April 25, 2024, 02:10:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 6359 6360 6361 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 [6400] 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 ... 33299 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:00:47 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:27:49 AM

Lots of good news everyday. The next bull run will be out of this world !
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:00:46 AM

Explanation
mooncake

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:08:34 AM

Circle Reveals Roadmap for Bringing Bitcoin to Mainstream Market

Bullish?
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:08:42 AM

That buy wall of market depth is getting FUCKING PHAT !!!

Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:12:11 AM

Chinese miners still gotta sell.

Yeah, and even whales have to pay the bills sometimes.

I think TERA summed it up best: we have a prolonged stand-off between holders - who believed that bitcoin is worth thousands of $$$ so are not even remotely interested in selling at these levels - and fresh fiat like me, who may be thinking that at current prices risk/reward ratio for bit coin is not that great, market is practically frozen so trading is almost impossible, so they are gradually moving out to other investments.
MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:22:09 AM

at current prices risk/reward ratio for bit coin is not that great, market is practically frozen so trading is almost impossible, so they are gradually moving out to other investments.

I don't see how someone rational can come to that conclusion.
Risk/reward ratio not that great ?

People who evaluate the risk/reward ratio of bitcoin as poor really deserve to sell now, more or less at the bottom.
I don't think there is any investment that has a better risk/reward ratio - unless you are extremely risk averse.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:25:54 AM

at current prices risk/reward ratio for bit coin is not that great, market is practically frozen so trading is almost impossible, so they are gradually moving out to other investments.

People who evaluate the risk/reward ratio of bitcoin as poor really deserve to sell now, more or less at the bottom.
I don't think there is any investment that has a better risk/reward ratio - unless you are extremely risk averse.

LOL, it does seem that I am not only "irrational" person here - somehow we do not see many people buying this "best investment ever". I am not selling either, I have never owned a bit coin. I am just sharing how it looks like form my perspective as someone who was interested in investing in bit coin since beginning of this year but decided recently to move on.
YipYip

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:26:48 AM

Correct

Bitcoin is the poster child of HIGH risk reward ratio

YipYip

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:27:57 AM

LOL, it does seem that I am not only "irrational" person here - somehow we do not see many people buying this "best investment ever". I am not selling either, I have never owned a bit coin. I am just sharing how it looks like form my perspective as someone who was interested in investing in bit coin since beginning of this year but decided recently to move on.

Good ...bye bye

Wait ..you are still hanging around here like a old fart that wont go away ...Huh??
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:28:02 AM

EDIT: I am not risk averse at all - I have been trading penny stocks and options at college already Wink Bitcoin has been best investment ever early on, but at this point in time I see better options. We will see in a couple of years who was right.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:30:41 AM

Good ...bye bye

Wait ..you are still hanging around here like a old fart that wont go away ...Huh??

I am afraid I become another Jorge - observing bit coin attics is very interesting and sometimes amusing, especially when you have no money invested. I am also still interested in crypto currencies and may change my decision about not investing in bit coin if price will go lower.
MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:41:45 AM

Well I am buying. And all the bitcoins for sale at 400-430 have been bought. If you have BTC for sale at 430, contact me.
Enough people are buying to take out of the market all mined coins, seized coins, stolen coins for sale and all the coins used for purchases.
We were not seeing many people buying during all flat periods. Normal, healthy.
Actually many more people are buying BTC during this flat period than during all past flat periods, at least in USD terms.
Wedge is going all the way to mid-june, we should remain more or less flat until then.
Everything happens through cycles. Most of the buying of bitcoin happens during short periods of time when people become afraid of missing out. Nobody knows when such period will start again. Many know that it will soon enough.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 05:42:43 AM

I am afraid I become another Jorge - observing bit coin attics is very interesting and sometimes amusing, especially when you have no money invested. I am also still interested in crypto currencies and may change my decision about not investing in bit coin if price will go lower.

Say "bit coin" one more time!
It's bitcoin!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:46:57 AM

It's Thursday, is this just the Bitcoin Investment Trust on its weekly shopping spree?

Yeah, this time they bought ~341 BTC.

Actually, I am not sure if it is bullish - they keep buying but the price stays the same. Think what would happen if they would stop buying - or start selling.

I wouldn't think too much about it... hehehe.

Why? They sort of have a "ticking bomb" design - you are only allowed to sell after holding for 6 months. So they may have many investor who bought high and want out, but they have to wait some time, until this 6 months will pass.

You have been reading too many of Jorge's posts.    Cheesy   

What I mean is that the potential negative scenario that you are describing is NOT as highly likely as you are making it out to be.   

In this regard, if an investment fund is attempting to appeal to institutional investors or larger investors with a longer time horizon, the larger investors know the drill and they understand the terms of the agreement in that the investment is longer term (and NOT trading), and the investor understands the need to stick with the minimum time-period whether good or bad, and hopefully institutional investors and investment funds are sufficiently diversified in order to have varying performance of different assets that are contained within their portfolio.

I am of the belief that there are trade offs, and different kinds of investments appeal to different kinds of investors.  Even though  some kinds of investments may NOT be suitable for a day trader, institutional investors are usually long term... or at least longer term in their choices, and 6 months is NOT a burdensome commitment for an institutional investor.

I agree that institutional investors act very differently than most individual investors or people around here. But Second Market is not for institutional investors, it is for individual folks, just a bit more wealthy than average. The "first 6 month selling ban" is not a guideline, it is simply prohibited. Meaning that Second Market believed their investor would be prone to panic selling, just as the regular folks. So far, their have pretty bad record of buying high, that is why I believe they would be also prone to selling low. Not Barry fault at all, he has on influence on these decision other than this 6 months selling ban.

Btw, you sound a bit if you believe I am trying to sell some agenda. I am just expressing my views, like anybody else on this forum. I am neither long or short in bit coin, and actually decided not to buy it, so I would not gain whatever happens with the price.

I may have been a little accusatory in my tone; however, I did NOT mean anything personal.   I was merely attempting to make the point that businesses may structure themselves in various ways in order to attract a certain kind of clientele.  Whether that structure/approach is a good business strategy or NOT, we cannot always be sure.   I suppose that if I was accusing you of anything, then the accusation would be that you seemed to have been, in my thinking, too critical of Second Market's business strategy, and I personally, do NOT see their business strategy as a problem, unless they were engaging in some kind of trickery (which does NOT seem to be the case).  In essence, whether Second Market is attempting to appeal to institutional investors or regular individuals, you seem to be conceding that they are attempting to appeal to longer term investors rather than day traders.  In my thinking, absent other variations, the targeting of longer term investors could be a good marketing strategy for second market, as a business, and it can be good for bitcoin to have various options in the kinds of investments that you can make (depending upon whether you are willing and/or able to meet their conditions). 

In the end, it seems that we do NOT really disagree, and we are phrasing matters a little bit differently.  In the end,  I learned from your responses.  Wink

YipYip

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:49:21 AM

EDIT: I am not risk averse at all - I have been trading penny stocks and options at college already Wink Bitcoin has been best investment ever early on, but at this point in time I see better options. We will see in a couple of years who was right.

You really have no idea do you

"Couple of Years" I loled

Also what OTHER OPPORTUNITIES have the potential to give you a 1000% return that are not on late night shoppiung channel

"The exciting world of Ostrich Farms"
"Binary trading"

Enter your sugestion here ___________  ?
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:51:01 AM

Say "bit coin" one more time!
It's bitcoin!

I know Sad. But it is being autocorrected for me. Is there a way to switch it off?
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:54:04 AM

You really have no idea do you

"Couple of Years" I loled

Also what OTHER OPPORTUNITIES have the potential to give you a 1000% return that are not on late night shoppiung channel

"The exciting world of Ostrich Farms"
"Binary trading"

Enter your sugestion here ___________  ?

Well, you are apparently one of the believers that if the price raised 10 times last year, it will most likely raise 10 times this year and next. I do not believe in exponential growth line - just normal markets bull and bear cycles. Now I guess I will be asked again to leave this discussion forum that sometimes resembles more a support group Wink.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:57:52 AM

Well I am buying. And all the bitcoins for sale at 400-430 have been bought. If you have BTC for sale at 430, contact me.
Enough people are buying to take out of the market all mined coins, seized coins, stolen coins for sale and all the coins used for purchases.
We were not seeing many people buying during all flat periods. Normal, healthy.
Actually many more people are buying BTC during this flat period than during all past flat periods, at least in USD terms.
Wedge is going all the way to mid-june, we should remain more or less flat until then.
Everything happens through cycles. Most of the buying of bitcoin happens during short periods of time when people become afraid of missing out. Nobody knows when such period will start again. Many know that it will soon enough.

As I said, I never owned bitcoin, so I could never sell them, neither and I do not have any for sale. If by some strange coincidence I would have some at this moment (meaning I would still not sell in the 6th month of the bear market) I would most likely hold now, the market seems indecisive and may go up or down or worse stay like that for months.

EDIT: I understand that your "contact me to sell at $430 was mostly rhetoric - but why any rational person do it if they can be sold higher on any exchange?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:58:49 AM

Why the dump on Huobi? Can't find anything about it. Help me

Why not? I mean, nobody is asking "why the pump?", why do we need a special reason for the dump? Just basic laws of demand and supply - apparently not enough buyers atm at Huobi to support the current price. Knowing Huobi, 15 mins from now it can change dramatically again  Wink Wink

Maybe, but looking at the charts it was a significant dump. It's not common whale behavior and definitely not a smart move. Why would he exit with a market sell? There are some rumors about bad news in the upcoming weekend, but I honestly can't find anything else. Until I find more information I'll assume that he dumped... because he wanted to dump, right

He may be dumping b/c he is hoping for a reaction from other exchanges, and when he does NOT get very much of a reaction, then he may decide to adjust his BTC buy/sell/hodl strategy and rethink the responsiveness of the rest of the BTC market to chinese exchanges.  It may be the case that if the various chinese exchanges have become less liquid, the those chinese exchanges are going to have to adjust BTC prices downward somewhat b/c of that  illiquitity?  If in the future, the chinese exchanges return to a more liquid status, then BTC prices can be more closely aligned with other exchanges.  In other words, the chinese exchanges may be coming to learn that their status has been downgraded and the BTC price market is finding a new comfortable downgraded equilibrium.  5-10% downgrade?
Pages: « 1 ... 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 6359 6360 6361 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 [6400] 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 ... 33299 »
  Print  

Jump to: