Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will BTC surpass Gold in price?  (Read 2067 times)
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:10:58 PM

IMO, at 2019 since bitcoin will reach another halving and I'm sure more investor interest on bitcoin especially Chinese people like they did on early year 2017
Bitcoin have hidden potential as investment , more than you can imagine !

Lol in 2019 we will be at around $2,000++, we are just weeks away from reaching gold parity then to surpass it. Gold will keep stagnating as the useless piece of shit it is and bitcoin will keep growing by cold hard facts such as it being more useful than any other method to store and money wealth outside of the government control machine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talikila

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:15:03 PM

IMO, at 2019 since bitcoin will reach another halving and I'm sure more investor interest on bitcoin especially Chinese people like they did on early year 2017
Bitcoin have hidden potential as investment , more than you can imagine !

Lol in 2019 we will be at around $2,000++, we are just weeks away from reaching gold parity then to surpass it. Gold will keep stagnating as the useless piece of shit it is and bitcoin will keep growing by cold hard facts such as it being more useful than any other method to store and money wealth outside of the government control machine.

I believe that it will surpass gold price in March, 2017. it's about 1,250$ or 1,280$ I think.
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 04:27:21 PM

I don't think it's that relevant if Bitcoin surpasses gold in price because that won't make everyone suddenly think Bitcoin is a better stable asset to hold.  What's relevant is whether the market cap of Bitcoin surpasses the value of all gold in circulation, which will take a long time if it ever happens - and it's hard to say when Bitcoin's value objectively passes that of gold because while Bitcoin is a specific unit, gold is different as it could be a coin, a certain weight etc with different numbers of carats as well.

It's also about how volatile Bitcoin and gold prices are and spreading awareness about the benefits of Bitcoin as a non-physical asset.  People often invest in gold for stability when their currency is unstable, and those people need to be convinced that Bitcoin won't just disappear because they're not quite used to the idea of something which doesn't physically exist.  They also need to be informed about the benefits of being able to exchange it with any currency anywhere in the world as long as you have access to the Internet - you don't have to put the work into taking gold anywhere.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:23:00 PM

I don't think it's that relevant if Bitcoin surpasses gold in price because that won't make everyone suddenly think Bitcoin is a better stable asset to hold.  What's relevant is whether the market cap of Bitcoin surpasses the value of all gold in circulation, which will take a long time if it ever happens - and it's hard to say when Bitcoin's value objectively passes that of gold because while Bitcoin is a specific unit, gold is different as it could be a coin, a certain weight etc with different numbers of carats as well.

It's also about how volatile Bitcoin and gold prices are and spreading awareness about the benefits of Bitcoin as a non-physical asset.  People often invest in gold for stability when their currency is unstable, and those people need to be convinced that Bitcoin won't just disappear because they're not quite used to the idea of something which doesn't physically exist.  They also need to be informed about the benefits of being able to exchange it with any currency anywhere in the world as long as you have access to the Internet - you don't have to put the work into taking gold anywhere.

Quite the opposite!  I am planning to swap some bitcoins for gold ounces if/when we reach parity!
We have bounced off the price of gold twice now, I think we might break though this time Smiley

Picking the time to buy will be the issue then. I would like a few ounces, but don't want to buy before a rise, or fail to buy before a fall!  1st world problems eh!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: