Jump to: