Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to add the exchange monero address in pool software  (Read 456 times)
bapparabi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:15:37 PM

do you any one can guide me how to to add the option to enable mine using monero exchange address as right now there is not option available in any of pool software ..

Right now only normal monero address is avalible for mining how can we add option to add the exchnage address in pool software so that any one can use exchnage address to mine in monero pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bapparabi (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:35:49 PM

any one can do it
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:38:03 PM

No. Monrero requires a payment id with the transaction preventing mining directly to an exchange.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
bapparabi (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:57:36 PM

No. Monrero requires a payment id with the transaction preventing mining directly to an exchange.

Yes i know that ..can you tell me how this can be implemented in monero pool software .please as i dont find the option to do it or any guide
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:06:58 PM

Yes i know that ..can you tell me how this can be implemented in monero pool software .please as i dont find the option to do it or any guide

I don't think you can. The payment ID is seperate from the transaction. The exchanges would need a seperate API to
handle it. You'd need cooperation from the exchanges.

bapparabi (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:10:36 PM

I don't think you can. The payment ID is seperate from the transaction. The exchanges would need a seperate API to

how come all other pool using this feature simply not need to any api or thing and can be done mining using any exchange address and payment id sir ..may be there is some code or trick to enable this option
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

how come all other pool using this feature simply not need to any api or thing and can be done mining using any exchange address and payment id sir ..may be there is some code or trick to enable this option

I think the problem is the exchanges that require a payment id before they accept the transaction. I think it is possible to send
without a payment id but the recipient has to accept the transaction without it.

Edit: i'm not an expert in the matter. I'm just describing my understanding.

bapparabi (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:24:29 PM

I think the problem is the exchanges that require a payment id before they accept the transaction. I think it is possible to send
without a payment id but the recipient has to accept the transaction without it.

yes that correct ..that why we need taht option to do this work as i can as many mining pool for monero has enabled this option to mine using address.paymentid ...as this allowed in many minning pool ..but don't see how can it enbaled in any pool software ..and i thing it need to be enabled int pool software so ti allow the miner to mine ..
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:38:05 PM

yes that correct ..that why we need taht option to do this work as i can as many mining pool for monero has enabled this option to mine using address.paymentid ...as this allowed in many minning pool ..but don't see how can it enbaled in any pool software ..and i thing it need to be enabled int pool software so ti allow the miner to mine ..

I'm not sure what you mean by enabled. It's not as simple as changing a setting. The pool software needs to send the payment
id seperately to the exchnage. Normally that's the user using copy/paste, The pool software needs to be programmed to be able
to send it in a way the exchange is programmed to receive it. It's a 2 way street, the exchanges would have to get on board.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: