Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-mix.com  (Read 527 times)
Roll the Bones (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:04:45 PM

Yes, I am a %@#!$* idiot.

When I did a search for bitcoin mixers these clowns came up in the top 5, so I just assumed they were reputable. Not sure how they managed that search result.

I did several small transactions with them without issue. In fact, for each one they added on 3% or so (which was not advertised or expected). I guess this should have raised the red flag...

I wanted to ask if someone could tell me what the technical status of the transaction is... on btc.blockr.io the hash shows my ultimate deposit address (ie, what bitcoin-mix was supposed to mix and forward to), but all the amounts are 0 BTC and there are zero transactions listed.  In terms of the transaction into the mixer, that has 20+ confirmations and is complete.

I'm not a blockchain expert. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

btw- I did email them over 12h ago with no response. Also, the phone number listed on their site is always busy..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 04:12:07 PM

I've never heard of this website before.

When I did a search for bitcoin mixers these clowns came up in the top 5, so I just assumed they were reputable. Not sure how they managed that search result.
What website?

It's unfortunate that you likely got scammed. If you need a reputable mixer, then use: http://bitmixer.io/

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Roll the Bones (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:16:46 PM

I've never heard of this website before.

What website?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 04:21:22 PM

I've just found it. You shouldn't trust random search results. It's not uncommon to find scam or phishing websites that way. The same goes for advertising. We've seen plenty of cases of phishing mixer/wallet websites.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Roll the Bones (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:26:27 PM

I've just found it. You shouldn't trust random search results. It's not uncommon to find scam or phishing websites that way. The same goes for advertising. We've seen plenty of cases of phishing mixer/wallet websites.

Right. They must have worked some SEO magic to get that high in the rankings, given all the reputable mixers that should have been placed higher in the results.

But anyway, is there some way to tell if they have run off with my coins yet via the blockchain?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 04:27:53 PM

But anyway, is there some way to tell if they have run off with my coins yet via the blockchain?
Well, if the money from the deposited address has moved somewhere and you have not received anything, yes. You can follow the money.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Roll the Bones (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:19:15 PM

Well, if the money from the deposited address has moved somewhere and you have not received anything, yes. You can follow the money.

Yes, makes sense.

I just looked over my previous mixes that were successful (at bitcoin-mix). The deposit addresses (at the mixer) are still holding the coins. There has been no output yet from any of them.
shitmixer

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:08:53 AM

i have the same problem with this website, no btc output!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 11:17:03 AM

Why did you use a random mixer website in the first place?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Roll the Bones (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:14:47 PM

Why did you use a random mixer website in the first place?

People are fooled because they come up high in search rankings I believe. Also, the website itself looks professional.

They are very tricky.. they let small amounts go through to gain your confidence. Then once you are lured in and send a larger amount they rob you.

I have emailed them several times with no response. The phone number they list for support is constantly busy.

My coins still have not been transferred (and are still sitting in their deposit address). It's safe to say now that bitcoin-mix is a scam without reservation.

I would love for justice to be served in this case. I don't care about recovering my money so much, but it would be nice if we could somehow stop these people from scamming others. If anyone is interested please contact me. I'd definitely to willing to invest $$$ into shutting down these thieves.
shitmixer

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:05:54 PM

here you can see my nice status:

https://bitcoin-mix.com/status/1EkuXaTMfxN1is15tK3TorD1rAMqbPzCDH/OFYB

i was stupid that was it with bitcoins for me. To many scammer on the network
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: