April 25, 2024, 04:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 30904 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 [30913] 30914 30915 30916 30917 30918 30919 30920 30921 30922 30923 30924 30925 30926 30927 30928 30929 30930 30931 30932 30933 30934 30935 30936 30937 30938 30939 30940 30941 30942 30943 30944 30945 30946 30947 30948 30949 30950 30951 30952 30953 30954 30955 30956 30957 30958 30959 30960 30961 30962 30963 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367526 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 01:38:10 PM

Name five ANTIFA members?
You can't because it's a BS story fed to you by republicans...
With the amount of trump supporters going to jail it's getting harder to pass the blame.

I'm honestly having difficulty trying to understand if this is satire, of if the poster is being genuine with their thought process, here.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 01:40:03 PM

Funny how most of them look more or less retarded, top left could be the secret love child of one of the Bogdanoffs.

This one even better.

Hehe, yeah, that one's even better.

I wish a country where all these leftoids could be dumped could be created, kind of like a Liberia for the left.

(yes I know Liberia wasn't created as a "dump" country, but rather a place to repatriate black slaves, but you know what I mean).
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 01:47:43 PM

Ok whatever.... you mentioned "popular will of the people"/"representative democracy. "
If that was truly the case, that last clown elected in 2016 would not have happened.

I'd agree. But for different reasons, probably. The republicans had continually been served up a dismal variety of swampy establishment candidates so Trump was largely a spoiler vote (Though many seem quite happy with what he was able to achieve despite opposition from his own party and several years of lies and questionable legal procedures against him). Parties have had a terrible effect on this country on both sides.

I would *welcome* a widespread review of gun laws in the US. The overwhelming majority of them would be thrown out as ineffectual if nothing else.

The USA is a gun toting culture. Always has been, always will be.
So get used to mass shootings. (I'd venture to guess most Americans have at this point) They are not going away.
Debating gun laws in the USA is like debating religion.
Just like the thoughts and prayers the victims get, it's totally fruitless and useless. Sad but true.

Yes, probably. Until we have a proper discussion about the causes of such things and work on a proper way to solve them other than passing another ineffectual and unwanted restriction on gun ownership that only really affects regular, law abiding people, not much is going to change.

You mean things like

- universal affordable healthcare
- addressing mental illness
- social security
- a safe working environment where
  You can be sick without getting fired
  you can get fired every second of the day for no reason
- the possibility of having a retirement

All those liberal things that republicans are against...
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 01:51:15 PM

Shame yesterday's bump didn't stick Sad

Skye Cloud Sodja
Jacob Camello
Tara Walker
Chris Guillott
Sage Myers
Brianna Ford
Kyla Ford
Tayler Calderon

Google them. (You may do better if you add 'antifa' to the search... but you will find them all, I think)

I could go on all day.  You are wrong.  Antifa mugshots from Portland:

Dude is behind the times. He should watch less CNN (everyone else is). The "antifa is just an idea" BS talking point was abandoned as more and more video evidence showed that that was a laughable statement. Politicians rely too much on old methods invalidated by modern technology.

There seems to be a pattern here, when the stock market in the USA is closed bitcoin (and stonks) go up, when it opens again, it goes down.
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 01:53:14 PM

Common sense gun laws aren't authoritarian restrictions.
Common sense gun laws should be viewed the same as a drivers license or medical license...

Any time I see "Common sense" I can just interpret it as a euphemism for "Laws I want but you don't" and ignore the rest. Be specific.

Let's name a few

- restrict the insane from buying
- restrict criminals from buying
- proper storage of weapons in the home
- gun registration
- no open or concealed carry for assault rifles
- ban on high capacity magazines
- ban on full-auto firing
Etc.
Etc.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 01:55:49 PM

Ok whatever.... you mentioned "popular will of the people"/"representative democracy. "
If that was truly the case, that last clown elected in 2016 would not have happened.

I'd agree. But for different reasons, probably. The republicans had continually been served up a dismal variety of swampy establishment candidates so Trump was largely a spoiler vote (Though many seem quite happy with what he was able to achieve despite opposition from his own party and several years of lies and questionable legal procedures against him). Parties have had a terrible effect on this country on both sides.

I would *welcome* a widespread review of gun laws in the US. The overwhelming majority of them would be thrown out as ineffectual if nothing else.

So get used to mass shootings. (I'd venture to guess most Americans have at this point) They are not going away.
Just like the thoughts and prayers the victims get, it's totally fruitless and useless. Sad but true.

Yes, probably. Until we have a proper discussion about the causes of such things and work on a proper way to solve them other than passing another ineffectual and unwanted restriction on gun ownership that only really affects regular, law abiding people, not much is going to change.

You mean things like

- social security

Why do you hate the United States?

They have saved Europe twice and is now saving us a third time, show some respect and gratitude instead of this constant bashing.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 01:58:59 PM

Common sense gun laws should be viewed the same as a drivers license or medical license...

Any time I see "Common sense" I can just interpret it as a euphemism for "Laws I want but you don't" and ignore the rest. Be specific.

Let's name a few

- gun registration
Etc.
Etc.

Well, it's not your country, so therefore none of your business.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 02:03:28 PM

Explanation
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 02:09:55 PM

You mean things like

- social security

Why do you hate the United States?

They have saved Europe twice and is now saving us a third time, show some respect and gratitude instead of this constant bashing.

Who says I hate the United States?

I've been there many many times and the USA has a lot of nice places to visit and good things going for it.
I personally would never want to live there because of the cut-throat mentality and the public safety issues like mass shootings.
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 02:10:35 PM

Let's name a few

- gun registration
Etc.
Etc.

True. Good luck with the thoughts and prayers ...
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 02:21:49 PM

Let's name a few

- gun registration
Etc.
Etc.

Good luck with your coming food shortages and eventual famine because "save the planet"...
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 02:23:56 PM

Let's name a few

- gun registration
Etc.
Etc.

Good luck with your coming food shortages and eventual famine because "save the planet"...

Thanks. Happy recession to you too  Grin
WatChe

Activity: 896
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2022, 02:29:29 PM

Despite the fact that MASS shooting is on the rise in USA, there is very little USA government is doing to stop these MASS shootings in future. Joe Biden too not very much in favour of gun law that let anyone buy a gun hut still there is no legislation from federal government.

So what you're really asking is why authoritarian restrictions aren't being passed against the popular will of the people *and* the supreme law of the land in a representative democracy.

I think you are right, there are not many in USA that are in favor of ban on guns. So this will go on.

But opinions are more varied when Americans are asked about their thoughts on stricter gun laws in general. A November poll conducted by Gallup found that 52% of Americans support stricter gun control, which marked the lowest rating on the question since 2014. Support for a ban on handguns also hit a new low in 2021, with just 19% of Americans telling Gallup that they would be in favor of such a policy.
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/25/why-cant-america-stop-mass-shootings-gun-control
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 02:29:47 PM

- gun registration

First 3 are already in the law books.
Last 4 are unlikely to ever get any traction. It will be resisted or opposed. Plus there is debate on the use of the word "assault", or a question on its definition.

I'd argue we should call them defensive rifles.
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 02:43:08 PM

- gun registration

Last 4 are unlikely to ever get any traction. It will be resisted or opposed. Plus there is debate on the use of the word "assault", or a question on its definition.

Well then you have a lot of mass "defensive rifle" shootings... hardly anyone got "assaulted" right?

But I'm going to stop this religious debate because I don't think there is going to be any change...
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1030

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2022, 02:47:58 PM

Think Positive.
That will be Progressive
Be Smart
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2022, 02:55:20 PM

Think Positive.
That will be Progressive
Be Smart

Haha that's me in 2018.  Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 03:01:25 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 03:01:49 PM

...and I am so “foolish”, I lack faith that the previous cycle top can never, ever be revisited—let alone broken. <jay>Roll EyesRoll EyesRoll Eyes</jay>

Yes.. I agree.

You are foolish and/or you have foolish tendencies.

Even in non-inflation-adjusted nominal dollar terms, we are sitting on the previous cycle top right now after having broken several times below it.  

So what?  Who cares?  It seems that you are attempting to buy into or propagate some kind of a nonsense framework that bitcoin has to do at least "this much" otherwise "emergency conditions" exist.  There is no emergency.  Yes bitcoin's current spot price is at or below its 2017 top.  So fucking what?

If you might not have noticed, for more than a year and a half bitcoin was trading 2x to 3.5x above current prices, which continues to pull up the 100-week moving average (currently at $36,417), and also pulls up upon the 200-week moving average (currently at $22,560).  

I will agree with you, to the extent that you are proclaiming that BTC prices are low and they are at historically low levels and that there seems to be a lot of continued ongoing price pressure pulls to go lower, but I am not going to agree with you that BTC prices have to go lower or that there is anything broken in the BTC space and./or the various models that are looked at in order to attempt to fairly look at where bitcoin is, how it got here and where we might be going - especially in the long term rather than getting all worked up about the short terms (except appreciating that we continue to be in buy territory - including the potentiality that ongoing "cheap" prices could continue, including but not limited to lower prices, too).

That has never happened before—not even close!—not since Bitcoin became old-enough to have any previous “four-year cycle top” for comparison.

Again.. so fucking what?

There have been price dips previously, and the fact that the BTC price has not dipped below its previous tops ("ever before") remains a BIG so fucking what?

Prior patterns do not guarantee that they will repeat - even if they had previously held a lot of synchronicity with earlier patterns, and also we should expect for changes to take place in the price dynamics of an asset class such as bitcoin as it matures, more financialization comes into the space, potentiality for political battles over it and also the taking advantage of a lot of reckless players who had been overly leveraged in their having had gambled with BTC and BTC related products (some of them obvious ponzis that we were not able to see until after they started to crash and show that they did not have the assets/bitcoins that they claimed to have had.. who would-a-thunk that some entities did not have the bitcoins that they claimed that they had?.. duh!!).

So stated to inform future readers of the context.

Also ending up being dramatic in terms of failing/refusing to capture proper context, and trying to make your specific facts seem more important than they actually are.  That comes off as "exaggeration" to me, and even "foolish" if I must say so my lil selfie.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In that context, I will let the above unedited quotation speak for itself.

Me too.

I have them [new ideas].  Thank me for being bullish while others are discussing a death spiral, instead of flipping off at me over nonsense.

That's strange.  Why would I want to discourage ideas - unless they happen to be detached from reality in the sense of lacking in logic and/or facts to reach bad conclusions?

You have not addressed the substance of my ideas here.  You have only taken irrelevant snipes at cherry-picked quotes.

I addressed whatever needs to be addressed from my perspective. It's ok to have differing perspectives about price, price dynamics, where we believe BTC is going, whether it is broken or not, what kinds of probabilities to assign to various price directions and how to assess that, and whether we feel that we need to stick our heads up our asses or not.

Free I tell ya.

Free.

My basic thesis is an answer to all of the people who are worried that Bitcoin, allegedly a sound hard-money store of value, is performing very poorly right now.  I believe you noticed that some are even claiming that Bitcoin has somehow failed as a “store of value”.

Sure.. you can make those kinds of non-zoomed out nonsense claims if you feel that they make you feel good.

Yes.. in the short term, there are going to be feelings that this asset is not serving very well as a store of value.. but again, so fucking what?  zoom out a wee bit to attempt to understand a wee bit MOAR better in regards to what you are looking at in terms of bitcoin as compared with other possible asset classes in which you would like to store (or invest) your value.  

Sure, if you have either a low time preference or you need your money in a short period of time, then you may well get fucked if you expect to be able to cash out of your BTC at a higher price than you bought.  Do I need to elaborate further on this idea?  either in terms of facts or logic?

Even gold can have a bad bear market.  

Fuck gold.

When there are many complicated global economic and political factors impacting its market, even gold can have poor economic performance for awhile.  No reasonable (or even sane) person would claim that gold doesn’t work as a store of value.  Even when it crashed, gold was fine.  When it crashed, smart holders held, and smart buyers bought.

Again.. fuck gold.. you are muddying up your thinking with that and even bringing it up here as if it were a significant enough comparison point in order to be relevant to the discussion.. In other words, it is likely more distracting as a talking point than it is worth.  It seems better that you attempt to understand and discuss bitcoin a wee bit MOAR better rather than bringing in largely irrelevant, immaterial and distracting talking points, like gold.

Mutatis mutandis, apply the same principles to Bitcoin.  If you feel an itch to overextend the analogy, to toss in red herrings, or to cherry-pick pieces out of context, then you may want to look up what “mutatis mutandis” means.

Seems like you are getting off on a tangent.

I am NOT predicting a two-decade bear market for Bitcoin.  Only an illiterate simpleton would read that into anything that I have said.

I am NOT performing TA to read tea leaves about Bitcoin from historical gold prices (!), like that idiot dragonvslinux.

I was NOT using the analogy to make price predictions about Bitcoin.

I am glad that you let us know what you are NOT doing.  

That's helpful.. right?

rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiggggggghhhhtttt?

I am proclaiming that a hard-money store-of-value asset can temporarily suffer poor performance in extraordinary conditions, and that the asset will recover.

Ok.. It seems that most of the bitcoin OG folks (or even longer term participants in this thread) would agree that bitcoin is a hard asset and it is likely to recover.  So what else is new.. that kind of a claim is not anything innovative or even contrary to underlying assumptions that a likely large majority  of the bitcoin OG foks consider to be the case.

I am saying that even if the bottom is not yet in, even if the bear market gets worse for awhile, I will not panic about Bitcoin’s long-term future as a store of value.  I am not positively predicting worse incoming crashes—but just in case, I am psychologically prepared for the not-insignificant probability of such events.

Ok.. good for you.

You are trying to proclaim that you are "normal" within expectations of this thread, or are you suggesting that this expectation of yours is unique in some kind of a way?

By comparison, looking at the Gold chart using Monthly MA Ribbon (SMA) with intervals of 12 (1 Year) starting with 12 (after it's decade long bull market and 25x increase):
In summary, I think the worst (or arguably best) case scenario is a bear market based on an extended amount of time, not an extended correction of price.

Seems to me that there is something fundamentally wrong (or off) with using gold as a comparison when we are talking about an emergent asset class versus a 2,000 year old asset class..

Seems to me like there is something fundamentally wrong with using charts from a different asset in different historical circumstances to make any kind of price forecasts about Bitcoin.  It is the distilled essence of the worst TA-addict mindset.

Within some contexts there can be some validity and usefulness in cross asset comparisons and even looking at various points in time, so long as there are also attempts to appreciate the various ways that bitcoin differs too.

Edit, P.S. (and inb4 anyone else):  What do you mean, Jay, by a “2,000 year old” asset?  That is a drastic error in describing how long gold and other PMs have been used as money.

The number of years does not really matter that much, we might even say 200 or 500 year asset.. .. The main points are that there is a longer history with gold even when there are also changes in modern market dynamics with the overly monetization (and manipulation) of gold including paper products, while at the same time bitcoin emerged as a new kind of asset that had some intentions to replace and improve upon gold properties that had been manipulated away... so in that sense bitcoin aimed (aims) to replace some of gold's manipulated properties, and even to be less manipulatable than gold... So if bitcoin did not exist, then gold would likely serve as a potential way to gravitate back into sound money after the fiat systems (USD and others) blow up this time around, but instead we have a newer asset that we called bitcoin that is less than 14 years old.  Have you heard of it?   Anyhow, more recent history of what is going on is more important than specifying how many thousands of years gold existed in a world that was more physical in nature and more lacking in communication tools... Had you heard that bitcoin is a kind of innovation that facilitates that an actual bearer instrument (namely king daddy) is value that flies through the air and is communicated and transmitted at the same time.  Nothing so comprehensively like it ever existed previously.. even though it has several similarities to gold.. gold cannot be transmitted through the air so easily (if at all).  did you  know that?  

In essence, part of the point is that there are similarities and differences between bitcoin and gold, and it is quite likely that focus will be lost and wrong conclusions will be reached if there is an attempt to start out these kinds of analyses by attempting to understand gold first, rather than attempting to understand bitcoin and then to the extent that it might be helpful to understand the historical or current role of other assets/currencies, to attempt to understand those other assets/currencies through the understand of bitcoin first.  It will likely save a lot of time to attempt to figure out bitcoin first.  That's why we be here in this thread... to attempt to help peeps to understand bitcoin first... and if they want to get distracted into some other nonsense or talk of other assets/currencies or even get distracted into various historical specifics of various off topic matters, they likely need to do that in other places rather than in this here thread..

TLDR:  Pro-tip.... Don't get caught up in the weeds of off-topic shitcoin details D_W..  Try to keep ur lil selfie focused on the prize.. aka my lil precious.
thisisntbic

Activity: 61
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 05, 2022, 03:09:08 PM

Well then you have a lot of mass "defensive rifle" shootings... hardly anyone got "assaulted" right?

But I'm going to stop this religious debate because I don't think there is going to be any change...

Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology, U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1007588410221

Data from a 1993 survey published in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, at least 3.5% of households had members who had used a gun “for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere” over the previous five years. This amounts to 1,029,615 such incidents per year and excludes all “military service, police work, or work as a security guard.”
https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6853&context=jclc

A 1994 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9591354/

“Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million….”
https://nap.nationalacademies.org/catalog/18319/priorities-for-research-to-reduce-the-threat-of-firearm-related-violence

Don't like the USA as an example? How about Brazil?

After the relaxation on gun laws in 2019 by President Jair Bolsonaro, the number of deaths registered by homicide was 19% lower compared to 2018 (51,558), while in 2019 the registered number was 41,635 being the lowest number of homicide deaths since 2007
https://g1.globo.com/monitor-da-violencia/noticia/2020/02/14/numero-de-assassinatos-cai-19percent-no-brasil-em-2019-e-e-o-menor-da-serie-historica.ghtml

Pages: « 1 ... 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 30904 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 [30913] 30914 30915 30916 30917 30918 30919 30920 30921 30922 30923 30924 30925 30926 30927 30928 30929 30930 30931 30932 30933 30934 30935 30936 30937 30938 30939 30940 30941 30942 30943 30944 30945 30946 30947 30948 30949 30950 30951 30952 30953 30954 30955 30956 30957 30958 30959 30960 30961 30962 30963 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: