Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:03:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 502 Bad Gateway  (Read 3985 times)
instacalm (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:06:36 PM

I'm currently getting a 502 Bad Gateway Error when trying to access beta.bitcointalk.org --

on another note,

is the day approaching at which I come to bitcointalk.org and am greeted with the new EpochTalk software by default? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:03:03 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2017, 08:02:08 PM by jackg

I'm currently getting a 502 Bad Gateway Error when trying to access beta.bitcointalk.org --

on another note,

is the day approaching at which I come to bitcointalk.org and am greeted with the new EpochTalk software by default? Smiley

I'm getting the same problem.
They're probably just updating the site or experiencing some downtime, it'll proably be back soon.
How long has this error been going? (the release is probably close now).

EDIT: I think the server's offline. When I tried pinging it, all that was returned was "request timed out".
instacalm (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:05:15 PM

When will it be back up? Smiley
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 07:00:05 PM

When will it be back up? Smiley

Not really sure as to why it went down... Nothing is reported anywhere that I can find and no one has stated anything about it oing own very much.
I don't know how long the bugs on the github epochetalk repository have been reported, maybe they're fixing them before they put the site back up again, or maybe it's just general maintenance.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 03:19:23 PM

on another note,

Just checked right now, and still getting a 502 error as well. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and seems problem is still unresolved.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:31:16 PM

Still 502 here Sad

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:36:34 PM

Still 502 here Sad
Not just you. Also tried accessing it today and gets the same error. Tried refreshing and nothing happened.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 06:55:51 PM

on another note,

They're probably just updating the site or experiencing some downtime, it'll proably be back soon.

EDIT: I think the server's offline. When I tried pinging it, all that was returned was "request timed out".

it would just timeout outright if that was the case.  I think there is an error in their nginx conf file that is causing it to return the 503 error.   I've had it happen when i configured rate limiting wrong that it would throw this to my users.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:19:55 PM

on another note,

it would just timeout outright if that was the case.  I think there is an error in their nginx conf file that is causing it to return the 503 error.   I've had it happen when i configured rate limiting wrong that it would throw this to my users.

I think when I pinged it from the command line, it returned a "request timed out" due to it being configured well. If you ping this forum, you also get the same error and you can see that it is online.

This is the current IP of beta.bitcointalk.org: 75.101.133.199

If you type that into any browser you get the nginx setup index file which is used to test that a server is configured well with it.
This means that some of the site has been taken down? Possibly to improve it as there were a lot of bugs from the github "issues" page.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6090

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:55:36 AM

It's being almost a month now, anyone knows what's the issue or If the developers announced anything? theymos removed that message on the news section regarding changing our emails, I guess we will have to wait even more until the final release

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 11:24:58 PM

It's being almost a month now, anyone knows what's the issue or If the developers announced anything? theymos removed that message on the news section regarding changing our emails, I guess we will have to wait even more until the final release

I wonder if we will be seeing a seven figure Scam Accusation soon...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:43:56 PM

Theymos should be smart enough to not deal with people through the internet only and instead meet with them face to face sometimes. It's better to stay optimistic, they made a couple of communits a couple of days ago, hopefully they are working on something : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/commits/master

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wangbus

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:59:48 PM

Hi all, beta will be back up this week.

Theymos should be smart enough to not deal with people through the internet only and instead meet with them face to face sometimes. It's better to stay optimistic, they made a couple of communits a couple of days ago, hopefully they are working on something : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/commits/master

So our work has been happening parts of the system that's not master. Also users like Mitchell (moderator) has been contributing some work. Master is now a protected branch and needs peer review before merging.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:34:33 AM

Looking forward to seeing the new forum software. While I am not as active as I once was I came along to Meta to read the "where is the new forum software" posts, to find that there is a beta in flight (or not) at the moment.

Exciting times, hopefully worth the wait ;-)

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:14:54 PM

Hi all, beta will be back up this week.

It's being almost two weeks now, Is there is anything to be worried about at this point? Honestly, I know you are doing your best but If this continues, the final release will never see the light.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wangbus

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:22:27 AM

Sorry about this sorting out data migration issues. Will update when finished.
Pistacia

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:03:01 AM

Sorry about this sorting out data migration issues. Will update when finished.

this is not funny brother

over $1 MILLION USD paid for development and sorting out data migration issues for weeks

502 Bad Gateway

please, no - do you need help? i am a professional java developer
Wangbus

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:26:17 AM

Sure, our source code isn't in Java though. Take a look at our repos and see what you have to offer. Data migration isn't a small thing Wink

Take a look:
https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:57:14 PM

Server's back online.
Just checked it then, no 502 error.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:00:59 AM

Sure, our source code isn't in Java though. Take a look at our repos and see what you have to offer. Data migration isn't a small thing Wink

Take a look:
https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk
Not sure if this has been discussed before but are you accepting any pull requests at the moment ? I can write end to end tests with jasmine and cross verify if the things are working as they should be.In case of a feature request or a bug,it would only make sense to write code if you're accepting requests..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: