Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Consortium  (Read 728 times)
samablog (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 01:02:35 PM

I was wondering if there was a Bitcoin Consortium set up akin to the Wi-Fi consortium, to test and validate products and ensure adherence to the standard.

It occurs to me that in the future, with private companies issuing Bitcoin wallets and other forms of software, that users will want some assurance that these products work.  Especially given that these companies or their products will be holding real money.  I know there's been a lot of talk about that guy who supposedly lost $500k in Bitcoin recently, but that's nothing compared to what could be lost if say a large private provider of wallet services or software just absconded will all the cash deposited.  I know that accounting firms offer things like SAS 70 audits, but that doesn't seem to fit the bill here.  Any thoughts?

Why exactly owns the Bitcoin logo?  Does anybody?  Some type of seal that is easily recognizable and is trademarked would be essential to making such a consortium work. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: