Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:12:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy USDT?  (Read 2682 times)
Z24 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:50:58 PM

I have only USD with me and want to buy USDT. I do not have any BTC nor any other cryptocurrency. Since USDT is accepted widely I want to buy it but how do I convert USD. Whats the best way to proceed and could anyone share their experience with tether.to?

Kindly guide me.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:23:54 PM

I have only USD with me and want to buy USDT. I do not have any BTC nor any other cryptocurrency. Since USDT is accepted widely I want to buy it but how do I convert USD. Whats the best way to proceed and could anyone share their experience with tether.to?

Kindly guide me.

What do you mean by "USDT" accepted widely? you mean accepted as in accepted to buy other cryptos? because I dont know a single business accepting USDT for payments.

Im not sure but I think the only exchange with relevant USDT volume is Poloniex:

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_etc

Im not sure about any way to buy USDT directly with USD, so simply buy BTC then USDT if you want USDT.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:07:50 AM

Kindly guide me.

What do you mean by "USDT" accepted widely? you mean accepted as in accepted to buy other cryptos? because I dont know a single business accepting USDT for payments.

Im not sure but I think the only exchange with relevant USDT volume is Poloniex:

Im not sure about any way to buy USDT directly with USD, so simply buy BTC then USDT if you want USDT.

The reason USDT is only available on Poloniex is that it is a currency made by them. It was made to make traders' lives easier, they can save their profits in a currency that always has the exact same value as the dollar, minimising risk of losing money through a cryptocurrency decreasing in price. It is fairly well-established and trustworthy, but I wouldn't advise storing Tether for long periods of time, since if Poloniex experiences problems in the future, Tether may be at risk.
andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:14:07 AM

Kindly guide me.

The reason USDT is only available on Poloniex is that it is a currency made by them. It was made to make traders' lives easier, they can save their profits in a currency that always has the exact same value as the dollar, minimising risk of losing money through a cryptocurrency decreasing in price. It is fairly well-established and trustworthy, but I wouldn't advise storing Tether for long periods of time, since if Poloniex experiences problems in the future, Tether may be at risk.

So USDT doesn't have its transactions on a blockchain of his own? It can't be considered a cryptocurrency right or can it?
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:27:28 AM

Kindly guide me.

@OP yeah, I first encounter USDT only in Poloniex and I wonder what it means. Thank you for this clear explanation about USD Tether. Since it is only in Poloniex meaning you cant withdraw it?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:50:09 AM

Since it is only in Poloniex meaning you cant withdraw it?

it is also on bitfinex and bittrex and also c-cex exchanges and in addition to the exchanges you  can also buy it from the official website
coinmarketcap.com/assets/tether/#markets

it is best if you read all about it in details on their website https://tether.to and as it says you can transfer it between exchanges. it is a cryptocurrency with blockchain and everything just like many other cryptocurrencies.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Z24 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:32:47 PM

Kindly guide me.

If you or anyone here has used tether can you help me with these details?
how much time does it take to verify my tether account?
can I deposit into and withdraw my tether account 24/7?
how much time does it take for the amount once I transfer from my bank account to reflect as USDT balance in the wallet?
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:02:45 PM

Kindly guide me.

So USDT doesn't have its transactions on a blockchain of his own? It can't be considered a cryptocurrency right or can it?
No, it IS a cryptocurrency. Think of it this way, it is a premined cryptocurrency which works on the exact same way: it has a blockchain, and fast transactions. The only difference is that Poloniex ensures its price always remains at that of the dollar. It can also be easily converted to dollars through some feature in the wallet (I think?)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: