Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:37:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?)  (Read 2275836 times)
EMS-007

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:07:17 AM

Thanks for this very useful Thread which enlighten some of our possible queries!
This is why i always consider myself as Newbie because of the new Protocols or regulations implemented nor changed or added here at the forum!
Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
littlejohndjame

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:36:10 AM

this explain why I can't set my avatar and join other activities on channel  Cool Try to get a full member then
dantes37

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:58:57 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I already have Activity: 70 why do I get the rank of a Member?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:43:02 AM

Do you know about the new rule that became effective on 1/24/18 regarding merit?

You can see the OP of the below-linked thread and also discussion of such new merit system.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

In sum, you now need to receive 10 merit points to rank up from Jr member to member.

I just gave you 1 merit, so you can see it in your account (your profile page), and so now, you only need to get 9 more merits to rank up to member.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Cloverfield

Activity: 392
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:12:38 PM

I'm a big collector of the 'shiny things' underneath my name Cool As I am on the PlayStation too. I'm a real trophy hunter and I like to get Platinum on every game that I play.
A week or two ago this got a little interrupted for my future promotions inside the Bitcointalk forums. Although I have a LOOOOONG way to go towards a promotion to Sr. Member, considering my activity, since recently I have to collect Merit too for my shiny things Tongue At first, it was a little disappointing to say the least. But now I have more knowledge about the system and I must say, I embrace it. When I'm looking into a project which I like at first sight, I always check BTT threads for more information, and a lot of the times I lose interest because of all the spam on the thread (read: When this moon? When Lambo? When my tokens? This go up?). A lot of the times it's just to raise activity on the accounts and if this system will even prevent 20% of all these posts, it means the system works! I myself have a Signature too and I wear it with pride! When you have taken up a Signature Campaign, I consider myself to be like an Ambassador of the ICO/project you support, so you can't just post random things around and expect your reward at the end of the agreed date. You have to take in consideration that you will be reviewed and that you take your part seriously. So, I'm not sure what it will all mean, because I have to get A LOT of merits before I will reach a higher level in membership, but I will also need a lot more activity, so I'll see whatever goal of these two I will reach first. Hopefully I will add a shiny coin to my collection one day.. Theymos, the one who came up with the idea of merits is a member since February 2010 Shocked, which is just sick! 8 years on BTT, so he definetly earned his rights. I'm a member since 5 months now, so I'm not in any position to really question him. When I'm a member for 8 years, I will hopefully be a Legendary, just like him Roll Eyes

Cool Just keep collecting those 'shiny things' everyone! Cool

omnimanx1

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:51:51 PM

Awesome. Now I know! I usually just read the info on here and do not participate. I will now to get my rank up and be included.

THANKS bitcointalk!
FreeHamster

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:40:35 PM

Thanks heaps for the information, though I was wondering so when it says (time * 14, posts) does that mean the time *14 is added to the number of posts you make?

EGEM an exciting community driven project based on Ethereum network. Find out more at discord.egem.io or egem.io
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:02:48 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 11:29:00 PM by JayJuanGee

Thanks heaps for the information, though I was wondering so when it says (time * 14, posts) does that mean the time *14 is added to the number of posts you make?

Here is my understanding of approximately how the whole thing works.

Your post counts reflect the number of posts that you make, so nothing is added to that number (except for the number of your posts).

The adding to the number is the activity level.  So if you are in your first two weeks on the forum, then you can earn a maximum of 14 activity posts during that two weeks, if you post 14 times in those two weeks.  

So currently you have only been a member for a few days, and you have 9 posts and an activity level of 9.  You will max out at 14 for the first two weeks.  

Let's say, hypothetically, that you are posting on average more than 1 post per day, and just for argument sake, let's say that you are posting an average of 2 posts per day.  

In the first two weeks you will max out at an activity level of 14.  Then your activity level will be frozen at 14 until the next two week period, and under the hypothetical of posting an average of 2 posts per day, you will receive another 14 activity level all at once to go from 14 to 28, and the same is true for each subsequent activity level, if you have enough post more than an average of 14 per two weeks, then you receive the full 14 activity points added for the next two week period.

Further I think that you have to have posted at least 1 time in any two week activity period to receive activity points for that period, and you receive the full 14 activity points as long as your average is above 14 posts per each two week period of your membership period.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
mrox2011

Activity: 181

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:27:25 AM

I have joined in January 24, 2018.
and now i have 15 activity points.(less than two weeks)

Huh Huh Huh

is that first two weeks mean by month? or based on joining date? because i have reach 14 activity points on less than 2 weeks  Roll Eyes
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:38:48 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

PS: updated with a small note regarding the newest merit point changes.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:06:55 AM

I have joined in January 24, 2018.
and now i have 15 activity points.(less than two weeks)

Huh Huh Huh

is that first two weeks mean by month? or based on joining date? because i have reach 14 activity points on less than 2 weeks  Roll Eyes

The periods are fixed and the same for everyone, your registration date doesn't matter. You have now a potential activity of 28, as soon as you reach that number of posts, your activity will update as well.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dantes37

Activity: 112
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:42:17 AM

Do you know about the new rule that became effective on 1/24/18 regarding merit?

You can see the OP of the below-linked thread and also discussion of such new merit system.

In sum, you now need to receive 10 merit points to rank up from Jr member to member.

I just gave you 1 merit, so you can see it in your account (your profile page), and so now, you only need to get 9 more merits to rank up to member.

I did not know this, thank you.
zamolsix

Activity: 162
Merit: 5

FreeLancer, Video Editor and Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:53:15 AM

i am in the same situatiuon, how do you obtain merit ?

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ █  FreeLancer. Graphic Designer. Video Editor █ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂  
CurrencyMaster

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:33:23 PM

PS: updated with a small note regarding the newest merit point changes.
sir may i know how we can earn the merit system since i am here from july 2017 and i was not able to pitch in properly ,, this merit system is a bit confusing.. if you could redirect me to the post if possible would be a great help..
Thanks

█ █   TIPPER   |   THE SOCIAL ECONOMY   █ █
█████████     ICO LIVE NOW     █████████
━━━━━   WWW.TIPPERECONOMY.IO   ━━━━━
CurrencyMaster

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:37:38 PM

now there is a merit system, can jr member rank up to member although there is no merit, because for beginners like me it is very difficult to get merit, and have to fight hard to get it.

Thank you

I looked at some of your recent post history, and yeah, if you are posting in crappy threads (bounty, whatever the fuck that is), then it could be more difficult to receive merits.

The new merit system is described in the OP of the below linked thread... .which OP pretty much states that you need 10 merits to rank up from jr member to member status.

Looks like you already meet the activity requirements, you just need to get 10 merits.

sir this was an unexpected move to those who wished to reach full member and also higher ranks but a good way to filter scammers and others as well.. being here since july and bcz of the profession couldnt meet the requirements some how.. would like to really know how can we earn merit system.

rwishva

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:29:23 PM

Thanks and very helpful, but I found this through google search Wink anyway I found what I want with this post thanks again
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:26:08 PM

now there is a merit system, can jr member rank up to member although there is no merit, because for beginners like me it is very difficult to get merit, and have to fight hard to get it.

Thank you

I looked at some of your recent post history, and yeah, if you are posting in crappy threads (bounty, whatever the fuck that is), then it could be more difficult to receive merits.

The new merit system is described in the OP of the below linked thread... .which OP pretty much states that you need 10 merits to rank up from jr member to member status.

Looks like you already meet the activity requirements, you just need to get 10 merits.

sir this was an unexpected move to those who wished to reach full member and also higher ranks but a good way to filter scammers and others as well.. being here since july and bcz of the profession couldnt meet the requirements some how.. would like to really know how can we earn merit system.

None of us really knows how this merit system is going to play out exactly in terms of which posters are going to attract merit; however, there is speculation that quality of posts will go up by necessity of earning merit.  We are still in the early days.  I looked at a few of your recent post, and they seem pretty decent.  Therefore, I gave you one merit based on your mere quantity of posts over recent months.  

On the other hand, you may want to tighten up the quality of the posts with proper punctuation, capitalization, spelling out words rather than abbreviating, and just make sure you read several posts earlier in the thread to be contribute in a meaningful way with substance and possible insight and attempt to contribute to the ideas being discussed in the thread with ideas/facts/logic, and sometimes insightful questions.  

It seems that the more thoughtful your posts, then the better chance that your posts may have in attracting merit.. so getting the first 10 merits might NOT be difficult since you already have several posts out there and you can build upon your contributions... and also I think that it is good to just post within topics and threads that you like and attempt to be genuinely interested, interesting and to have fun with it all, and if you do those things while attempting to provide decent quality within your posts, you will likely attract at least some merit (maybe not as much as you would like ..yet  over time you will likely receive merit, without needing to beg for it, which would not be a good or credible practice).  

Also, once your receive two merits, then you will receive a sendable merit.  You can also possibly increase your credibility in the way that you award smerit - by identifying good post and highlighting those by either quoting them or writing about them or giving them a merit.

tokenomics

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:36:19 AM

Very helpful introduction for a newbie. It will take me some time to get another shiny coin on my profile  Undecided
CurrencyMaster

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:12:10 AM

Thank you

None of us really knows how this merit system is going to play out exactly in terms of which posters are going to attract merit; however, there is speculation that quality of posts will go up by necessity of earning merit.  We are still in the early days.  I looked at a few of your recent post, and they seem pretty decent.  Therefore, I gave you one merit based on your mere quantity of posts over recent months.  

On the other hand, you may want to tighten up the quality of the posts with proper punctuation, capitalization, spelling out words rather than abbreviating, and just make sure you read several posts earlier in the thread to be contribute in a meaningful way with substance and possible insight and attempt to contribute to the ideas being discussed in the thread with ideas/facts/logic, and sometimes insightful questions.  

It seems that the more thoughtful your posts, then the better chance that your posts may have in attracting merit.. so getting the first 10 merits might NOT be difficult since you already have several posts out there and you can build upon your contributions... and also I think that it is good to just post within topics and threads that you like and attempt to be genuinely interested, interesting and to have fun with it all, and if you do those things while attempting to provide decent quality within your posts, you will likely attract at least some merit (maybe not as much as you would like ..yet  over time you will likely receive merit, without needing to beg for it, which would not be a good or credible practice).  

Also, once your receive two merits, then you will receive a sendable merit.  You can also possibly increase your credibility in the way that you award smerit - by identifying good post and highlighting those by either quoting them or writing about them or giving them a merit.

Wow, You made it literally easy for me sir.I was looking at something like this throughout and never could find any.But you have given me a crystal clear picture now and happy that u have highlighted where all i need to improvise. thanks again for the merit as well as pointing out where i need to improvise .

ModGrip

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:34:27 AM

Ah ha. Now I see! Was trying to add my deep onion avatar and going crazy!
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: