Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Busy, try again (504)  (Read 2072 times)
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 04:44:59 PM

I was getting this error again and again

The server seems to be overloaded right now. Please try again in a little while.

If you are getting this error while trying to post something, press the reload/refresh button in your browser and accept the browser warning. Keep doing this until you get a non-error page, at which point your post will be made. Leave at least a few seconds between each attempt.

It is normal for this error to occur every once in a while. There is generally no need to report it. However, if you get this error so often that it becomes especially disruptive, post to the Meta section of the forum about it.

504 via master1

Hope this is normal one but every other refresh was showing this 504 error, a few seconds ago. I am posting in Meta section to let the concerned staff know about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:48:32 PM

It hasn't been more than 2 times for me and pretty sure its somewhere around the same for others, no need to make a fuss~~

Edit:
Just happen to me 4 times

Error
Busy notice
reload
busy notice

Are we being attacked ?
Wow, even with the error message people seem to freak out pretty easily, wonder what'd happen if some random guy(me) jokingly says that the site's been hacked...
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:49:45 PM

Just happen to me 4 times

Error
Busy notice
reload
busy notice

Are we being attacked ?

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
rvbtccom

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:55:06 PM

the same probleme with me i have just receive this error for more than 5 times tell me
The server seems to be overloaded right now. Please try again in a little while.

If you are getting this error while trying to post something, press the reload/refresh button in your browser and accept the browser warning. Keep doing this until you get a non-error page, at which point your post will be made. Leave at least a few seconds between each attempt.

It is normal for this error to occur every once in a while. There is generally no need to report it. However, if you get this error so often that it becomes especially disruptive, post to the Meta section of the forum about it.

504 via master1
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:59:28 PM

I was getting this error again and again

504 via master1

Hope this is normal one but every other refresh was showing this 504 error, a few seconds ago. I am posting in Meta section to let the concerned staff know about it.

I was about to post about this too myself because it has been happening to me for a while today. I use Tor in order to bypass firewall on work, but apparently everyone gets this too?

Remember to copy paste your comment before clicking post so you dont lose it.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:01:41 PM

Same here, but I got a "503" error too which says the following:

Too fast / overloaded (503)

Most likely, you are accessing the forum too quickly. You are only allowed to access at a rate of one pageload per second on average (somewhat higher bursts).

It is also possible that the server is overloaded or temporarily down.

503 via master1

so most likely we will get news soon from theymos or some other admin.
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 02:53:43 PM

Initially, I thought it was a DDoS attack but I was not sure about it and I haven’t faced any such error meanwhile after creating this topic. I am just curious to know that do we have any CDN protection like CloudFlare etc? It would be great to have such protection to avoid any possible attack.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:18:29 PM

I am just curious to know that do we have any CDN protection like CloudFlare etc? It would be great to have such protection to avoid any possible attack.
Don't think so, AFAIK theymos didn't want to give up the HTTPS keys or something

Edit: Found the post
Can't afford a cloudfare ddos protection [...]?
I think it might be time to reconsider using cloudflare or similar service.

In the past, one of the main reasons why it was said cloudflare will not be used is that theymos would need to give up effective control over the HTTPS keys to google in order to use cloudflare.

However with the claim that bitcointalk.org (and bitoin.org) might be the subject of state-sponsored hacking attempts (and that such state-sponsored hackers might be able to compromise and/or impersonate the HTTPS keys).

The argument behind theymos maintaining exclusive control over the HTTPS keys is that he would be able to (and be expected to) push back against legal processes demanding access to information that would be accessible with the HTTPS keys. However, IMO google would likely be better equipped to counter state-sponsored hacking attempts, and would have greater resources to do so. Giving google effective access to the HTTPS keys would not make users defenseless against illegitimate requests for information accessible with HTTPS keys because, at the very least there will be some level of judicial oversight over legal processes requesting information, and even when this is insufficient, theymos would likely still be able to fight these kinds of requests to some extent. 
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:42:52 PM

It happens sometimes when the servers are overloaded.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: