Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 09:52:16 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 95642 times)
daronch

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:05:11 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?

This is a very interesting question. I think it is possible if in the future other cryptocurrencies supersede it in value and acceptance in many important countries, it may cause bitcoin to slowly die off. Or maybe a saturation of the cryptocurrency market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kotbi

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:09:44 AM

one day, it would cost more electricity to mine. so there is no profit at all for any miners in the world. the price would drop, it would cause FUD and bitcoin will die

████→→       ● BitMEX, trade bitcoin and altcoins using 100X leverage   Use this link to sign up and get 10% off fees for 6 months

████→→       ● BitMEX, 100倍杠杆交易比特币和山寨币  设在香港,提供中文支持, 用此链接开户前6个月节省10%的交易费
smookyjaidev

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:08:56 AM

I think it is not possible,if network dead then only bitcoin will die.bitcoin banned by government then only it will possible.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 630

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:38:45 AM

I think it is not possible,if network dead then only bitcoin will die.bitcoin banned by government then only it will possible.
There are few government that banned bitcoin and bitcoin is still a live so i don't think that banning bitcoin will push its death because bitcoin is a strong cryptocurrency and nothing can stop bitcoin even if the internet will shutdown, bitcoin will still be there and will comeback as long as the internet goes online again.

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:43:06 AM

There are few government that banned bitcoin and bitcoin is still a live so i don't think that banning bitcoin will push its death because bitcoin is a strong cryptocurrency and nothing can stop bitcoin even if the internet will shutdown, bitcoin will still be there and will comeback as long as the internet goes online again.
yes i agree i really dont believe that bitcoin will going to die.because it has a great demand.i think if the demand is low it can also get low in terms of value but if we say it is going to die no! It is not possible

Proton2233

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:46:43 AM

Bitcoin will not die never. It's the whole economy which is not subject to the government and functions only on mathematical laws. This is a perfect example in order to run the economy of any country if the officials did not steal money from the budget.

Theb

Activity: 392

VIABET.IO PRE-ICO | NOV 14

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:11:19 PM

Actually the banning process is only a temporary action by a government. Look at the years before, all U.S. States before totally made Marijuana illegal to be use right now there are certain states in which smoking pot is totally legal. If this countries see the benefits of Bitcoin to their economy it will totally rescind the ban on Bitcoin. Look at the Russian Government from what I know they are overturning the ban on Bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 ██                   █
█     ██  ██     ███ 
 █   ██   ██    ██ ██
  ██ ██    ██   ██  
█  ██     ██  ██     █    
 █                   ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
WORLD’S FIRST CLOUD BETTING PLATFORM
♦    Whitepaper  Bounty  Telegram  Twitter  Facebook   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
      ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ██▀              ▀██
 █████      ██
██       ██           ██
██       ██▄       ██
██       ██▀▀       ██
██       ██           ██
 ██      ██
  ██▄              ▄██
   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀████████▀▀
Jordan_Hodge

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 03:37:11 PM

Err, a criminal gang kidnap the U.S. Presidents daughter and demand BTC for payment... I think Mr Trump might react badly to this.

Trippki Presale is on https://trippki.com/presale
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:48:50 PM

Bitcoin will not die never. It's the whole economy which is not subject to the government and functions only on mathematical laws. This is a perfect example in order to run the economy of any country if the officials did not steal money from the budget.
The way and at the speed Bitcoins are becoming popular all over the world, I don't think so bitcoins will disappear from the face of Earth for next 50 years. People are so much enjoying this digital currency they want it to be legal as soon as possible so that they can use Bitcoins for their daily life purposes. The economy of a particular state can be made more stable by introducing Bitcoins as a currency because no fraud can be done with this currency.

███
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████████
          ██████████████████████
                         ████████
         ████████████      ███████
          ███████████        █████
            █████████        ██████
                █████         █████
                █████         █████
                █████        ██████
                █████        █████
                █████      ███████
                █████    ████████
                ███████████████
                █████████████
                ██████████
IDivi ProjectI
  ◤
  ▶
  ◣
❖❖❖ CRYPTO MADE EASY ❖❖❖
IDesigned for mass adoption by billion of people.I
  ◥
  ◀
  ◢
ICO
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Oct. 27th - Nov. 23rd
  ◤
  ▶
  ◣
♦ Whitepaper
♦ Telegram
♦ Website

Kaller

Activity: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:21:28 PM

There is the main threat which is the government.
If the government wants to kill Bitcoin they could do so quite easily.
All they need to do is shut down the exchanges (seize domain addresses, servers, etc.).

Without them, no one can trade or exchange Bitcoins easily online.
Everything will be done in person, which is not realistic.
So we should be kind to the government... I think banks will soon lobby against Bitcoin.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

shursight

Activity: 448

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:28:38 PM

at the moment i dont see bitcoin dying in a near future, just because there is a lot of speculation around this coin, so it is pretty impossible for it to one day just dissappear, imagine what could happen if you just woke up anyday and notice that bitcoin doesnt exist anymore... even it cant happen because right now Banks and Central Banks are investing on it... so there is more speculation
lets keep buying guys, we are doing it well

███           ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄           ███       ▀███          ▀██▄ ▄██▀          ███▀
            ███         ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄         ███         ███          ▀█████           ███
            ███       ▄███▀            ▀███▄       ███          ▀██▄         ▄███▄         ▄██▀
            ███      ███▀                ▀███      ███            ███       ███▀███       ███
            ███     ███▀                  ▀███     ███             ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███               ███▄██▀       ▀██▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                ▀███▀         ▀███▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███     ███▄                  ▄███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███      ███▄                ▄███      ███                 ███           ███
           ███▀       ▀███▄            ▄███▀       ▀███                ███           ███
██▄▄▄  ▄▄▄███▀          ▀████▄▄    ▄▄████▀          ▀███▄▄▄  ▄▄▄██     ███           ███
▀▀████████▀▀              ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀              ▀▀████████▀▀     ███           ███
           T H E   F U T U R E             
                       o f   B E A U T Y

▀█▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀█▄      ▄▄███▀▀▀▀
    ▄██     ▀▀▀     ▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▄ ██         ▄     ▀▀██▄
▀█▀█▀█▀▄       █▄     ▄██▀
               ▀████████
               ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

▄▄
     ▀█▀▀▀

█▄
     ███████▀▀▀
    █▄
      ▀▀▀▀▀
iphone5s

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:34:27 PM

Err, a criminal gang kidnap the U.S. Presidents daughter and demand BTC for payment... I think Mr Trump might react badly to this.

Maybe,this can aggravate the name of the bitcoin because it can be attributed to those people who play bitcoin.

Emily_Green

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:50:35 PM

As for me, Bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency. In my opinion, such a cryptocurrency may become Recoin. For example, I have never invested in Bitcoin but I'm going to invest $100 in Recoin tomorrow. I think that I'm not one such person and many people will invest in Recoin.
mevmike

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:19:42 PM

if the people who are using it losses trust on cryptocurrency...
But i cant see it right now, because now people are distancing themselves from fiat.
and until there is no better option other than cryptocurrency then it will not die..

Paid Piper

Activity: 376

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:47:22 PM

yes bitcoin is not going to die but it will remain and will continue for a long time, in fact bitcoin is becoming popular with the passage of time which is also making bitcoin more powerful and stronger.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 393

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:55:23 PM

yes that is right that bitcoin  will never die but will continue as for every, i think bitcoin will become more and more stronger from time to time and will really continue giving us profit.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Ekanenf

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:12:57 AM

This is ridiculous, even the U.S president can't touch the bitcoin since it is decentralized, and I think the U.S president will only buy some bitcoin, but the bitcoin would never die just because of that. Whatever happens, bitcoin will remains out there, even though it doesn't have any value at all. The decentralization of bitcoin is the one which makes it better and advance amongst all the coins here in the crypto world.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●    UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments    ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack         ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 28th August 2017
kotbi

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:00:05 AM

I kind of see the decentralized everything coming in the next decade. decentralized payment system, decentralized stcok exchange market, decentralized voting system, decentralized governance

████→→       ● BitMEX, trade bitcoin and altcoins using 100X leverage   Use this link to sign up and get 10% off fees for 6 months

████→→       ● BitMEX, 100倍杠杆交易比特币和山寨币  设在香港,提供中文支持, 用此链接开户前6个月节省10%的交易费
fanita

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:14:52 AM

Maybe bitcoin will die after no one uses his services anymore, as mining sites that have exhausted coins to be mined again and bitcoin will disappear once there is something new about mining.
But bitcoin will not die in my opinion and until whenever it is.

marcbitcoins

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:25:18 AM

Maybe bitcoin will die after no one uses his services anymore, as mining sites that have exhausted coins to be mined again and bitcoin will disappear once there is something new about mining.
But bitcoin will not die in my opinion and until whenever it is.

That is possible if other coins will emerge stronger that bitcoin but that will be maybe century from now specially even riches known people is convinced and considered bitcoins is unstopable. Even i was tempted to join the BTC because of its popularity.

<<|  ARToken by CAPPASITY  |>>
> Decentralized AR/VR Ecosystem for 3D Content Exchange <
> Follow Us:  facebook | twitter | linkedin | telegram | youtube | slack | google+ <
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.