7/21 - 1 (0.9%)
7/28 - 11 (10.3%)
8/4 - 16 (15%)
8/11 - 7 (6.5%)
8/18 - 6 (5.6%)
8/25 - 7 (6.5%)
After August - 59 (55.1%)
Total Voters: 107

Pages: « 1 ... 33698 33699 33700 33701 33702 33703 33704 33705 33706 33707 33708 33709 33710 33711 33712 33713 33714 33715 33716 33717 33718 33719 33720 33721 33722 33723 33724 33725 33726 33727 33728 33729 33730 33731 33732 33733 33734 33735 33736 33737 33738 33739 33740 33741 33742 33743 33744 33745 33746 33747 [33748] 33749 33750 33751 33752 33753 33754 33755 33756 33757 33758 33759 33760 33761 33762 33763 33764 33765 33766 33767 33768 33769 33770 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26465119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1801

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 10:01:15 AM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 11:01:15 AM

Explanation
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6069

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2024, 11:30:54 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), d_eddie (1)

enormous amount of people don't know it yet....
I'm among people every day, crossfit etc for example where a lot of people just come in after there day and in spaces like this ... we can see that most of the people just don't know a lot about BTC.

I have the same experience, even though it's been 15 years since the first BTC transaction, most research indicates that less than 5% of people globally have anything to do with Bitcoin. It is still somewhat explainable that interest was relatively low until 2017, but even though interest increased after that, it is still very modest if we consider that BTC has broken into the mainstream.

However, I personally see a big difference between people's awareness of this issue when it comes to the US and the EU, because Bitcoin is a hot topic there in all mainstream media, but somehow it seems to me that it is still a taboo topic in many EU countries. I have personally met people who are supposed to be intelligent considering their position in society, but 90% of them have a very bad opinion about Bitcoin.

Maybe some people would be offended, but somehow I have become convinced that very few people have the ability to understand something like Bitcoin - as if they have already been brainwashed to the extent that they believe only what their governments tell them.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 12973

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 11:46:25 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), Paashaas (1), Lucius (1)

I'm among people every day, crossfit etc for example where a lot of people just come in after there day and in spaces like this ... we can see that most of the people just don't know a lot about BTC.

I have the same experience, even though it's been 15 years since the first BTC transaction, most research indicates that less than 5% of people globally have anything to do with Bitcoin. It is still somewhat explainable that interest was relatively low until 2017, but even though interest increased after that, it is still very modest if we consider that BTC has broken into the mainstream.

However, I personally see a big difference between people's awareness of this issue when it comes to the US and the EU, because Bitcoin is a hot topic there in all mainstream media, but somehow it seems to me that it is still a taboo topic in many EU countries. I have personally met people who are supposed to be intelligent considering their position in society, but 90% of them have a very bad opinion about Bitcoin.

Maybe some people would be offended, but somehow I have become convinced that very few people have the ability to understand something like Bitcoin - as if they have already been brainwashed to the extent that they believe only what their governments tell them.

Exactly that …. Met a lot of people who I consider to be much smarter as myself… higher studies, good jobs etc
But just the belief in what government tell them makes me reconsider my opinion of being smart …
Also being smart bc of studies or jobs can be an illusion as well imo, a lot of them have put some hard work into things and are well earned where they are, but at the same time a lot of them have been lucky with knowing some of the right people at the right time etc
Also being high schooled and good studies can help, but at the same time a lot of people with not the best school carrière can succeed as well… I wasn’t the best in class, never had the interest at a young age and I met was lucky after school meeting the right person at the best time to introduce me to BTC …. But still even he told be to keep stacking and Hodling… it was still me who had to hold and keep on to it…

Also lately I did a lot of travels in the EU and out the EU and still it surprises be how low of a % of people
Really knowing BTC…. Also every single one who knows or heard of it is more interested in the low cap meme/alt coins etc
The ones who heard of BTC are still in the tunnel vision of can we get FIAT rich fast?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 12:01:18 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 01:01:15 PM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 8599

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2024, 01:13:06 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Go to sleep, dream a dream that you want, tomorrow you become a millionaire.

Nothing is instant, patience is needed.

Just hold.
how do I dream dreams that I want ?

Start by learning the techniques in this article...

https://www.bettersleep.com/blog/is-it-possible-to-control-your-dreams

I think that it relates to the idea of controlling your lucid dreams.

I am not personally claiming to know how to do it.

I remember having powerful dreams when I began taking magnesium + zinc supplements (a doctor recommended them). The dreams were almost like feature-length movies, complete with plot, twists & turns and everything. I was looking forward to going to sleep, wondering what dream I would have.

I have now stopped taking supplements (trying to take my nutrients from natural sources), and the dreams have subsided. I still have them, but not as intense and complex as when I was taking the supplements. Or maybe I do have them, but can't remember them? It's interesting how a chemical change can affect you in different ways...

I quit smoking in 1996 I used the patch.

Since my skin was not badly affected by the patch I could wear it 24/7.

My dreams were either world class horror movies or world class sex dreams with me and my wife.

So I had action every night for the 6 weeks on the patch. THE LADY OR THE TIGER.
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1150

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 01:16:47 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (21), Torque (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Another 7420 BTC for Saylor Shocked

ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 3074

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 01:46:10 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (10), JayJuanGee (1)

MicroStrategy Completes $1.01 Billion Upsized Offering of Convertible Notes at 0.625% Coupon and 40% Conversion Premium. $MSTR

https://x.com/saylor/status/1837100617505907021
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 02:01:15 PM

Explanation
Volgastallion

Activity: 602
Merit: 313

CONTEST ORGANIZER

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 03:00:26 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Exactly that …. Met a lot of people who I consider to be much smarter as myself… higher studies, good jobs etc
But just the belief in what government tell them makes me reconsider my opinion of being smart …
Also being smart bc of studies or jobs can be an illusion as well imo, a lot of them have put some hard work into things and are well earned where they are, but at the same time a lot of them have been lucky with knowing some of the right people at the right time etc
Also being high schooled and good studies can help, but at the same time a lot of people with not the best school carrière can succeed as well…

I agree with this.

The more i grow the more i know some people stay in some spaces or position only for this conctacs and in some case luck (hereditary position etc). And from below you think "well this person for sure is very smart" and when you start getting old and seeing how all behalf you start to notice they are not so smart, and a lot of them are there for having a really good netwroking or because they are a good employed.

The big FAIL is in our side when we think a person is smart because he/she has good grades, but in fact maybe is only a super hardwork person who spend hours and hours reading and learning, but is miles away from being smart.

For example a super close person to the normal accountability or traditional finance until some of their "gurus" dont release a book saying BTC is good they are not gonna trust in this, and yes for sure he can have the better grades but are the people who follow the herd. So i have to say this persons are not smarter and  dont have own thinking.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 03:01:17 PM

Explanation
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6069

Crypto Swap Exchange🈺

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2024, 03:41:10 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Also being high schooled and good studies can help, but at the same time a lot of people with not the best school carrière can succeed as well… I wasn’t the best in class, never had the interest at a young age and I met was lucky after school meeting the right person at the best time to introduce me to BTC …. But still even he told be to keep stacking and Hodling… it was still me who had to hold and keep on to it…

Also lately I did a lot of travels in the EU and out the EU and still it surprises be how low of a % of people
Really knowing BTC…. Also every single one who knows or heard of it is more interested in the low cap meme/alt coins etc
The ones who heard of BTC are still in the tunnel vision of can we get FIAT rich fast?

It seems that everything comes down to public opinion created by the mainstream media, which are mostly under the control of the government or political-business structures that still use the old trick that repeating a lie a thousand times makes something true. In my early days, I had the habit of telling people about Bitcoin, but after I heard stories about money laundering, terrorists, destroying the planet and similar things, I gave up a long time ago and whenever one of those geniuses asks me what happened to Bitcoin, I say that it has failed because I see that it gives some people great satisfaction because they think they were right all along.

I know people who invested heavily in Doge when they thought the price would fly to Mars, or those who bought BTC forks believing that one day they will be worth the same as Bitcoin, and today they say it's all a scam.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 04:01:15 PM

Explanation
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1932

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2024, 04:38:39 PM
Merited by machasm (1)

What I am hearing is that we really need to find new ways to market Bitcoin to the ignorant masses.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 05:01:15 PM

Explanation
Greyhats

Activity: 230
Merit: 170

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 05:14:04 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), psycodad (1)

@JJG have been thinking a bit about what you said about spending some btc, and replacing it. Looked into some memorable ways of spending my first btc, and came across an island(https://wikitravel.org/en/Big_Corn_Island) I think we all need to visit at some point, it even has a floating Bitcoin bar(https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g612405-d24092796-Reviews-Bit_Coin_Island_Bar-Big_Corn_Island_Corn_Islands_Southern_Atlantic_Autonomous_Re.html)!

Has any one got some good/memorable suggestions for your first BTC purchase?

Will absolutely replace what I spend tho!

Do I get that right, you plan to spend BTC for something just for the sake of spending BTC and plan to later buy it back?

Can't follow this line of thought to be honest. Spending BTC is not fun, it's always painful as you sold always too early. Buying BTC is the fun part.

Again (mis-)quoting JimboToronto with: "Buy if you can, sell if you have to."

My reasoning is more on the utility of btc, wanting to transact in it and learn how to do that. Up to this point I buy, I transact to btc address and thats all great but I haven't sent/sold any for anything physical or a service. So yes your right I just want to spend some for the sake of it, and I 'm asking if anyone has anything memorable they have done for their "first time"

I get the Jimbo quote, only do it when you need to. But when I need to, I need to know how to do it too.

I tend to think about spend and replace in more manageable levels, and so any kind of spends that you do really would not even have to be anything very memorable or big, since it seems that the BIGGER the spend, then potentially the more difficult to replace... unless you already have a few thousand dollars that you have in your bank account and then you spend that few thousand using bitcoin (since you found a place that accepts bitcoin for your hotel or flight or food or something like that), and so then you plan your spend and replace accordingly.

...<snip>

Good point, doesn't have to be a huge amount it could just as be an smaller amount, the transaction is the learning and a little bit just to do something fun. Maybe i wait until pizza day next year and do that Smiley
Greyhats

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 05:16:47 PM

What I am hearing is that we really need to find new ways to market Bitcoin to the ignorant masses.

"Everyone buys bitcoin at the price they deserve"

I hold dear to this mantra, we dont need to promote BTC. Its gone mainstream there is an awareness of it, but whether someone goes deeper or not is a personal decision.

I have given up talking to people about, really because of the hostility i receive mostly.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 5277

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 05:17:25 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

I think we need to be extreme carefull with the movements, because now we have some super HUGE players into the BTC, the problem with this pre announced Bullish market is the preannounced part.

So much people is gonna take debt to buy BTC because " is gonna be UP right now after the Halving", "is gonna be UP just after the FED announce", and with that the BIG players can destroy you manipulating the market. So take so much care dont be an idiot and play the long game.

I know a lot of people here is gonna say my comment is shit, but guys we are a 0.0001% of the world and most of here for sure are always be in profit because you enter so much early.But the outside world is diferent.

You're comment is not shit, it is 1000% dead on the money.

The best time to buy BTC is when it is way down, kicked in the mud, and nobody cares.

Not when "some event occurred" or "some event is about to occur".
Greyhats

View Profile
September 20, 2024, 05:26:30 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (15), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Go to sleep, dream a dream that you want, tomorrow you become a millionaire.

Nothing is instant, patience is needed.

Just hold.
how do I dream dreams that I want ?

Start by learning the techniques in this article...

https://www.bettersleep.com/blog/is-it-possible-to-control-your-dreams

I think that it relates to the idea of controlling your lucid dreams.

I am not personally claiming to know how to do it.

I remember having powerful dreams when I began taking magnesium + zinc supplements (a doctor recommended them). The dreams were almost like feature-length movies, complete with plot, twists & turns and everything. I was looking forward to going to sleep, wondering what dream I would have.

I have now stopped taking supplements (trying to take my nutrients from natural sources), and the dreams have subsided. I still have them, but not as intense and complex as when I was taking the supplements. Or maybe I do have them, but can't remember them? It's interesting how a chemical change can affect you in different ways...

During one particular year I got into "lucid dreaming". I didn't take any supplments/mind altering drugs etc, i focussed in on trying to be aware that i was asleep. I did this by setting alarms throughout my sleep cycle. I did this alot and while it worked it fucked up my sleeping patterns for a long time.

I was only every able to have two types of lucid dreams, I was like the wind I could go anywhere i wanted and could fly there. I could feel the wind blowing against my face, I was aware I was dreaming and I could feel some emotions. I could feel some physical sensations, like standing on beach I could feel the sand in my toes or leaning against a wall I could feel the brick pattern with shoulder. It was very odd but enjoyable. The second type I could observe a scene, sort of like an out of body experience is described. It was very uncomfortable, I could hear people taking and watching them do things. I couldn't interact with them I was like a ghost, present but couldn't feel anything physical.

I was an interesting time, the only thing that still happens sometimes now many many years later, is that I will experience sleep paralysis. You wake up and you can't move for a bit. I blame myself for fucking around with this but once the realization kicks in the panic goes away and you can kind of make yourself come out of it. I do miss the flying tho!
Pages: « 1 ... 33698 33699 33700 33701 33702 33703 33704 33705 33706 33707 33708 33709 33710 33711 33712 33713 33714 33715 33716 33717 33718 33719 33720 33721 33722 33723 33724 33725 33726 33727 33728 33729 33730 33731 33732 33733 33734 33735 33736 33737 33738 33739 33740 33741 33742 33743 33744 33745 33746 33747 [33748] 33749 33750 33751 33752 33753 33754 33755 33756 33757 33758 33759 33760 33761 33762 33763 33764 33765 33766 33767 33768 33769 33770 »
  Print  

Jump to: