Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: stratum interception on claymore miners  (Read 536 times)
felixbrucker (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 11:36:02 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 11:53:58 PM by felixbrucker

small academic question regarding stratum interception on claymore miners (and any other fee based stratum miner):

how can i test if the speed is staying the same as if not intercepting the traffic in the most efficient/fastest way?

probably i will have too hook the miner to some pool and check the 24hr avg with and without the interception, but will vardiff make this more difficult? i dont want to deploy to to multiple gpus, just one old 7870 i got lying around to test it, so hashrate will be kinda low

i have written a small nodejs app which acts as a direct proxy (it creates one connection per connected miner, not only one single connection) which replaces the authorization params with custom ones and listens on all the ports which the miner tries to connect to (which are routed to this machine via hosts file and nat reflection)

any suggestions and/or pools with good stats are welcome, i would prefer to use cryptonight

Disclaimer: i dont want to "steal" the devfee, just see if this really works, and if not why not

also if claymore reads this: please remove the nicehash stratum from devfee, it bans the addr when too many people connect to it (and thus lowers the hashrate because it cant connect), thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
felixbrucker (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 10:56:23 AM

small academic question regarding stratum interception on claymore miners (and any other fee based stratum miner):

how can i test if the speed is staying the same as if not intercepting the traffic in the most efficient/fastest way?

probably i will have too hook the miner to some pool and check the 24hr avg with and without the interception, but will vardiff make this more difficult? i dont want to deploy to to multiple gpus, just one old 7870 i got lying around to test it, so hashrate will be kinda low

i have written a small nodejs app which acts as a direct proxy (it creates one connection per connected miner, not only one single connection) which replaces the authorization params with custom ones and listens on all the ports which the miner tries to connect to (which are routed to this machine via hosts file and nat reflection)

any suggestions and/or pools with good stats are welcome, i would prefer to use cryptonight

Disclaimer: i dont want to "steal" the devfee, just see if this really works, and if not why not

also if claymore reads this: please remove the nicehash stratum from devfee, it bans the addr when too many people connect to it (and thus lowers the hashrate because it cant connect), thanks

It works - you can really only tell by checking the disassembly.

thanks, with local ips i was getting the message that it detected the local ip (likely private subnet checking), with my public ip with nat reflection it seemed to work though, no message there, but it seems too easy (no expected ip checking, no custom dns verification, etc)

disassembly is currently over my skills im afraid, will have a look at this possibly

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: