Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 101745 times)
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:32:37 AM

Bitcoin would die if there would be some technology making it obsolete or some other altcoin that is so superior that takes place of btc. I dont see any way that Bitcoin can die.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:37:38 PM

Bitcoin would die if theres no already users on it because theres no demand then bitcoin would be useless because no one would like to buy it which means no value.We are just talking on the possibilities relating to circulation but speaking on technical if theres no internet then bitcoin cant circulate.
You are right. The primary key is the user can determine of bitcoin. Take a look the altcoin, they compete and make altcoin became uncertain. users remain while more make altcoin look dead.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:41:16 PM

Bitcoin would die if theres no already users on it because theres no demand then bitcoin would be useless because no one would like to buy it which means no value.We are just talking on the possibilities relating to circulation but speaking on technical if theres no internet then bitcoin cant circulate.

If we support segwit and then adopt LN then we can even make transactions on bitcoin without internet connection or offline. The only reason that will kill bitcoin is if the users will no longer buy and accept bitcoins then its value will be reduced to zero. When that time comes it becomes an ordinary digital number because people left it.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:00:24 PM

Bitcoin would die if there would be some technology making it obsolete or some other altcoin that is so superior that takes place of btc. I dont see any way that Bitcoin can die.
Yeah no digital currency is found superior to bitcoin. In the recent days ETH is the one that has become popular as well grown high following bitcoin. Bitcoin never dies. Past days a rival glorycoin got emerged based upon blockchain technology with advanced data management solutions and anonymity. In a short such coins gets vanished and bitcoin never dies.
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:18:14 PM

It is said that when quantum computing will be introduced,it would affect the block chain system.But, i hope it would take 20 more years to come.Devs should take appropriate measures to avoid such situations.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:35:11 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will die, it will have some value even if some new technology appear, people will collect it cause it's first of it's kind.
Everything around us is evolving, bitcoin will have the same destiny, and I think bitcoin will be only better with the time. Quantum computing is also technology, and why bitcon can adopt on it? For me all mentioned scenarios are lucky guessing, I think bitcoin is strong enough to survive all upcoming problems and threats.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:54:36 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will die, it will have some value even if some new technology appear, people will collect it cause it's first of it's kind.
Everything around us is evolving, bitcoin will have the same destiny, and I think bitcoin will be only better with the time. Quantum computing is also technology, and why bitcon can adopt on it? For me all mentioned scenarios are lucky guessing, I think bitcoin is strong enough to survive all upcoming problems and threats.

If you meant "adopt" meaning that bitcoin will survive the attack of quantum computers, then it will be because there's an algorithm that's going to counter quantum computing attacks. I wouldn't actually sweat the possibility of quantum computers finally going mainstream since it will be mainly used by other things. Bitcoin is just a small thing if you look at the bigger picture.

"Google's D-Wave 2X quantum computer can solve algorithms 100,000,000 faster than modern computing devices." (link) There's already a quantum computer and it can easily brute force its way to our accounts but it doesn't, why? Because there are far better things to do using a quantum computer.

whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:02:32 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 01:04:25 AM by whizter

i do not think that still there is any other currency which can take the place of bitcoin, because still there is no such a close currency to bitcoin. we can see that the demand of bitcoin is increasing continously and hope that this trend will continue for a long time and the best proof is that bitcoin is now trading in 1290 USD level.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:05:35 PM

i do not think that still there is any other currency which can take the place of bitcoin, because still there is no such a close currency to bitcoin.
Absolutely right. It's not the right time talking about this issue.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:15:49 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 09:42:23 PM by Kevin77

natural disaster will not only effect internet but will also bring a big change throughout the world. it will even effect all aspect of life. but in normal routine i think there is no chance that internet will down and hope that bitcoin will continue increasing from time to time and we will get enjoyment from it.
Definitely, the world is entering a new digital era and we are relaying on internet more and more becoming a vital thing in our lives, we use for food of entertainment and for economy and I don’t think that it is going to go away for a really long time, and bitcoin presents the best way to adopt to this new world.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:30:25 PM

I see the possibility that Bitcoin will eventually perish on his own success. As you know, Bitcoin has pretty technological limits at the current state.
Even at highs at the beginning of the year there were more than 30k unconfirmed transactions. They have all bottled-up. My transactions were confirmed at the standard fee after 17 hours. If suddenly one million more people would use Bitcoin actively, then it would be problematic for Bitcoin and its infrastructure network.
the.scientist

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:33:02 PM

Only if all the miners around the world stop mining. Any cryptocurrency using PoW algorithm could not survive in such a scenario. But this is very unlikely to happen.
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:35:55 PM

The time has gone when it was thought that bitcoin will ever die. Now bitcoin is a powerful currency and people from all over the world have benefit from bitcoin and they want to support it for more strength as if bitcoin will develop more we will get more benefits.
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:03:06 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 11:03:28 AM by justdimin

natural disaster will not only effect internet but will also bring a big change throughout the world. it will even effect all aspect of life. but in normal routine i think there is no chance that internet will down and hope that bitcoin will continue increasing from time to time and we will get enjoyment from it.
Natural disaster is an exceptional case and I think it is not the point of discussion. I think it is hard for the bitcoin to die or decrease its popularity. I know nothing is impossible but if we see its latest progress and popularity I don’t think it will ever going to be happened.

In extreme cases, both bitcoin and human being will not survive. Nuclear disaster must be one of that kind. When human could not survive on this planet there will be no point of discussing about survival of bitcoin along with that.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:23:13 PM

The ability to sign a transactions without access to the secret key in enough instances is the only thing I really worry about.  Say through an undetected weakness in the necessary cryptography and/or built in back door in some crypto and/or hardware implementations.

Absent that I don't think it possible that Bitcoin would 'die', though various things could drastically change it's trajectory.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:59:45 PM

maybe that was the reason the most reasonable bitcoin replaced by cryptocurrency better technology and beyond bitcoin. users would be interested in something nicer maybe it's one of the reasons
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:56:57 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?

I think that will happen if the no investors will get trust into bitcoin. After that bitcoin users will be gone at once in this industry , when it happen it will surely the value drop as like a skyrocket crashing on the ground. And centralization will be declared to all nation.
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:02:09 AM

Bitcoin will be die if peoples with massive fund race to collect bitcoin and they just hold it. Just hold bitcoin and no one spend it with any transactions will make bitcoin price fall. If you see the price by now, you can beleive me that bitcoin got touch this highest price because of peoples now have trust on this cryptocurrency, and they start doing transactions with bitcoin. Buy it and spend it to buy some goods or services. Bitcoin is still alive because the users spend it everyday.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:03:29 AM

If people are unable to process timely transactions and the utility becomes more difficult for services that provide transactions for users.
That or the security in the cryptography is broken and is not updated promptly.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:07:59 AM

If people are unable to process timely transactions and the utility becomes more difficult for services that provide transactions for users.
That or the security in the cryptography is broken and is not updated promptly.

Couldn't there be implemented a way specifically designed for businesses? Like a blockchain storage unit that will hold all transactions that are made during the day and then later on sync them with blockchain.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: