Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:22:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit on Bitcoin has Failed , BTC Core has Lost , The Miners have Won  (Read 4494 times)
whitemacna

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:27:17 AM

But Bitcoin Core does not care. They will run this out till November, no issue. They see BTC as a 'store of value' not a currency. So they really don't careif the block size increases or not. Thus it is more of an issue to the miners.Segwit & LN are the Power Grap, if that fails then BTC Core fails.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:07:25 AM

But Bitcoin Core does not care. They will run this out till November, no issue. They see BTC as a 'store of value' not a currency. So they really don't care if the block size increases or not. Thus it is more of an issue to the miners.Segwit & LN are the Power Grab, if that fails then BTC Core fails.

But if the seg witness and lighting 'do work' even modestly as bitcoin core hopes...I can see this drag'ing out for another 4-5 years...with the end being you use BCH or LTC for

transactions and BTC as a store of value...both camps would then make enough on each horse to flog.....stalemate...it has already gone on far longer than I thought it could

so pretty much figure that this is the new normal

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:47:55 AM

But Bitcoin Core does not care. They will run this out till November, no issue. They see BTC as a 'store of value' not a currency. So they really don't care if the block size increases or not. Thus it is more of an issue to the miners.Segwit & LN are the Power Grab, if that fails then BTC Core fails.

But if the seg witness and lighting 'do work' even modestly as bitcoin core hopes...I can see this drag'ing out for another 4-5 years...with the end being you use BCH or LTC for

transactions and BTC as a store of value...both camps would then make enough on each horse to flog.....stalemate...it has already gone on far longer than I thought it could

so pretty much figure that this is the new normal

They have worked very well in terms of losing mostly all transactional / business clients, supporters and such reputation and market share as well.
If this down trend for BTC and the uptrend for BCH holds for the next few years....

See what cobra and lukejnr are trying to do, next split of community.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Tanu10

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:16:36 AM

They have to have some angle are working. And it can work.
RebeccaCole

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:55:40 PM

Unlimited transactions could occur OFFCHAIN,
that amount of transactions will be stolen from the miners as a whole, decreasing the total amount of transactions from them to choose from chain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: