Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:48:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US City with Highest Bitcoin Presence/Adoption  (Read 1515 times)
antimattercrusader (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:58:34 PM

I hear things like Bitcoin ATMs, Bars that Accept Bitcoin, etc etc...

I am wondering, where is/are the cities with the highest concentration of Bitcoin adoption (In the United States)?

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:00:54 PM

Was wondering the same thing.  It would be great to open a Bitcoin Cafe' where people could show up to trade in person in a safe environment and of course buy my coffee, LoL.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:02:19 PM

Probably New York...

antimattercrusader (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:09:24 PM

I've been considering a brick and mortar business with caters to the bitcoin community...

I am from Texas... would like to do that here, we have a somewhat more libertarian attitude than alot of places, but I don't see there interest here as much as placed like mentioned New York.

nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:13:11 PM

Surprisingly though Bitcoin is very ubiquitous we've got sellers and customers from all over the world. Places I've never heard of and I am pretty versed in geography.

Pangia

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

So would the idea of a "Safe" place to conduct in person transactions (a Bitcoin Cafe) be something that might have legs?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:19:12 PM

The west coast is huge on Bitcoin.  The east coast...not so much.  I'm pretty sure San Francisco and all those other big western cities are where you're going to find the most Bitcoin presence.

turtlepower

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:49:51 PM

oregon
nevada
new hampshire
utah
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&geo=US&date=today%201-m&cmpt=geo
antimattercrusader (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:32:45 PM

Nice, Austin is pretty high on that list.

BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:16:32 PM

I would imagine parts of California like Silicon Valley and the Bay Area (san francisco and surrounding areas) are some of the most active in the us.

I know of a few coffee shops around that whole tech area in northern california that accept bitcoin. There's some sort of "bank" out there as well, not sure if it's up and running yet though and i forget the name.  Also a lot of tech venture capitalist's in silicon valley that are starting to invest money into bitcoin related startups.

Like others said though, it's pretty well spread out.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:25:43 PM

I heard Portland. Not sure if it's accurate but that's what the word is down by the docks.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:26:04 PM

So would the idea of a "Safe" place to conduct in person transactions (a Bitcoin Cafe) be something that might have legs?

I think it might . . an escrow service in the Bitcoin Cafe might provide a lot of value too. Maybe for smaller amounts <$100 ?

Not sure you'd need a license for that, best to check.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Pangia

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:37:53 PM

I think it might . . an escrow service in the Bitcoin Cafe might provide a lot of value too. Maybe for smaller amounts <$100 ?

Not sure you'd need a license for that, best to check.

I think that's being an "escrow" of sorts in the Cafe' would be of added value to the venture. Folks coming in would know that they aren't going to get jacked.  Makes a lot of sense.  Great idea.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
grantbdev

Activity: 292

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:29:26 AM

San Francisco comes to mind because they have a sushi place, a cupcake place, and probably a few other things that currently accept Bitcoin.

Don't use BIPS!
slilley

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:45:29 AM

FYI, I was at Capital Coin and Bullion in Austin yesterday and noticed they had a bitcoin sign up.  Not on the outside door, but by the counter.  I asked and one of their employees is "the bitcoin guy" but it looks possible to do business there in bitcoin.  Standard disclaimers apply, YMMV.  In addition to the gold and silver products you'd expect from a store with that name, they also cater to the "prepper" community and have shelf-stable food and ammo.  Perhaps other things too; I didn't have time to stay and chat but that was what I noticed.

http://capitalcoinandbullion.com/

No business or personal relationship, just a satisfied customer.
blakethesnake

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

I heard somewhere that the first Bitcoin ATMs were going to be placed in Cyprus and Los Angeles.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:59:16 AM

I think we do here in San Francisco. I read something or see something almost weekly here in the city. I just read this in the SF Chronicle: http://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/In-Bitcoins-we-don-t-trust-4431116.php. San Jose has the Memory Dealers sign on a main road that makes people aware. There are many key Bitcoin people that live in the greater BA. The 20mission project is here.  There are several brick & mortar stores accepting btc over the counter in SF. I don’t think even New York is as active as SF is in Bitcoin.

Hei_

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:17:57 AM

new york for sure
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: