Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 101745 times)
foxbat

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:39:17 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
when all users are in the same situation, that is panic and make them sell all bitcoin they have, but for that to happen.
seems to be very difficult to happen

Likely bitcoin will die in the future could happen. Anything that exists can disappear as well, that we can't predict.The death of bitcoin can stem from many different reasons. Bitcoin depends on the interest of people. About security, value, or is will there is a type of money other technical alternatives.It is the hypothesis that we can put out. And I don't hope that will happen.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:08:49 AM

This will not happen if the bitcoin will die in a law because it stated that occur only on the legality of the State only certain countries or because of a decline in the value of bitcoin but now more and more are using bitcoin. If you think bitcoin won't die all the time in fact will be the digital currency for the future in the future because there are already a number of countries that ratified the bitcoin in General

Are you replying to my post? 'Cause If you do, we have the same idea here, I'm against the thing that BTC will die to just some LAW. Because BTC is decentralized, no one is handling this digital currency, not the banks and not even the government. In fact no one can stop BTC, and I mean no one.

It is true that some countries have already banned BTC, but there are also some countries that have already accepted BTC.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:11:34 AM

I think the only way that Bitcoin will go die, is when the TOTAL BREAKDOWN happen, and what I mean about this is not just the internet, but every electronically powered devices or machines, all the power lines are cut down and no power at all, world wide. This is what will kill Bitcoin. I know this is a little off topic but you get the idea right?
Yes you are right. There is no other way to stop bitcoin because even if the government don’t legalize it people will still use it. It can only happen in a way when all the power stuff will be down and this can only happen in a situation of third world war. Where the infra-structure will be damaged as a whole.
silverkamote

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:17:57 AM

no i dont think bitcoin would die. just like any physical curiencies they dont die but they somehow decrease there precious value (dump) and then next day or a month there value increase again (pump). its a dump and pump system for curiencies
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:47:42 AM

no i dont think bitcoin would die. just like any physical curiencies they dont die but they somehow decrease there precious value (dump) and then next day or a month there value increase again (pump). its a dump and pump system for curiencies
Bitcoin is very different from physical currencies and bitcoin is not supported or controlled by any organization or people because it is decentralized and it is only depending in the demand of the market or the people that are buying and selling bitcoins so bitcoin can die if bad things will happen and if bitcoin will not be stable yet.
fabianabank

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:46:35 AM

there so many ideas, but for sure law couldnt proibite btc
welligon

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:03:08 AM

Bitcoin would die when there is no one use bitcoin or when we have new digital currency that have big potential than bitcoin.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:59:54 PM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
Currently since bitcoin is growing, I don't see any reason why bitcoin would die in any perspective. I'm optimistic in what I'm investing thus I don't consider such things that could affect me negatively and something I know that will not happen. If people have an optimistic mind, none of negative will happen.

Yeah, there is no doubt in my heart for bitcoin. Bitcoin is too strong to be destroyed by anything in this 3rd world. It continues on rising above the ground and traveling its path to its right destination, with many investors, buyers, and users of bitcoin, the demand is increasing also making it more solid and stronger.
NanaLelyakova

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:18:08 PM

Bitcoin won't die, before this happen an improvement will be chosen to be implemented. The question is if it will have a hard fork or not. I personalyl don't like the idea, I think it's very bad for the Bitcoin unity that was built along the years, but the transaction fees can't continue increasing like now and the delay can't continue. All we can do is to wait and see what happens... Huh Huh
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:21:17 PM

Bitcoin would die when there is no one use bitcoin or when we have new digital currency that have big potential than bitcoin.

That would be the only way that bitcoin will die if there's no more user, then it means it's already dead. As there is no more interest that will be gotten by bitcoin. And while there are still people who trust it and will depend their investments into it, bitcoin will never die even there's a lot of rumors and bad news showing up.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fabianabank

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:40:44 AM

Maybe that's why bitcoin had a fall for this week? Is it starting to split market with ETH?
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:23:43 AM

There are no prerequisites for the death of bitcoin, I do not see. This can happen only in the case if bitcoins will be a worthy competitor. Any state can attempt to do something like that, but who trusts the government?
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:36:06 PM

Yes you are right. There is no other way to stop bitcoin because even if the government don’t legalize it people will still use it.
I agree, the government will never get their hands on the BTC whatever they'll do since its decentralized.
It can only happen in a way when all the power stuff will be down and this can only happen in a situation of third world war. Where the infra-structure will be damaged as a whole.
Yeah, talk about post apocalyptic setting.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:50:59 PM

There are no prerequisites for the death of bitcoin, I do not see. This can happen only in the case if bitcoins will be a worthy competitor. Any state can attempt to do something like that, but who trusts the government?
No demand in the market, no miners, no supporters, no development. Those are just a few scenarios that can happen in bitcoin and it will make bitcoin instantly death in terms of price and market so i think we should avoid those things because those things are the common cause for a cryptocurrency to die. So if we do things against those causes then we will probably avoid them.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:54:58 PM

I think the only way that Bitcoin will go die, is when the TOTAL BREAKDOWN happen, and what I mean about this is not just the internet, but every electronically powered devices or machines, all the power lines are cut down and no power at all, world wide. This is what will kill Bitcoin. I know this is a little off topic but you get the idea right?

I agree with you maybe in an emergency maybe bitcoin will die, such as absence of internet connection and  dissolution of all power grid due to the terrible factor of natural disaster or because of war.
Because i think as long as things are still running normally then bitcoin will not die, if there is still a stable connection or power grid.
Yes and that too when you know that the internet is not going to be connected for more than two months at least.
In normal situation we can never say that bitcoin is going to die because it is growing continuously. The number of bitcoin users is increasing every next day and is becoming a worldwide used currency.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:26:38 PM

I agree with you maybe in an emergency maybe bitcoin will die, such as absence of internet connection and  dissolution of all power grid due to the terrible factor of natural disaster or because of war.
Because i think as long as things are still running normally then bitcoin will not die, if there is still a stable connection or power grid.
Yes and that too when you know that the internet is not going to be connected for more than two months at least.
In normal situation we can never say that bitcoin is going to die because it is growing continuously. The number of bitcoin users is increasing every next day and is becoming a worldwide used currency.
i think it is impossible that bitcoin connection will remain as disconnected for more that 2 months, we cannot imagine a single day without internet, internet is now the main and basic component of our life and i think most of our governments are depending on internet, so it is not possible that internet will remain as disconnected for 2 months and therefore bitcoin will remain and wil survive for a long long time.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:30:13 PM

i think it is impossible that bitcoin connection will remain as disconnected for more that 2 months, we cannot imagine a single day without internet, internet is now the main and basic component of our life and i think most of our governments are depending on internet, so it is not possible that internet will remain as disconnected for 2 months and therefore bitcoin will remain and wil survive for a long long time.

I agree internet has been a necessity now.  I cannot imagine a world without internet.  I believe if internet disconnects then lost of communication between companies and branches will be affected.  It won't be bitcoin alone but rather all the infrastructure that relies on internet.  Though I believe bitcoin will die when no one will mine it.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:54:49 PM

i think it can only disconnected for a short time due to some technical problems but not for a long time or permanent ban. therefore we can expect that bitcoin will remain as for for ever and not going to die.
Hadmart

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:58:32 PM

I think will die when the whole internet in the world shut down because the internet makes cryptocurrency working so if that happens no one can see the coin and all of the coin will just remove because of the no internet.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:59:14 AM

One way that bitcoin would die would be if another type of online currency became so successful that it makes people completely ignore bitcoin.
Thats right, a successful competitor will make many users leave the bitcoin and join the competitors because they think it's more powerful, more profitable, more than bitcoin. Then the possibility of dead bitcoin will continue to exist. But until recently. There is still no competitor that could be an obstacle for bitcoin
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: